Game 7 : Indiana Pacers (4-2) @ New Orleans Pelicans (4-2) - 8:00PM 

Post#1 » by ducler » Mon Jan 4, 2021 9:35 pm

Read on Twitter
Pacersike
Analyst
And1: 823

Re: Game 7 : Indiana Pacers (4-2) @ New Orleans Pelicans (4-2) - 8:00PM 

Post#2 » by Pacersike » Mon Jan 4, 2021 10:13 pm

With doctors and nurses saving lives, I'm not contributing anymore to $ 200M dollar contracts for people playing with a ball.

It's a shame, cuz the game itself is awesome and the free trial ends today. No loss though, more time for other sensations :) .
Topofthekey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,883

Post#3 » by Topofthekey » Tue Jan 5, 2021 1:34 am

Justin Holiday getting in there fighting for and getting the offensive rebound. Damn. Our backup bigs should be ashamed of themselves
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,025

Post#4 » by Scoot McGroot » Tue Jan 5, 2021 2:42 am

Topofthekey wrote:Justin Holiday getting in there fighting for and getting the offensive rebound. Damn. Our backup bigs should be ashamed of themselves

The only healthy backup big has shown pretty well tonight, too. :wink: Sampson came off the bench for solid run. We tied NO 11-11 for the minutes he played, which is a HUGE win for an “emergency” player.

But I LOVE JUSTIN HOLIDAY. He’s just such an awesome role player, and seems like a great guy overall off the court, too. Getting him for as affordable as we did is absolutely a home run this past offseason.

And still, other than Sampson, we haven’t seen anyone else form the bench but the usual 8 guys. I’m getting a bit worried about our depth if we don’t trust them to get Brogdon and the like a few more minutes of rest.

Also, Nickeil Alexander-Walker was a guy I liked in the draft, but he is NOT looking great out there for the Pelicans. Just really seems uncomfortable and unaware. Kind of the “anti-Justin Holiday” in that regard.
Topofthekey
Lead Assistant

Post#5 » by Topofthekey » Tue Jan 5, 2021 3:10 am

Scoot McGroot wrote:
Topofthekey wrote:Justin Holiday getting in there fighting for and getting the offensive rebound. Damn. Our backup bigs should be ashamed of themselves

The only healthy backup big has shown pretty well tonight, too. :wink: Sampson came off the bench for solid run. We tied NO 11-11 for the minutes he played, which is a HUGE win for an “emergency” player.

But I LOVE JUSTIN HOLIDAY. He’s just such an awesome role player, and seems like a great guy overall off the court, too. Getting him for as affordable as we did is absolutely a home run this past offseason.

And still, other than Sampson, we haven’t seen anyone else form the bench but the usual 8 guys. I’m getting a bit worried about our depth if we don’t trust them to get Brogdon and the like a few more minutes of rest.

Also, Nickeil Alexander-Walker was a guy I liked in the draft, but he is NOT looking great out there for the Pelicans. Just really seems uncomfortable and unaware. Kind of the “anti-Justin Holiday” in that regard.

That's 100% correct

He just does everything, too. He's like some kind of panacea, some kind of fix-it-all remedy

I would love to see some Cassius Stanley or Edmond Sumner too, but Brogdon, McConnell, and Doug have all been playing very well, so I can see why they are being kept in games
Topofthekey
Lead Assistant

Post#6 » by Topofthekey » Tue Jan 5, 2021 3:11 am

Oh god, not another 4th quarter meltdown please
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#7 » by Scoot McGroot » Tue Jan 5, 2021 3:46 am

How about that finish?!?!?
Boneman2
General Manager
And1: 1,532

Post#8 » by Boneman2 » Tue Jan 5, 2021 3:56 am

Victor stepped up. Big win
"A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears." -Michel de Montaigne
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#9 » by Scoot McGroot » Tue Jan 5, 2021 4:57 am

Boneman2 wrote:Victor stepped up. Big win

Yup. We played a short rotation, still, but darned near everyone stepped up. Aaron Holiday merely played fine, and is still on a shooting slide, but only looks bad because everyone else played so well. Vic did almost everything great tonight except his crabwalk in splitting the defense is still a bit sloppy. Myles defended EVERYTHING tonight, and showed offensive skills we haven't ever seen from him, really. McConnell, McDermott, and Justin played excellent roles, while even Sampson excelled in coming off the bench for his 9 minutes due to foul troubles for Dom and Myles. Brogdon was his usual really, really good self. Missing Warren hurts, but these guys played so well and finished strong.
Pacersike
Analyst
And1: 823

Post#10 » by Pacersike » Tue Jan 5, 2021 9:30 am

Props to Brogdon for his finishing touch and his post game comments about Turner.

I wouldn't call making the game winner simple though, out of respect for the opponent. Making them is difficult, but always doable.

He is knocking on the door of the AS selection again though, so great to have him on board and that he is learning quickly to become a better leader. He can be a great leader and that is heavily important.
Pacers_Freak
Veteran
And1: 2,711

Post#11 » by Pacers_Freak » Tue Jan 5, 2021 1:54 pm

Man that was a fun one. Wild finish. Didn't expect us to get that one going into it. Nice, nice road win.
Pacers_Freak
Veteran

Post#12 » by Pacers_Freak » Tue Jan 5, 2021 1:55 pm

Pacersike wrote:With doctors and nurses saving lives, I'm not contributing anymore to $ 200M dollar contracts for people playing with a ball.

It's a shame, cuz the game itself is awesome and the free trial ends today. No loss though, more time for other sensations :) .

Huh
Topofthekey
Lead Assistant

Post#13 » by Topofthekey » Tue Jan 5, 2021 2:23 pm

Nice finish to the game indeed

Justin, Doug, and McConnell all played well. Jakaar Sampson did well too. The bench crew continues to shine basically. Main concern about the bench is, ironically, the depth. Would be great if Sumner or Stanley can contribute some useful minutes. Kelan too. Let's hope at least one of them makes the rotation, especially with both Lamb and Warren out. Things will probably stabilize a little once Lamb returns

Pacers were calling on Justin Holiday to defend Zion. JUSTIN HOLIDAY. Defending freaking ZION WILLIAMSON. What an utter disgrace. The 6'6" Justin Holiday was out there fighting with Zion, and the team's supposed third big was dressed in denim watching and clapping. Goga needs to get his ass out there and play, man

Both Myles and Domas fouled out too, this really could have been his game to shine

I love how well Brogdon has been playing, but I hope he's not accumulating too much wear and tear. He played a game high 46 minutes. It's a marathon, not a sprint

Vic was great, taking charges and diving for loose balls. I also love how he's playing within the system, instead of forcing things and playing hero ball, even though it's a contract year for him. Credit him for being unselfish
Pacers_Freak
Veteran

Post#14 » by Pacers_Freak » Tue Jan 5, 2021 3:28 pm

Topofthekey wrote:Nice finish to the game indeed

Justin, Doug, and McConnell all played well. Jakaar Sampson did well too. The bench crew continues to shine basically. Main concern about the bench is, ironically, the depth. Would be great if Sumner or Stanley can contribute some useful minutes. Kelan too. Let's hope at least one of them makes the rotation, especially with both Lamb and Warren out. Things will probably stabilize a little once Lamb returns

Pacers were calling on Justin Holiday to defend Zion. JUSTIN HOLIDAY. Defending freaking ZION WILLIAMSON. What an utter disgrace. The 6'6" Justin Holiday was out there fighting with Zion, and the team's supposed third big was dressed in denim watching and clapping. Goga needs to get his ass out there and play, man

Both Myles and Domas fouled out too, this really could have been his game to shine

I love how well Brogdon has been playing, but I hope he's not accumulating too much wear and tear. He played a game high 46 minutes. It's a marathon, not a sprint

Vic was great, taking charges and diving for loose balls. I also love how he's playing within the system, instead of forcing things and playing hero ball, even though it's a contract year for him. Credit him for being unselfish

Goga is out until at least Saturday.
basketballwacko2
RealGM
And1: 3,911

Post#15 » by basketballwacko2 » Tue Jan 5, 2021 4:51 pm

I didn't watch this one, after that Knicks debacle I took some Xanax and drank a bottle of Scotch whisky instead. That said both Dom and Myles fouling out shows this team needs Goga to get his butt in gear and they need a backup PF.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#16 » by Scoot McGroot » Tue Jan 5, 2021 5:57 pm

basketballwacko2 wrote:I didn't watch this one, after that Knicks debacle I took some Xanax and drank a bottle of Scotch whisky instead. That said both Dom and Myles fouling out shows this team needs Goga to get his butt in gear and they need a backup PF.

In all fairness, Sampson did play really, really well off the bench at the bigs. But yes, for all Nate’s talk of going deep into his bench, and developing guys during the season, we really have only seen Kelan and now Jakarr play non-garbage minutes outside of the top 8 guys.
boomershadow
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 6,232

Post#17 » by boomershadow » Tue Jan 5, 2021 6:17 pm

They made some big shots down the stretch, including Turner with a couple clutch ones. Oladipo really showing some of that 2018 form.

Return to Indiana Pacers