ImageImageImageImageImage

Nets 2021 Trade Speculation/Ideas thread

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

drchaos
Rookie
And1: 409

Re: Nets 2021 Trade Speculation/Ideas thread 

Post#41 » by drchaos » Wed Jan 6, 2021 4:11 pm

TheBrooklynKidd wrote:If I may overreact to the win against Utah, it seems like the Nets recipe for success is:

1. Surround KD and Kyrie with impact defenders in the starting lineup (Brown, Allen and TBD).
2. Have a bench that is explosive offensively with Levert, Harris and a second ball handler (Dinwiddie/TJ/Chiozza).

The Nets should be looking to add an elite defender in the starting lineup to play one of the forward positions next to KD.

Who are the best defensive forwards that may become available this year?

I think we saw last night and in the bubble that LeVert is much more effective on the floor when paired with Harris.

He needs Harris more then KD and Kyrie ever will.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#42 » by Prokorov » Wed Jan 6, 2021 5:08 pm

drchaos wrote:
TheBrooklynKidd wrote:If I may overreact to the win against Utah, it seems like the Nets recipe for success is:

1. Surround KD and Kyrie with impact defenders in the starting lineup (Brown, Allen and TBD).
2. Have a bench that is explosive offensively with Levert, Harris and a second ball handler (Dinwiddie/TJ/Chiozza).

The Nets should be looking to add an elite defender in the starting lineup to play one of the forward positions next to KD.

I think we saw last night and in the bubble that LeVert is much more effective on the floor when paired with Harris.

Norm Powell is the guy we should target. Outstanding defender, good range shooter, can handle the ball a bit, elite finisher. excellent athlelete, championship experience

and the raps are awful and he will need a payday soon.

Prince or Dinwiddie's expiring + claxton + 2021 should get it done.

Kyrie | Powell | Harris| KD | Allen

Levert | Shamet | TLC or Brown | Green | DJ
ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,427

Post#43 » by ecuhus1981 » Wed Jan 6, 2021 8:46 pm

Norman Powell is a hot-and-cold player and a guard, two things we don't need more of this season.
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
TheBrooklynKidd
Head Coach
And1: 3,579

Post#44 » by TheBrooklynKidd » Wed Jan 6, 2021 9:37 pm

Prokorov wrote:
drchaos wrote:

Norm Powell is the guy we should target. Outstanding defender, good range shooter, can handle the ball a bit, elite finisher. excellent athlelete, championship experience

and the raps are awful and he will need a payday soon.

Prince or Dinwiddie's expiring + claxton + 2021 should get it done.

Kyrie | Powell | Harris| KD | Allen

Levert | Shamet | TLC or Brown | Green | DJ

You mean the Norman Powell who’s averaging 8ppg on 30% from the field?

He does absolutely nothing for this team and certainly isn’t worth a 1st round pick or even an injured Dinwiddie.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 12,878

Post#45 » by Hello Brooklyn » Wed Jan 6, 2021 10:29 pm

Lol I have no interest in Powell either.

The only player I would look to add is a tough wing defender. I would be open to signing RHJ or Roberson.
ecuhus1981
RealGM

Post#46 » by ecuhus1981 » Thu Jan 7, 2021 2:10 am

Hello Brooklyn wrote:Lol I have no interest in Powell either.

The only player I would look to add is a tough wing defender. I would be open to signing RHJ or Roberson.

THIS IS WHAT I'M SAYING!

If we trade Jordan and Prince for Horford, it opens up a roster spot for a defensive wing like Rondae. I feel like those additions would really add some needed tenacity and connectivity.
-- Steve Martin
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM

Post#47 » by Hello Brooklyn » Thu Jan 7, 2021 2:27 am

Horford is washed bro. I don't want him either.

Just sign RHJ or Roberson. We can always cut somebody like Chiozza.
DarkXaero
RealGM
And1: 5,572

Post#48 » by DarkXaero » Thu Jan 7, 2021 3:57 am

Weird time to be hyping up Norman Powell whose struggles (and inability to step up) are part of the reason why Raps are off to such a poor start this season.
ecuhus1981
RealGM

Post#49 » by ecuhus1981 » Thu Jan 7, 2021 3:59 am

Hello Brooklyn wrote:Horford is washed bro. I don't want him either.

He's old, but Horford is definitely not washed at the moment. Riddle me this: do you think he would contribute more positively to our team than Taurean and DeAndre?

