ImageImageImageImage

Assuming the Magic will not tank (at least not yet), what do you do now?

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

ucfmay2000
Junior
And1: 50

Re: Assuming the Magic will not tank (at least not yet), what do you do now? 

Post#41 » by ucfmay2000 » Thu Jan 7, 2021 11:06 pm

zaymon wrote:I liked Bone last year, he could be a solid backup. I know the trauma is fresh but i dont expect drop off without Fultz. He was in a major shooting slump and his defense was very bad this year. Right know we are mostly tough veteran team, i cant see us tanking unless we trade 3/4 of our roster.

Given our lineups i think the most sense make:
Anthony/Fournier/Ennis/Gordon/Vucevic
MCW/Ross/Bacon/Clark/Birch

The most balance between scoring, playmaking and defense.

Bone shoots much better than Fultz.
WCW is horrible shooter. He is a good D but not a shooter. Other teams let him shoot all night long.
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,788

Post#42 » by RookieStar » Thu Jan 7, 2021 11:38 pm

Yeah why not Bone? Let us see if we luck out and finally find that diamond in the rough.
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,366

Post#43 » by Bensational » Thu Jan 7, 2021 11:41 pm

Bone didn't look like anything special in his minutes last night. Very rudimentary on everything he does (especially the passes/playmaking). His first shot was a deep 2 a step inside the 3pt line which he made but also, it's the lowest efficiency shot in the game.
Furinkazan
General Manager
And1: 3,533

Post#44 » by Furinkazan » Fri Jan 8, 2021 12:23 am

Imo Bone was slowing down the game ...didn’t push the ball ....I dunno maybe that’s what coach told him ....just saying it was noticeable
What would I do?
Sign Lin probably or channel my inner Otis and trade for Skip 2 my Lou and bring this team to the finals ...
Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 24,151

Post#45 » by Knightro » Fri Jan 8, 2021 12:33 am

I'll believe this organization is willing to tank when they actually make a tanking move.

Until then, I think it's full steam ahead towards as many wins as possible. And that's a bad thing for all of us.
RookieStar
RealGM

Post#46 » by RookieStar » Fri Jan 8, 2021 12:34 am

Furinkazan wrote:Imo Bone was slowing down the game ...didn’t push the ball ....I dunno maybe that’s what coach told him ....just saying it was noticeable
What would I do?
Sign Lin probably or channel my inner Otis and trade for Skip 2 my Lou and bring this team to the finals ...

Yup im all in for signing Lin or any other hidden gems out there
RookieStar
RealGM

Post#47 » by RookieStar » Fri Jan 8, 2021 12:36 am

Knightro wrote:I'll believe this organization is willing to tank when they actually make a tanking move.

Until then, I think it's full steam ahead towards as many wins as possible. And that's a bad thing for all of us.

Yes but i think they already know with a rookie pg and a lot... and i mean a lot of injured players that even if we go all out to win.. we will still lose thus... tank
JF5
RealGM
And1: 3,864

Post#48 » by JF5 » Fri Jan 8, 2021 12:53 am

They need to let go/move on from the vets... I think the plan was to push for next year to compete but with these injuries to the young guys the development/ascension of these players is pushed back at least 2 years.

I'd Move Gordon/Vucevic/Fournier/Ross combination over to the Kings combination Bagley/Hield/Barnes and/or Future 1st. (Variation doesn't matter but Vucevic and Gordon and Bagley are the main pieces)

Then Hopefully attain a top 5 position in the draft and hope a go to scorer is in that range.

Going into 2021 season

Fultz/Anthony
Hield/Top 5-7 Pick
Top 5-7 Pick/Barnes/Okeke
Issac/Barnes/Okeke
Bagley/Birch
The Effect
Magic Forum Mock Draft Co-Champ
And1: 2,053

Post#49 » by The Effect » Fri Jan 8, 2021 1:05 am

I try to find a way to trade bamba and probably FUTURE 1st rounder for Devonte' Graham, let him start at PG, let cole continue to come off the bench

In this scenario we have a young, proven PG with star (not superstar) potential as insurance incase Fultz is out all of next year, or if he doesnt bounce back from this, and lets not forget that Weham wanted graham in the draft and missed him by 1 pick

Im sure im undervalueing him in that trade as i think bamba is a guy whos likely gonna be out of the league , but i think some form of this trade will probably be discussed
JF5
RealGM
And1: 3,864

Post#50 » by JF5 » Fri Jan 8, 2021 1:12 am

The Effect wrote:I try to find a way to trade bamba and probably FUTURE 1st rounder for Devonte' Graham, let him start at PG, let cole continue to come off the bench

In this scenario we have a young, proven PG with star (not superstar) potential as insurance incase Fultz is out all of next year, or if he doesnt bounce back from this, and lets not forget that Weham wanted graham in the draft and missed him by 1 pick

Im sure im undervalueing him in that trade as i think bamba is a guy whos likely gonna be out of the league , but i think some form of this trade will probably be discussed

Bamba's value is rock bottom right now... I can't see a team wanting his services.

Dennis Smith Jr. levels of bad...
MagicMatic
RealGM
And1: 12,830

Post#51 » by MagicMatic » Fri Jan 8, 2021 1:12 am

Do not find a band aid for a starting PG, at the expense of already limited assets, for a possible run at the playoffs.

Has nobody in this fan base learned that short term low bar aspirations have killed this franchise?
Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 24,151

Post#52 » by Knightro » Fri Jan 8, 2021 3:14 am

MagicMatic wrote:Do not find a band aid for a starting PG, at the expense of already limited assets, for a possible run at the playoffs.

Has nobody in this fan base learned that short term low bar aspirations have killed this franchise?

I don't think anyone really disagrees with you and if they do, it's a tiny number of people.

But until the Magic actually do something that could be considered any degree of selling, I think we can only assume they're going to trudge forward and try and win games.
Magicfanatic82
Junior
And1: 200

Post#53 » by Magicfanatic82 » Fri Jan 8, 2021 3:22 am

We might move a foward for a pg. Only way we tank is to naturally lose. Full teardown goes against everything this front office and coach has been building culture wise.
MagicFan101
RealGM
And1: 6,498

Post#54 » by MagicFan101 » Fri Jan 8, 2021 3:26 am

Honestly, if a team is willing to send us a 2021 first round pick + a young player for Vuc I say the time has come to pull the trigger. I assume this deal only comes from a contender so this is surely a non-lottery pick and that is fine.

Evan + AG should also be moved. Ross probably needs to be moved as well.

Cole + Bamba need to see heavy minutes.

Once Chuma returns he needs to play a significant role.

These guys needs to develop quick ... while losing as many games as possible.
MagicFan101
RealGM

Post#55 » by MagicFan101 » Fri Jan 8, 2021 3:37 am

Boston is the only top team I can think of in big need of an upgrade at C and might be willing to deal for Vuc.

Any others?
Kent
Veteran
And1: 1,172

Post#56 » by Kent » Fri Jan 8, 2021 3:39 am

As good as Fultz has been for us, his going down for the year won't break the season IMO.

His loss hurts, no question about it.

But Coach Clifford and the team will adjust.

The way the Magic had been playing, I saw this team (minus Isaac) getting as high as the sixth seed in the conference.

I don't think the team (as it looks today) does worse than 10th.

Assuming my projection of a sixth seed was possible without JI this year, if I'm WeHam, I stay the course, take a chance at the play-in and reload for next year — keeping options open for trades, etc.

Because I've bought in that the continuity and chemistry have really paid off, and that the culture is improving.

And dare I say it, these guys are getting used to winning and believing in themselves, and you can't buy, trade, or manufacture that.
Ryan Anderson = Pat Garrity 10.0
-LBPTarHeel27
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,366

Post#57 » by Bensational » Fri Jan 8, 2021 3:42 am

MagicFan101 wrote:Boston is the only top team I can think of in big need of an upgrade at C and might be willing to deal for Vuc.

Any others?

Toronto for sure. Vuc would fit them well offensively in a more involved role than Gasol was used, but be a bit of a liability they can afford to cover defensively.

They wouldn't give Siakam or Lowry, maybe FVV Or Anunoby? Or, Boucher + Powell + Flynn?
MagicFan101
RealGM

Post#58 » by MagicFan101 » Fri Jan 8, 2021 4:03 am

Bensational wrote:
MagicFan101 wrote:Boston is the only top team I can think of in big need of an upgrade at C and might be willing to deal for Vuc.

Any others?

Toronto for sure. Vuc would fit them well offensively in a more involved role than Gasol was used, but be a bit of a liability they can afford to cover defensively.

They wouldn't give Siakam or Lowry, maybe FVV Or Anunoby? Or, Boucher + Powell + Flynn?

Baynes (team option next year) + Powell + 2021 FRP

If Toronto calls and we are ready to tank we might have talk. We would have to wait until Baynes can be traded as he just signed.

But this gives us a Powell at SG for one year, a valuable draft pick and most importantly it helps us tank as Vuc alone wins us some games.
Furinkazan
General Manager
And1: 3,533

Post#59 » by Furinkazan » Fri Jan 8, 2021 7:49 am

Bensational wrote:

Any others?

Imo Hornets
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,223

Post#60 » by pepe1991 » Fri Jan 8, 2021 7:56 am

They will just pick up Mudiay and half of fanbase will be thrilled and write love lettery of future star and how brilliant he is.
As usual .
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon

Return to Orlando Magic