ImageImageImage

Random Thoughts XIX

Moderators: KingDavid, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ

QUIZ
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 78,750

Re: Random Thoughts XIX 

Post#1741 » by QUIZ » Mon Dec 28, 2020 8:09 pm

goodboy wrote:Call me a married man

How’d I miss this? Congrats brother, inshallah me too soon 8-)
Don’t let us get one. — Nikola Jovic

Dru Smith very lucky he got that 500k this year. He should invest and manage a subway after all this-MettaWorldPanda
eddieheatfan
RealGM
And1: 24,746

Post#1742 » by eddieheatfan » Sun Jan 3, 2021 7:38 pm

being a fans of the dolphins is like liking being tortured or something
Chalm Down
RealGM
And1: 132,723

Post#1743 » by Chalm Down » Tue Jan 5, 2021 12:13 pm

fell asleep with a heating pad on my legs, do not recommend, i think my shins are melted
Bishop45 wrote:"Let Iggie start the season brehs, was the wors that could happen"
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 239,684

Post#1744 » by IggieCC » Tue Jan 5, 2021 10:47 pm

Chalm Down wrote:fell asleep with a heating pad on my legs, do not recommend, i think my shins are melted

what kinda wrinkly grandma uses a heating pad in freaking San Diego? :x
3rd best winnng%(73.3%) + most wins(11w) = best true winning % OP
Sole Multiple Banner Holder of 2021-2022 SZN. FACTS
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#1745 » by IggieCC » Tue Jan 5, 2021 10:53 pm

Attack on Titans season 4 is super hard to follow.

I watched 4 episodes and saw maybe 5 Titans in total. It's mostly giant eyed freaky looking kids training or beating each other up.

Maybe it's leading up to something good, but so far I'm dozing off through it (maybe that's the problem but the storyline isn't helping). I need to watch a video that explains how this series is connected to the previous seasons. I know it is, but it's not self-explanatory at all
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#1746 » by IggieCC » Tue Jan 5, 2021 10:58 pm

I also watched Bleach, re:Zero, and a few other emo animes over the past months.

Bleach was pretty good. re:Zero was good for a while then it got way too wacky and dark in 2nd season. most recent animes are kinda too complicated and just wack
Chalm Down
RealGM

Post#1747 » by Chalm Down » Wed Jan 6, 2021 1:31 am

IggieCC wrote:Attack on Titans season 4 is super hard to follow.

I watched 4 episodes and saw maybe 5 Titans in total. It's mostly giant eyed freaky looking kids training or beating each other up.

Maybe it's leading up to something good, but so far I'm dozing off through it (maybe that's the problem but the storyline isn't helping). I need to watch a video that explains how this series is connected to the previous seasons. I know it is, but it's not self-explanatory at all

I'm caught up with the manga, hold onto the rope with the anime. I haven't watched it yet, but there should be a crucial turning point coming up soon

they are putting a lot of material into season 4, so it would not surprise me if some expository scenes are cut unfortunately
Bishop45 wrote:"Let Iggie start the season brehs, was the wors that could happen"
Chalm Down
RealGM

Post#1748 » by Chalm Down » Wed Jan 6, 2021 1:32 am

IggieCC wrote:
Chalm Down wrote:fell asleep with a heating pad on my legs, do not recommend, i think my shins are melted

anything below 55F is basically subzero temps for me
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#1749 » by IggieCC » Wed Jan 6, 2021 1:41 am

Chalm Down wrote:

I'm caught up with the manga, hold onto the rope with the anime. I haven't watched it yet, but there should be a crucial turning point coming up soon

they are putting a lot of material into season 4, so it would not surprise me if some expository scenes are cut unfortunately

what are they doing and for whom? is the basically what i am trying to understand.

is season 4 predates all of the previous seasons? just a history lesson? that's what it sounds like so far and I'm like :uhoh:
Chalm Down
RealGM

Post#1750 » by Chalm Down » Wed Jan 6, 2021 1:44 am

IggieCC wrote:
Chalm Down wrote:

what are they doing and for whom? is the basically what i am trying to understand.

is season 4 predates all of the previous seasons? just a history lesson? that's what it sounds like so far and I'm like :uhoh:

who are you referring to? reiner?

no, season 4 starts after a time skip from the end of season 3. a couple of years later
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#1751 » by IggieCC » Wed Jan 6, 2021 1:48 am

Chalm Down wrote:
IggieCC wrote:

my upper removable retainer broke in half two days ago by just touching it (as if I had a superpower). emailed the orthodontist office which I haven't been since 2015 about it on Monday and crickets. what would you do? call other places? I'd be basically a new patient either way? I feel like they will care of you for a couple of years, then you're on your own
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#1752 » by IggieCC » Wed Jan 6, 2021 1:51 am

Chalm Down wrote:
IggieCC wrote:
Chalm Down wrote:

no, season 4 starts after a time skip from the end of season 3. a couple of years later

those kids with big eyes. i can't be bothered to remember all the names. they all have big eyes in relation to their faces and appeared looks. I think I recognize that tall Titan and hard-ass Titan's characters.. you know the spies.

I don't even know who Reiner anymore. that's main character with wack dad?

time skip eh. that's wack. i hate that chit. did i tell you that i broke my Retainer?
Chalm Down
RealGM

Post#1753 » by Chalm Down » Wed Jan 6, 2021 1:53 am

IggieCC wrote:
Chalm Down wrote:
IggieCC wrote:what kinda wrinkly grandma uses a heating pad in freaking San Diego? :x

my upper removable retainer broke in half two days ago by just touching it (as if I had a superpower). emailed the orthodontist office which I haven't been since 2015 about it on Monday and crickets. what would you do? call other places? I'd be basically a new patient either way? I feel like they will care of you for a couple of years, then you're on your own

that's strange, can you call them? idk if you live in japan or okc, but a lot of businesses are slow about responding to email. Or they may be closed due to covid.

Or just show up at their office and see what's going on

Chalm Down
RealGM

Post#1754 » by Chalm Down » Wed Jan 6, 2021 1:59 am

IggieCC wrote:
Chalm Down wrote:
IggieCC wrote:what are they doing and for whom? is the basically what i am trying to understand.

those kids with big eyes. i can't be bothered to remember all the names. they all have big eyes in relation to their faces and appeared looks. I think I recognize that tall Titan and hard-ass Titan's characters.. you know the spies.

time skip eh. that's wack. i hate that chit. did i tell you that i broke my Retainer?

Reiner is
Spoiler:
the armored (hardass?) titan. big blonde guy. they all have daddy issues, but he also has mommy issues.

the kids are the ones who are supposed to take over the titan shifter powers, because you can only have the power for 13 years before you're cursed and die. Reiner kind of takes care of them like a big bro. and he actually is the older cousin of Gabi (girl with brown ponytail)

Time skip was disorienting at first, but things will come together soon, I think. You should know your own strength, stop hulking out on your dental equipment
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#1755 » by IggieCC » Wed Jan 6, 2021 2:22 am

Chalm Down wrote:
IggieCC wrote:
Chalm Down wrote:

Reiner is
Spoiler:
the armored (hardass?) titan. big blonde guy. they all have daddy issues, but he also has mommy issues.

the kids are the ones who are supposed to take over the titan shifter powers, because you can only have the power for 13 years before you're cursed and die. Reiner kind of takes care of them like a big bro. and he actually is the older cousin of Gabi (girl with brown ponytail)

Time skip was disorienting at first, but things will come together soon, I think. You should know your own strength, stop hulking out on your dental equipment

Oh ok it's all coming together now tenks. Anime season 4 first 4 episodes is insanely slow. I'm pretty sure I didn't see a single titan or attack on episode 2 or 3, and 4 too.

Spoiler:
in the last moment of episode 4 I think I recognize that the main main character Eren(?) and he's older and very lifeless. it all makes sense
Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,191

Post#1756 » by Bishop45 » Wed Jan 6, 2021 5:11 am

I didn't believe Chalms, still kinda shocked. If we get 2k stimmy's, I'll cover goodboys rent while he's on his honeymoon
Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#1757 » by IggieCC » Wed Jan 6, 2021 7:02 am

Bishop45 wrote:I didn't believe Chalms, still kinda shocked. If we get 2k stimmy's, I'll cover goodboys rent while he's on his honeymoon

I thought we're only getting $600 for now bish? I'm fine with more stimulus, I wish there were great ways to get em to people who really need the money. 2k check on top of $600 would be wild, but are we just printing money now? aren't we paying for it eventually one way or another? and people who really need help probably can't be helped with a couple of checks. lots of problems
Chalm Down
RealGM

Post#1758 » by Chalm Down » Wed Jan 6, 2021 7:30 am

Bishop45 wrote:I didn't believe Chalms, still kinda shocked. If we get 2k stimmy's, I'll cover goodboys rent while he's on his honeymoon

heh I'm surprised too, dont worry I already sent him a check for 2.50
Chalm Down
RealGM

Post#1759 » by Chalm Down » Wed Jan 6, 2021 7:41 am

IggieCC wrote:

I thought we're only getting $600 for now bish? I'm fine with more stimulus, I wish there were great ways to get em to people who really need the money. 2k check on top of $600 would be wild, but are we just printing money now? aren't we paying for it eventually one way or another? and people who really need help probably can't be helped with a couple of checks. lots of problems

In theory, stimulus should help businesses by getting people spending money again, but yes there is a certain segment of the population that is like thousands of dollars behind in rent from not working (mostly service/entertainment industry, I think). Also I don't know how much small businesses get helped out if people just spend their money at Amazon or other big box stores.

But if you're an essential worker or working from home, finances are probably the same or even better. But I don't know if it's a good idea to means test this kind of thing, and anyways essential workers deserve the extra money for putting up with safety risks everyday.
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#1760 » by IggieCC » Wed Jan 6, 2021 7:42 am

Chalm Down wrote:

heh I'm surprised too, dont worry I already sent him a check for 2.50

i'm going to use that money for Crunchyroll subscription. maybe AoT will be less painful if I don't have to sit through 5 mins of Crunchyroll show ads per episode which can drive me crazy.

Return to Miami Heat