Also, keep in mind that you can't play Jarrett and DJ together. You can run KD, Horford and Allen together I think, which gives us added versatility.

Finally, Chiozza is a 2-way player and RHJ is not eligible to sign one of those anymore, so cutting Chris wouldn't allow us to sign Rondae. The only standard contract not fully guaranteed on our team is TLC, and I don't think you want to sacrifice him. Trust me, we need a 2-for-1 deal, or someone to absorb a contract into a TPE, for us to add Jefferson.
-- Steve Martin
DarkXaero
RealGM

Post#50 » by DarkXaero » Sat Jan 9, 2021 7:43 pm

Beal's situation is worth keeping an eye on. Wizards keep losing games, and Beal is growing very frustrated (with his wife blatantly implying that she wants him to leave DC asap). John Collins is another interesting name as Hawks didn't re-sign him before deadline, he's unhappy with Trae, and Hawks roster is deep enough that they can live without him when fully healthy.
drchaos
Rookie

Post#51 » by drchaos » Sat Jan 9, 2021 8:05 pm

ecuhus1981 wrote:

He's old, but Horford is definitely not washed at the moment. Riddle me this: do you think he would contribute more positively to our team than Taurean and DeAndre?

Also, keep in mind that you can't play Jarrett and DJ together. You can run KD, Horford and Allen together I think, which gives us added versatility.

Finally, Chiozza is a 2-way player and RHJ is not eligible to sign one of those anymore, so cutting Chris wouldn't allow us to sign Rondae. The only standard contract not fully guaranteed on our team is TLC, and I don't think you want to sacrifice him. Trust me, we need a 2-for-1 deal, or someone to absorb a contract into a TPE, for us to add Jefferson.

No for me on Horford.

He is not what he once was and his contract is terrible.

We got some quality minutes out of DJ last year.

What are the chances he scrapes of the rust and becomes that guy again?

Does he turn things up a notch in the playoffs?
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM

Post#52 » by Hello Brooklyn » Sat Jan 9, 2021 8:24 pm

drchaos wrote:
ecuhus1981 wrote:

No for me on Horford.

He is not what he once was and his contract is terrible.

We got some quality minutes out of DJ last year.

What are the chances he scrapes of the rust and becomes that guy again?

Does he turn things up a notch in the playoffs?

His contract is terrible and we still need to find a way to pay Allen.

I would rather just play KD at the 4 anyway.

The biggest need to me for this time is still defensive wing players.
DarkXaero
RealGM

Post#53 » by DarkXaero » Sat Jan 9, 2021 11:20 pm

Horford would be worth considering if we could trade DJ + Prince for him, but I don't think that's an option.
Claud
Sixth Man
And1: 872

Post#54 » by Claud » Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:27 am

We should try to sign another guy that can handle the rock and playmake to replace Dinwiddie.

Chiozza isn't NBA level and Ky/KD will be missing a lot of games it seems.

Maybe give a shot to IT or bring back Shabazz? Shabazz def got more games than Cheese.
drchaos
Rookie

Post#55 » by drchaos » Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:09 pm

Claud wrote:We should try to sign another guy that can handle the rock and playmake to replace Dinwiddie.

Maybe give a shot to IT or bring back Shabazz? Shabazz def got more games than Cheese.

I like Shabazz, wouldn't mind giving him another shot.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM

Post#56 » by Hello Brooklyn » Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:17 pm

Claud wrote:We should try to sign another guy that can handle the rock and playmake to replace Dinwiddie.

I actually like IT as a 15 minute per guy.

He actually looked pretty good last year on the Wizards. Wouldn't have to do much except handle the ball and make plays.
DarkXaero
RealGM

Post#57 » by DarkXaero » Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:10 pm

I was pretty adamant that we needed to make significant moves before this season started, and unfortunately, what I've seen in our 11 games so far only reinforces that thinking. I think we need to target multiple players to make a move for by deadline. Fortunately, I do think there will be a pretty active trade market (unless season is derailed by covid). The three names that come to mind right now:

1) Zach Lavine
2) Larry Nance Jr.
3) George Hill

I think we should try to get all 3 players, and I do believe that we have the assets to get those players if we're willing. Lavine is the hardest one to get out of the 3 but there's reason to believe why he could be available. Assuming that Bulls continue on a lotto trajectory, Lavine will continue to grow frustrated over there. Bulls FO has a big decision to make soon: whether to re-sign him on a max or sell high. He has one more year left on his deal after this season, and there's a strong argument for Bulls to sell high on him. Looking at the Bulls fans, majority of them seem to think that they should sell high on him, and undergo a proper rebuild as they're going nowhere with this current roster. I've been over the reasons before why I think Lavine is a really good fit for us. He's an excellent off ball shooter, who continues to be an efficient scorer, and is a great fit as 3rd option. He has improved defensively, and I don't think he would be any worse on that end than what we have now.

Larry Nance Jr is another great fit for us as a 4/5 who would improve our defense, rebounding, energy level, and help us get DJ out of the rotation. He can play as a small ball/stretch 5, and he's also capable of starting next to Allen as he can stretch the floor. I don't think that getting him would be easy as Cavs have been playing him more minutes than ever before, due to Love's injury (which is a frequent occurrence). But Cavs are ultimately a lotto team and I don't think it makes much sense for them to keep Nance, if they're committed to rebuilding.

Lastly, George Hill should be the easiest one to get out of the three, as I think that OKC will 100% look to trade him to a contender by deadline. Hill is a great vet for a contender, who fits perfectly as a backup PG on this team. I wouldn't give up too much for him, but I think he can be had for a reasonable price.

It is still relatively early in the season, and we can definitely turn things around with what we have, but I've seen enough to have major doubts about how far we can go in post-season. I think adding pieces like this would go a long way in fixing our existing issues and fortunately, I do believe that we still have the assets to make these trades (I know some here will strongly disagree on that).
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM

Post#58 » by Hello Brooklyn » Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:13 pm

George Hill would fix a lot of our problems and it seems logical that we could get him for a first rounder.

But that basically takes all PT away from Shamet. We would basically just be admitting defeat on that move.
haosmoove
Junior
And1: 221

Post#59 » by haosmoove » Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:43 pm

DarkXaero wrote:I was pretty adamant that we needed to make significant moves before this season started, and unfortunately, what I've seen in our 11 games so far only reinforces that thinking. I think we need to target multiple players to make a move for by deadline. Fortunately, I do think there will be a pretty active trade market (unless season is derailed by covid). The three names that come to mind right now:

1) Zach Lavine
2) Larry Nance Jr.
3) George Hill

I think we should try to get all 3 players, and I do believe that we have the assets to get those players if we're willing. Lavine is the hardest one to get out of the 3 but there's reason to believe why he could be available. Assuming that Bulls continue on a lotto trajectory, Lavine will continue to grow frustrated over there. Bulls FO has a big decision to make soon: whether to re-sign him on a max or sell high. He has one more year left on his deal after this season, and there's a strong argument for Bulls to sell high on him. Looking at the Bulls fans, majority of them seem to think that they should sell high on him, and undergo a proper rebuild as they're going nowhere with this current roster. I've been over the reasons before why I think Lavine is a really good fit for us. He's an excellent off ball shooter, who continues to be an efficient scorer, and is a great fit as 3rd option. He has improved defensively, and I don't think he would be any worse on that end than what we have now.

Larry Nance Jr is another great fit for us as a 4/5 who would improve our defense, rebounding, energy level, and help us get DJ out of the rotation. He can play as a small ball/stretch 5, and he's also capable of starting next to Allen as he can stretch the floor. I don't think that getting him would be easy as Cavs have been playing him more minutes than ever before, due to Love's injury (which is a frequent occurrence). But Cavs are ultimately a lotto team and I don't think it makes much sense for them to keep Nance, if they're committed to rebuilding.

Lastly, George Hill should be the easiest one to get out of the three, as I think that OKC will 100% look to trade him to a contender by deadline. Hill is a great vet for a contender, who fits perfectly as a backup PG on this team. I wouldn't give up too much for him, but I think he can be had for a reasonable price.

It is still relatively early in the season, and we can definitely turn things around with what we have, but I've seen enough to have major doubts about how far we can go in post-season. I think adding pieces like this would go a long way in fixing our existing issues and fortunately, I do believe that we still have the assets to make these trades (I know some here will strongly disagree on that).

Lavine is logical target, although he won't fix our defensive woes. I am meh on the other 2, they add more depth for us but I think that's not our main problem.
haosmoove
Junior
And1: 221

Post#60 » by haosmoove » Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:43 pm

Time to revisit Aaron Gordon or Otto Porter?

Return to Brooklyn Nets