the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,673

Re: Fantasy Trade Thread: 2020 Offseason 

Post#841 » by the_process » Wed Jan 6, 2021 3:32 pm

76ciology wrote:
the_process wrote:
76ciology wrote:
A legit trade proposal to start a talk for Lavine would be something like..

Green, Thybulle, 2021 1st rounder, 2022 pick swap and 2023 1st rounder
^ looking at the Bulls perspective they’d want something more than what Pels got for Jrue

Lavine
Seth
Ben
Tobi
Biid

Off the bench:
Milton
Maxey

* if push comes to shove and you have to add more, you replace Thybulle with Maxey

The Jrue trade was artificially driven up by Milwaukee because they thought they might lose Giannis if they didn't. That doesn't set any realistic precedent, and if that's what the Bulls will be basing their expectations on, then the whole deal is DOA before it starts.

If you listen to windhorst, who talks with several nba executives, thats how he’d view trades.

If Lavine is worth more than Jrue then realistically, GMs would want more than what Pels got for Jrue.

And Lavine is not like Ben who’s an acquired taste, there should be several teams looking to add Lavine.

Again, if that's the case; the whole thing is DOA. That's far too high a price. Also Jrue is more valuable than LaVine.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,339

Post#842 » by 76ciology » Wed Jan 6, 2021 3:38 pm

the_process wrote:
76ciology wrote:
the_process wrote:
The Jrue trade was artificially driven up by Milwaukee because they thought they might lose Giannis if they didn't. That doesn't set any realistic precedent, and if that's what the Bulls will be basing their expectations on, then the whole deal is DOA before it starts.

If you listen to windhorst, who talks with several nba executives, thats how he’d view trades.

If Lavine is worth more than Jrue then realistically, GMs would want more than what Pels got for Jrue.

And Lavine is not like Ben who’s an acquired taste, there should be several teams looking to add Lavine.

Again, if that's the case; the whole thing is DOA. That's far too high a price. Also Jrue is more valuable than LaVine.

I think Lavine is more valuable than Jrue. He’s a 23-25ppg scorer on 57TS% and is just 25 years old. I even value him higher than Ben. A scorer like him is highly valued in today’s basketball.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
ProcessDoctor
General Manager
And1: 5,153

Post#843 » by ProcessDoctor » Wed Jan 6, 2021 8:19 pm

The alarming thing about LaVine is that his play has never impacted winning much. Through 8 games this season, he's at -1.2 BPM and 7th on the team (only including players who have played > 50 minutes) in terms of WS/48. 538, for those who think it's valuable, grades him out as an average starter.
2023-2024 Philadelphia 76ers:

Lowry/Melton/Payne
Maxey/Hield/Council
Oubre/Batum/Martin
Harris/Covington/Wilson
Embiid/Reed/Bamba
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,063

Post#844 » by Kobblehead » Thu Jan 7, 2021 3:08 pm

We're already a winning team so we're not really looking for a catalyst to become that.

If I'm a lottery team with a ton of picks looking to acquire a star, obviously I'm not going to cash in to get Zach Lavine and attempt to build a contender around him.

However, if I'm already a winning team, I'm really just looking for guys with the skillsets and proven production to help me get to that next level. Zach can dribble, shoot, pass and defend and is a proven 20+ ppg scorer. So that makes him an attractive piece to add to our situation.
Kobblehead
RealGM

Post#845 » by Kobblehead » Thu Jan 7, 2021 3:09 pm

Personally, I'd rather play the long game and make a smaller deal for Coby White. I think he's going to be unguardable in a couple of years.
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,665

Post#846 » by Negrodamus » Thu Jan 7, 2021 3:23 pm

If the Magic start to crap out, perhaps Terrence Ross will become available. Might be a bit expensive though.
Sportfan73
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,315

Post#847 » by Sportfan73 » Thu Jan 7, 2021 3:24 pm

Kobblehead wrote:Personally, I'd rather play the long game and make a smaller deal for Coby White. I think he's going to be unguardable in a couple of years.

I think he’s untouchable compared to Lavine
Sportfan73
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,315

Post#848 » by Sportfan73 » Thu Jan 7, 2021 3:28 pm

Kobblehead wrote:We're already a winning team so we're not really looking for a catalyst to become that.

If I'm a lottery team with a ton of picks looking to acquire a star, obviously I'm not going to cash in to get Zach Lavine and attempt to build a contender around him.

However, if I'm already a winning team, I'm really just looking for guys with the skillsets and proven production to help me get to that next level. Zach can dribble, shoot, pass and defend and is a proven 20+ ppg scorer. So that makes him an attractive piece to add to our situation.

As far as what’s out there/what we want to give up and remain a contender I think Zach is at least top 3 option. And if we’re keeping Tobias even one more year after this one we need to do something with greens expiring because help won’t be coming in the offseason that’s more than the MLE. Lavine makes way to much sense
Kobblehead
RealGM

Post#849 » by Kobblehead » Thu Jan 7, 2021 3:36 pm

I think DeRozan is my top choice, right now.

Spurs are under .500 yet again and they have Keldon Johnson producing and Devin Vassell in development on the wings. DeRozan is 31 and expiring so he's obviously not coming back.

I feel like there's a deal there to be had.

DeRozan can't shoot and is a worse defender than Lavine, but he's a far more dynamic scorer off the dribble and has a load of playoff experience.
ProcessDoctor
General Manager

Post#850 » by ProcessDoctor » Thu Jan 7, 2021 3:56 pm

Kobblehead wrote:We're already a winning team so we're not really looking for a catalyst to become that.

Totally agree he should be a target. I just don’t think he’s someone to break the bank for. I even question if swapping Harris for him right now makes us more of a legitimate contender or not.

Lowry/Melton/Payne
Maxey/Hield/Council
Oubre/Batum/Martin
Harris/Covington/Wilson
Embiid/Reed/Bamba
ProcessDoctor
General Manager

Post#851 » by ProcessDoctor » Thu Jan 7, 2021 6:40 pm

Harris, Green, Maxey, 2021 FRP, 2022 swap, 2023 FRP, 2024 swap <----> Harden, Tucker

Harden(34)/Milton(14)
Curry(28)/Milton(10)/Korkmaz(10)
Thybulle(28)/Tucker(14)/Korkmaz(6)
Simmons(34)/Tucker(14)
Embiid(30)/Howard(18)

Harden/Milton
Curry/Korkmaz/Joe
Thybulle/FA/Ferguson
Simmons/Tucker/Scott
Embiid/Howard/Bradley/Poirer

Lowry/Melton/Payne
Maxey/Hield/Council
Oubre/Batum/Martin
Harris/Covington/Wilson
Embiid/Reed/Bamba
51X3RF4N
Lead Assistant
And1: 935

Post#852 » by 51X3RF4N » Thu Jan 7, 2021 7:17 pm

ProcessDoctor wrote:

Totally agree he should be a target. I just don’t think he’s someone to break the bank for. I even question if swapping Harris for him right now makes us more of a legitimate contender or not.
The answer is yes. Harris, as well as he is playing right now, is still not a perimeter creation threat. LaVine over Harris in the current starting group, with Ben sliding to PF, makes the team way more competitive on both ends if you ask me.

I would love to get Thad Young back though as he is at least 6'8 and we would be down to Embiid/Simmons/Howard as our only 6'8+ players in the rotation.

But Chicago doesn't do the deal. They don't need or want Harris likely.

Now, you ask if they want Shake and Danny for LaVine and you may be onto something.

Shake replaces some of what LaVine does, but can also play off ball next to Coby. Danny starts and helps teach the youth. And expires.

Throw in some picks and from Chicago's point of view they got a bit of a lesser player in Shake, but for a fraction of the cost and for 1 year longer, and he's a few years younger than LaVine. They got picks, and they got $15M expiring.

For the Sixers they'd get a dynamic scoring option who fits seamlessly into the lineup over Danny Green, and they only have to give up Shake and a few picks. Maybe a 1st and a few 2nds. LaVine signs an extension and the Sixers have a legit 3 year window of maintaining the same 5 starters with depth in Maxey, Joe, Thybulle and Reed.

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app
Your Future Sixers

C- Embiid/?
PF- ?/?
SF- ?/?
SG- ?/?
PG- ?/?
youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,444

Post#853 » by youngcrev » Thu Jan 7, 2021 8:54 pm

51X3RF4N wrote:
ProcessDoctor wrote:

The answer is yes. Harris, as well as he is playing right now, is still not a perimeter creation threat. LaVine over Harris in the current starting group, with Ben sliding to PF, makes the team way more competitive on both ends if you ask me.

I would love to get Thad Young back though as he is at least 6'8 and we would be down to Embiid/Simmons/Howard as our only 6'8+ players in the rotation.

Now, you ask if they want Shake and Danny for LaVine and you may be onto something.

Shake replaces some of what LaVine does, but can also play off ball next to Coby. Danny starts and helps teach the youth. And expires.

