Read on Twitter
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
And1: 6,484

Re: Game 8 : Denver Nuggets (3-4) vs Dallas Mavericks (3-4) - 10:00 PM 

Post#2 » by THE J0KER » Thu Jan 7, 2021 9:04 pm

Read on Twitter

Unfortunately, NBA revokes yesterday's decision about MPJ, so his quarantine is prolonged for an extra day, so he will not play tonight. Porzingis will not play for Mavs, so Nuggets are still favorites, but not bold favorites to win this game. I hope Malone will switch minutes between Green and Barton with Green playing 30+ and Barton 20+, not opposite. Harris is a player in the worst form since the start of the season (Barton's problem is not bad shape but he is just a bad fit for Denver's offense), but this is the perfect matchup for him to show up defending Doncic. When 6'1 Jalen Brunson playing Malone should use Campazzo.

Doncic has a slow start, but in the last two games he is 27-15-7 and 33-16-11, so we need Jokic in MVP mode and bubble-Murray to win this.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Post#3 » by NuggetsWY » Thu Jan 7, 2021 10:28 pm

It seems like a good game for Malone to switch some playing time around - see what we've got. Maybe giving more minutes to a few people will motivate them more. Some of our guys some to have trouble with their motivation - sometimes.

Jokic - Hartenstein (give Hartenstein some minutes)
Green - Millsap (try starting Green to see how that works - he probably won't play major minutes, but that's okay)
Dozier - Barton (haven't you wondered about Dozer playing SF? with Jokic?)
Murray - Barton
Morris - Campazzo

We might learn something and I still think we can win this game either way.
Timmyyy
Junior
And1: 375

Post#4 » by Timmyyy » Fri Jan 8, 2021 4:23 am

First time Nuggets are playing good defense and the bench is playing good. Don't think it is a coincidence that this happens today when Malone limited the 4 guard lineup playing time. Hartenstein plus Green is a good combo on D.

On a side note MPJ at least additional 10 days? What the heck?
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets

Post#5 » by THE J0KER » Fri Jan 8, 2021 4:33 am

Defensively this is the best Nuggets' 1st half of the season. We limited the famous Luka-Mavs offense to just 43 points.

Unfortunately, Jokic has the worst shooting half this season with 3-12 so the difference is not in double digits, but I like he continues to shooting despite misses, so the biggest concern about Nikola is 3 fouls in 1st half again. Murray was fantastic in the 1st quarter but passive in the 2nd. Barton played only 2 minutes in 1st because of early 2 fouls, maybe that is connected with Murray's ups and downs in the 1st half, but Barton's game seems better adjusted to the Nuggets system than usual, focused on defense.

Harris was good against Doncic, as I expected.
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,252

Post#6 » by skywalker33 » Fri Jan 8, 2021 4:35 am

Boban seems to always have good games against Jokic, we really need to acquire him.
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
Timmyyy
Junior

Post#7 » by Timmyyy » Fri Jan 8, 2021 4:57 am

Timmyyy wrote:First time Nuggets are playing good defense and the bench is playing good. Don't think it is a coincidence that this happens today when Malone limited the 4 guard lineup playing time. Hartenstein plus Green is a good combo on D.

Seems fitting that we have our worst stretch of the game with the 4 guard lineup in the third now. Right after everybody saw in the first half how good we can be without it. Please, Malone! It is obvious by now.
Timmyyy
Junior

Post#8 » by Timmyyy » Fri Jan 8, 2021 5:50 am

Timmyyy wrote:
Timmyyy wrote:First time Nuggets are playing good defense and the bench is playing good. Don't think it is a coincidence that this happens today when Malone limited the 4 guard lineup playing time. Hartenstein plus Green is a good combo on D.

Seems fitting that we have our worst stretch of the game with the 4 guard lineup in the third now. Right after everybody saw in the first half how good we can be without it. Please, Malone! It is obvious by now.
Good idea to all of a sudden play it in OT too. Applause for that one...
U hova
Pro Prospect
And1: 481

Post#9 » by U hova » Fri Jan 8, 2021 5:58 am

Wish we won
wasted that Jokic game tying shot.
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,252

Post#10 » by skywalker33 » Fri Jan 8, 2021 6:06 am

Well, there's a missed opportunity. Millsap and Barton both sucked, and with the news about MPJ, our F situation is a bit bleak. Green needs to start and we need to see Bol and/or Zeke PERIOD.
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Post#11 » by The Rebel » Fri Jan 8, 2021 6:10 am

I understand why Millsap was benched late in the 4th and overtime, I do not understand why green was not put back in, that 4 guard lineup cost us another game.

Harris picking up the 4th and 5th foul really limited his effectiveness against Doncic but he did a really good job for the 1st 3 quarters. Those 4th and 5th fouls would not have been such a big deal if Harris had actually fouled him, but I guess Doncic is a star despite Jokic being the more established and better player.

Why no Campazzo? He has been a difference maker, and I am sure he would have been wound up considering him and Doncic are close and were former teammates.
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets

Post#12 » by THE J0KER » Fri Jan 8, 2021 6:26 am

Every OT loss is painful.

I'm happy and proud of Jokic's new attitudes. He started the game with 2-11 shooting but unlike previous years he continued to shoot again and again and finished the game with 14-31, that is what (super)stars supposed to do. But I'm confused by Murray's passivity. He scored 15 out of Nuggets' first 30 points, but just 6 in the rest of the game!? He has 9 assists together with 21 points, which is a good game overall, but with Porter out, Jokic and Murray must be aggressive the whole game, just like Jokic was today.

Harris played great defense in 1st half on Doncic, but not so much in the rest of the game partly thanks to foul troubles, but he was also efficient today in the offense, so this is an overall good game for him. The other player we complaining about the most this season, Will Barton, didn't have a negative impact like some other days, but I don't understand why he played 34 minutes while Green 18 (still managed to have more points and rebounds than Barton).

BTW I don't understand why for Wall, Cousins, and Durant 7 days of quarantine is enough, but for Porter, it is at least 17 days!?
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Post#13 » by The Rebel » Fri Jan 8, 2021 6:29 am

THE J0KER wrote:
BTW I don't understand why for Wall, Cousins, and Durant 7 days of quarantine is enough, but for Porter, it is at least 17 days!?

10-14 days screams that he tested positive. the CDC has said if you test positive you have to isolate for 10 days, and many of the state governments have continued to try to force the 14 days quarantine. Those other guys had just been around someone that tested positive, as MPJ was originally.
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets

Post#14 » by THE J0KER » Fri Jan 8, 2021 6:57 am

The Rebel wrote:
THE J0KER wrote:

10-14 days screams that he tested positive. the CDC has said if you test positive you have to isolate for 10 days, and many of the state governments have continued to try to force the 14 days quarantine. Those other guys had just been around someone that tested positive, as MPJ was originally.
That makes sense, but still nobody says that Porter's test was positive. Seth Curry is found positive yesterday and today it was news already without these protocol/quarantine phrases.

U hova
Pro Prospect
And1: 481

Post#15 » by U hova » Fri Jan 8, 2021 6:59 am

Seth Curry's case was news because they were being dumb and let him onto the court before checking his test results

By the way did I mention that it was dumb of them to do that?
eathb_au
Analyst
And1: 1,115

Post#16 » by eathb_au » Fri Jan 8, 2021 9:20 am

Our roster is just not very good... Pretty flat downgrade across the board especially with MPJ not available, Harris and Barton being a shell of themselves.

Jokic and Murray are also going to burn out with the minutes they're playing
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Post#17 » by NuggetsWY » Fri Jan 8, 2021 12:42 pm

skywalker33 wrote:Boban seems to always have good games against Jokic, we really need to acquire him.

I would actually love that.
eathb_au wrote:Our roster is just not very good... Pretty flat downgrade across the board especially with MPJ not available, Harris and Barton being a shell of themselves.

Jokic and Murray are also going to burn out with the minutes they're playing

I'm not concerned about minutes for Jokic & Murray. They both seem to do fine with excessive minutes. Although excessive minutes for a full season? You could be right.

*** Nuggets reverted to ISO ball too many times.

IMO the most significant stat in any Nuggets' game is Jokic's assists. If he doesn't get assists, the Nuggets are playing ISO ball. Sure, he had 38 points, but the strength of the Nuggets is not Jokic's scoring.

On the positive side, Harris had a decent game - finally. He's had a few, let's hope he can maintain games like this. I'm not going to criticize his defense on Doncic; sometimes the great players just have one of those games.

Have you ever looked for proof that +/- is not always a good stat? Millsap was the only starter with a positive game. In fact, Murray, Barton, Harris all had double digits on the minus side. The eye test and the rest of the stats say that Millsap had an absolutely ineffective game --- of course that's just my opinion. But 1-6 shooting with 5 boards is not enough for a starting PF and he has too many of those games.

In 10 minutes less than Millsap played, Green was 4-10 shooting, including 2-6 from three. He had nine rebounds. That's what we need from our power forward.
Mickey8
Head Coach
And1: 5,142

Post#18 » by Mickey8 » Fri Jan 8, 2021 12:57 pm

This team is beyond pathetic right now , its unbelievable that they can't make any stop , it seemed to me that Dallas have scored on almost every position since 3 minutes left in the third quarter until the end of the game :banghead: This team need a shock therapy until is too late and that means coaching changes immediately . Also its ridiculous how the league is trying to shovel Doncic down to our throats and those morons commentators are paid to hype him like he's the second coming of Jesus , that bs call on Garry Harris when he didn't touch him on the three point shot was ridiculous , and on the instant replay a moron Grant Hill was repeating how Doncic have drawn the contact :crazy: From that play Dallas took complete control of the game, Doncic is the most protected player in the league, its sad.
Riko
Rookie
And1: 685

Post#19 » by Riko » Fri Jan 8, 2021 10:04 pm

This one is on Malone, so right now we are 3-5 and we have 1 on Malone, 1 on Harris and 1 on Barton.
Jokic should be pissed off like hell (besides his awful free throw).

Return to Denver Nuggets