ImageImageImageImage

Aaron Gordon and Terrence Ross join Klutch Sports Group

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 23,903

Aaron Gordon and Terrence Ross join Klutch Sports Group 

Post#1 » by Knightro » Fri Jan 8, 2021 3:31 pm

Read on Twitter
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,119

Re: Aaron Gordon and Terrence Ross join Klutch Sports Group 

Post#2 » by pepe1991 » Fri Jan 8, 2021 3:54 pm

It's worst kept secret in basketball that Gordon will sign for California team once he becomes UFA.
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
Tarheel
Sixth Man
And1: 759

Post#3 » by Tarheel » Fri Jan 8, 2021 4:29 pm

Looking forward to watching them both play for the Lakers next year
MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,088

Post#4 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Fri Jan 8, 2021 4:30 pm

pepe1991 wrote:It's worst kept secret in basketball that Gordon will sign for California team once he becomes UFA.

AG will force a trade West IMO
A scoring guard.. never heard of one. :roll:
OrlMagic05
Sixth Man
And1: 1,062

Post#5 » by OrlMagic05 » Fri Jan 8, 2021 4:53 pm

Am I missing something? I feel like AG is the type of player that actually would stay in Orlando. Even his Music producer is from Orlando. Seems like he really loves the city.
MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,088

Post#6 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Fri Jan 8, 2021 4:59 pm

OrlMagic05 wrote:Am I missing something? I feel like AG is the type of player that actually would stay in Orlando. Even his Music producer is from Orlando. Seems like he really loves the city.

AG is from the West Coast and Klutch is never a good sign
A scoring guard.. never heard of one. :roll:
OrlandO
RealGM
And1: 16,421

Post#7 » by OrlandO » Fri Jan 8, 2021 5:51 pm

pepe1991 wrote:It's worst kept secret in basketball that Gordon will sign for California team once he becomes UFA.

That's been the safe bet for a couple years. I don't think he dislikes the magic or orlando, but simply he's a california lifer through and through and would very obviously love to play and live there. From his personality to hobbies to business interests to women he has California/west coast written all over him. He literally has "Cali" tattooed on his body. Thinking he has a future here is a losing bet at this point. Really should have been traded last summer, but must be traded no later than next summer.
MagicMatic
RealGM
And1: 12,662

Post#8 » by MagicMatic » Fri Jan 8, 2021 5:59 pm

Gross.

Maybe this means LA is interested in them?
thelead
RealGM
And1: 25,200

Post#9 » by thelead » Fri Jan 8, 2021 6:52 pm

OrlandO wrote:

That's been the safe bet for a couple years. I don't think he dislikes the magic or orlando, but simply he's a california lifer through and through and would very obviously love to play and live there. From his personality to hobbies to business interests to women he has California/west coast written all over him. He literally has "Cali" tattooed on his body. Thinking he has a future here is a losing bet at this point. Really should have been traded last summer, but must be traded no later than next summer.

That is the only reason why I'm ready to trade him. Of all magic players during this rebuild, he seems to be the likeliest to jump ship when he gets the chance.
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,572

Post#10 » by basketballRob » Fri Jan 8, 2021 7:14 pm

thelead wrote:
OrlandO wrote:

That is the only reason why I'm ready to trade him. Of all magic players during this rebuild, he seems to be the likeliest to jump ship when he gets the chance.
AG probably has more power on where he goes now. Rich Paul has has so many NBA players now that we can't risk ruining our relationship.

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM mobile app
Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 23,903

Post#11 » by Knightro » Fri Jan 8, 2021 7:20 pm

I think the Lakers would be more interested in Ross than Gordon tbh.
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,572

Post#12 » by basketballRob » Fri Jan 8, 2021 7:30 pm

Knightro wrote:I think the Lakers would be more interested in Ross than Gordon tbh.
Ross would probably put any contending team over the top.

RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,599

Post#13 » by RookieStar » Fri Jan 8, 2021 9:34 pm

Sooooo.... Tross going to LA? When does his contract expire?
Kent
Veteran
And1: 1,160

Post#14 » by Kent » Fri Jan 8, 2021 10:26 pm

I may be making too much of this, but there are countless examples of AG and T-Ross repping Magic apparel outside of formal team functions.

At the very least, it's obvious they dig this team's history and fashion, for lack of a better word.

I get the sense that AG believes he can still be "the man" here, and that seems like enough of a reason to stick around versus being a complimentary player elsewhere.

I also believe Ross sees this team as his best fit.

But that's just me.
Ryan Anderson = Pat Garrity 10.0
-LBPTarHeel27
EasternMagic
RealGM
And1: 1,154

Post#15 » by EasternMagic » Sat Jan 9, 2021 5:34 am

basketballRob wrote:
thelead wrote:
OrlandO wrote:That's been the safe bet for a couple years. I don't think he dislikes the magic or orlando, but simply he's a california lifer through and through and would very obviously love to play and live there. From his personality to hobbies to business interests to women he has California/west coast written all over him. He literally has "Cali" tattooed on his body. Thinking he has a future here is a losing bet at this point. Really should have been traded last summer, but must be traded no later than next summer.

AG probably has more power on where he goes now. Rich Paul has has so many NBA players now that we can't risk ruining our relationship.

He's got a lot of Philly players. Some in Charlotte, Minnesota, San Antonio, Cleveland, Portland. It's not just LA.
thelead
RealGM
And1: 25,200

Post#16 » by thelead » Sat Jan 9, 2021 5:38 am

Kent wrote:I may be making too much of this, but there are countless examples of AG and T-Ross repping Magic apparel outside of formal team functions.

At the very least, it's obvious they dig this team's history and fashion, for lack of a better word.

I get the sense that AG believes he can still be "the man" here, and that seems like enough of a reason to stick around versus being a complimentary player elsewhere.

I also believe Ross sees this team as his best fit.

But that's just me.

Only AG truly knows but the front office better have a great reading on the situation if they plan on not trading him. You may be right but we can’t lose a quality starting caliber player for nothing considering the lack of talent we have. Ross did surprise me by sticking around.
EasternMagic
RealGM
And1: 1,154

Post#17 » by EasternMagic » Sat Jan 9, 2021 5:41 am

Rich Paul has 30 NBA clients... they're not all going to the Lakers :lol:

The AG one is sort of interesting because Calvin Andrews (his agent) only has one other current NBA client: Josh Okogie of the Minnesota Timberwolves. And we know Minny's tried to trade for AG recently. But almost certainly means nothing. Andrews has been AG's agent since he got drafted.

Also worth noting that Calvin also represents AG's brother, Drew, who is currently playing in Russia. Or at least that's where he was last year.

Return to Orlando Magic