Image ImageImage Image

NBA Trade Thread #2

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

gobullschi
Veteran
And1: 899

Re: Lauri trade for Bagley 

Post#1581 » by gobullschi » Thu Jan 7, 2021 7:34 pm

Magic beans wrote:
gobullschi wrote:I’d do WCJ for Bagley.

Lauri is light years ahead of Bagley, who still has a long way to go development wise. The size and athleticism are all there, but his BBIQ is below average.

No it’s not the right move. WCJ and Bagley games are too similar. Would need some one who shoots from the perimeter at a much higher percentage to compliment WCJ game.

And I’m no Laurie fan believe me...

I’m confused. I didn’t say WCJ and Bagley would be paired.
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 15,703

Post#1582 » by dougthonus » Thu Jan 7, 2021 7:35 pm

I haven't watched Bagley at all outside of last night's game where he actually looked pretty good at times, but it's not an unreasonable trade if you aren't going to keep Lauri long term. If you were going to keep Lauri long term, you should have extended him before the deadline because its going to be more expensive in the summer or he won't be a guy worth keeping.

In that case though, Bagley wouldn't be my first choice at all. He's not a good roster fit in terms of positions of need and you are only a year away before having to extend him too, so its not like you're seriously resetting to some long term value. I'd rather get a mid round 1st than Bagley most likely if I were to trade Lauri.
http://linktr.ee/bullsbeat - links to the bullsbeat podcast
@doug_thonus on twitter
Leslie Forman
RealGM
And1: 6,300

Post#1583 » by Leslie Forman » Thu Jan 7, 2021 7:40 pm

Black holes with poor IQ who are huge defensive liabilities and have added nothing to their games since college?

Magic beans
Sophomore
And1: 51

Post#1584 » by Magic beans » Thu Jan 7, 2021 7:41 pm

gobullschi wrote:
Magic beans wrote:
gobullschi wrote:I’d do WCJ for Bagley.

Lauri is light years ahead of Bagley, who still has a long way to go development wise. The size and athleticism are all there, but his BBIQ is below average.

No it’s not the right move. WCJ and Bagley games are too similar. Would need some one who shoots from the perimeter at a much higher percentage to compliment WCJ game.

And I’m no Laurie fan believe me...

I’m confused. I didn’t say WCJ and Bagley would be paired.

Ah, apologies mis read. My bad man.
FranchisePlayer
Sixth Man
And1: 598

Post#1585 » by FranchisePlayer » Thu Jan 7, 2021 8:03 pm

Leslie Forman wrote:Black holes with poor IQ who are huge defensive liabilities and have added nothing to their games since college?

Better to trade Porter for Bagley or better alone just hand over Porter to them. Addition by subtraction.
MrSparkle wrote:I don't see a scenario here or there where Lauri becomes the "7-pick we thought he could be." If you remove his 3P ability, he's worse than Felicio by a mile.

12/2/2022
I like the quote- it makes me chuckle. And it was/is pretty much true.
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,641

Post#1586 » by sco » Thu Jan 7, 2021 8:09 pm

This is another "it depends" point. If we're talking about at the deadline, it will depend on how Lauri plays. If Lauri can stay healthy and ball out like he did so far, I'm inclined to see what kind of deal we could resign Lauri to, but if he suffers a reversion to the mean or gets injured again, I'm inclined to sell Lauri for whatever we can get at the deadline (which in that case would be a very late 1st or another underperforming guy on a rookie deal like Bagley, if we're lucky).
:clap:
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 32,338

Post#1587 » by fleet » Thu Jan 7, 2021 8:47 pm

That’s what trade threads are for, pondering these queries.
Brad Biggs wrote:Fields was in the bottom third of the league in too many key statistical metrics for the Bears to commit to the idea of trading down from the first pick for a bundle of future assets and then building around him.
Southpaw
Sixth Man
And1: 763

Re: NBA Trade Thread #2 

Post#1588 » by Southpaw » Fri Jan 8, 2021 2:44 am

dpucane wrote:
Southpaw wrote:
dpucane wrote:Hypothetical Warriors-go-all-in framework.

I still have no idea how good GMs value Zach so this could be too much or too little. Just focusing on getting good picks here.

Warriors get:

Lavine
Otto
Thad
Sato
Gafford

Bulls get:

Wiggins
Oubre
Biyombo
Looney
'21 MN 1st
'21 CHA 1st

Hornets get:

Wiseman

Maybe not enough from the Bulls or maybe too much. Really depends on how much Ws believe in Zach being able to move the ball and contribute defensively

I drank too much espresso and really needed to type something ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sent from my SM-G986U1 using RealGM mobile app

I'd just cut CHA on that deal and keep Wiseman. Min 1st and Wiseman is great haul for what we're sending out.
I'm not convinced Wiseman is an elite prospect but CHA apparently loved him.

Would rather have a lottery pick in 21

Sent from my SM-G986U1 using RealGM mobile app

Maybe I'm higher than most on Wiseman. I like what I've seen so far and I think he'll be a special player down the road.
sco
RealGM

Post#1589 » by sco » Fri Jan 8, 2021 5:25 pm

ZOMG wrote:Trouble brewing in Atlanta. They've lost 4 of their last 5 and now this.

This is the problem with betting on yourself in a team that suddenly has a wealth of talent. It’s hard to stand out, particularly as a non ball handling big man.

It would be easy to draw parallels between this and Lauri's situation, but remember that Collins turned down a $90 million deal because he wants the max.

Read on Twitter

Yeah, sign me up for Collins in a deal for Lauri or Otto as main piece.
sco
RealGM

Post#1590 » by sco » Fri Jan 8, 2021 5:33 pm

I wonder if Orlando might bite on Sato/Kornet or Felicio for Bamba/Aminu. I still think Bamba has upside, and it'd be worth losing Sato to find out. Aminu, is on the books for $10M next year and, if he can come back healthy, is a decent bench PF.
Kukoc-Lauri
Bench Warmer
And1: 414

Post#1591 » by Kukoc-Lauri » Fri Jan 8, 2021 7:06 pm

Otto Porter for James Johnson and Tyler Terry. Terry is unproven, but imo this is best for Porter you can get, maybe Dallas throw second rounder.
Kukoc-Lauri
Bench Warmer

Post#1592 » by Kukoc-Lauri » Fri Jan 8, 2021 7:09 pm

Porter and Young for Dinwidde, Prince and Kurcus.
gobullschi
Veteran

Post#1593 » by gobullschi » Fri Jan 8, 2021 7:25 pm

Chicago Receives:
Andre Drummond
Darius Garland

Cleveland Receives:
Otto Porter Jr.
Wendell Carter Jr.
2021 2nd (CHI)

Bulls get half a season to see how Drummond fits with the roster and exchange underperforming young players. Not sure if it’s enough value for Cleveland, but if they know Drummond isn’t going to re-sign with them, they can replace him with WCJ. They don’t need Garland with Sexton balling out.

Coby White / Tomas Satoransky / Darius Garland
Zach LaVine / Garrett Temple
Patrick Williams / Chandler Hutchison
Lauri Markkanen / Thaddeus Young
Andre Drummond / Daniel Gafford
Andi Obst
General Manager
And1: 6,530

Post#1594 » by Andi Obst » Fri Jan 8, 2021 7:29 pm

gobullschi wrote:Chicago Receives:
Andre Drummond
Darius Garland

Cleveland Receives:
Otto Porter Jr.
Wendell Carter Jr.
2021 2nd (CHI)

Bulls get half a season to see how Drummond fits with the roster and exchange underperforming young players. Not sure if it’s enough value for Cleveland, but if they know Drummond isn’t going to re-sign with them, they can replace him with WCJ. They don’t need Garland with Sexton balling out.

The Cavs absolutely need Garland because Sexton is allergic to passing (to be fair, he’s still much better than I ever thought he could be). Garland has taken a big step in the right direction. They’re not doing this.

From the Bulls perspective I would just really not want Drummond under any circumstances, please.
...formerly known as Little Nathan.

jc23 wrote:the fate of humanity rides on Chicago winning this game.
gobullschi
Veteran

Post#1595 » by gobullschi » Fri Jan 8, 2021 7:37 pm

Little Nathan wrote:
gobullschi wrote:Chicago Receives:
Andre Drummond
Darius Garland

Cleveland Receives:
Otto Porter Jr.
Wendell Carter Jr.
2021 2nd (CHI)

The Cavs absolutely need Garland because Sexton is allergic to passing (to be fair, he’s still much better than I ever thought he could be). Garland has taken a big step in the right direction. They’re not doing this.

From the Bulls perspective I would just really not want Drummond under any circumstances, please.

Do you like WCJ more than Drummond?

Bulls need to use their cap space on someone next offseason. Sadly, Drummond might be the best player available. Bulls could use his rebounding and when teams go small, Bulls can just move Markkanen to center. It’s not ideal - but the options are limited.
MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,065

Post#1596 » by MrSparkle » Fri Jan 8, 2021 7:46 pm

Man, I don’t mean to sound like one of those RealGM guys, but if Bulls trade for Drummond ... I’m done!
gobullschi
Veteran

Post#1597 » by gobullschi » Fri Jan 8, 2021 7:56 pm

MrSparkle wrote:Man, I don’t mean to sound like one of those RealGM guys, but if Bulls trade for Drummond ... I’m done!

Can you explain? I haven’t seen much of Drummond, but from the little I did, I remember him being an absolute monster rebounding the basketball.
Andi Obst
General Manager
And1: 6,530

Post#1598 » by Andi Obst » Fri Jan 8, 2021 8:02 pm

gobullschi wrote:Do you like WCJ more than Drummond?

In a vacuum? Probably not, but both are no difference-makers so it’s whatever.

Considering contract situation? Yes, give me WCJ for now. If it doesn’t work out with him, get someone you don’t have to overpay.

gobullschi wrote:Bulls need to use their cap space on someone next offseason.

Pretty sure the CBA doesn’t force teams to overpay mediocre players.
...formerly known as Little Nathan.

jc23 wrote:the fate of humanity rides on Chicago winning this game.
gobullschi
Veteran

Post#1599 » by gobullschi » Fri Jan 8, 2021 8:15 pm

Little Nathan wrote:
gobullschi wrote:
gobullschi wrote:Bulls need to use their cap space on someone next offseason.

Pretty sure the CBA doesn’t force teams to overpay mediocre players.

True. But the Bulls will never have more cap space available than this off season. It’s going to be really hard for the new front office to have close to 60 million in cap space and ‘fail’ to sign any of the top free agents.

I wish there were better free agents available, but unfortunately, a lot of guys have already signed extensions.

Are there other players you prefer in free agency? Or what should the Bulls do with all that cap? Save it for next year? But for who?
Kukoc-Lauri
Bench Warmer

Post#1600 » by Kukoc-Lauri » Fri Jan 8, 2021 11:29 pm

Take expiring bad deals for draft capital as main trade partner or third team. I would sign Jarett Allen 3/45, Andre Igoudala 2/10, Patty Mills 1/6,5, Gary Trent Jr. 3/60, take flier on Dj Wilson, Shittu,Vonleh,maybe Troy Brown Jr. If Markkanen is not resigned i would offer John Collins 4/96.

Return to Chicago Bulls