The (un)official Lowry megathread: What is Lowry worth and trade ideas?

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

mademan
RealGM
And1: 28,168

Re: The (un)official Lowry megathread: What is Lowry worth and trade ideas? 

Post#21 » by mademan » Tue Jan 5, 2021 7:28 pm

How about

Lowry to Clips
Bev to Nets
Nets 1st, Zubac, whatever fillers to make the salary work to Raps (think Lou has to leave Clips too and either Prince or Dinwiddie from Nets)
MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 21,052

Post#22 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Tue Jan 5, 2021 7:30 pm

BOS out: Kemba, Robert Williams, 2020 BOS 1st lotto prot
BOS in: Lowry, Lou

LAC out: Bev, Lou, Zubac
LAC in: Kemba, Len

TOR out: Lowry, Len
TOR in: Bev, Zubac, RW, 2020 BOS 1st lotto prot
Yenrallik1111
Sixth Man
And1: 329

Post#23 » by Yenrallik1111 » Tue Jan 5, 2021 7:38 pm

gswhoops wrote:Lowry for Danny Green + expiring filler (Scott, Ferg, Poirier) + 1st seems like the deal to me.

Lowry/Seth/Simmons/Harris/Embiid closing games would be...hooo boy

danny green is getting close to being a salary dump, he has lost a step. if he is the main guy in exchange that is a no thank you.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,086

Post#24 » by jbk1234 » Tue Jan 5, 2021 7:39 pm

HartfordWhalers wrote:I look at Lowry's age and salary and struggle to go past a single 1st rounder. But that is a bias, and an expiring Lowry is worth more than the annual someone pays a 1st for a Trevor Ariza rental.

Still, I don't feel good adding much more than a 1st to Lowry's value. So, I see it as a team with a pick at 18-20 range, as that beats a pick at 25 and a 2nd. But this is a situation where i am happy to be wrong, and a 6 time in a row all star should be worth more than I am saying. I'm just not sold a team gives up 2 1sts, even if the outgoing salary is someone like Prince (2 years and meh on court).

This is kind of where I'm at. I'm going to need more than single season to part with two firsts. Now there's a scenario where a team like the Sixers gets permission to talk to Lowry's agent about an extension, and they agree to number that makes sense for the Sixers given Lowry's age, but I think that figure can't be higher than $15M per over two years. If Lowry is at three years and $20M per, then the Sixers are either risking another Horford situation, or possibly watching him walk at the end of this season. I'm not sure I'm giving up two first round picks for the latter.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
doctor him
Assistant Coach
And1: 421

Post#25 » by doctor him » Tue Jan 5, 2021 7:40 pm

A late first and a decent (not good) prospect.
Yenrallik1111
Sixth Man

Post#26 » by Yenrallik1111 » Tue Jan 5, 2021 7:43 pm

MoneyTalks41890 wrote:BOS out: Kemba, Robert Williams, 2020 BOS 1st lotto prot

should be smart instead of bev (can go to boston) going to Toronto. Boston has to give up an actual asset. they do not get to get off Kemba's deal while grabbing a better fit, defender, shooter, leader, big expiring without a bit of a sacrifice. williams and the protected pick is not that sacrfice
BullyKing
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 14,114

Post#27 » by BullyKing » Tue Jan 5, 2021 7:45 pm

Yenrallik1111 wrote:

should be smart instead of bev (can go to boston) going to Toronto. Boston has to give up an actual asset. they do not get to get off Kemba's deal while grabbing a better fit, defender, shooter, leader, big expiring without a bit of a sacrifice. williams and the protected pick is not that sacrfice

And yet you think Toronto should be the one to receive the sacrifice (Smart) for getting off Kemba even though they're not the ones getting stuck with Kemba. Your expectations on a return for a 34 year old expiring Lowry are just not realistic.
NYSixersFan wrote:
the plan is to get as good as quickly as possible....I fully believe we could have been a borderline playoff team last year by adding young veterans....using or draft picks and cap space.....can I specifically tell you who? no.
mademan
RealGM

Post#28 » by mademan » Tue Jan 5, 2021 7:48 pm

BullyKing wrote:
Yenrallik1111 wrote:

And yet you think Toronto should be the one to receive the sacrifice (Smart) for getting off Kemba even though they're not the ones getting stuck with Kemba. Your expectations on a return for a 34 year old expiring Lowry are just not realistic.

Ya, i think Zubac and a 1st is fair enough. That said, i cant see the Clips picking Kemba over Lowry if they had the choice (which they kinda do here).
BullyKing
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 14,114

Post#29 » by BullyKing » Tue Jan 5, 2021 7:49 pm

mademan wrote:
BullyKing wrote:
Yenrallik1111 wrote:

Ya, i think Zubac and a 1st is fair enough. That said, i cant see the Clips picking Kemba over Lowry if they had the choice (which they kinda do here).

