ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Current Affairs & Politics Thread II

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

gigantes
Starter
And1: 1,097

Re: Official Current Affairs & Politics Thread II 

Post#481 » by gigantes » Thu Jan 7, 2021 5:06 pm

GTR11 wrote:Really tried stay away from politics lately. There's not one word to describe what happened last night.
Those people nothing else but terrorists. Brown has every right to be upset. He's not alone. There are countries out there right now that having good laughs.

Yeah, the events starting yesterday are a whole series of topics and debates, but when I was cruising r/NBA and saw that quote, it took me right back to this Summer and Fall. It's like a huge segment of the country still hasn't learned a godamn thing about why the BLM movement got going again in the wake of Floyd's "manslaughter."

To them, BLM is pretty much just a bunch of troublemakers looking for cheap excuses to cause havoc. So now we have plenty of conservative people hand-waving away yesterday's clumsy, destructive coup attempt just because 'people looted & stuff too over BLM.'

To me, that's pretty much a combination of pure ignorance and pure disingenuousness. Pure evil, really.

/rant
Sharcm1
Veteran
And1: 688

Post#482 » by Sharcm1 » Thu Jan 7, 2021 5:57 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
gigantes wrote:Obviously an unreal day yesterday, the like of which has never quite been seen before in the USA.

Apart from the most pressing situation of Pence & co. invoking the 25th and removing Trump, there's the incredible issue of many DC cops aiding and abetting the seditionists. I like how Jaylen Brown put it:
Read on Twitter

He's right.

Those seditionists should have been shot the moment they entered the building. But because they were white, they let them run wild with impunity.

and DC Police were 100% complicit. Heads should be rolling right now.

I agree 99 percent. It’s not DC police it’s Capitol police. DC police can do nothing on Capitol grounds unless invited.

If this was a black lives matter movement there would have already been national guard and federal police stationed all over the Capitol. Instead there were only Capitol police and not even enough of them with simple barriers set up. And they were completely overwhelmed by the mob. And I’m sure the speculation that some of them took pics and high-fived these people, will be true.

If it were BLM they would have shot them the second they broke into the building. The double standard is glaring. Things need to change. We need justice.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#483 » by Prokorov » Thu Jan 7, 2021 7:09 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
gigantes wrote:Obviously an unreal day yesterday, the like of which has never quite been seen before in the USA.

Apart from the most pressing situation of Pence & co. invoking the 25th and removing Trump, there's the incredible issue of many DC cops aiding and abetting the seditionists. I like how Jaylen Brown put it:
Read on Twitter

He's right.

Those seditionists should have been shot the moment they entered the building. But because they were white, they let them run wild with impunity.

A good portion of that mob was probably current or retired cops. They SHOT AND KILLED a black woman, in her car with her kids because of a "suspicious and potentially dangerous" u-turn back towards the capital a few years back. white people can just breka the windows, come in, go through desks with confidential info, and they just get to walk out and go home.

There is nothing more white priveledge then breaching the state capital and taking a selfie. like white dudes no their is 0 chance anything bad will happen to the point they take a selfie and post it.

if a black guy reached for his phone he'd get pumped with 50 rounds as they cops all yell "he's got a gun". meanwhile these white terrorists go in armed in combat gear and its like mall cops just watching it happen

gross.
gigantes
Starter

Post#484 » by gigantes » Thu Jan 7, 2021 7:48 pm

Prokorov wrote:A good portion of that mob was probably current or retired cops. They SHOT AND KILLED a black woman, in her car with her kids because of a "suspicious and potentially dangerous" u-turn back towards the capital a few years back. white people can just breka the windows, come in, go through desks with confidential info, and they just get to walk out and go home.

There is nothing more white priveledge then breaching the state capital and taking a selfie. like white dudes no their is 0 chance anything bad will happen to the point they take a selfie and post it.

if a black guy reached for his phone he'd get pumped with 50 rounds as they cops all yell "he's got a gun". meanwhile these white terrorists go in armed in combat gear and its like mall cops just watching it happen

gross.

As a White-looking Latino immigrant who's been here a long time, i.e. an 'American' at this point -- one of the hardest experiences I've ever had with Black Americans was just trying to co-exist in my neighborhood this Summer and Fall.

Not remotely because of anything that personally happened to me, just how utterly ashamed I felt about White People, police, the system, and more at that point.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,551

Post#485 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Jan 7, 2021 9:26 pm

Prokorov wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

Read on Twitter

He's right.

A good portion of that mob was probably current or retired cops. They SHOT AND KILLED a black woman, in her car with her kids because of a "suspicious and potentially dangerous" u-turn back towards the capital a few years back. white people can just breka the windows, come in, go through desks with confidential info, and they just get to walk out and go home.

gross.

That's why I applaud the Secret Service agent who shot that woman in the throat who tried to enter the hallway that Pence and Pelosi were taking shelter in. It was indiscriminate...he didn't think about "oh, this is a white woman or a Trump supporter, I should be gentle", he saw a terrorist threatening the safety of the Vice President and Speaker of the House and he tapped the trigger. It was clean, efficient, and there was zero empathy in my soul for that woman. She got what she deserved. Skin color, politics, none of that mattered to him, only the job at hand. Meanwhile, the Capitol police opened up barricades to let these nazi terrorists run up into the building.

The Capitol Police didn't do their jobs yesterday and now the world saw exactly the difference between White Americans and everyone else. I'm mad, and I'm literally arguing with Black friends who think that what happened yesterday was cool because "**** the government, rah rah". No it wasn't.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#486 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Jan 7, 2021 9:31 pm

Prokorov wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

Read on Twitter

He's right.

gross.

There should have been a sea of body bags in that building. I don't give a damn, people can call me cruel but I KNOW if people who looked like me ran up in there and did that it would have been a death sentence.

The fact that these people are racist, white supremacists following a demagogue makes me even more inclined to say that they all should have been shot dead. There's one way to deal with nazis, and it isn't through discourse.

CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#487 » by CalamityX12 » Thu Jan 7, 2021 11:24 pm

I'm disgusted and enraged like many of you....

This cannot go without consequences..

The fear of the realization that justice won't preserve has me heated more than the actual insurrection comitted
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#488 » by CalamityX12 » Thu Jan 7, 2021 11:26 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

He's right.

gross.

That's why I applaud the Secret Service agent who shot that woman in the throat who tried to enter the hallway that Pence and Pelosi were taking shelter in. It was indiscriminate...he didn't think about "oh, this is a white woman or a Trump supporter, I should be gentle", he saw a terrorist threatening the safety of the Vice President and Speaker of the House and he tapped the trigger. It was clean, efficient, and there was zero empathy in my soul for that woman. She got what she deserved. Skin color, politics, none of that mattered to him, only the job at hand. Meanwhile, the Capitol police opened up barricades to let these nazi terrorists run up into the building.

The Capitol Police didn't do their jobs yesterday and now the world saw exactly the difference between White Americans and everyone else. I'm mad, and I'm literally arguing with Black friends who think that what happened yesterday was cool because "**** the government, rah rah". No it wasn't.

You damn right...

Last night I was saying, forgive me, anything short of Normandy Beach like deaths is unacceptable.

Our federal, protected grounds were compromised.

It was treason!
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
gigantes
Starter

Post#489 » by gigantes » Sat Jan 9, 2021 9:41 pm

*Phew... yeah*

I think at the end of the day, what I *personally want* is for people to better understand the long, abominable history of American politics' disgraceful treatment of African slaves and Native Americans.

And yeah, that barely addresses even a little bit of that horror, but it's a starting point IMO.

IMO Trump stoked a huge base of unhappy, ignorant people, and they're not going away anytime soon, which is why we better keep paying attention to them...
GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Post#490 » by GTR11 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:11 am

gigantes wrote:
GTR11 wrote:Really tried stay away from politics lately. There's not one word to describe what happened last night.
Those people nothing else but terrorists. Brown has every right to be upset. He's not alone. There are countries out there right now that having good laughs.

Yeah, the events starting yesterday are a whole series of topics and debates, but when I was cruising r/NBA and saw that quote, it took me right back to this Summer and Fall. It's like a huge segment of the country still hasn't learned a godamn thing about why the BLM movement got going again in the wake of Floyd's "manslaughter."

To them, BLM is pretty much just a bunch of troublemakers looking for cheap excuses to cause havoc. So now we have plenty of conservative people hand-waving away yesterday's clumsy, destructive coup attempt just because 'people looted & stuff too over BLM.'

To me, that's pretty much a combination of pure ignorance and pure disingenuousness. Pure evil, really.

