ImageImageImage

G9: Sixers @ Nets 730PM ET NBAonTNT

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Foshan, sixers hoops, Sixerscan

eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 10,790

Re: G9: Sixers @ Nets 730PM ET NBAonTNT 

Post#241 » by eyeatoma » Fri Jan 8, 2021 3:16 am

Black Mage wrote:I know Maxey is still at least a year away, but just watching him makes me think it could be a mistake giving him away as part of any trade. I'd rather sacrifice an extra first round pick or even two than give away a guy who looks like he's going to develop into a very good starter.
I saw Ben on him.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk
6ers83
Senior
And1: 195

Post#242 » by 6ers83 » Fri Jan 8, 2021 3:23 am

ProcessDoctor wrote:Sucks we cant rely on Simmons for any offensive production — no post-up game, meh at finishing, and definitely no face-up.

Love his athleticism, passing, and defensive but he can’t be our 2nd best player.

Really — he’s not even that good of a passer
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,666

Post#243 » by Negrodamus » Fri Jan 8, 2021 3:25 am

Like Ben a lot, but games like this (against tougher matchups) just solidifies that if we can get Harden for Simmons and a few picks, we should do it immediately.
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#244 » by eyeatoma » Fri Jan 8, 2021 3:29 am

Negrodamus wrote:Like Ben a lot, but games like this (against tougher matchups) just solidifies that if we can get Harden for Simmons and a few picks, we should do it immediately.
Yup!

joshuapending
Junior
And1: 101

Post#245 » by joshuapending » Fri Jan 8, 2021 3:32 am

Yeah Ben was just vomit today but some of those entry passes to him were ass as well. I really think this is a game you just need to wash from the memory and move on. Its seems like a lot of teams are having these really bad games or even blowouts this year. Just think back 2/3 games and people were falling over themselves about the potential.
Black Mage
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,580

Post#246 » by Black Mage » Fri Jan 8, 2021 3:36 am

We should have a pretty good handle on what this team is by next Thursday after going through Nugs, Hawks and Heat x2.
6ers83
Senior
And1: 195

Post#247 » by 6ers83 » Fri Jan 8, 2021 3:40 am

The more I’m thinking about it - this is actually a good thing that happened. it shows we R nowhere near the level of the Nets at full strength and DM will make some changes.
Arsenal
RealGM
And1: 10,098

Post#248 » by Arsenal » Fri Jan 8, 2021 3:42 am

6ers83 wrote:The more I’m thinking about it - this is actually a good thing that happened. it shows we R nowhere near the level of the Nets at full strength and DM will make some changes.

No it does not. Don’t overreact to just one game.
sixers hoops
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 3,056

Post#249 » by sixers hoops » Fri Jan 8, 2021 3:50 am

Negrodamus wrote:Like Ben a lot, but games like this (against tougher matchups) just solidifies that if we can get Harden for Simmons and a few picks, we should do it immediately.

I didn’t even really need this game. I love Ben but James Harden is a hall of fame player, and still at that level. I have a feeling Harden fits in with this group seamlessly, and has two to three star years left. We will be pairing a better than Iverson electric star with Embiid. Pushing the chips in for two to three years of Embiid-Harden, then they will both be washed after that.

I understand the risk of moving a 25 year old, under better contract for more years, all-star, all-defensive player with a unique skillset. Nevertheless, I have to think Embiid, Harden, Tobias, Seth, Shake, Dwight, Green, and a few other can compete. Might be nice to get another vet defensive wing with Ben gone and Thybulle not looking ready, but I think Harden is worth the risk.
Black Mage
Lead Assistant

Post#250 » by Black Mage » Fri Jan 8, 2021 3:52 am

sixers hoops wrote:

I didn’t even really need this game. I love Ben but James Harden is a hall of fame player, and still at that level. I have a feeling Harden fits in with this group seamlessly, and has two to three star years left. We will be pairing a better than Iverson electric star with Embiid. Pushing the chips in for two to three years of Embiid-Harden, then they will both be washed after that.

I understand the risk of moving a 25 year old, under better contract for more years, all-star, all-defensive player with a unique skillset. Nevertheless, I have to think Embiid, Harden, Tobias, Seth, Shake, Dwight, Green, and a few other can compete. Might be nice to get another vet defensive wing with Ben gone and Thybulle not looking ready, but I think Harden is worth the risk.

TBH, with the Embiid's diverse life values I could see him just retire after winning the first ring.
Openheimer
Sixth Man
And1: 1,100

Post#251 » by Openheimer » Fri Jan 8, 2021 3:52 am

Black Mage wrote:We should have a pretty good handle on what this team is by next Thursday after going through Nugs, Hawks and Heat x2.

The Hawks are playing terribly bad right now. Miami is up and down and the Nuggets are standing at 3 wins and 4 losses. This loss shows beating a hornets and the Wizards of the world was no big deal.
Black Mage
Lead Assistant

Post#252 » by Black Mage » Fri Jan 8, 2021 3:53 am

Openheimer wrote:
Black Mage wrote:We should have a pretty good handle on what this team is by next Thursday after going through Nugs, Hawks and Heat x2.

The Hawks are playing terribly bad right now. Miami is up and down and the Nuggets are standing at 3 wins and 4 losses. This loss shows beating a hornets and the Wizards of the world was on big deal

You kinda made my point. If we struggle with some or all of these teams even while they are down or struggling themselves it sends a clear message where we really stand.
joshuapending
Junior
And1: 101

Post#253 » by joshuapending » Fri Jan 8, 2021 4:00 am

Does it though? name a team that is travelling well so far this year? I think you would only really feel fine if you're the Lakers, everyone else has been up and down. Nets blew out the C's then lost to the Hawks. I think a Ben for Harden swap does make you better clearly in the short term but are you going to pay him the money he wants in 2 years (i think?) when his contract is up? Somehow i think the Denver will get it done for James.
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#254 » by eyeatoma » Fri Jan 8, 2021 4:02 am

Black Mage wrote:
sixers hoops wrote:

TBH, with the Embiid's diverse life values I could see him just retire after winning the first ring.

LOL what? Please elaborate? What diverse life values?
Black Mage
Lead Assistant

Post#255 » by Black Mage » Fri Jan 8, 2021 4:04 am

eyeatoma wrote:
Black Mage wrote:
sixers hoops wrote:

LOL what? Please elaborate? What diverse life values?

He has a lot of interests outside of basketball and he seems like the type that would value having his body not breakdown and leaving early than running it into the ground. I could see him seeing building a career off the court or focusing on his family as much as playing basketball into his 30's if he won a ring within the next year or so.
Negrodamus
RealGM

Post#256 » by Negrodamus » Fri Jan 8, 2021 4:31 am

Read on Twitter
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#257 » by eyeatoma » Fri Jan 8, 2021 4:31 am

Faaaaccckkkk!!!

Read on Twitter
?s=19

Mik317
RealGM
And1: 17,621

Post#258 » by Mik317 » Fri Jan 8, 2021 4:32 am

welp

somebody caught the vid
so lets use that as a reason we were playing like we were chugging nyquill
#NeverGonnaBeGood
Negrodamus
RealGM

Post#259 » by Negrodamus » Fri Jan 8, 2021 4:35 am

Maybe Kyrie knew and that's why he's not playing.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,339

Post#260 » by 76ciology » Fri Jan 8, 2021 4:54 am

Question is. Why did we play Biid and Ben when Kyrie and KD aren’t playing?
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers