Game 7 : Cleveland Cavaliers (4-2) @ Orlando Magic (4-2) - 7:00PM 

Post#1 » by ducler » Mon Jan 4, 2021 9:20 pm

Read on Twitter
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Re: Game 7 : Cleveland Cavaliers (4-2) @ Orlando Magic (4-2) - 7:00PM 

Post#2 » by Stillwater » Mon Jan 4, 2021 9:31 pm

DG and O listed as Questionable but both shown here as starters. KPJ remains out and at this point you have start wondering exactly why given the man was cleared. Not a good look for him going forward if they cannot get him into the building. Hoping we will see him again after this road trip. If not I am pretty much writing him off as playing for the Cavs at all. Too bad if that does happen that way, was and remains one of my favorite prospects of past several drafts.
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
Revenged25
Analyst
And1: 1,002

Post#3 » by Revenged25 » Mon Jan 4, 2021 10:49 pm

Stillwater wrote:DG and O listed as Questionable but both shown here as starters. KPJ remains out and at this point you have start wondering exactly why given the man was cleared. Not a good look for him going forward if they cannot get him into the building. Hoping we will see him again after this road trip. If not I am pretty much writing him off as playing for the Cavs at all. Too bad if that does happen that way, was and remains one of my favorite prospects of past several drafts.

He might still have some personal stuff going on upstairs and instead of rushing him back into the line-up and the pressure that comes with it keeping him back till he's fully together makes sense to me. Is he at least practicing though?
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#4 » by Stillwater » Mon Jan 4, 2021 11:48 pm

Revenged25 wrote:
Stillwater wrote:DG and O listed as Questionable but both shown here as starters. KPJ remains out and at this point you have start wondering exactly why given the man was cleared. Not a good look for him going forward if they cannot get him into the building. Hoping we will see him again after this road trip. If not I am pretty much writing him off as playing for the Cavs at all. Too bad if that does happen that way, was and remains one of my favorite prospects of past several drafts.

He might still have some personal stuff going on upstairs and instead of rushing him back into the line-up and the pressure that comes with it keeping him back till he's fully together makes sense to me. Is he at least practicing though?

I agree it makes sense to not rush anything if he is in rehab or counseling aka seeking help esp with something as serious as suicidal thoughts if that is true.
However I expect the reports of delaying the return to the court could in fact be more coming from his end not being interested in playing right now or something either esp if he is serving any kind of sentence ( prob house arrest imo) where he is in fact incapable of honoring his contract regardless of reports of dropping the wreck & felony gun possession etc. I don't get the impression he is practicing since the verdict was handed down and certainly doesn't appear to be anywhere near the team even though there is one report he practiced with the team once before the season started it was probably before the sentence was reduced thrown out whatever actually happened. Again House arrest seems like the most likely culprit here, and tbh I hope thats all it is
Revenged25
Analyst

Post#5 » by Revenged25 » Mon Jan 4, 2021 11:52 pm

Stillwater wrote:
Revenged25 wrote:

I agree it makes sense to not rush anything if he is in rehab or counseling aka seeking help esp with something as serious as suicidal thoughts if that is true.
However I expect the reports of delaying the return to the court could in fact be more coming from his end not being interested in playing right now or something either esp if he is serving any kind of sentence ( prob house arrest imo) where he is in fact incapable of honoring his contract regardless of reports of dropping the wreck & felony gun possession etc. I don't get the impression he is practicing since the verdict was handed down and certainly doesn't appear to be anywhere near the team even though there is one report he practiced with the team once before the season started it was probably before the sentence was reduced thrown out whatever actually happened. Again House arrest seems like the most likely culprit here, and tbh I hope thats all it is

I thought even on house arrest they often gave you the ability to go to work and stuff, granted it might keep him from traveling with the team, but he should at least be able to practice when the team is in town or at least go through practice sessions at the facilities with staff.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#6 » by Stillwater » Mon Jan 4, 2021 11:58 pm

Revenged25 wrote:
Stillwater wrote:
Revenged25 wrote:

I thought even on house arrest they often gave you the ability to go to work and stuff, granted it might keep him from traveling with the team, but he should at least be able to practice when the team is in town or at least go through practice sessions at the facilities with staff.

I dont think so but maybe they changed it since I pulled a Disturbia
Revenged25
Analyst

Post#7 » by Revenged25 » Tue Jan 5, 2021 12:01 am

Stillwater wrote:
Revenged25 wrote:
Stillwater wrote:I agree it makes sense to not rush anything if he is in rehab or counseling aka seeking help esp with something as serious as suicidal thoughts if that is true.

Often was probably overselling, but there is a chance to based on employment, crime, etc.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#8 » by Stillwater » Tue Jan 5, 2021 12:14 am

Revenged25 wrote:
Stillwater wrote:
Revenged25 wrote:

Often was probably overselling, but there is a chance to based on employment, crime, etc.

But he isnt working so...
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#9 » by Stillwater » Tue Jan 5, 2021 12:15 am

great now Exum out
JonFromVA
RealGM
And1: 4,351

Post#10 » by JonFromVA » Tue Jan 5, 2021 12:28 am

Revenged25 wrote:
Stillwater wrote:
Revenged25 wrote:

Being charged with a crime is public information ... I don't think the Cavs could hide that long.

KPJ will be back on the court when both sides are ready for him to be back on the court.
JonFromVA
RealGM
And1: 4,351

Post#11 » by JonFromVA » Tue Jan 5, 2021 12:29 am

Stillwater wrote:great now Exum out

Wha?
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 31,982

Post#12 » by jbk1234 » Tue Jan 5, 2021 12:29 am

Is Delly active?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using RealGM mobile app
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#13 » by jbk1234 » Tue Jan 5, 2021 12:30 am

JonFromVA wrote:
Stillwater wrote:great now Exum out

Wha?
It was like the first play of the game. I like the young man but he just can't stay on the court.

cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#14 » by jbk1234 » Tue Jan 5, 2021 12:32 am

JonFromVA wrote:
Revenged25 wrote:
Stillwater wrote:I agree it makes sense to not rush anything if he is in rehab or counseling aka seeking help esp with something as serious as suicidal thoughts if that is true.

Being charged with a crime is public information ... I don't think the Cavs could hide that long.

KPJ will be back on the court when both sides are ready for him to be back on the court.
This. Although we need bodies at this point. I think Okoro can come back soon if he's not actually positive for Covid.

cbosh4mvp wrote:
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#15 » by jbk1234 » Tue Jan 5, 2021 12:45 am

I believe they call this sub optimal

Read on Twitter
?s=20

cbosh4mvp wrote:
Revenged25
Analyst

Post#16 » by Revenged25 » Tue Jan 5, 2021 12:58 am

I have no idea how we are still in this game considering who is all out.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#17 » by jbk1234 » Tue Jan 5, 2021 1:02 am

Revenged25 wrote:I have no idea how we are still in this game considering who is all out.
Cedi is knocking down threes like he's Curry. Suffice to say, that probably won't hold all game.

cbosh4mvp wrote:
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#18 » by jbk1234 » Tue Jan 5, 2021 1:20 am

Cavs are doing the right thing in having their bench guys just chuck threes. It's their only shot on this game.

cbosh4mvp wrote:
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#19 » by jbk1234 » Tue Jan 5, 2021 1:26 am

Gordon is killing us and he's not that good of an offensive player.

cbosh4mvp wrote:
Revenged25
Analyst

Post#20 » by Revenged25 » Tue Jan 5, 2021 1:36 am

jbk1234 wrote:Gordon is killing us and he's not that good of an offensive player.

I mean everyone has a game like this at some point. I mean even I have had a Curry like performance in a pick-up game before though I normally make the worst shooter on a High School JV team look like Curry.

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers