Post#1 » by ducler » Tue Jan 5, 2021 8:39 pm

Read on Twitter
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
And1: 6,513

Re: Game 7 : Denver Nuggets (2-4) vs Minnesota Timberwolves (2-4) - 9:00 PM 

Post#2 » by THE J0KER » Tue Jan 5, 2021 11:16 pm

I hoping Nuggets this time will not wait until the final quarter to execute the opponent which playing without the best player. Jokic in triple-double mode and Murray in a bubble-mode should be enough alone for such a weakened opponent. My biggest focus at the start of the season is Porter, will he establish himself fast as a league TOP50 player, and will Malone stop limiting him with playing time in Barton's favor. But Porter is out tonight so my focus is on team defense, Harris offense, and especially on JaMychal Green. He has the potential to be in 2021 what was Jeramy Grant in 2020! Also, the PJ Dozier case becoming very interesting as SF backup (but not as PF).

I'm not delusional about Malone giving chances to our rookies and sophomores to play today, but this game maybe turns into a blowout if we start it like we finished the previous.
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,253

Post#3 » by skywalker33 » Wed Jan 6, 2021 3:19 am

Bench needs some work but I do like what I see from JaMychel again. We should not be losing at halftime, losing a 15-pt lead.
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets

Post#4 » by THE J0KER » Wed Jan 6, 2021 3:33 am

This is ridiculous, Minnesota leading at halftime after Denver 18+ lead in 2nd quarter. But we will win the Wolves 10th time in the row, of course.

Why is Green playing time limited under 10 minutes (1st half) in a game where Porter (and Hartenstein and Bol) not playing??

Why Malone benching Jokic again after 2nd foul in 1st or 3rd foul in 2nd??
skywalker33

Post#5 » by skywalker33 » Wed Jan 6, 2021 3:57 am

Juancho having a NICE game, too bad he never showed that here :roll:

THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets

Post#6 » by THE J0KER » Wed Jan 6, 2021 4:57 am

Copycat of previous game vs the same opponent with Nuggets playing "seriously" only a final quarter. But without KAT we can play with fire.

Barton was good tonight (for his 2021 standards), but still, I don't see the reason Barton playing 35 minutes while Green just 20.
skywalker33

Post#7 » by skywalker33 » Wed Jan 6, 2021 4:58 am

Jokic took over this one, sure some of you are pleased for him, let the Murray-ripping begin :nonono:

Mickey8
Head Coach
And1: 5,168

Post#8 » by Mickey8 » Wed Jan 6, 2021 5:24 am

Green seems to be a good addition at least when Porter returns there will be some depth on this team, Barton and Harris are horrible , Denver needs help at wing positions, both scoring and defending.
Manolito
Senior
And1: 391

Post#9 » by Manolito » Wed Jan 6, 2021 9:03 am

I have not seen any single sign of improvement tonight. Timberwoñves are simply too weak. Let's see on Thursday and who is guarding Luka.

I still can't understand the 4 guard lineup. Green is looking good so far mainly in offense (that 3% is not sustainable). He should get most of his PT as PF

Sent from my GM1913 using RealGM mobile app
Maf
Starter
And1: 868

Post#10 » by Maf » Wed Jan 6, 2021 11:51 am

If you can't accept Barton was our second best player tonight, playing really great defense I can't take you serious anymore.
"I never played a game sober, unfortunately" - Keon Clark

"I've never drunk alcohol socially. I've never took cocain socially. I've never smoked anything socially. I did all of this... to got **** up!" - Ozzy Osbourne
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Post#11 » by The Rebel » Wed Jan 6, 2021 1:36 pm

Maf wrote:If you can't accept Barton was our second best player tonight, playing really great defense I can't take you serious anymore.

Now if he would decide to do that every night.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Post#12 » by The Rebel » Wed Jan 6, 2021 1:49 pm

Looks like Vanderbilt is finally figuring things out, while he could do very little he at least irritated Jokic and Green with his defense. We all know he was a throw in last year, and due to his lack of jumpshot would not be playing here still, but we could really use his defense and rebounding even playing him some minutes at backup SF.

That was the best Juancho has looked since his rookie year, playing against Millsap and either Dozier or Barton at PF seems to have that affect on PFs. Why are we not playing Hartenstein and Green together? Not having any size with the bench has already cost us games, when is Malone going to learn?

It is funny reading game threads on other sites and even for other teams after our games, it seems like every team just magically falls apart in the 4th quarter. Nobody ever gives credit to our defense, but yet it happens consistently.

For Murray supposedly improving on defense this is the 2nd game in a row that the guy he was guarding went off. They had him on Beasley in the 1st game for 3 quarters when Beasley did all his scoring, and last night on Russell until the 4th when Malone put Campazzo on him.
Richard Miller
Veteran
And1: 2,883

Post#13 » by Richard Miller » Wed Jan 6, 2021 2:24 pm

The Rebel wrote:That was the best Juancho has looked since his rookie year, playing against Millsap and either Dozier or Barton at PF seems to have that affect on PFs. Why are we not playing Hartenstein and Green together? Not having any size with the bench has already cost us games, when is Malone going to learn?

Don't think that was something where Hart would've made the difference, Juancho scored like two or three consecutive threes from way deep and D'Lo scored one, coupled with almost back to back technical fouls and the lead went from like 15-something to a close game, until that moment the Nuggets were fully in control.
Mickey8
Head Coach

Post#14 » by Mickey8 » Wed Jan 6, 2021 2:56 pm

The Rebel wrote:Looks like Vanderbilt is finally figuring things out, while he could do very little he at least irritated Jokic and Green with his defense. We all know he was a throw in last year, and due to his lack of jumpshot would not be playing here still, but we could really use his defense and rebounding even playing him some minutes at backup SF.

That was the best Juancho has looked since his rookie year,
playing against Millsap and either Dozier or Barton at PF seems to have that affect on PFs. Why are we not playing Hartenstein and Green together? Not having any size with the bench has already cost us games, when is Malone going to learn?

It is funny reading game threads on other sites and even for other teams after our games, it seems like every team just magically falls apart in the 4th quarter. Nobody ever gives credit to our defense, but yet it happens consistently.

For Murray supposedly improving on defense this is the 2nd game in a row that the guy he was guarding went off. They had him on Beasley in the 1st game for 3 quarters when Beasley did all his scoring, and last night on Russell until the 4th when Malone put Campazzo on him.

Its detriment to Denver defense , Denver can't even guard Juancho who's a an average to below an average NBA player.
skywalker33

Post#15 » by skywalker33 » Wed Jan 6, 2021 4:23 pm

Mickey8 wrote:
The Rebel wrote:Looks like Vanderbilt is finally figuring things out, while he could do very little he at least irritated Jokic and Green with his defense. We all know he was a throw in last year, and due to his lack of jumpshot would not be playing here still, but we could really use his defense and rebounding even playing him some minutes at backup SF.

playing against Millsap and either Dozier or Barton at PF seems to have that affect on PFs. Why are we not playing Hartenstein and Green together? Not having any size with the bench has already cost us games, when is Malone going to learn?

Its detriment to Denver defense , Denver can't even guard Juancho who's a an average to below an average NBA player.

Do you EVER say anything positive, you have a trollish nature in most all of your posts ?? While DEN's defense does need work, Juancho has World Class experience, perhaps it has taken him a while to step up but he shot lights out last nite, give credit where it's due.

Richard Miller
Veteran

Post#16 » by Richard Miller » Wed Jan 6, 2021 5:38 pm

Using the same logic, you could say that Kawhi and the rest of the Clippers can't even guard 32 year Patty Mills, since he just dropped 8 threes on them. :lol:
Mickey8
Head Coach

Post#17 » by Mickey8 » Wed Jan 6, 2021 10:07 pm

skywalker33 wrote:
Mickey8 wrote:

Do you EVER say anything positive, you have a trollish nature in most all of your posts ?? While DEN's defense does need work, Juancho has World Class experience, perhaps it has taken him a while to step up but he shot lights out last nite, give credit where it's due.

Sitting on the bench for 3 seasons, talking about trolling :roll: Its seems to me that every average or below average player, always go off against Denver and Juanhco is in that category, he's a streaky shooter and there is nothing in his game that is excellent , what is even more worrisome , he was Denver's player just a few months ago and the team still failed to stop him :banghead: This team can't guard the chair right now and its not even amusing anymore. Why should I write something positive, when there is nothing to gloat about these back to back wins, hard fought wins against the lottery team that was missing its best player, until they start beating good teams , its hard to complement anyone in Denver's uniform.
Mickey8
Head Coach

Post#18 » by Mickey8 » Wed Jan 6, 2021 10:12 pm

Richard Miller wrote:Using the same logic, you could say that Kawhi and the rest of the Clippers can't even guard 32 year Patty Mills, since he just dropped 8 threes on them. :lol:

Clippers have already beaten Nuggets easily and they have better record right now, I am not concern about Clippers , that's not the team I am rooting for.
Richard Miller
Veteran

Post#19 » by Richard Miller » Wed Jan 6, 2021 10:26 pm

Mickey8 wrote:
Richard Miller wrote:Using the same logic, you could say that Kawhi and the rest of the Clippers can't even guard 32 year Patty Mills, since he just dropped 8 threes on them. :lol:

Clippers have already beaten Nuggets easily and they have better record right now, I am not concern about Clippers , that's not the team I am rooting for.

It means your logic fails
skywalker33

Post#20 » by skywalker33 » Wed Jan 6, 2021 11:10 pm

Richard Miller wrote:
Mickey8 wrote:

It means your logic fails

And by reading thru the lines ( as well as his posts) he doesn’t reall root for the Nuggets either, but that’s just my opinion based on reading all his negative crap

Return to Denver Nuggets