Rookie Play, Highlights & Discussion

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Who are your top 3?

Anthony
4%
Ball
34%
Bey
4%
Edwards
18%
Haliburton
24%
Okoro
1%
Quickley
10%
Tate
1%
Williams
2%
Wiseman
4%

Total votes: 735

ROballer
General Manager
And1: 2,750

Re: Rookie Watch - try to put rookie talk here..and video highlight for people to see 

Post#701 » by ROballer » Thu Jan 7, 2021 8:03 am

Senor Chang wrote:Hilarious how people said his jumpshot looked ugly and wouldn't translate to the NBA. I think he's the best rookie right now.

.485% from 3 on 4.5 attempts
.666% TS
7.0 Ast/to ratio
4 total turnovers in 169 mins played thus far, 28 assists.

This guy needs starting minutes and a higher usage. He's earned it.
Steve Nash injures his back while carrying bags

Slava wrote:I pulled a hammy while fapping. I won't make fun of Nash.
deltarich87
Ballboy
And1: 26

Re: Rookie Watch - try to put rookie talk here..and video highlight for people to see 

Post#702 » by deltarich87 » Thu Jan 7, 2021 8:24 am

ROballer wrote:
Senor Chang wrote:Hilarious how people said his jumpshot looked ugly and wouldn't translate to the NBA. I think he's the best rookie right now.

.666% TS
7.0 Ast/to ratio

And one of those 4 was him slipping on a wet spot on the court and getting called for a travel. His BBall IQ is off the charts and any time he's on the court he makes players around him better.

Really is time to make him a starter next to Fox where both their skillsets can really play well off one another. Just gotta make sure to stagger them so one of them is always on the court to run the offense because the last 2 games with Haliburton out, any time Fox went to the bench the offense became a complete disaster
FlatearthZorro
RealGM
And1: 11,900

Post#703 » by FlatearthZorro » Thu Jan 7, 2021 11:45 am

City of Trees wrote:Haliburton stat line tonight:

17 pts
7 reb
6 ast
3 Stl
1 blk
0 turnovers
W

Fox went down early with a hammy so Haliburton started the 2nd half.

F you, Kings.. Danny should've looked for a way to consolidate. :( :( Happy for you tho.. :lol:
Good assessment:

PLO wrote:Tatum played OK - took advantage of a few mismatches - decent on the defensive end. He is what we thought he was going into the season - a technically very proficient player operating close to his career ceiling as a rookie.
RIPskaterdude
RealGM
And1: 36,467

Post#704 » by RIPskaterdude » Thu Jan 7, 2021 4:53 pm

deltarich87 wrote:
ROballer wrote:

.666% TS
7.0 Ast/to ratio

And one of those 4 was him slipping on a wet spot on the court and getting called for a travel. His BBall IQ is off the charts and any time he's on the court he makes players around him better.

Really is time to make him a starter next to Fox where both their skillsets can really play well off one another. Just gotta make sure to stagger them so one of them is always on the court to run the offense because the last 2 games with Haliburton out, any time Fox went to the bench the offense became a complete disaster
Another was Buddy passing him the ball at the end of a game as the shot clock expired
DroseReturnChi
RealGM
And1: 3,142

Post#706 » by DroseReturnChi » Thu Jan 7, 2021 5:38 pm

ROballer wrote:

.666% TS
7.0 Ast/to ratio

he will win roy if he plays 35mins and get 15 shots which I have been clamoring for. Well deserved as top 3 sucks compared to him
Still not trading pw for him bc he is also elite two way player and has better tools/more polished mid range.
Hali is basically a guard version of Draymond but we will see how his frail build stand up in his career.
Wish AK got a 2nd lottery and trade Lauri for him if he wasnt getting resigned.
Doncic will be goat. Lauri will be his sidekick.
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 5,172

Post#707 » by Marcus » Thu Jan 7, 2021 6:57 pm

RIPskaterdude wrote:
deltarich87 wrote:
ROballer wrote:
.666% TS
7.0 Ast/to ratio

Another was Buddy passing him the ball at the end of a game as the shot clock expired

Hilarious video btw. Hali tried running from it.
Watch More Basketball

Sometimes silence is the best thing you can contribute to a conversation

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
matt6715
Veteran
And1: 2,797

Post#708 » by matt6715 » Thu Jan 7, 2021 8:08 pm

Han Solo wrote:Bey with 20 points, 11 rebounds, 3 assists, and 6 threes in 24 mins.

Mavs drafting Josh Green when Saddiq Bey was sitting there is still unforgiveable to me.
BlazersBroncos
RealGM
And1: 7,871

Post#709 » by BlazersBroncos » Thu Jan 7, 2021 9:24 pm

Mavs drafting Josh Green when Saddiq Bey was sitting there is still unforgiveable to me.

But it does make sense. Green projects as a guy who can guard the SG spot, whereas Bey doesnt have the footspeed to guard many SG's. You cant have Luka guard PG or SG on the other end or he gets burnt. They took the guy who seemed to be a better fit long term in a starting lineup with Luka IMO.

As for Hali, man is he a player. I was bullish on his shot, thought it was low and slow for NBA speed / length. But some guys can just play, and he is one of them. Doesnt matter how he shoots it, he is a basketball savant who just manages a way. A Fox / Hali guard duo will be fun. Dont want to seem like a hater, but I would have loved to see him end up on a playoff team since IMO he would be a contributor this season and I would love to see him tested in that environment. I would wage he doesnt skip a beat when the games really count.
Roger Murdock
RealGM
And1: 4,624

Post#710 » by Roger Murdock » Fri Jan 8, 2021 2:02 am

Okoro is a ridiculous defender
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Post#711 » by City of Trees » Fri Jan 8, 2021 2:02 am

Han Solo wrote:Bey with 20 points, 11 rebounds, 3 assists, and 6 threes in 24 mins.

His 3 ball is looking NICE. 46% on 6 attempts per game.
Roger Murdock
RealGM
And1: 4,624

Post#712 » by Roger Murdock » Fri Jan 8, 2021 3:17 am

The last 3-4 possessions by Okoro won the Cavs the game. Hes special on defense. I think hes got all-d potential as soon as 2022.
Sactowndog
Kings Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 1,706

Post#713 » by Sactowndog » Fri Jan 8, 2021 5:02 am

I think this class is going to be better than many thought. In my opinion Hali is the Kings best player already.
DroseReturnChi
RealGM
And1: 3,142

Post#714 » by DroseReturnChi » Fri Jan 8, 2021 6:02 am

Sactowndog wrote:I think this class is going to be better than many thought. In my opinion Hali is the Kings best player already.

yep. at least yr 1, he will be the best player unless kings are idiots giving him 20 minutes.
I was gonna trash him for going 1-10 but 4th qtr crunch time single handledly destroyed Lavine&White played like a 10yr vet.
most of his competition either suck efficiency wise or cant get the minutes they deserve so its pretty much free pass.
detroit, knicks, and spurs need to reevaluate their scouting since many viewed Hali as no worse than a top 7 pick although it is understandable why a top 5 lottery team wouldnt draft him bc of his age, awkard form.
Due to his draft position (12), he is guaranteed to be the biggest steal even if PW or Wiseman end up having better careers.
No excuse for not buying a late lottery in a draft everyone wants out and now this guy will cost like 3 unprotected picks.
Doncic will be goat. Lauri will be his sidekick.
Leslie Forman
RealGM
And1: 6,300

Post#715 » by Leslie Forman » Fri Jan 8, 2021 6:13 am

Am I the only one here who's just very…whelmed by James Wiseman and wondering why people who watch basketball in 2021 are so amazed?
God Squad
RealGM
And1: 10,164

Post#716 » by God Squad » Fri Jan 8, 2021 6:43 am

Leslie Forman wrote:Am I the only one here who's just very…whelmed by James Wiseman and wondering why people who watch basketball in 2021 are so amazed?

So far I don't like Wiseman or Edwards and think Deni, Pwill, and Ball and outplaying them.
INKtastic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,967

Post#717 » by INKtastic » Fri Jan 8, 2021 6:45 am

Okoro helping the Cavs vault from bottom of the league to top 3 in the league in defense. Among other plays, he had this block tonight

Edit: Cavs have #1 defense this year, were #29, #30, #29 the prior 3 seasons.

Read on Twitter

http://www.inktastic.com/ Custom T-Shirts and more
YouthMovement
General Manager
And1: 4,756

Post#718 » by YouthMovement » Fri Jan 8, 2021 8:28 am

HardenToSixers wrote:
cgf wrote:
Patsfan1081 wrote:
Makes four buckets, one assist, and one rebound and now he’s ROY :lol: He’s looked good for a late pick but I get amazed that no one learns from overhyping these kids off of one game. Prob because they can just disappear and not post anything if they crap out..... :noway:

That was from his 1st game back from injury; in his 2nd game back (tonight) he put up 16 pts in 19 minutes shooting 4-7 (2-3 on 3s + 6-6 FT) with 2 rebounds, an assist, a steal & a block...which is why we are excited right now.

And it's not like his shooting is some abberation.

I watched the game. I thought he looked good. I just was replying to the quicksanity thing lol. and knicks fans just do this every year (remember Allonzo Trier?)

but yes, the young fella looked good and I liked him giving Trae a taste of his own medicine getting the foul on the 3. hope he keeps it up.

lol at the idea that only knicks fans overhype their young players
BadWolf
General Manager
And1: 3,238

Post#719 » by BadWolf » Fri Jan 8, 2021 8:54 am

Rookie high for Edwards, mostly garbage time, but that's more or less all Timberwolves do these days.
vagelis
Starter
And1: 794

Post#720 » by vagelis » Fri Jan 8, 2021 12:41 pm

So many good players in this draft. I wonder how it was evaluated as a weak draft.
Edwards, Lamelo, Haliburton,Wiseman are really good

Return to The General Board