ImageImage

Fake Trade Thread #3

Moderators: JDR720, Diop, fatlever, yosemiteben, BigSlam

JMAC3
General Manager
And1: 4,157

Re: Fake Trade Thread #3 

Post#681 » by JMAC3 » Fri Jan 8, 2021 8:18 pm

James Gatz wrote:Melo would be the center piece of any Harden deal.

Even Melo + Graham + PJ + Miles + multi 1st isn't likley better than they would get elsewhere

I disagree with that, but that is just me. I wouldn't deal Melo.

In baseball when a team makes a trade they don't just get the top prospect regardless of what the trade is. It is who can offer the best prospects and package.

It is like saying if Celtics want to trade for an all-star then Tatum has to be included. or had to be included in years past. That was never happening and no team that has a Tatum, Ball, Morant or Trae Young is never dealing them.
Big Board
1. Vontae Mack no matter what!!
James Gatz
Veteran
And1: 693

Post#682 » by James Gatz » Fri Jan 8, 2021 8:30 pm

JMAC3 wrote:

Even Melo + Graham + PJ + Miles + multi 1st isn't likley better than they would get elsewhere

In baseball when a team makes a trade they don't just get the top prospect regardless of what the trade is. It is who can offer the best prospects and package.

It is like saying if Celtics want to trade for an all-star then Tatum has to be included. or had to be included in years past. That was never happening and no team that has a Tatum, Ball, Morant or Trae Young is never dealing them.

I wouldn't move LaMelo for Harden but Rockets would want something large back for a guy with 2 years and is a former MVP. LaMelo is the only piece that would start a deal. Thus I don't think it's really an option for us.
JMAC3
General Manager

Post#683 » by JMAC3 » Fri Jan 8, 2021 8:50 pm

James Gatz wrote:
JMAC3 wrote:

I wouldn't move LaMelo for Harden but Rockets would want something large back for a guy with 2 years and is a former MVP. LaMelo is the only piece that would start a deal. Thus I don't think it's really an option for us.

Ehhh... I disagree. I do not think anyone is giving up anything near as valuable as LaMelo for Harden. The deal supposedly proposed for Nets is Allen, LeVert, Dinwiddie and late Brooklyn Firsts. I would not even consider trading LaMelo for any of those assets and no other GM with half a brain would either.

I hope Simmons puts out his Trade Value column at some point later in the year.
Big Board
JMAC3
General Manager

Post#684 » by JMAC3 » Fri Jan 8, 2021 9:02 pm

JMAC3 wrote:
James Gatz wrote:
JMAC3 wrote:

Ehhh... I disagree. I do not think anyone is giving up anything near as valuable as LaMelo for Harden. The deal supposedly proposed for Nets is Allen, LeVert, Dinwiddie and late Brooklyn Firsts. I would not even consider trading LaMelo for any of those assets and no other GM with half a brain would either.

Best young players dealt in a superstar trade:

Derrick Favors- 3rd pick for Dwill
Brandon Ingram and Lonzo for Davis at beginning of prime. At the time of deal I think LaMelo has a higher value then either of those guys. Also, he gets to team with Bron.
Andrew Wiggins for Klove. Gets to team up with Bron.
Dennis Smith as part of deal for KP.
Sabonis for PG. Sabonis was an unknown and showed very little.
Lavine for Butler.
SGA for PG.

Wiggins a the time of the deal had most value probably, but I do not think any of the other guys were considered top 5-10 prospects when their team involved them in the deal. Granted some have turned out, but it was not including a potential stud at the time.
Big Board
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,536

Post#685 » by HornetJail » Fri Jan 8, 2021 9:11 pm

we just don't have the pieces to trade for Harden and field a decent team that could interest him enough to re-sign past the end of next season.
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
JMAC3
General Manager

Post#686 » by JMAC3 » Fri Jan 8, 2021 9:36 pm

KEMBAtheMETEOR wrote:we just don't have the pieces to trade for Harden and field a decent team that could interest him enough to re-sign past the end of next season.

Yeah, I don't think it will happen, just was curious about the idea of it and wanted to see it thought out some.
Big Board
luciano-davidwesley
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,247

Post#687 » by luciano-davidwesley » Fri Jan 8, 2021 10:00 pm

I'd much rather stick with what we've got than trade for 31 year old Statty Isoball McPaddington of the Rockets. He's not going to win a championship with his selfish style as a number 1 option.
JMAC3
General Manager

Post#688 » by JMAC3 » Fri Jan 8, 2021 10:24 pm

luciano-davidwesley wrote:I'd much rather stick with what we've got than trade for 31 year old Statty Isoball McPaddington of the Rockets. He's not going to win a championship with his selfish style as a number 1 option.

Yeah, if Devin Booker doesn't win the West yet me suck because he can't win with Chris Paul and Ayton. GTFO here haha.

Harden would be the best player ever to wear a Hornets jersey, but I can get when people don't like his playing style. Still doesn't change he is one of the best players in the last decade.
Big Board
James Gatz
Veteran

Post#689 » by James Gatz » Sat Jan 9, 2021 1:18 am

JMAC3 wrote:
James Gatz wrote:
JMAC3 wrote:

I wasn't referring to the Nets. If Ben Simmons is available he's a better package.
SWedd523
RealGM
And1: 5,168

Post#690 » by SWedd523 » Sat Jan 9, 2021 2:45 am

There is likely zero trade package the hornets could put together to get Harden

Even if there was, it would 100% include Lamelo or it would be no deal

Either way, it makes absolutely zero sense to trade for Harden because any (1 in a million) deal that brings him in would completely gut the roster and you'd be left with Harden, Hayward, and a whole bunch of trash

Which isn't going to win anything
Which means you pay him and Hayward a ton of money for no reason
Which means Harden will pout even more
Which means he'll walk at first opportunity or demand a trade
Which means he leaves and you have a gutted roster for no reason whatsoever

Just no
vtime
Rookie
And1: 245

Post#691 » by vtime » Sat Jan 9, 2021 2:31 pm

Bridges and Monk for Bagley? I think Melo would unlock his full potential and Bridges and Monk are just stuck in a numbers game here.
Soul Rebel
Senior
And1: 372

Post#692 » by Soul Rebel » Sat Jan 9, 2021 5:16 pm

I'd really like to see about bringing Bagley III over. 21 years old and locked up through the end of next year. Not sure what it would take but we need some athletic help inside to help LaMelo, as well as let PJ get back to his game.
LofJ
RealGM
And1: 10,519

Post#693 » by LofJ » Sat Jan 9, 2021 5:43 pm

Bagley makes MLE money, has been really bad, and has requested a trade. It wouldn't cost a lot to acquire him.
Stoolie
Ballboy
And1: 2

Post#694 » by Stoolie » Sat Jan 9, 2021 6:37 pm

LofJ wrote:Bagley makes MLE money, has been really bad, and has requested a trade. It wouldn't cost a lot to acquire him.

I don't absolutely hate it, I just think if you're spending resources on center you need a bigger upgrade than Bagley.
JMAC3
General Manager

Post#695 » by JMAC3 » Sat Jan 9, 2021 7:08 pm

My biggest thing with Bagley, is where does he fit? He is a PF for the Kings and when they drafted him Vlade saw him being able to play some SF too. They have surrounded him with pure centers in Holmes/Whiteside.

He is more of a finesse, quick leaper who would struggle with the same issues that PJ does on defensive end guarding true bigs. So if he shows to be a PF only that really creates a logjam with PJ, Bridges and Him. He also is not an elite rebounder or shot blocker which is our biggest issues.

I would rather see what a deal for JoVal looks like, they lack exciting scoring guards to play next to Ja. Maybe Monk would be somewhat interesting to them, or possibly Rozier.

Not sure for what he will cost he is a great fit for why we are looking to improve our front court.
Big Board
DY_nasty
General Manager
And1: 4,946

Post#696 » by DY_nasty » Sat Jan 9, 2021 9:13 pm

JMAC3 wrote:My biggest thing with Bagley, is where does he fit? He is a PF for the Kings and when they drafted him Vlade saw him being able to play some SF too. They have surrounded him with pure centers in Holmes/Whiteside.

He is more of a finesse, quick leaper who would struggle with the same issues that PJ does on defensive end guarding true bigs. So if he shows to be a PF only that really creates a logjam with PJ, Bridges and Him. He also is not an elite rebounder or shot blocker which is our biggest issues.

I would rather see what a deal for JoVal looks like, they lack exciting scoring guards to play next to Ja. Maybe Monk would be somewhat interesting to them, or possibly Rozier.

Not sure for what he will cost he is a great fit for why we are looking to improve our front court.

he isn't 6'7 for starters

can't call a gaggle of disappointment and lowered expectations that play out of position a logjam either. bagley's stock is dropping so as a low risk/high reward type of look it doesn't really get that much better. i think he's finally (?) played 82 total games in the league? the fact that sacramento even allows him to look like damaged goods at this point is just further indicative of the fact they're one of the few orgs worse than the hornets.

don't know why you'd look at a 10 year guy that's slower than a potato as someone to pair with lamelo. i'm not against any improvement to the front court but the guy is due 14+ mil for this season and next.
amcoolio
Hornets Forum John Hancock
And1: 9,233

Post#697 » by amcoolio » Sat Jan 9, 2021 9:35 pm

I'm willing to give Bagley the benefit of the doubt because Luke Walton is one of the worst coaches in NBA history and has no idea how to use players
I don't support domestic violence. Thanks Miles
James Gatz
Veteran

Post#698 » by James Gatz » Sat Jan 9, 2021 10:40 pm

It's worth noting he makes $20 mil over the next two seasons which is basically MLE money. He's on a rookie deal but it's an expensive one.

I'd personally be fine with Bagley in the right deal but wouldn't want to give up anything of great value.
LofJ
RealGM
And1: 10,519

Post#699 » by LofJ » Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:47 am

I'd offer the Kings Monk and McDaniels, take it or leave it.
Chapelchilla
Bench Warmer
And1: 867

Post#700 » by Chapelchilla » Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:51 pm

Definitely wouldn’t trade Bridges for Bagley, Bridges is the better player. Monk and McDaniels sure, I can get with that, even add a 2nd rounder.

Return to Charlotte Hornets