ImageImageImageImageImage

GT: Sixers vs Nets - Thurs, 1/7/21 | 7:30pm EST | TNT / YES | 90’s Night

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,427

Re: GT: Sixers vs Nets - Thurs, 1/7/21 | 7:30pm EST | TNT / YES | 90’s Night 

Post#201 » by ecuhus1981 » Fri Jan 8, 2021 3:39 am

therealbig3 wrote:Allen with close to 30 rebounds in 1.5 games matched up with two of the top Cs in the league.

Embiid is an amazing player, he may very well go off in the 2nd half and abuse Allen for all we know, but so far, Allen has come a long way from being that kid that got rocked by Embiid for an entire playoff series a couple years ago. He's holding his own and actually outplaying two All-Star Cs in his last 2 games so far.

Definitely a great bounce back after getting abused by Capela and Collins.

I can look past getting outplayed by those 2, it's tough when you're the only big and both of them are crashing the glass.

My problem with Allen is, IF he's establishing himself as an elite C and wants the commensurate payday, you can't let tomato cans like Bismack Biyombo dominate you. Ever again.
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,814

Post#202 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Jan 8, 2021 3:42 am

Paradise wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
MGrand15 wrote:Headbang Joe was locked in today. Such a pro.

JA was amazing once again. Embiid didn't do ANYTHING inside. JA was battling all night. Loved that possession where he refused to let Dwight punk him. AND he got a tech for pushing Simmons. Who is this guy?

Total team effort. We just had control all game. Everyone contributed. Everyone played hard. Can't ask for anything else.

That game against Rudy was the light switch coming on. Did you see how he was banging with Embiid and Howard???

We better hope Joe Tsai's pockets will be okay this summer because he is going to have to pay some sweet luxury tax with that Alibaba cash

He remembered that elbow from Embiid. This is what I wanted to see tonight.

I thought that he was going to get into an altercation at least 3 times tonight. Embiid really didn't give af, he kind of got bitched once Allen started being aggressive but Dwight was definitely getting pissed :lol:
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#203 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Jan 8, 2021 3:43 am

ecuhus1981 wrote:
therealbig3 wrote:Allen with close to 30 rebounds in 1.5 games matched up with two of the top Cs in the league.

Embiid is an amazing player, he may very well go off in the 2nd half and abuse Allen for all we know, but so far, Allen has come a long way from being that kid that got rocked by Embiid for an entire playoff series a couple years ago. He's holding his own and actually outplaying two All-Star Cs in his last 2 games so far.

I can look past getting outplayed by those 2, it's tough when you're the only big and both of them are crashing the glass.

My problem with Allen is, IF he's establishing himself as an elite C and wants the commensurate payday, you can't let tomato cans like Bismack Biyombo dominate you. Ever again.

Well, let's see what happens. Allen looks like a different guy than the one who came off the bench versus those guys.

MGrand15
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,758

Post#204 » by MGrand15 » Fri Jan 8, 2021 3:45 am

therealbig3 wrote:
DarkXaero wrote:
therealbig3 wrote:Levert's passing was on point, and his overall decision-making was really good (I think only 1 TO)...but good god was that an awful shooting performance from him tonight. I honestly think his 2nd half was a bad enough shooting performance to turn what was on pace to be a great game into merely an above average one.

9-25 from the field, 4-10 from the line, 22 points. Credit to him though, he did hit some TOUGH shots around their bigs, and was drawing fouls, but it got really tense at the end there partly because he missed 4 straight FTs at one point.
He was like 2-10 FG, 0-4 from FT in the 2nd half, really poor stuff. I get that he has to look for his own shot too, but man, if only he could be efficient. He needs to get more comfortable scoring with the defender on his hip.

He's just an inconsistent shooter. He's like a 70% career FT shooter, he's not a great 3pt shooter, and he doesn't really have great touch...so he can be either really hot or really cold, and overall pretty average.

That in between game really needs some better consistency, but he's really getting the hang of getting a step on the defender, using his body as a shield, and getting a relatively clean look. Just needs to start getting a little more automatic with those shots now.

Yeah, I thought his decision making was actually pretty damn good today against an elite defense. Maybe took 2 or 3 bad shots. Just missed a ton of really good looks. His shot mechanics are just all over the place sometimes.

Would love better efficiency but as the lead option, I won't complain with 10 assists, 10 FTA, 7 rebounds, 2 steals, only 1 TO - +23. Big impact but the stat line isn't gonna look pretty if you miss all your shots outside the paint. Unlike the Memphis game, I thought he actually really kept the offense flowing.
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#205 » by Paradise » Fri Jan 8, 2021 3:46 am

ecuhus1981 wrote:

Agreed. I need to see him destroy JV and Dieng as well.

I know he definitely came into Utah and Philly with bulletin board material. Let’s see a consistent diet of it.
MGrand15
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,758

Post#206 » by MGrand15 » Fri Jan 8, 2021 3:48 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
Paradise wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
That game against Rudy was the light switch coming on. Did you see how he was banging with Embiid and Howard???

We better hope Joe Tsai's pockets will be okay this summer because he is going to have to pay some sweet luxury tax with that Alibaba cash

I thought that he was going to get into an altercation at least 3 times tonight. Embiid really didn't give af, he kind of got bitched once Allen started being aggressive but Dwight was definitely getting pissed :lol:

JA was definitely playing like he had the burner on him. Waiting for an altercation to start. Didn't back down at all :lol:

Tomorrow's another test with Jonas Valanciunas. Another one of his rivals.
Stone
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,466

Post#207 » by Stone » Fri Jan 8, 2021 4:07 am

Quick takeaways....

• Excellent communication from the beginning of the game and onward.

• We have to be more careful with those cross court passes. Too risky and has lead to TO's and easy buckets for our opponents.

* DJ gave us good quality minutes.

• Cheese had a knack for being in the right place at the right time tonight.

* Prince shot well got us some key steals and had a solid showing tonight.

• TLC played a really tough scrappy game tonight. He was all business tonight.

• Nash did a good job with subbing players out. It was good to see him cal that time out late in the forth quarter to make sure we were all on the same page. He has our guys playing with confidence.

• Joe did a little bit of everything and when we needed points he delivered. A true professional.

• Caris going to the hole with no fear, again tonight you could see it in his body language.

• Big Jay had another amazing performance. We are watching his game grow right before our eyes. He outplayed an early MVP candidate Embiid tonight. The footwork the passing. He is not afraid to mix it up with the biggest and strongest guys in the league. He was a DOG tonight.
The man who sleeps on the floor can never fall out of bed........Martin Lawrence
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,235

Post#208 » by Papi_swav » Fri Jan 8, 2021 4:17 am

Great game ! Philly looked so drained and tired, maybe because of the back to back but whatever I'll take it. That dude Shake Milton can ball. Levert played the right way, being aggressive and taking charge the whole game. Allen balled out, Joe Harris balled out as well. Jeff Green and Prince also did a great job. This was a TEAM effort. Now what the heck happened to Kyrie? I think we'll be able to beat Memphis without Kyrie if we play like this again
Papi_swav
General Manager

Post#209 » by Papi_swav » Fri Jan 8, 2021 4:26 am

Hello Brooklyn wrote:Theres so many times Levert gets to the rim and has a great look and it just slides off the rim. IDK what hes doing wrong but he needs to fix it.

Yes this happens so many times even tonight. He almost had that nice AND1 and it just rolled in and out . I know he shot 9-25 and it looks bad on the box score but about 3 of those were easy shots he usually makes. I think sometimes he just gets to excited or he just goes to strong probably thinking he has to shoot thru contact but ends up having an open miss layup IDK but he does need to fix that. At least he played well today despite the bad shooting numbers and got inside the paint where good things happened.
Papi_swav
General Manager

Post#210 » by Papi_swav » Fri Jan 8, 2021 4:28 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:What are the chances Kyrie plays tomorrow?

No clue what's up with him. We need him tomorrow

I read somewhere that he's not traveling with the team to play Memphis so it looks like we're going to have to do this without him. I think we can beat the Grizzlies without him especially if we played how we played tonight. They have no Morant so we should keep it close at least. Going to be tough on a back to back
Khashbaatar
Junior
And1: 164

Post#211 » by Khashbaatar » Fri Jan 8, 2021 4:36 am

Tomorrow's game should be postponed
Read on Twitter
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#212 » by CalamityX12 » Fri Jan 8, 2021 5:19 am

Unbelievable
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
Paradise

Post#213 » by Paradise » Fri Jan 8, 2021 5:44 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
Paradise wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

I’d be a terrible assistant coach. I would be showing him clips of that elbow in the playoffs and Embiid laughing it off every time he went to the bench lol
Paradise

Post#214 » by Paradise » Fri Jan 8, 2021 5:46 am

Khashbaatar wrote:Tomorrow's game should be postponed
Read on Twitter

I think that was Kyrie. Good lord. SMFH.
Paradise

Post#215 » by Paradise » Fri Jan 8, 2021 5:49 am

Seth Curry tests positive during Sixers-Nets game.

Read on Twitter
Paradise

Post#216 » by Paradise » Fri Jan 8, 2021 5:59 am

Read on Twitter
NetsJets
Starter
And1: 658

Post#217 » by NetsJets » Fri Jan 8, 2021 7:31 am

Great win without KD or Kyrie. Allen continues to improve great game from him and he held his own against Embiid and Dwight. Caris was solid wish he would’ve shot it better in the 2nd half. Joe Harris was great, played solid defense, ran the floor and shot the 3 ball well. TLC and Prince both provided energy and hit some timely shots whenever Philly were making their runs. Chiozza needs more minutes regularly imo. I wasn’t expecting us to win this game but I’m glad they proved me wrong. On to Memphis.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#218 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Jan 8, 2021 12:04 pm

Paradise wrote:
Read on Twitter

The NBA is veering into NFL territory.

The Nets should be sent home to quarantine. The Sixers could have infected our whole team.

This is great. Things start to turn around and all of a sudden this happens. And what is going on with Kyrie? Is he protesting the Jacob Blake ruling?

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#219 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Jan 8, 2021 12:21 pm

Did the NBA know that Seth was positive BEFORE tip? If so, this is really bad.

Curns13
Pro Prospect
And1: 267

Post#220 » by Curns13 » Fri Jan 8, 2021 12:21 pm

therealbig3 wrote:
DarkXaero wrote:This TNT commentary is something else...

Weber just called Prince "Carroll" :rofl:

Webber sucks.

But would never watch another commenting team anyway when Ian Eagle is calling for us lol.

He did it a bunch of times. They didn’t have someone in his ear? DeMarre hasn’t played with us for 2 years.

Return to Brooklyn Nets