ImageImageImageImageImage

Trade Thread (EPISODE VI: Can't we just put EVERYTHING in the TE?)

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,656

Re: Trade Thread (EPISODE VI: Can't we just put EVERYTHING in the TE?) 

Post#401 » by Coxy » Wed Jan 6, 2021 12:59 am

Before I take this one to the T&T board, thought I'd get the thoughts from our board 1st. The idea is off the back of the report that the Nuggets are getting no interest in trading Gary Harris.

Read on Twitter

Nuggets trade - Will Barton, Gary Harris
Nuggets receive - Andrew Wiggins, Jordan Poole, Michael Mulder, 2 x 2nd round picks

Warriors trade - Andrew Wiggins, Jordan Poole, Michael Mulder, 2 x 2nd round picks
Warriors recieve - Will Barton, Gary Harris

Why for Nuggets?
There is apparently no market for Gary Harris right now, as he is having a subpar season. He is owed $19 for 2 seasons. Barton has also reportedly stated that he has no desire to be a bench player, and he will remain that when Porter Jnr returns. He is paid 13 mill for 3 years. The Nuggets take on Wiggins, 2 younger guys that can replace Barton and Harris and some picks.

Why for Warriors?
Bring in 2 guys with experience, that can play a role for GS. The contracts are more manageable for GS, and they can try to recoup some value for Harris in particular. Barton can start at the 2 guard spot, with Harris providing experience off the bench. Both players are locked into their money for now, and can help from an experience point of view.

Thoughts?
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#402 » by Mylie10 » Wed Jan 6, 2021 1:01 am

Pass
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Coxy
RealGM

Post#403 » by Coxy » Wed Jan 6, 2021 1:07 am

Mylie10 wrote:Pass

More info needed.
killmongrel
Veteran
And1: 1,291

Post#404 » by killmongrel » Wed Jan 6, 2021 1:18 am

Is this assuming we're going forward with Oubre as our small forward?
Coxy
RealGM

Post#405 » by Coxy » Wed Jan 6, 2021 1:23 am

killmongrel wrote:Is this assuming we're going forward with Oubre as our small forward?

Possibly, however with Klay coming back next season, we would have Barton and Harris to fill the spot as well. I also expect to be drafting high in the 2021 draft, so there are guys like Jalen Green, Scottie Barnes, Kuminga, etc to also factor in.
killmongrel
Veteran
And1: 1,291

Post#406 » by killmongrel » Wed Jan 6, 2021 1:29 am

Coxy wrote:
killmongrel wrote:Is this assuming we're going forward with Oubre as our small forward?

Possibly, however with Klay coming back next season, we would have Barton and Harris to fill the spot as well. I also expect to be drafting high in the 2021 draft, so there are guys like Jalen Green, Scottie Barnes, Kuminga, etc to also factor in.

Yeah, the more I look at this, the more I don't want it. I'd rather have Wiggins as our small forward than Barton. And he's already made it known that he doesn't want to come off the bench so that'll be an issue if we still have Oubre. Gary Harris has been bad so far. I also don't think that this will be enough for Denver regardless. Just a no from me to be honest.
Coxy
RealGM

Post#407 » by Coxy » Wed Jan 6, 2021 1:32 am

killmongrel wrote:
Coxy wrote:

Yeah, the more I look at this, the more I don't want it. I'd rather have Wiggins as our small forward than Barton. And he's already made it known that he doesn't want to come off the bench so that'll be an issue if we still have Oubre. Gary Harris has been bad so far. I also don't think that this will be enough for Denver regardless. Just a no from me to be honest.

Fair enough.
Quazza
Head Coach
And1: 1,727

Post#408 » by Quazza » Wed Jan 6, 2021 3:41 am

Harris has been awful for a couple seasons now

(I think he's shooting the 3 at around 12% this season too)
KevinMcreynolds wrote:BIG DICK BOB DOIN WORK

KGdaBom wrote:You can go back and read every post I made. Never said one bad thing about one person until Coxy came up with his Vagiclean comment
DAWill1128
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,691

Post#409 » by DAWill1128 » Wed Jan 6, 2021 4:11 am

Coxy wrote:Before I take this one to the T&T board, thought I'd get the thoughts from our board 1st. The idea is off the back of the report that the Nuggets are getting no interest in trading Gary Harris.

Read on Twitter

Nuggets receive - Andrew Wiggins, Jordan Poole, Michael Mulder, 2 x 2nd round picks

Warriors trade - Andrew Wiggins, Jordan Poole, Michael Mulder, 2 x 2nd round picks

Why for Nuggets?
There is apparently no market for Gary Harris right now, as he is having a subpar season. He is owed $19 for 2 seasons. Barton has also reportedly stated that he has no desire to be a bench player, and he will remain that when Porter Jnr returns. He is paid 13 mill for 3 years. The Nuggets take on Wiggins, 2 younger guys that can replace Barton and Harris and some picks.

Why for Warriors?
Bring in 2 guys with experience, that can play a role for GS. The contracts are more manageable for GS, and they can try to recoup some value for Harris in particular. Barton can start at the 2 guard spot, with Harris providing experience off the bench. Both players are locked into their money for now, and can help from an experience point of view.

Thoughts?

No, and I can’t believe how many Nuggets posters were touting Harris as better than Klay a few years back. Harris in terms of what he can provide by comparison to Wiggins is smaller, worse on defense, and worse at scoring. Barton is a disgruntled backup. If we’re upgrading Oubre or Barton to #2 option we totally suck IMO.

The Nuggets were good last year, but letting Grant go imo was a mistake since he was the 3rd best player and taking the tough defensive assignment every night. I am not bought into a unit with Jokic, Murray, and Barton/Porter Jr in it being very good on defense. Millsap is older, he can’t get past anyone. Harris is an undersized shooting guard without a lot of punch. I think they might have fumbled being team of the future out West in the short term.
donkeylips
Veteran
And1: 1,305

Post#410 » by donkeylips » Wed Jan 6, 2021 4:07 pm

Coxy wrote:Before I take this one to the T&T board, thought I'd get the thoughts from our board 1st. The idea is off the back of the report that the Nuggets are getting no interest in trading Gary Harris.

Why for Nuggets?

Why for Warriors?

Thoughts?

id do it for the warriors, but the nuggets would ask for more.
I can hawk a loogie eight feet in the air and catch it with my tongue.
ahmetmekin
Pro Prospect
And1: 476

Post#411 » by ahmetmekin » Wed Jan 6, 2021 6:28 pm

I'd do that trade (if Denver does not want any first round picks) because the contracts of Harris and Barton are shorter and thus they can be moved easier as a trade package. We have to make a move to complement Curry, Dray, Klay, Wiseman next year in any case. Besides, probably this move does not hurt this year's team.
Commodor
Analyst
And1: 957

Post#412 » by Commodor » Wed Jan 6, 2021 7:29 pm

Hot rumor today is Lillard has been campaigning to acquire Draymond if GSW decides to make him available.

I cannot see us actually putting him on the market and am certainly not advocating moving him, but if we did entertain an offer what would it look like?

If we had to acquire players from Portland I'd guess Zach Collins would be the starting point. Maybe target Trent Jr? Covington?
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#413 » by Mylie10 » Wed Jan 6, 2021 9:00 pm

Commodor wrote:Hot rumor today is Lillard has been campaigning to acquire Draymond if GSW decides to make him available.

I cannot see us actually putting him on the market and am certainly not advocating moving him, but if we did entertain an offer what would it look like?

If we had to acquire players from Portland I'd guess Zach Collins would be the starting point. Maybe target Trent Jr? Covington?

Supposedly behind the scene they’ve coveted Draymond for a long time. And I have no doubt the Lakers would be calling heavy for him if he were available.

I think this current Draymond the mentor for young players is going to again rise his stock to many teams seeing him as an important piece.

But there’s no way the Warriors even entertain this stuff based on what they’re trying to accomplish with Wiseman
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
DAWill1128
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,691

Post#414 » by DAWill1128 » Wed Jan 6, 2021 9:11 pm

Draymond is a perfect fit, he can cover up some of Wisemans mistakes on defense and feed him the ball.

The Warriors offense also requires having a secondary ball handler playmaker, just because the point guard automatically moves off ball in the motion offense.
Coxy
RealGM

Post#415 » by Coxy » Wed Jan 6, 2021 11:08 pm

What do you lesbians think of Zach Lavine?

I'm a huge fan, would love to trade for him.
Ilovethebay
Senior
And1: 166

Post#416 » by Ilovethebay » Wed Jan 6, 2021 11:12 pm

I'm a fan as well. What would you give up?
Coxy
RealGM

Post#417 » by Coxy » Thu Jan 7, 2021 12:01 am

Ilovethebay wrote:I'm a fan as well. What would you give up?

It has to involve Wiggins, which makes it really hard. The best I could come up with would be Wiggins/Paschall/Poole/GSW 1st 2021/2 x 2nds for Lavine/Salary fill.

The Bulls would be crazy to do it, but I'd like to see what the response would be from the Bulls FO.
Dubnation2020
Ballboy
And1: 5

Post#418 » by Dubnation2020 » Thu Jan 7, 2021 12:08 am

Wiggins and Poole for Lavine and a filler... not sure the Bulls would do that... but I think the Warriors would. Lavine is a better #2 scorer and I think with Klay back next year, would fit well with basically a three backcourt lineup or Thompson at the 3.
Coxy
RealGM

Post#419 » by Coxy » Thu Jan 7, 2021 1:00 am

Dubnation2020 wrote:

Wiggins and Poole for Lavine and a filler... not sure the Bulls would do that... but I think the Warriors would. Lavine is a better #2 scorer and I think with Klay back next year, would fit well with basically a three backcourt lineup or Thompson at the 3.

That's the idea yes, but the Bulls wouldn't take on the extra salary and year of Wiggins for anything short of a nice asset, which is not Poole, that's for sure.
Ilovethebay
Senior
And1: 166

Post#420 » by Ilovethebay » Thu Jan 7, 2021 1:08 am

Coxy wrote:

It has to involve Wiggins, which makes it really hard. The best I could come up with would be Wiggins/Paschall/Poole/GSW 1st 2021/2 x 2nds for Lavine/Salary fill.

The Bulls would be crazy to do it, but I'd like to see what the response would be from the Bulls FO.

Yeah, I think they would at the very least want a pick swap with the Minnesota pick. I’d still be game knowing how bad Chicago is. But that’s just me.

Return to Golden State Warriors