Throw in some picks and from Chicago's point of view they got a bit of a lesser player in Shake, but for a fraction of the cost and for 1 year longer, and he's a few years younger than LaVine. They got picks, and they got $15M expiring.

For the Sixers they'd get a dynamic scoring option who fits seamlessly into the lineup over Danny Green, and they only have to give up Shake and a few picks. Maybe a 1st and a few 2nds. LaVine signs an extension and the Sixers have a legit 3 year window of maintaining the same 5 starters with depth in Maxey, Joe, Thybulle and Reed.

I get the offensive argument, but both ends? Not that Tobias is a good defender, but I think he's a better one than LaVine, and gives you the positional flexibility to to have Simmons guard whoever is necessary.
51X3RF4N
Lead Assistant
And1: 935

Post#854 » by 51X3RF4N » Thu Jan 7, 2021 9:47 pm

youngcrev wrote:
51X3RF4N wrote:
ProcessDoctor wrote:

I get the offensive argument, but both ends? Not that Tobias is a good defender, but I think he's a better one than LaVine, and gives you the positional flexibility to to have Simmons guard whoever is necessary.
If flexibility means Tobias guards the 3 or the 4, then LaVine guards the 1, 2 or 3 and still lets Ben roam. Difference being Ben is covering the 3 and 4 more often than other positions if Tobias isn't here. Either way, I don't see Tobias being dealt and if LaVine is a Sixer it means Danny and picks/youth went out in the trade.

Your Future Sixers

C- Embiid/?
PF- ?/?
SF- ?/?
SG- ?/?
PG- ?/?
youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,444

Post#855 » by youngcrev » Thu Jan 7, 2021 10:59 pm

51X3RF4N wrote:
youngcrev wrote:
51X3RF4N wrote:The answer is yes. Harris, as well as he is playing right now, is still not a perimeter creation threat. LaVine over Harris in the current starting group, with Ben sliding to PF, makes the team way more competitive on both ends if you ask me.

If flexibility means Tobias guards the 3 or the 4, then LaVine guards the 1, 2 or 3 and still lets Ben roam. Difference being Ben is covering the 3 and 4 more often than other positions if Tobias isn't here. Either way, I don't see Tobias being dealt and if LaVine is a Sixer it means Danny and picks/youth went out in the trade.

How would Ben be able to roam if you had nobody capable of defending 4s in the lineup besides him? And Lavine's more of a "we can hide him on a 1, 2 or 3" rather than feeling good about him defending those positions (and you also have Curry who you would feel that way about 1s and 2s).

Regardless, yeah, it's a pretty unlikely hypothetical.
PhillyPhilly
Bench Warmer
And1: 522

Post#856 » by PhillyPhilly » Sat Jan 9, 2021 11:27 am

I think we need another forward. Right now we have Tobias, Scott and Reed as true forward and maybe Kork. That's nowhere near enough imo. James Collins would be nice but swapping Matisse for Troy Brown is something i'd look into if i was EB and Morey.
Kobblehead
RealGM

Post#857 » by Kobblehead » Sat Jan 9, 2021 2:36 pm

I'm looking at Chandler Hutchison and seeing no spot for him with the Bulls when he gets back from isolation. He barely got minutes last year (18 mpg).

He's 6'7" 210 pounds and was a strong creator in college.

In the NBA, he's been mostly a defensive role player. He's got on-ball potential, untapped, as evident from his college video.

Could be a major steal of an acquisition.

the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,673

Post#858 » by the_process » Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:00 am

Wonder if the Bulls would do Thybulle for Hutchison and a 2nd?
ProcessDoctor
General Manager

Post#859 » by ProcessDoctor » Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:47 pm

Would you rather trade Simmons alone or Harris + Maxey for Harden? Serious question.

Lowry/Melton/Payne
Maxey/Hield/Council
Oubre/Batum/Martin
Harris/Covington/Wilson
Embiid/Reed/Bamba
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,339

Post#860 » by 76ciology » Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:18 pm

ProcessDoctor wrote:Would you rather trade Simmons alone or Harris + Maxey for Harden? Serious question.

Harris and Maxey.

Then i’ll trade Simmons for Beal or someone on that level.

You didnt see that coming huh?

Beal, Harden and Biid. Secure me for a championship now while being able to compete with Biid and Beal or someone on that level.

If I’m GM, I’ll be looking to trade Ben. With or without Harden.

Ben has more worth as an asset than as an player. He has reached that point IMO.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers