ImageImage

PG: Bucks Roll Over Detroit for 3rd Straight

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,128

Re: PG: Bucks Roll Over Detroit for 3rd Straight 

Post#41 » by HKPackFan » Thu Jan 7, 2021 9:41 am

I checked to see if this was a career high night for Thanos but apparently it wasn't, he's scored 10,9,8 pts previously.

I actually don't mind him out there running and bouncing around everywhere for a few minutes. And his dunks are fun, and it makes his brother happy too.

Would be kinda fun to see them play together....BRIEFLY...
#FreeChuckDiesel
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,128

Post#42 » by HKPackFan » Thu Jan 7, 2021 9:46 am

Rstuedes24 wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:Oh Giannis lol.

Bobby was ready to go though LOL

I’m taking Giannis and Bobby P in a fight over pretty much any duo lol

I wouldn't even fake wrestle with ole crazy eyes.
#FreeChuckDiesel
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,101

Post#43 » by skones » Thu Jan 7, 2021 10:00 am

Matches Malone wrote:
Read on Twitter

Nobody even going to mention Sweeney coming in like, "Yanni bb, u rich now, u tryna win a ship, we r pistons?"
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,101

Post#44 » by skones » Thu Jan 7, 2021 10:05 am

Last year our team felt, "fun." This year, it's "business." One is more fun to watch over a regular season, the other knows exactly what's at stake when it matters. Wish it were both, but I'll take the latter.
drone3
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,497

Post#45 » by drone3 » Thu Jan 7, 2021 11:55 am

Portis passing feels really good. Did not expect that from him.
Daver
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,983

Post#46 » by Daver » Thu Jan 7, 2021 12:12 pm

I know 1 game doesnt make a season but what a clunker if a game for DDV wow bad
Fotis St
General Manager
And1: 2,853

Post#47 » by Fotis St » Thu Jan 7, 2021 12:19 pm

OK , just watched the whole game. Conclusion :
8/8 ... Fire Budenholzer

Why ?

We clearly haven't changed our offense to FIT Jrue somewhere. We made our 3s in the 1st half to win the game ... BUT I saw Jrue being frustrated for not having touches and repeatedly watching Giannis and alot of Khris playmaking at the top of the key.
Then Jrue just called his own number under frustration and forced his shots and missed alot of them...
I actually see Bud holding us back.
At the start of the game we posted Jrue and Giannis made a pick at the post and rolled, that was really something new. Jrue made an easy floater , though he saw Giannis as a lob threat too. After that basket, don't know why he took the ball as away from Jrue as possible.
If we want us to win, want him to resign, want him fully ready to be our ball handler, playmaker and maybe closer , we need to feed him more and utilise him.
End of 1st half, last possesion ... why on earth does Khris has the ball? Khris threw a one hand alley oop pass over the rim way off course , Giannis somewhat caught it and it was called a goal tending with 3-4 seconds left for Pistons to score. WTF Bud ?
After all this 2nd half bs basketball Pistons started to close on us and Jrue made a crucial long 2 off the glass. I see you Jrue, keep making those cause at the playoffs will need those to drop.
Nwora is really good offensively. I get Jabari vibes from him. Love his confidence.

And to close this long post , just fire Bud for not playing Sam Merrill while 34 points up and letting Thanasis playmake
Draft picks: '15 Jerian Grant, '16 Thon Maker, '17 Isaiah Hartenstein/*John Collins, '18 TD Devonte Graham, Hamidou Diallo, '20 Sam Merrill, Killian Tillie, '21 Joe Wieskamp, '22 TU C.Braun/G.Procida '23 Tristan Vukcevic/Maxwell Lewis
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#48 » by WRau1 » Thu Jan 7, 2021 12:33 pm

Fotis St wrote:fire Bud for not playing Sam Merrill while 34 points up and letting Thanasis playmake

Merrill is still out with a left ankle sprain.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach
And1: 4,497

Post#49 » by ShootingtheJ » Thu Jan 7, 2021 12:52 pm

Fotis St wrote:OK , just watched the whole game. Conclusion :
8/8 ... Fire Budenholzer

Why ?

We clearly haven't changed our offense to FIT Jrue somewhere. We made our 3s in the 1st half to win the game ... BUT I saw Jrue being frustrated for not having touches and repeatedly watching Giannis and alot of Khris playmaking at the top of the key.
Then Jrue just called his own number under frustration and forced his shots and missed alot of them...
At the start of the game we posted Jrue and Giannis made a pick at the post and rolled, that was really something new. Jrue made an easy floater , though he saw Giannis as a lob threat too. After that basket, don't know why he took the ball as away from Jrue as possible.
If we want us to win, want him to resign, want him fully ready to be our ball handler, playmaker and maybe closer , we need to feed him more and utilise him.
End of 1st half, last possesion ... why on earth does Khris has the ball? Khris threw a one hand alley oop pass over the rim way off course , Giannis somewhat caught it and it was called a goal tending with 3-4 seconds left for Pistons to score. WTF Bud ?
After all this 2nd half bs basketball Pistons started to close on us and Jrue made a crucial long 2 off the glass. I see you Jrue, keep making those cause at the playoffs will need those to drop.
Nwora is really good offensively. I get Jabari vibes from him. Love his cofidence.

And to close this long post , just fire Bud for not playing Sam Merrill while 34 points up and letting Thanasis playmake

We have the number 1 offense in the league and you want to change it? Your now just stacking bad takes on bad takes.
soxperry
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,919

Post#50 » by soxperry » Thu Jan 7, 2021 1:07 pm

ShootingtheJ wrote:
8/8 ... Fire Budenholzer

Why ?

Nwora is really good offensively. I get Jabari vibes from him. Love his cofidence.

We have the number 1 offense in the league and you want to change it? Your now just stacking bad takes on bad takes.

Well, whether hes right or wrong the thing is we had the best offense two years in a row and it fizzled when the rubber met the road. I think thats what his overall point hinges on.

I will say...Khris is really bad at throwing alley oops, shockingly bad, and Jrue and DJA are good at it but they look like John Stockton next to everyone else on our team
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,319

Post#51 » by crkone » Thu Jan 7, 2021 1:48 pm

BucksFanSD wrote:I want to see a Merrill versus Nwora 3 point shootout competition.
An in-game shootout.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
neiLz
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,475

Post#52 » by neiLz » Thu Jan 7, 2021 2:07 pm

Offense is legit. Much better fits around giannis. I thought the record breaker was an extreme outlier, but the bucks lead the nba in 3's made and percentage (i think). But this only matters in playoffs, they need to hit their shots come playoff time.
Wooderson
RealGM
And1: 5,278

Post#53 » by Wooderson » Thu Jan 7, 2021 2:19 pm

on/off numbers for guys with > 100 minutes so far this season

MiltownHawkeye
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,415

Post#54 » by MiltownHawkeye » Thu Jan 7, 2021 2:22 pm

Yeah the offense has looked fantastic, but I'd still like to see Jrue a little more involved and Giannis not taking 6 3s a game.
Free Chuck Diesel

Fire Steve Novak
Bucksfan28
General Manager
And1: 4,918

Post#55 » by Bucksfan28 » Thu Jan 7, 2021 2:23 pm

Was distracted by um.. other happenings last night. Just saw the opening tipoff on IG. You love to see it.
MoreTrife wrote:Love seeing two buffoons have a buffoon competition.
msiris
RealGM
And1: 1,676

Post#56 » by msiris » Thu Jan 7, 2021 2:33 pm

ShootingtheJ wrote:
8/8 ... Fire Budenholzer

Why ?

We had the number one offence the last two years under Bud. The D still concerns me. So mant blown plays and we were killed on the inside last night. Easy to hide the warts when you are playing the likes of Detroit. I feel that Jrue is being under utilized as well.
Ride the tank
German Athens
Bench Warmer
And1: 987

Post#57 » by German Athens » Thu Jan 7, 2021 2:57 pm

msiris wrote:
ShootingtheJ wrote:
8/8 ... Fire Budenholzer

Why ?

We had the number one offence the last two years under Bud. The D still concerns me. So mant blown plays and we were killed on the inside last night. Easy to hide the warts when you are playing the likes of Detroit. I feel that Jrue is being under utilized as well.

I’m not really sure where this notion that we had the number 1 offense the last two years is coming from. We had the 9th ranked offensive rating last year, and 4th the year prior. Adjusted for team defense, we had the 11th ranked offense last year, and 4th the year prior.
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#58 » by WRau1 » Thu Jan 7, 2021 3:01 pm

German Athens wrote:
msiris wrote:
ShootingtheJ wrote:

I’m not really sure where this notion that we had the number 1 offense the last two years is coming from. We had the 9th ranked offensive rating last year, and 4th the year prior. Adjusted for team defense, we had the 11th ranked offense last year, and 4th the year prior.

Probably from top scoring offense, which we have been since Coach Bud.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
German Athens
Bench Warmer
And1: 987

Post#59 » by German Athens » Thu Jan 7, 2021 3:06 pm

WRau1 wrote:
German Athens wrote:
msiris wrote:We had the number one offence the last two years under Bud. The D still concerns me. So mant blown plays and we were killed on the inside last night. Easy to hide the warts when you are playing the likes of Detroit. I feel that Jrue is being under utilized as well.

Yeah, I just looked that up, and I meant to come back here to respond. Most raw ppg, but I wouldn’t use that to indicate that we really have the number 1 offense in the league.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,431

Post#60 » by emunney » Thu Jan 7, 2021 3:12 pm

German Athens wrote:
WRau1 wrote:
German Athens wrote:

Yeah, I just looked that up, and I meant to come back here to respond. Most raw ppg, but I wouldn’t use that to indicate that we really have the number 1 offense in the league.

Still #1 (by a lot) adjusting for pace. Wouldn't expect us to remain so far in front since I wouldn't expect us to keep shooting 44% from 3 as a team.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts

Return to Milwaukee Bucks