Agreed. Unless there is some unknown bad blood between Lowry and Kawhi about his departure.
NYSixersFan wrote:
the plan is to get as good as quickly as possible....I fully believe we could have been a borderline playoff team last year by adding young veterans....using or draft picks and cap space.....can I specifically tell you who? no.
BlazersBroncos
RealGM
And1: 7,874

Post#30 » by BlazersBroncos » Tue Jan 5, 2021 7:52 pm

Late 1st and a young guy with 'potential'. As another poster said, similar to the Marc Gasol return.

James Johnson, Dwight Powell, Tyler Bey, future protected FRP for Lowry?
Pinkyring
RealGM
And1: 6,327

Post#31 » by Pinkyring » Tue Jan 5, 2021 7:59 pm

For Dallas i do james Johnson and Josh Richardson for Lowry
Yenrallik1111
Sixth Man

Post#32 » by Yenrallik1111 » Tue Jan 5, 2021 8:13 pm

BullyKing wrote:
mademan wrote:
BullyKing wrote:

Agreed. Unless there is some unknown bad blood between Lowry and Kawhi about his departure.

As far as I can see Lowry would be the single most valuable player in the deal, especially to a playoff team like Boston. and of course the clippers too. likely would be a move Kawhi and even Serge would love to see. although, as Toronto gives up Lowry, Smart/zubac seems fair to me, don't need the rest. Kemba fits the age time line with the clippers better. having a team with kawhi, george, serge helping cover up the defensive limitations Kemba could be the PG the clips could use. I am not going to say he is a better fit than Lowry or even desired player.
BlazersBroncos
RealGM

Post#33 » by BlazersBroncos » Tue Jan 5, 2021 8:20 pm

As far as I can see Lowry would be the single most valuable player in the deal, especially to a playoff team like Boston. and of course the clippers too. likely would be a move Kawhi and even Serge would love to see. although, as Toronto gives up Lowry, Smart/zubac seems fair to me, don't need the rest. Kemba fits the age time line with the clippers better. having a team with kawhi, george, serge helping cover up the defensive limitations Kemba could be the PG the clips could use. I am not going to say he is a better fit than Lowry or even desired player.

Boston isn't trading a younger, cheaply locked up, team leader like Smart for an older, expiring Lowry. It just isn't happening.
mademan
RealGM

Post#34 » by mademan » Tue Jan 5, 2021 8:27 pm

Ridiculous stat of the day, Raps are +2.3 with Lowry and -24 per 100 possessions. Raps are a decent team with Lowry and a complete chitbag squad in the 12 or so minutes he sits every game. Dude continues to have ridiculous impact
Yenrallik1111
Sixth Man

Post#35 » by Yenrallik1111 » Tue Jan 5, 2021 8:49 pm

BlazersBroncos wrote:

Boston isn't trading a younger, cheaply locked up, team leader like Smart for an older, expiring Lowry. It just isn't happening.

I kind of get what you are saying but at the same time. comparing Smart to Lowry is short sighted as that is not the entirety of the deal. I am just not seeing Boston getting off Kemba without giving up something. Williams and a protected pick from a contender does not move the needle.
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,701

Post#36 » by Texas Chuck » Tue Jan 5, 2021 9:38 pm

Pinkyring wrote:For Dallas i do james Johnson and Josh Richardson for Lowry

I think that's clearly light, but also if Toronto is dealing Lowry they would almost certainly want future value which means Richardson to a 3rd team.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Jack Dempsey
Pro Prospect
And1: 514

Post#37 » by Jack Dempsey » Tue Jan 5, 2021 9:39 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:

I think that's clearly light, but also if Toronto is dealing Lowry they would almost certainly want future value which means Richardson to a 3rd team.

Unless they get Harden before.
Texas Chuck
And1: 88,701

Post#38 » by Texas Chuck » Tue Jan 5, 2021 9:46 pm

Jack Dempsey wrote:
Texas Chuck wrote:

Unless they get Harden before.

It would be odd to trade for Harden and then turn around and deal Lowry for Richardson though.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
patman66
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,361

Post#39 » by patman66 » Tue Jan 5, 2021 9:50 pm

Why for the celts? PG is not the issue. Even with kemba out, Smart, Teague and the rookie are doing ok. Williams has been by far our best center this year and we can't trade a first for a player that does not solve the issue we have at the front court. With kemba back I think the celts are competitive with the rest of the east. If the trade was for a player even a PG that was of an age to grow with Smart, Brown and Tatum it would be recieved better by me. but for a 35 YO guy, you take away williams and I don't see an improvement in the team, just at PG

If the clips want Kemba cut out the raptors. We downgrade at PG to Beverly and swap Theis instead of Len for Zubac and keep Williams and the 1st. Then try to move Williams for some size
BlazersBroncos
RealGM

Post#40 » by BlazersBroncos » Tue Jan 5, 2021 9:59 pm

I think TOR would be more inclined to chase youth. Something like

James Johnson, Dwight Powell, Josh Green, Tyler Bey, Future Protected FRP for Lowry.

I think Josh + FRP is the only way DAL could get Powell into the deal. On the flip side, maybe expand it and send Powell + FRP to ??? and team X sends a more valuable player to TOR?

Return to Trades and Transactions