ImageImageImage

Trade Talk (Part Five)

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Jedzz
RealGM
And1: 2,506

Re: Trade Talk (Part Five) 

Post#1501 » by Jedzz » Thu Jan 7, 2021 3:09 am

Norseman79 wrote:I have no prob with DLo, I have no prob with a majority of the roster, there is no excuse for it to not be more competitive...except coaching, rotations, and style of play

When the coach's family owns part of the team we need to be prepared for the long haul. Only thing to do is make a stink of it and hope they hear you.

Hey if they run with real minutes for Vando that has some potential to change everything.
Neeva
Head Coach
And1: 2,169

Post#1502 » by Neeva » Thu Jan 7, 2021 3:26 am

orlando needs a pg. Rubio for Gordon. make it happen Rosas.
jscott
Veteran
And1: 916

Post#1503 » by jscott » Thu Jan 7, 2021 3:37 am

Jedzz wrote:
jscott wrote:Culver and Edwards and the ones I want to keep. Trade the others.

Same fools gold thinking when we had Wiggins/Lavine/Towns. We can develop them for 6-10 years and win it all!

In the meantime you lose for 6 years and decide to blow it up twice .

Except we’ve already seen Culver develop from year 1 to 2 and Edwards looks like he belongs.

Would take someone much better than Aaron Gordon to pry one away imo.
Killboard
Analyst
And1: 943

Post#1504 » by Killboard » Thu Jan 7, 2021 4:55 am

Neeva wrote:orlando needs a pg. Rubio for Gordon. make it happen Rosas.

As much I would hate Ricky go I absolutely would do this trade. Rubio fits well with Orlando style of good defensive players. Not sure if Orlando would do it but his minutes this year are way down so maybe they could.
Jedzz
RealGM
And1: 2,506

Post#1505 » by Jedzz » Thu Jan 7, 2021 5:54 am

jscott wrote:
Jedzz wrote:
jscott wrote:Culver and Edwards and the ones I want to keep. Trade the others.

Same fools gold thinking when we had Wiggins/Lavine/Towns. We can develop them for 6-10 years and win it all!

In the meantime you lose for 6 years and decide to blow it up twice .

Except we’ve already seen Culver develop from year 1 to 2 and Edwards looks like he belongs.

Would take someone much better than Aaron Gordon to pry one away imo.

Well that's debateable. But I see them needing a ready to go PG now. Neither of those guys are that. We do have a near matching Rubio who depending on who you ask is maybe stuck now in a bad place for him. We also have JMac who is more than capable, athough that would take plenty of additions and selling by Rosas as a solution for them given Rosas wasn't even willing to give him more than a Two Way. I'm not even sure Orlando couldn't just take JMac or not, given he's just on a Two Way deal. Not sure. But both our PGs can outplay theirs, no matter how hopeful they were for Fultz futuree.
old school 34
Senior
And1: 240

Post#1506 » by old school 34 » Thu Jan 7, 2021 8:07 am

Killboard wrote:
Neeva wrote:orlando needs a pg. Rubio for Gordon. make it happen Rosas.

As much I would hate Ricky go I absolutely would do this trade. Rubio fits well with Orlando style of good defensive players. Not sure if Orlando would do it but his minutes this year are way down so maybe they could.
Jeddz just beat a bunch to the same thought...if at the end of the day, Rubio doesn't play well with Dlo & wolves need to decide how long they give that? Rubio...the vet voice, the organizer...all on paper seemed to be a rotational formula there that would've made sense...but only magnifies even more eventually as Ant becomes more ready to have ball in hand more & more....all while you have a very similar organizer type pg still sitting on bench that has proven to having good synergy with Dlo in JMac...could very much be upgrades at starting pf & backup pg?

Further entice Orl, by making it Rubio/Juancho/ED or JL for AG/Aminu....letting them off Aminu deal who can't get healthy while giving them a few different ways we could fill in the Aminu $$...depending on what exact direction they want to take...something like that probably saves us a potential draft asset or gets it the rest of the way over the hump (similar to us absorbing Spellman and Evans, so GSW could minimize lux bill)?

Sent from my SM-G973U using RealGM mobile app
Neeva
Head Coach

Post#1507 » by Neeva » Thu Jan 7, 2021 9:49 am

Feel like it might be Rubio, Okogie and Davis for Gordon and Aminu?
Merc_Porto
General Manager
And1: 3,529

Post#1508 » by Merc_Porto » Thu Jan 7, 2021 10:39 am

Isn't Gordon a big part of why Orlando is doing so well this season?

If so, why they would trade him?
Neeva
Head Coach

Post#1509 » by Neeva » Thu Jan 7, 2021 12:38 pm

mercgold3 wrote:Isn't Gordon a big part of why Orlando is doing so well this season?

If so, why they would trade him?

Gordon had one really good game against Cleveland, other than that he’s been meh. I just want Rubio gone( it will be best for him also) and the wolves desperately need a starting calibre PF that can defend even if he’s meh..
Neeva
Head Coach

Post#1510 » by Neeva » Thu Jan 7, 2021 12:42 pm

It all depends on kat though if he is out for long I doubt Rosas will make moves to improve the roster this season and a Rubio for Gordon trade might not happen till the offseason.
Killboard
Analyst

Post#1511 » by Killboard » Thu Jan 7, 2021 1:52 pm

Neeva wrote:It all depends on kat though if he is out for long I doubt Rosas will make moves to improve the roster this season and a Rubio for Gordon trade might not happen till the offseason.

The odds to get that pick are not good even with KAT missing the rest of the season. I think it would be a mistake planning for that.
Killboard
Analyst

Post#1512 » by Killboard » Thu Jan 7, 2021 1:53 pm

Double post.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 13,990

Post#1513 » by shrink » Thu Jan 7, 2021 2:11 pm

The Magic are 6-2, and part of the reason is the Aaron Gordon’s eFG% is .554. That’s 50 points better than his career average, and 70 points over last year. The Magic pushed for the playoffs last year when they were 33-40.

I know many of you see Gordon as some savior for some reason, but even if he is, do you really see ORL trading him right now, with Jonathan Isaac out for the year?
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.
Merc_Porto
General Manager
And1: 3,529

Post#1514 » by Merc_Porto » Thu Jan 7, 2021 2:19 pm

shrink wrote:The Magic are 6-2, and part of the reason is the Aaron Gordon’s eFG% is .554. That’s 50 points better than his career average, and 70 points over last year. The Magic pushed for the playoffs last year when they were 33-40.

I know many of you see Gordon as some savior for some reason, but even if he is, do you really see ORL trading him right now, with Jonathan Isaac out for the year?

Exactly. The Magic with this deal are creating a PF problem for them as well.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,136

Post#1515 » by Calinks » Thu Jan 7, 2021 4:54 pm

shrink wrote:The Magic are 6-2, and part of the reason is the Aaron Gordon’s eFG% is .554. That’s 50 points better than his career average, and 70 points over last year. The Magic pushed for the playoffs last year when they were 33-40.

It will be great for them if they want to tank but they if they want a respectable season then yea, they won't be itching to trade him.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
jpatrick
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,588

Post#1516 » by jpatrick » Thu Jan 7, 2021 6:50 pm

If they start losing, they won’t be trading Gordon for a win-now piece like Rubio, they’ll go full tank mode. If they keep winning, obviously they won’t move Gordon.
Killboard
Analyst

Post#1517 » by Killboard » Thu Jan 7, 2021 7:02 pm

jpatrick wrote:If they start losing, they won’t be trading Gordon for a win-now piece like Rubio, they’ll go full tank mode. If they keep winning, obviously they won’t move Gordon.

Gary Clark has been playing well for them (I remember liked him as a late pick going in that class) and Gordon minutes are gettig a cut this year as well.

Maybe pack Rubio and hot shooting Juancho? It gives them a good shooting 4 (which they don't have) and a starting PG to stay competitive.
old school 34
Senior
And1: 240

Post#1518 » by old school 34 » Fri Jan 8, 2021 4:23 am

Calinks wrote:

It will be great for them if they want to tank but they if they want a respectable season then yea, they won't be itching to trade him.
My thought process was down the line of Orl still thinking going semi tank mode...since really now both their core pieces Isaac & Fultz being out for the year? Again, I know that admin has been anti tank & the start definitely makes it more difficult to think that way...but they're getting really close to forever living here in the middle or needing to trade a few of their older regime core guys before they just have no value left whatsoever & for an organization that seemingly wants just a massive haul for those pieces...they're quickly coming to a hard crossroad...they probably need to come down on the price tag already for AG....if he's still in Orl after the deadline...now he's just an expiring and the return just gets significantly smaller again?

Shrink...get your concerns about his game &/or fit? The hope is the positive start he's had playing primarily pf is real & not mirage...might put Orl in a sell high position as well?

Sent from my SM-G973U using RealGM mobile app
Neeva
Head Coach

Post#1519 » by Neeva » Fri Jan 8, 2021 4:36 am

It’s funny that Orlando fans think losing Fultz will take them from 7-10 range in playoffs to a bottom 3 team. Fultz aint that good lol
RiRuHoops
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,812

Post#1520 » by RiRuHoops » Fri Jan 8, 2021 4:52 am

Killboard wrote:
jpatrick wrote:If they start losing, they won’t be trading Gordon for a win-now piece like Rubio, they’ll go full tank mode. If they keep winning, obviously they won’t move Gordon.

Gary Clark has been playing well for them (I remember liked him as a late pick going in that class) and Gordon minutes are gettig a cut this year as well.

Maybe pack Rubio and hot shooting Juancho? It gives them a good shooting 4 (which they don't have) and a starting PG to stay competitive.

you need to wait till march 2nd to trade either Juancho or Beasley.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves