ImageImageImageImageImage

When does Quickley get his first 30 piece bucket meal?

When do you think Quickley gets his first 30 point game?

January
25%
February
25%
March
11%
April
2%
Playoffs
5%
Not as a rookie
18%
Never....just like Frank.
5%
STFU stup
9%

Total votes: 56

NowWHYcee7
Bench Warmer
And1: 979

Re: When does Quickley get his first 30 piece bucket meal? 

Post#21 » by NowWHYcee7 » Mon Jan 4, 2021 4:53 pm

relax
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,313

Post#22 » by thebuzzardman » Mon Jan 4, 2021 5:28 pm

K-DOT wrote:Hard to do that in 15 minutes

Gotta develop our franchise PG, Elfrid Payton, so Quickley can't be given too much time.

IB4HESTHEBESTPGONTHEROSTER arguments
stuporman
RealGM
And1: 16,063

Post#23 » by stuporman » Mon Jan 4, 2021 7:09 pm

I'm surprised more of the Frank haters haven't used their extra selection to poke fun.....
If you'd rather see your team fail so you can be right
...you are a fan of your opinion not the team.
Image?
Knowledge is just information stuffed into a mental bag
Wisdom is knowing what to pull out of the bag to do the job
BugginOut
Head Coach
And1: 7,829

Post#24 » by BugginOut » Mon Jan 4, 2021 7:32 pm

Separatista wrote:Funny that whenever I see Chris Paul or Harden do that neck snap when they drive and gets a foul I go :roll: such a bull move.
But now, when Quick does it, I say **** yeah force them to blow the whistle. I still dont get how some players get that call and some dont

It's hard to see by watching tv, but some players are so shifty with their movement that the refs have no choice but to call a foul do to their contact they create. Harden and Trae do this perfectly. For Quickley he has really long arms/wingspan so it helps him get tangled with the defender. Plus he is really quick with his first step and he knows how to sell contact (i.e flop)

I think Quickley gets a big scoring game early. He scores way too efficiently on FTs and 3PT shooting. I can see him having one game where he is 5-7 from three and 10-10 from the FT line. He'll get a lot of points and then Thibs will keep him in riding the hot hand. After that explosion I think teams are going to start honing in on him and Quickley probably won't that many big games until he expands his game next year.
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 61,275

Post#25 » by Clyde_Style » Mon Jan 4, 2021 7:56 pm

stuporman wrote:When do you think Quickley gets his first 30 point game? What month? Not as a rook? Or never?

Predict the exact high!! I'll say 33. Sometime in the middle of Feb all the Knicks fans fall in love with him and make him their valentine.

Maybe in the playoffs and instantly becomes the Knicks' Jeter for a summer... :lol:

For context Knox did it in January of his rookie season which was his 36th game played and RJ has never done it yet even though he got to 27 twice in his rookie year.

Multiple rank choice vote so it's interesting or waste one on me if you want and gtfo....

STFU because I used my one vote on February
ImageImageImage
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#26 » by Clyde_Style » Mon Jan 4, 2021 7:58 pm

god shammgod wrote:i don't know but i just want to congratulate you for thinking of this topic before nbabrothers.

You have to admit, you can't criticize this board for not developing its roster
ImageImageImage
stuporman
RealGM

Post#27 » by stuporman » Mon Jan 4, 2021 8:11 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
stuporman wrote:When do you think Quickley gets his first 30 point game? What month? Not as a rook? Or never?

Predict the exact high!! I'll say 33. Sometime in the middle of Feb all the Knicks fans fall in love with him and make him their valentine.

Maybe in the playoffs and instantly becomes the Knicks' Jeter for a summer... :lol:

For context Knox did it in January of his rookie season which was his 36th game played and RJ has never done it yet even though he got to 27 twice in his rookie year.
:lol:
Multiple rank choice vote so it's interesting or waste one on me if you want and gtfo....

I gave people two choices so they could use one for an alternative choice or for fun and you wasted it? For that reason I will not stfu because you missed out! :lol:
Image?
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#28 » by Clyde_Style » Mon Jan 4, 2021 8:30 pm

stuporman wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:

:lol:

I gave people two choices so they could use one for an alternative choice or for fun and you wasted it? For that reason I will not stfu because you missed out! :lol:

It was not a wasted vote if I got to tell you to STFU directly. Aha!
ImageImageImage
stuporman
RealGM

Post#29 » by stuporman » Mon Jan 4, 2021 8:43 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
stuporman wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:

Nope...only legal votes count.... you can't steal the election with me. :rofl:
Image?
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#30 » by Clyde_Style » Mon Jan 4, 2021 9:01 pm

stuporman wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
stuporman wrote:

My lawyer Pin Head will be in touch
ImageImageImage
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
And1: 11,272

Post#31 » by MaseInYourFace » Mon Jan 4, 2021 9:07 pm

BugginOut wrote:
Separatista wrote:Funny that whenever I see Chris Paul or Harden do that neck snap when they drive and gets a foul I go :roll: such a bull move.
But now, when Quick does it, I say **** yeah force them to blow the whistle. I still dont get how some players get that call and some dont

It's hard to see by watching tv, but some players are so shifty with their movement that the refs have no choice but to call a foul do to their contact they create. Harden and Trae do this perfectly. For Quickley he has really long arms/wingspan so it helps him get tangled with the defender. Plus he is really quick with his first step and he knows how to sell contact (i.e flop)

I think Quickley gets a big scoring game early. He scores way too efficiently on FTs and 3PT shooting. I can see him having one game where he is 5-7 from three and 10-10 from the FT line. He'll get a lot of points and then Thibs will keep him in riding the hot hand. After that explosion I think teams are going to start honing in on him and Quickley probably won't that many big games until he expands his game next year.

What are they going to do though? Double team him? Guards like that there isn’t much you can do to stop them. Not in this current NBA at least. There are a few teams that have freak defenders (someone like a Dort) that are bigger and/or can stay with him, that would work but most teams don’t have that guy.

If he stays hungry and he starts getting the whistle it’s a wrap for the league...
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
IR: X. Tillman Sr., J. Nwora, E. Hughes,
stuporman
RealGM

Post#32 » by stuporman » Mon Jan 4, 2021 9:18 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
stuporman wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:

I don't accept collect calls from prison though so they might have trouble reaching me.
Image?
vallen
RealGM
And1: 3,058

Post#33 » by vallen » Mon Jan 4, 2021 9:19 pm

Let him get a 20 pc Mcnugget first.
There's something about an underdog that really inspires the unexceptional.
prophet_of_rage
RealGM
And1: 6,653

Post#34 » by prophet_of_rage » Mon Jan 4, 2021 9:22 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
stuporman wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:

As soon as the dye dries?

Sent from my SM-N970W using Tapatalk
prophet_of_rage
RealGM
And1: 6,653

Post#35 » by prophet_of_rage » Mon Jan 4, 2021 9:23 pm

MaseInYourFace wrote:
BugginOut wrote:

What are they going to do though? Double team him? Guards like that there isn’t much you can do to stop them. Not in this current NBA at least. There are a few teams that have freak defenders (someone like a Dort) that are bigger and/or can stay with him, that would work but most teams don’t have that guy.

If he stays hungry and he starts getting the whistle it’s a wrap for the league...
On a team with Randle and RJ he's not getting shots like that.

stuporman
RealGM

Post#36 » by stuporman » Mon Jan 4, 2021 9:25 pm

IQ won't be getting the benefit of the doubt from refs right away because of some stupid rookie reputation bias but if he doesn't become a whiner and just keeps being aggressive sooner than later he'll start to get the calls because the refs don't want to get exposed themselves as being too biased.

I haven't seen him have the instant reaction of whining to the whistle that so many players do and let's hope he doesn't ever develop it. If he just plays hard and let it work itself out he will be getting those continuation calls soon even as a rookie. Especially if he starts making plays and making shots the refs will have to respect his game and give him the calls.
Image?
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
And1: 11,272

Post#37 » by MaseInYourFace » Mon Jan 4, 2021 9:29 pm

prophet_of_rage wrote:
MaseInYourFace wrote:
BugginOut wrote:It's hard to see by watching tv, but some players are so shifty with their movement that the refs have no choice but to call a foul do to their contact they create. Harden and Trae do this perfectly. For Quickley he has really long arms/wingspan so it helps him get tangled with the defender. Plus he is really quick with his first step and he knows how to sell contact (i.e flop)

I was speaking in general. Also with his efficiency profile he doesn’t need a lot of shots to “go off.”
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
IR: X. Tillman Sr., J. Nwora, E. Hughes,
stuporman
RealGM

Post#38 » by stuporman » Mon Jan 4, 2021 9:38 pm

vallen wrote:Let him get a 20 pc Mcnugget first.

The 30 point game seems like a more significant distinction because hey, even Frank can score 20 in a game if you give him enough years to do it. Of course, Knox scored 30 as a rookie but it hasn't elevated him beyond struggling to be more than a role player so should I have put 40? :lol:
Image?
BugginOut
Head Coach
And1: 7,829

Post#39 » by BugginOut » Mon Jan 4, 2021 10:29 pm

MaseInYourFace wrote:
prophet_of_rage wrote:
MaseInYourFace wrote:

I was speaking in general. Also with his efficiency profile he doesn’t need a lot of shots to “go off.”

I'm not saying that he won't be able to score at all, since his type of game does allow for easy buckets. But if IQ is going for 20+ every night teams are going to hone in on him and make it difficult for him. It is tough to have that kind of defensive focus on you and still put up 20+, especially as a rookie. Unless IQ has a Donovan Mitchell type of season then it will probably take him a bit to be a consistent high PPG scorer, until he gets a lot more reps.
knicksNOTslick
RealGM
And1: 4,633

Post#40 » by knicksNOTslick » Tue Jan 5, 2021 5:16 am

A 30 point game from Frank will be followed by a season-ending groin injury. It's best that he stay in the single digits to save his groin.

A 30 point game from Quick is probably going to happen sooner than later because he already knows how to draw fouls. So a hot shooting night will get him there. He might never become a star player, but I could see him as one of those guards that if they get hot, they can score 40, even 50 (because guys like Tony Delk and Corey Brewer have scored 50 points once in their career so why not Quickley?).

Return to New York Knicks