ImageImage

OT: Video Game Computers/Gadgets/Gizmos Thread

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,330

Re: OT: Video Game Computers/Gadgets/Gizmos Thread 

Post#81 » by crkone » Tue Jan 5, 2021 3:20 pm

Patiently waiting for the DMR meta to die.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,897

Post#82 » by jschligs » Tue Jan 5, 2021 3:44 pm

crkone wrote:Patiently waiting for the DMR meta to die.

I'm actually surprised they've waited this long to put out an update. The DMR, MAC 10 and Diammatis have ruined playing in Verdansk. I still find Rebirth a nice change of pace, but me and my buddies never play regular anymore and won't until those are fixed. Usually online games will nerf metas like this pretty quick.
crkone
RealGM

Post#83 » by crkone » Tue Jan 5, 2021 3:47 pm

jschligs wrote:
crkone wrote:Patiently waiting for the DMR meta to die.

I'm actually surprised they've waited this long to put out an update. The DMR, MAC 10 and Diammatis have ruined playing in Verdansk. I still find Rebirth a nice change of pace, but me and my buddies never play regular anymore and won't until those are fixed. Usually online games will nerf metas like this pretty quick.

The only enjoyment now is killing the noobs using aimbot every other game.

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,017

Post#84 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Jan 5, 2021 3:53 pm

Read on Twitter

If for some reason you haven't picked it up.
UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 28,779

Post#85 » by UcanUwill » Tue Jan 5, 2021 4:50 pm

VooDoo7 wrote:
UcanUwill wrote:So I finally got NBA 2k21... What the hell did they do with the shooting, I miss 98% of all jumpers, its freaking impossible, and I boosted sliders. I get that scoring was too easy, but this is evolution, I cant make any shot, when I post up, I can have foot on the guy and I will end up with some stupid fadeaway or heavily constested hook, that shooting release is impossible, I dont get it, Is it just me being a noob or the fact I am playing as the Knicks?

You using the shot stick? I think there's a meter for aiming the shot this year as well. I think it can be turned off or you can just use the buttons.

I am using buttons, but it seems like you need to time it perfectly to hit a shot, I dont get it.
jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,897

Post#86 » by jschligs » Tue Jan 5, 2021 5:09 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
Read on Twitter

If for some reason you haven't picked it up.

Saw that this morning and picked it up. Was waiting for a Switch deal since it's nearly impossible to play my PC and Playstation lately.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,659

Post#87 » by Ron Swanson » Tue Jan 5, 2021 5:17 pm

NBA 2K's shot meter has been broken for a while now. I hate using the shot stick because it's so inconsistent, so I've always used buttons. Problem is if you primarily use button shooting, they've made it near impossible to get a green (perfect) release on the harder difficulties. Forget about even trying to get a perfect release on fadeaways and off-balance shots after a 5-second uninterruptable animation.
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,669

Post#88 » by MikeIsGood » Wed Jan 6, 2021 2:09 pm

Over the course of about 6-8 tries, I twice successfully beat a boss in Jedi Fallen Order, and promptly crashed before I could save going into the next zone. I can't find anything about it online, so apparently it's not a common issue. I'll try again, but I'm quite dejected. I don't want to start over, and you can't go back to an earlier save (that I'm aware of?).
Sauce Boss
Assistant Coach
And1: 851

Post#89 » by Sauce Boss » Wed Jan 6, 2021 3:45 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:Over the course of about 6-8 tries, I twice successfully beat a boss in Jedi Fallen Order, and promptly crashed before I could save going into the next zone. I can't find anything about it online, so apparently it's not a common issue. I'll try again, but I'm quite dejected. I don't want to start over, and you can't go back to an earlier save (that I'm aware of?).

If it happens a third time, I’d safely say your file is corrupted. It’s probably safe to say that now even, but twice I lean slightly toward coincidence. I remember I lost like five hours off a Half-Life save a long time ago; it’d never a fun time when you get stuck like that.
Stephen Jackson wrote:"I got a video off the French Montana beat that I shot in the condo. The condo was laid, man. I had a gate with a key...Yeah, Milwaukee is a nice place but the team sucked."
Ryan5UW
General Manager
And1: 989

Post#90 » by Ryan5UW » Wed Jan 6, 2021 5:17 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:NBA 2K's shot meter has been broken for a while now. I hate using the shot stick because it's so inconsistent, so I've always used buttons. Problem is if you primarily use button shooting, they've made it near impossible to get a green (perfect) release on the harder difficulties. Forget about even trying to get a perfect release on fadeaways and off-balance shots after a 5-second uninterruptable animation.

I sure miss the days of just pressing a button to shoot or pass. Now you have different 4 button combos depending on if you want to bounce pass with your right hand or left hand, or throw a lob pass, etc.

Hold on... I see a cloud that needs yelling at.
"It's an illusion, Michael. A trick is something a whore does for money."
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#91 » by MikeIsGood » Wed Jan 6, 2021 6:48 pm

Sauce Boss wrote:
MikeIsGood wrote:Over the course of about 6-8 tries, I twice successfully beat a boss in Jedi Fallen Order, and promptly crashed before I could save going into the next zone. I can't find anything about it online, so apparently it's not a common issue. I'll try again, but I'm quite dejected. I don't want to start over, and you can't go back to an earlier save (that I'm aware of?).

If it happens a third time, I’d safely say your file is corrupted. It’s probably safe to say that now even, but twice I lean slightly toward coincidence. I remember I lost like five hours off a Half-Life save a long time ago; it’d never a fun time when you get stuck like that.

Ugh. I'm probably going to take a few days off now; I was really frustrated. I just got Ori/Blind Forest on Steam so will pick that up for a few days and try again later.
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#92 » by WRau1 » Wed Jan 6, 2021 7:16 pm

Put a handful of hours into CyberPunk and thought it was weird that I couldn't change the camera while driving, turns out it's a bug that I can't fix by saving/loading. Going to have to restart because it's super annoying :(
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
Sauce Boss
Assistant Coach
And1: 851

Post#93 » by Sauce Boss » Wed Jan 6, 2021 10:07 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:
Sauce Boss wrote:

Ugh. I'm probably going to take a few days off now; I was really frustrated. I just got Ori/Blind Forest on Steam so will pick that up for a few days and try again later.

That game made me cry. It’s also not easy. Picking that up for a few days likely will be a rollercoaster to completion.
Stephen Jackson wrote:"I got a video off the French Montana beat that I shot in the condo. The condo was laid, man. I had a gate with a key...Yeah, Milwaukee is a nice place but the team sucked."
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#94 » by MikeIsGood » Wed Jan 6, 2021 11:51 pm

Sauce Boss wrote:
MikeIsGood wrote:
Sauce Boss wrote:If it happens a third time, I’d safely say your file is corrupted. It’s probably safe to say that now even, but twice I lean slightly toward coincidence. I remember I lost like five hours off a Half-Life save a long time ago; it’d never a fun time when you get stuck like that.

That game made me cry. It’s also not easy. Picking that up for a few days likely will be a rollercoaster to completion.

Yes I teared up in the opening sequence. Think it took about 3 minutes or so, lol.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,017

Post#95 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Jan 7, 2021 12:21 am

The two Ori games are flawless masterpieces.
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#96 » by WRau1 » Thu Jan 7, 2021 2:02 am

Greedfall is one of the free PS+ games in January, highly recommend.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#97 » by MikeIsGood » Thu Jan 7, 2021 2:35 am

WRau1 wrote:Greedfall is one of the free PS+ games in January, highly recommend.

I probably won't play soon (big new PoE league next week), but I will download/acquire. Everything I've heard on this game, though, is black or white. No one thinks it's okay it seems. You either really like it and think it's underrated, or it's mediocre. One of the biggest gripes I've read is that choice is an illusion, and ultimately all dialogue options lead you to the same place. Thoughts?
crkone
RealGM

Post#98 » by crkone » Thu Jan 7, 2021 3:41 am

Well all the meta guns got nerfed in WZ but the DMR still lasers. Takes 3 headshots instead of 2.

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
Nightfall
Sixth Man
And1: 2,278

Post#99 » by Nightfall » Thu Jan 7, 2021 2:06 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:The two Ori games are flawless masterpieces.

Cant argue there. The first game I played when my Xbox Series X and the new TV arrived. Magic.

I am playing Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice right now, it is also very immersive and well made.
tydett
General Manager
And1: 6,816

Post#100 » by tydett » Thu Jan 7, 2021 2:13 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:The two Ori games are flawless masterpieces.

Both top 10 games of the past 5 years for me.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks