Moderator: THE J0KER

Richard Miller
Veteran
And1: 2,883

Re: Game 7 : Denver Nuggets (2-4) vs Minnesota Timberwolves (2-4) - 9:00 PM 

Post#21 » by Richard Miller » Wed Jan 6, 2021 11:21 pm

skywalker33 wrote:
Richard Miller wrote:
Mickey8 wrote:Clippers have already beaten Nuggets easily and they have better record right now, I am not concern about Clippers , that's not the team I am rooting for.

It means your logic fails

And by reading thru the lines ( as well as his posts) he doesn’t reall root for the Nuggets either, but that’s just my opinion based on reading all his negative crap

It's probably the "tough love" approach. :lol: I'm not a fan of it though.
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,252

Post#22 » by skywalker33 » Wed Jan 6, 2021 11:45 pm

Richard Miller wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:
Richard Miller wrote:
It means your logic fails

And by reading thru the lines ( as well as his posts) he doesn’t reall root for the Nuggets either, but that’s just my opinion based on reading all his negative crap

It's probably the "tough love" approach. :lol: I'm not a fan of it though.

Sounds like you're the optimist...I'm more the realist here.
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Post#23 » by The Rebel » Thu Jan 7, 2021 4:09 am

Mickey8 wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:
Mickey8 wrote:Its detriment to Denver defense , Denver can't even guard Juancho who's a an average to below an average NBA player.

Do you EVER say anything positive, you have a trollish nature in most all of your posts ?? While DEN's defense does need work, Juancho has World Class experience, perhaps it has taken him a while to step up but he shot lights out last nite, give credit where it's due.

Sitting on the bench for 3 seasons, talking about trolling :roll: Its seems to me that every average or below average player, always go off against Denver and Juanhco is in that category, he's a streaky shooter and there is nothing in his game that is excellent , what is even more worrisome , he was Denver's player just a few months ago and the team still failed to stop him :banghead: This team can't guard the chair right now and its not even amusing anymore. Why should I write something positive, when there is nothing to gloat about these back to back wins, hard fought wins against the lottery team that was missing its best player, until they start beating good teams , its hard to complement anyone in Denver's uniform.

I don't think anybody here disagrees with you that we have a problem at PF, but you need to relax before you give yourself a stroke.

It is a long season, nobody wants to be playing their best basketball in January you want to be at your best in the playoffs. We changed out 7 guys over the offseason. Every team with a lot of turnover has issues early in the season, especially with so many rookies. Everybody has to figure out how to play in the NBA, and we have to see what guys can actually do. That has a huge affect on defense, because guys aren't communicating and guys do not know each other's tendencies. Those take time in real games to develop.

Hell the 6'8" 3 and D forward has not even played a game yet, and our entire rotation has not been available for a single game yet, and we 65 more games to go, no need to panic over every little thing.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Post#24 » by The Rebel » Thu Jan 7, 2021 4:14 am

Mickey8 wrote:
Richard Miller wrote:Using the same logic, you could say that Kawhi and the rest of the Clippers can't even guard 32 year Patty Mills, since he just dropped 8 threes on them. :lol:

Clippers have already beaten Nuggets easily and they have better record right now, I am not concern about Clippers , that's not the team I am rooting for.

Did you know the Nuggets beat the 72 win Bulls while only winning 34 more games that season? Did you know that Charlotte used to beat the Kobe Lakers for years? Do you know how much that affected their playoffs? You have been around long enough to know that early regular season games don't mean anything. We destroyed the Clippers in the playoffs, to the point that entire team quit in the 2nd half of game 7 3 months ago, who cares about a meaningless regular season game?
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Post#25 » by NuggetsWY » Thu Jan 7, 2021 3:15 pm

Here's what I saw:

1 - Murray needs to assert himself more. Jokic does not like taking 20 shots like he did in this game. Porter is out. Someone needs to shoot more. It needs to be Murray IMO.

2 - The Nuggets need one more big, just in case of injury. Green was missed. Millsap tends toward injury. Malone seems to not like using Hartenstein for some unknown reason.

3 - Barton needs to consistently apply himself on both ends of the court - and not as a point guard.

4 - Playing Murray, Campazzo, Morris, Dozier 90-100 mpg is not working well - especially when Barton often plays point even when two of those are on the floor with him.

5 - Like Barton, the Nuggets need to consistently apply themselves. This game's fourth quarter was the first time this year that I've seen lots of motion on the offense. They are almost impossible to beat when they move.

6 - The Nuggets do not need offense. They need defense and they need rebounding.

Return to Denver Nuggets