/rant

Trust me I pretty sure entire world knows now about double standards and what Trump represent. He's an oligarch and all his actions screamed it. What really me mad is the fact he allowed radicals to go wild and support them at the same time.

Read on Twitter
?s=20

There are hundreds of news papers out there world wide with headlines like that. There are things you can't buy or rebuild, reputation is one of them. He single handley might kill our economy with no **** given about us and our country. They have to take punishment, games over now.
gigantes
Starter

Post#491 » by gigantes » Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:53 am

The point is-- multiple foundations have been laid down upon "Trump 2.0."

This is the concern, dude.
GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Post#492 » by GTR11 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:55 pm

:x
gigantes wrote:The point is-- multiple foundations have been laid down upon "Trump 2.0."

Its sure is. When people talking about Hitler they have no idea who got him there and reason why. The fact in today's day most have no clue is an issue itself, thats why we here to begin with.
I don't think civil war will break out simply because we'll violate right radicals if things will go south. Just the fact we talking about it as an obstacle is a issue already.
gigantes
Starter

Post#493 » by gigantes » Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:04 pm

I was reading today on Reddit about how various congress-peoples' offices are almost completely unmarked, and sort of in this labyrinthine area in the capitol building. Some even have dummy offices with their names attached, that they rarely actually work from.

Apparently the mob knew exactly where to go to get to Pelosi's and a few other leading Democrat offices. Coupled with the tools & weaponry some of the insurrectionists were carrying, and the way the proper police and national guard response were clearly sabotaged from within, the picture is pretty bleak.

It really does appear that one of the goals was to take prisoners, or simply get the seditionists riled up enough to snuff key figures, Pence included. But mostly Dems, like Pelosi, AOC, and one of the chamber whips IIRC.

Conservatives are downplaying this already (or furiously whatabouting it), but it looks like there was a real chance Trump could have had a pretext to declare martial law and go from there...
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#494 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:17 pm

gigantes wrote:I was reading today on Reddit about how various congress-peoples' offices are almost completely unmarked, and sort of in this labyrinthine area in the capitol building. Some even have dummy offices with their names attached, that they rarely actually work from.

Apparently the mob knew exactly where to go to get to Pelosi's and a few other leading Democrat offices. Coupled with the tools & weaponry some of the insurrectionists were carrying, and the way the proper police and national guard response were clearly sabotaged from within, the picture is pretty bleak.

It really does appear that one of the goals was to take prisoners, or simply get the seditionists riled up enough to snuff key figures, Pence included. But mostly Dems, like Pelosi, AOC, and one of the chamber whips IIRC.

Conservatives are downplaying this already (or furiously whatabouting it), but it looks like there was a real chance Trump could have had a pretext to declare martial law and go from there...

They beat a cop to death with a fire extinguisher. I shudder to think what would have happened if they got their hands on Pelosi or AOC. These animals openly talk about raping and killing her and she is constantly sent death threats. I actually fear for her safety the most going forward, thanks to Fox News she has a target painted on her back.

Don't let conservatives downplay this: Trump sent that mob there to kill people, in particular Mike Pence.

Regarding how the mob knew where to go, look no further than sitting congresswoman Lauren Boebert:

Read on Twitter

She is a QAnon nut who was live tweeting Nancy Pelosi's location to her followers during the attack. It would not shock me if the FBI has her on their radar in regards to who helped to coordinate this.

gigantes
Starter

Post#495 » by gigantes » Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:27 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
gigantes wrote:I was reading today on Reddit about how various congress-peoples' offices are almost completely unmarked, and sort of in this labyrinthine area in the capitol building. Some even have dummy offices with their names attached, that they rarely actually work from.

They beat a cop to death with a fire extinguisher. I shudder to think what would have happened if they got their hands on Pelosi or AOC. These animals openly talk about raping and killing her and she is constantly sent death threats. I actually fear for her safety the most going forward, thanks to Fox News she has a target painted on her back.

Don't let conservatives downplay this: Trump sent that mob there to kill people, in particular Mike Pence.

Regarding how the mob knew where to go, look no further than sitting congresswoman Lauren Boebert:

[url]1346898958900199429[/url]

She is a QAnon nut who was live tweeting Nancy Pelosi's location to her followers during the attack. It would not shock me if the FBI has her on their radar in regards to who helped to coordinate this.

Yeah, I saw a little bit of analysis mentioning that Boebert was too much of a hopeless dumbass to share anything really useful to the mob, but who knows.

Also-- as has come to light today, and I didn't at all realise at the time, is that apparently a bunch of senators and the remnants of the capitol police were not actually sequestered below, but taking their last stand on one of the main floors, behind barricades within easy reach. The mob was apparently right there, passing by the room, but fortunately they got lured further in to the building by one brave black cop who led them on. But without that guy being right there, there was a real chance the local mob would have confronted the cornered cops and senators. Like, holy itchy trigger-fingers, Batman.

These people (and Trump) need to meet judicial justice ASAP. Trump must not be allowed to come back from this and run again, and an attack like this must never happen again.

Fortunately, it does sound like a large percentage of these geniuses shared their official ID's, documentation and self-incriminating messages on Parler, which was evidently just breached, with its database fully downloaded and shared with the Feds. Not sure if that was Anonymous, but talk about the cavalry showing up at the right time!
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#496 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:05 pm

gigantes wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

[url]1346898958900199429[/url]

Yeah, I saw a little bit of analysis mentioning that Boebert was too much of a hopeless dumbass to share anything really useful to the mob, but who knows.

Also-- as has come to light today, and I didn't at all realise at the time, is that apparently a bunch of senators and the remnants of the capitol police were not actually sequestered below, but taking their last stand on one of the main floors, behind barricades within easy reach. The mob was apparently right there, passing by the room, but fortunately they got lured further in to the building by one brave black cop who led them on. But without that guy being right there, there was a real chance the local mob would have confronted the cornered cops and senators. Like, holy itchy trigger-fingers, Batman.

These people (and Trump) need to meet judicial justice ASAP. Trump must not be allowed to come back from this and run again, and an attack like this must never happen again.

Fortunately, it does sound like a large percentage of these geniuses shared their official ID's, documentation and self-incriminating messages on Parler, which was evidently just breached, with its database fully downloaded and shared with the Feds. Not sure if that was Anonymous, but talk about the cavalry showing up at the right time!

Yep. A lot of the data that was mined off of Parler is already in the hands of the FBI which is why people who attended the attack are being put on No Fly Lists before they are formally charged.

Prokorov
RealGM

Post#497 » by Prokorov » Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:36 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

He's right.

gross.

There should have been a sea of body bags in that building. I don't give a damn, people can call me cruel but I KNOW if people who looked like me ran up in there and did that it would have been a death sentence.

The fact that these people are racist, white supremacists following a demagogue makes me even more inclined to say that they all should have been shot dead. There's one way to deal with nazis, and it isn't through discourse.

The problem is the majority (yes majority) of cops are either straight up white supremists, white supremist sympathizers. or overt racists. the KKK runs deep in the justice system. these cops are giddy when white stormed the capital. some probably wished they were off duty so they could attend themselves.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#498 » by Prokorov » Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:37 pm

CalamityX12 wrote:I'm disgusted and enraged like many of you....

This cannot go without consequences..

The fear of the realization that justice won't preserve has me heated more than the actual insurrection comitted

it needed to be fast and swift punishment...

it hasnt, and it just encourages more of this. FBI has already said they are plotting the same thing in all 50 states. it is a near certainty that some domocratic leaders will face assignation attempts. and 50/50 of a civil war
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#499 » by Prokorov » Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:40 pm

gigantes wrote:The point is-- multiple foundations have been laid down upon "Trump 2.0."

Yup... Trump was an open racist/white supremist

The next guy will be polished. tougher to spot. easier for the GOP to brush of claims as "conspiracies"

Image the damage trump could do if he was a smooth talking, handsome, well spoken president. he would get the same mob to support him and it would be tougher for opposition to oust him.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#500 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:42 pm

Prokorov wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

gross.

The problem is the majority (yes majority) of cops are either straight up white supremists, white supremist sympathizers. or overt racists. the KKK runs deep in the justice system. these cops are giddy when white stormed the capital. some probably wished they were off duty so they could attend themselves.

The worst was hearing about the Black cops who endured not only racist abuse from the terrorists (one cop said that he was called the N word at least 15 times), but the utter betrayal that they felt from Capitol Police leadership and their fellow white officers who were letting people in the doors and aiding them. That one Black cop who led an entire mob away from where the Senators were located is probably traumatized, he could have been killed.

Return to Brooklyn Nets