ImageImageImage

Game 7 : Cleveland Cavaliers (4-2) @ Orlando Magic (4-2) - 7:00PM

Moderator: ijspeelman

Revenged25
Analyst
And1: 1,002

Re: Game 7 : Cleveland Cavaliers (4-2) @ Orlando Magic (4-2) - 7:00PM 

Post#21 » by Revenged25 » Tue Jan 5, 2021 1:46 am

This is more what I expected with almost half the team out for one reason or another.
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#22 » by Stillwater » Tue Jan 5, 2021 2:38 am

Revenged25 wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:Gordon is killing us and he's not that good of an offensive player.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using RealGM mobile app

I mean everyone has a game like this at some point. I mean even I have had a Curry like performance in a pick-up game before though I normally make the worst shooter on a High School JV team look like Curry.

I havent even touched a basketball since March other than draft day let alone a pickup game.
Aaron Gordon finally becoming a decent 3 point shooter is actually pretty impressive imo.
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
Revenged25
Analyst

Post#23 » by Revenged25 » Tue Jan 5, 2021 2:57 am

Stillwater wrote:
Revenged25 wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:Gordon is killing us and he's not that good of an offensive player.

I mean everyone has a game like this at some point. I mean even I have had a Curry like performance in a pick-up game before though I normally make the worst shooter on a High School JV team look like Curry.

I havent even touched a basketball since March other than draft day let alone a pickup game.
Aaron Gordon finally becoming a decent 3 point shooter is actually pretty impressive imo.

One game doesn't make him a decent 3 point shooter and he was 3 for 20 before getting hot this game. If he ends the year with a good volume and decent % then I'll consider him a good 3 point shooter.

Also considering half the team was missing, the fact that they kept it close for as long as they did makes me really really excited for the future.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#24 » by Stillwater » Tue Jan 5, 2021 3:01 am

jbk1234 wrote:
JonFromVA wrote:
Revenged25 wrote:
I thought even on house arrest they often gave you the ability to go to work and stuff, granted it might keep him from traveling with the team, but he should at least be able to practice when the team is in town or at least go through practice sessions at the facilities with staff.

Being charged with a crime is public information ... I don't think the Cavs could hide that long.

KPJ will be back on the court when both sides are ready for him to be back on the court.
This. Although we need bodies at this point. I think Okoro can come back soon if he's not actually positive for Covid.

Not "all" details are public information and prosecutors reserve the right to re-file a charge “whenever applicable under the constitution, statutes or criminal rules of the state of Ohio.” Anything is possible on that drug charge which was swiss cheese reporting of facts from the jump. He could easily be on house arrest or in a rehab and unless you want to pay for a report online in the hopes there are no privacy laws blocking so called public information being used or assuming it is available or go to the clerk of courts and look it up yourself I bet you wont hear the employer of anyone esp a pro athlete playing whistleblower on their own player when anyone who is that interested can go find out for themselves esp all over a misdemeanor drug charge which exactly the kind that despite the claim was dismissed could easily be re filed against him if dna test came back with his on a pipe or something.
whatever the case may be Cavs sure could use him. BTW you can go look it up and get in trouble yourself for re-sharing it if somebody wanted to prosecute you.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,086

Post#25 » by jbk1234 » Tue Jan 5, 2021 4:34 am

All I know is that for all the talk about how bad Love's defense is, Randle, Collins, and now Gordon have all balled out against us since he's been out.

Also, if Maker can't come in and at least slow the other team's big down, I'm struggling to see a role for him in the NBA.

cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
Harper4Ferry?
Starter
And1: 78

Post#26 » by Harper4Ferry? » Tue Jan 5, 2021 10:33 am

When can we sign a 10 day guy? And are we stuck with Maker guaranteed all year now? He sucks.
JonFromVA
RealGM
And1: 4,373

Post#27 » by JonFromVA » Tue Jan 5, 2021 4:22 pm

jbk1234 wrote:All I know is that for all the talk about how bad Love's defense is, Randle, Collins, and now Gordon have all balled out against us since he's been out.

Also, if Maker can't come in and at least slow the other team's big down, I'm struggling to see a role for him in the NBA.

Because our bigs are staying back and/or zoning, there are going to be nights we get wrecked from 3; but hard to argue with the overall improvement on D. I seem to remember Memphis used to force a lot of turnovers. I'm not sure how JBB has our guys doing it so well without getting constantly beat, but it's been a big part of our improvement on both sides of the ball. Having a big man back helps when a player swipes and misses too, but often it's our big men doing the swiping.

Maker is an ongoing project, but I guess JBB trusts him more at this point than Bolden.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#28 » by Stillwater » Tue Jan 5, 2021 9:20 pm

JonFromVA wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:All I know is that for all the talk about how bad Love's defense is, Randle, Collins, and now Gordon have all balled out against us since he's been out.

Because our bigs are staying back and/or zoning, there are going to be nights we get wrecked from 3; but hard to argue with the overall improvement on D. I seem to remember Memphis used to force a lot of turnovers. I'm not sure how JBB has our guys doing it so well without getting constantly beat, but it's been a big part of our improvement on both sides of the ball. Having a big man back helps when a player swipes and misses too, but often it's our big men doing the swiping.

Maker is an ongoing project, but I guess JBB trusts him more at this point than Bolden.

Right and it's easy to forget hes only turning 24 in Feb unless you think the reports he was 23 when he was drafted are true...despite being refuted.
I mean he still has a lot of athleticism and mobility for a player his size. He is already starting to understand his assignments defensively on this roster far better than any time earlier in his career and was always going to have issues playing catch up to high iq bigs in the league ahead of him in the rotation so when he gets minutes and put in tough situations he is going to struggle some this season.
The footwork is improved offensively imo and the kid has the tools to become a reasonable scorer around the basket as well as stretch the floor some, when he plays aggressively he can be effective as a 2 way player if he can learn to avoid getting caught by smalls that are hunting fouls.
This is a reclamation effort on a late bloomer who never touched a basketball until he was almost out of school.
I want him to stay on the roster at this point and see if JBB can turn him into a 3rd big worth retaining.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,086

Post#29 » by jbk1234 » Tue Jan 5, 2021 9:22 pm

JonFromVA wrote:

Maybe it's me, but if you're in a zone and someone is lighting the net on fire from 3, maybe switch up to a box and 1 so someone has a hand in the guy's face.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#30 » by Stillwater » Tue Jan 5, 2021 10:34 pm

jbk1234 wrote:
JonFromVA wrote:

Maybe it's me, but if you're in a zone and someone is lighting the net on fire from 3, maybe switch up to a box and 1 so someone has a hand in the guy's face.

only problem with that is when more than 1 player is lighting you up and one of them isnt normally known for shooting 3s so maybe tomorrow they pay more attn to Gordon instead of letting him try to beat them by himself.
Cavs really didnt look good all game defensively either with Exum gone despite still trying.
JonFromVA
RealGM

Post#31 » by JonFromVA » Tue Jan 5, 2021 11:33 pm

jbk1234 wrote:
JonFromVA wrote:

In the past, it's taken some extended practice time to tweak up the defense for a specific problem and we probably won't have any of that this season. Once Isaac is back, JBB will have the option to just ask him to try to slow down whoever is heating up. It's just too bad we can't depend on Exum's health, because Isaac can't defend everybody at the same time.
LivingLegend
Head Coach
And1: 7,745

Post#32 » by LivingLegend » Wed Jan 6, 2021 7:45 pm

Revenged25 wrote:This is more what I expected with almost half the team out for one reason or another.

The only thing I notice thats different is the shots are not falling now. Not sure if thats because all of our players are crap or if its just a statistical thing that will come back around.
Revenged25
Analyst

Post#33 » by Revenged25 » Wed Jan 6, 2021 8:09 pm

LivingLegend wrote:
Revenged25 wrote:This is more what I expected with almost half the team out for one reason or another.

The only thing I notice thats different is the shots are not falling now. Not sure if thats because all of our players are crap or if its just a statistical thing that will come back around.

I think it's more that it's bench players being forced into big minutes and the starters not able able to carry them while playing that many minutes. I'm glad the team was able to keep close as along as they did, does give a lot of hope for going forward when healthy, but not even LeBron can carry a team with multiple starters/high rotation players out. Look at the Lakers his first year there.
JonFromVA
RealGM

Post#34 » by JonFromVA » Wed Jan 6, 2021 9:08 pm

Revenged25 wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:

I think it's more that it's bench players being forced into big minutes and the starters not able able to carry them while playing that many minutes. I'm glad the team was able to keep close as along as they did, does give a lot of hope for going forward when healthy, but not even LeBron can carry a team with multiple starters/high rotation players out. Look at the Lakers his first year there.

Let's not get carried away, LeBron was well on his way to carrying the Lakers in to the playoffs until he got hurt. The main injury that hurt his chances was his own as it lingered throughout the rest of the season.

We just have way too many injuries right now, zero point-guards, and it's likely they are playing tighter because of it.
LivingLegend
Head Coach
And1: 7,745

Post#35 » by LivingLegend » Thu Jan 7, 2021 3:34 am

JonFromVA wrote:
Revenged25 wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:

Let's not get carried away, LeBron was well on his way to carrying the Lakers in to the playoffs until he got hurt. The main injury that hurt his chances was his own as it lingered throughout the rest of the season.

We just have way too many injuries right now, zero point-guards, and it's likely they are playing tighter because of it.

Yeah Garlands passing ability is really missing. Forcing Sexton to that role is reverting him back

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers