Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,006

Re: Wolves season watch thread for the 2021 pick 

Post#181 » by FNQ » Wed Jan 6, 2021 4:47 am

PharmD wrote:
killmongrel wrote:I'm just laughing at how done a lot of Wolves fans are at DLO already.

He was really good tonight!

Good enough that i'm back on board.

Still unlikely that we win a game without Towns but still.

He really took over that 2nd Q.. and I dont think it was really his doing, but he really **** up my DFS play of Jamal Murray (guess lightning really wont strike twice)

Still if I was to pick anyone off your roster right now excluding KAT, gimme that Vanderbilt kid. Reminds me of JTA, just a lot of hustle, scrap, and defense. Yall should hang onto him
Little Digger
Head Coach
And1: 2,710

Post#182 » by Little Digger » Wed Jan 6, 2021 4:55 am

Will someday else please notice that Anthony Edwards never goes for a rebound..I’m the only one who has ever paid attention ..he once went 2 1/2 games in college without one until a ball finally fell in his lap.

The dude is Uber athletic and built like a brick sh*thouse...unbelievable that nobody has ever commented on it besides me.. how do bums like him and Michael Olowokandi go #1 overall ?
ILOVEIT—Good 'ol Bob. Two things that will survive the next apocalypse - Cockroaches and Fitz.
Commodor
Analyst
And1: 957

Post#183 » by Commodor » Wed Jan 6, 2021 5:53 am

Little Digger wrote:Will someday else please notice that Anthony Edwards never goes for a rebound..I’m the only one who has ever paid attention ..he once went 2 1/2 games in college without one until a ball finally fell in his lap.

The dude is Uber athletic and built like a brick sh*thouse...unbelievable that nobody has ever commented on it besides me.. how do bums like him and Michael Olowokandi go #1 overall ?

I haven’t watched him play much but that’s always been a big knock on Klay by people who don’t watch. Sometimes what coaches ask for don’t help with that much. Klay guards perimeter players and shoots 3s. Usually not a lot of boards out there.

No idea if that applies to Edwards though.
Little Digger
Head Coach

Post#184 » by Little Digger » Wed Jan 6, 2021 5:57 am

You should try watching games ..I’ll reply only because you kind of called me out despite having no clue what you’re talking about

Edwards never moves without the ball, very lazy defender, never ever goes for a rebound, shoots poorly from the perimeter.. but extremely athletic and strong..

He’s nothing at all like Klay in any way..and unlike Klay, he absolutely should be a top SG rebounder
ILOVEIT—Good 'ol Bob. Two things that will survive the next apocalypse - Cockroaches and Fitz.
ChuckDurn
Assistant Coach
And1: 789

Post#185 » by ChuckDurn » Wed Jan 6, 2021 6:46 am

Little Digger wrote:You should try watching games ..I’ll reply only because you kind of called me out despite having no clue what you’re talking about

Edwards never moves without the ball, very lazy defender, never ever goes for a rebound, shoots poorly from the perimeter.. but extremely athletic and strong..

He’s nothing at all like Klay in any way..and unlike Klay, he absolutely should be a top SG rebounder

At the risk of getting in the midst of it, in reading Commodor’s comment, I don’t think he was talking about you.

He was simply saying that the coaching scheme can sometimes account for a player not getting rebounds, as is the case with Klay, but that he didn’t know if it applies with Edwards. It’s easy for people to make a conclusion by looking at a box score rather than the game, and was just using Klay/rebounds as an example. You had never talked about Klay, so I’m pretty certain it was a general comment rather than directed at you.
If I don't have anything funny to say, can I still have a signature?
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#186 » by FNQ » Wed Jan 6, 2021 7:30 am

Little Digger wrote:Will someday else please notice that Anthony Edwards never goes for a rebound..I’m the only one who has ever paid attention ..he once went 2 1/2 games in college without one until a ball finally fell in his lap.

I watched 3.5 quarters of that game and entirely forgot they drafted a player with the #1 pick
DevinVassell
Bench Warmer
And1: 850

Post#187 » by DevinVassell » Wed Jan 6, 2021 9:00 am

Joker took over in the 2nd half.

I just had to throw $100 on him (@$34) last week for MVP. If the Nuggets have a decent record he is a shoe in imo. Looks the fittest he has ever been and just killing it. Down to $12 now.

Not sure what I will buy.
vagelis
Starter
And1: 794

Post#188 » by vagelis » Wed Jan 6, 2021 10:20 pm

Just watched some highlights from the first picks of 2021 and nobody seems impressive enough for me.
I have the feeling that Lamelo, Wiseman and Edwards seemed more impressive in their highlights comparing to the first picks of 2021(Suggs seems good ok).
I wonder if it would be a good choice to trade the pick for Okongwu plus something from Atlanta.
I will watch the 2021 class again during the season, maybe I am wrong. I didn't pay much attention
Little Digger
Head Coach

Post#189 » by Little Digger » Wed Jan 6, 2021 10:33 pm

“Edwards seemed impressive” demonstrates just how useless highlight videos can be
Ilovethebay
Senior
And1: 166

Post#190 » by Ilovethebay » Wed Jan 6, 2021 10:34 pm

vagelis wrote:Just watched some highlights from the first picks of 2021 and nobody seems impressive enough for me.
I have the feeling that Lamelo, Wiseman and Edwards seemed more impressive in their highlights comparing to the first picks of 2021(Suggs seems good ok).
I wonder if it would be a good choice to trade the pick for Okongwu plus something from Atlanta.
I will watch the 2021 class again during the season, maybe I am wrong. I didn't pay much attention

I like this idea and line of thinking. Mobley is the only guy that excites me in the 2021 class. The other prospects are good but they are years away from making a difference imho. Okongwu wouldn't be my first choice though, I'd see if we can pry Okoro or Haliburton first.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#191 » by Mylie10 » Wed Jan 6, 2021 11:52 pm

You guys would not get the GM job. There are guys definitely better than Edwards and Ball.

The fact that you aren’t valuing Mobley tells me all I need to know about your evaluations. And both Cade and Suggs will help teams immediately. Suggs is shooting something like 46% from 3 as well as being a great point guard.

Just sit back and wait for the real evaluators to tell you who we should pick once we know where the picks lie
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
mos_def
Sixth Man
And1: 277

Post#192 » by mos_def » Thu Jan 7, 2021 12:11 am

Mylie10 wrote:You guys would not get the GM job. There are guys definitely better than Edwards and Ball.

The fact that you aren’t valuing Mobley tells me all I need to know about your evaluations. And both Cade and Suggs will help teams immediately. Suggs is shooting something like 46% from 3 as well as being a great point guard.

Just sit back and wait for the real evaluators to tell you who we should pick once we know where the picks lie

Suggs i like. Don't know about the Jason Kidd comps I see. His wingspan scares me at the NBA level. It probably makes him a good shooter but his lack of wingspan is going to hurt on defense. I like him more than Cade tho
Dubnation2020
Ballboy
And1: 5

Post#193 » by Dubnation2020 » Thu Jan 7, 2021 12:30 am

mos_def wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:You guys would not get the GM job. There are guys definitely better than Edwards and Ball.

Suggs i like. Don't know about the Jason Kidd comps I see. His wingspan scares me at the NBA level. It probably makes him a good shooter but his lack of wingspan is going to hurt on defense. I like him more than Cade tho

I love Cade, especially for the Warriors... a big point guard, who can shoot and score with high IQ... Suggs is good as well... Mobley should be a stud... I think Cade and Mobley go 1 and 2, so we wont be getting either one of those players unless we totally stink ourselves and get a top-2 pick again.
Rudruff
Junior
And1: 120

Post#194 » by Rudruff » Thu Jan 7, 2021 1:06 am

So is it technically achievable for the Warriors to be a six seed and keep their pick, win the title, and then get the #1 and #4 picks in the lottery?

Asking for a friend . . .
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#195 » by FNQ » Thu Jan 7, 2021 1:16 am

His decision-making is just brutal though... USC?
Ilovethebay
Senior
And1: 166

Post#196 » by Ilovethebay » Thu Jan 7, 2021 1:23 am

All the mocks I see have the guys you mentioned going in the top 3. Mobley is the only one that may be available at 4. I’ll take this years 4-11 guys over next years any day of the week. :nod:
mos_def
Sixth Man
And1: 277

Post#197 » by mos_def » Thu Jan 7, 2021 1:34 am

Ilovethebay wrote:

All the mocks I see have the guys you mentioned going in the top 3. Mobley is the only one that may be available at 4. I’ll take this years 4-11 guys over next years any day of the week. :nod:

I'll be fine with Jalen green lol
killmongrel
Veteran
And1: 1,291

Post#198 » by killmongrel » Fri Jan 8, 2021 4:52 am

I just want to slather that Minny pick all over my body.
ChuckDurn
Assistant Coach
And1: 789

Post#199 » by ChuckDurn » Fri Jan 8, 2021 5:46 am

Rudruff wrote:So is it technically achievable for the Warriors to be a six seed and keep their pick, win the title, and then get the #1 and #4 picks in the lottery?

Asking for a friend . . .

No.

The Minnesota pick is top-3 protected, so we can’t get the #1 pick from them...... thus, the #4 pick would have to be the Minnesota pick.

The only way we could get the #1 pick is if we’re in the lottery, meaning we weren’t the 6th seed.

Now, I’m not sure exactly where the cut-off is for the lottery anymore, considering that the #9 and #10 teams in each conference now have an opportunity to get into the playoffs. If #9 and #10 still end up in the lottery even if they win play-in games and make it to the playoffs (does anybody know for sure?), then theoretically a team could end up the #9 (or #10), play into the playoffs, with the title, and end up with the #1 pick if they get insanely lucky in the lottery. But it couldn’t happen with a #6 seed, because that team absolutely misses the lottery.
If I don't have anything funny to say, can I still have a signature?
Quazza
Head Coach
And1: 1,727

Post#200 » by Quazza » Fri Jan 8, 2021 5:47 am

unsurprisingly, Dame lit D-Lo UP!

29 mins, for 39 points on 13/21 shooting, 7 3s, 7 boards, 7 assists, 3 steals, 1 TO

never change D-Lo <3
KevinMcreynolds wrote:BIG DICK BOB DOIN WORK

KGdaBom wrote:You can go back and read every post I made. Never said one bad thing about one person until Coxy came up with his Vagiclean comment

Return to Golden State Warriors