GT: Wizards @ Nets - 01/03/21, 6pm EST

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Re: GT: Wizards @ Nets - 01/03/21, 6pm EST 

Post#281 » by Paradise » Tue Jan 5, 2021 1:11 am

Derrick Coleman on Nets struggles:

“Well just what you said, the potential is the sky’s the limit with that team. The biggest thing for me in watching them play and you know in the time that I have watched them, I’m not really concerned about the offense. I’m really concerned about the defensive side of the ball, you know, and that just goes with communication you know, everybody talking to each other down a basketball being on the same page. And you see it in spurts and sometimes it is sometimes you just forget the rotation. That comes like you said not being able to practice, not having a real training camp, Kevin (Durant) coming back off of injury. But he’s not showing any of that. So it's just being on the floor and communicating with each other getting everybody on the same base. I just see the struggles right now just going to be better for you later on in the season. Just have to keep continuing to work.”
StepBackCrack
Starter
And1: 3,083

Post#282 » by StepBackCrack » Tue Jan 5, 2021 8:34 am

Nets needs a big reality check but I'm not sure they fully received it yet. One would think what happened already is big enough reality check to start doing some serious changes. This team is basically relying completely on 7/11 to save them every single time while killing themselves for almost 40 minutes. Utterly unsustainable and unreliable "plan" for a "championship contender". Yes superstars are essential for winning titles but you still need good/great coaching and proper team building around these superstars/stars to achieve such big goals. I will wait and see if Nash/management changes something. Trying new rotations or doing a trade would be better than keeping the same unreliable formula.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#283 » by Prokorov » Tue Jan 5, 2021 3:56 pm

StepBackCrack wrote:Nets needs a big reality check but I'm not sure they fully received it yet. One would think what happened already is big enough reality check to start doing some serious changes. This team is basically relying completely on 7/11 to save them every single time while killing themselves for almost 40 minutes. Utterly unsustainable and unreliable "plan" for a "championship contender". Yes superstars are essential for winning titles but you still need good/great coaching and proper team building around these superstars/stars to achieve such big goals. I will wait and see if Nash/management changes something. Trying new rotations or doing a trade would be better than keeping the same unreliable formula.

I think you are projecting frustration on the team that doesn't internally exsist.

These guys know what they have in Kyrie/KD. they know the ceiling. these guys have also been in the league a while, they know the difference between chemistry issues and early season struggles vs. talent issues, fit issues, and effort issues.

There is no panic. and if you listen to Nash, KD, and Adam Harrington they are saying stuff like "the communication needs to be better" or "we need to find chemistry" or "im 100% confident TLC is gonna hit that shot every time i give him the ball". These guys arent guys concerned with the current state. they know with time it should hash itself out.

These arent guys frustrated by losses or feel the team isnt playing hard enough or feel like Marks needs to make a move. These are guys who had no training camp 1.5 preseason games, and are all new and working it out. the can see in practice they are still learning each other.

Fans get frustrated with erly losses due to the high expectations and project that frustation on to the team. the team is in a completely different place then frustrated fans. Some of these guys have had awful starts or awful stretches or new teammates and still won in the end.

Return to Brooklyn Nets