ImageImageImageImage

Official Speculation Thread '20-'21 VI: "I like this team"

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,788

Re: Official Speculation Thread '20-'21 VI: "I like this team" 

Post#1921 » by RookieStar » Fri Jan 8, 2021 9:31 pm

Guys I know this might be controversial BUT.. in this league, how many CENTERS aside from Vuc, Jokic Embiid can you realistically dump the ball to them down low and expect more than often than not to score? It's like the Dwight years.. I think we got spoiled with just expecting to dump the ball to Vuc and get 2 points.

If we trade him.. We are gonna suffer how many years again with a C that can't produce like that.
MagicMatic
RealGM
And1: 12,830

Post#1922 » by MagicMatic » Fri Jan 8, 2021 11:47 pm

RookieStar wrote:Guys I know this might be controversial BUT.. in this league, how many CENTERS aside from Vuc, Jokic Embiid can you realistically dump the ball to them down low and expect more than often than not to score? It's like the Dwight years.. I think we got spoiled with just expecting to dump the ball to Vuc and get 2 points.

If we trade him.. We are gonna suffer how many years again with a C that can't produce like that.

To answer your question - not many, but it doesn’t really matter.

Are those teams you listed true contenders with Centers as their primary option? No.

The goal wouldn’t be to replace his production again at C. The goal would be to replace his production elsewhere in the roster.
RookieStar
RealGM

Post#1923 » by RookieStar » Sat Jan 9, 2021 2:22 am

MagicMatic wrote:
RookieStar wrote:Guys I know this might be controversial BUT.. in this league, how many CENTERS aside from Vuc, Jokic Embiid can you realistically dump the ball to them down low and expect more than often than not to score? It's like the Dwight years.. I think we got spoiled with just expecting to dump the ball to Vuc and get 2 points.

Are those teams you listed true contenders with Centers as their primary option? No.

The goal wouldn’t be to replace his production again at C. The goal would be to replace his production elsewhere in the roster.

I agree about trying to replace their production with someone else. I nean we have been looking for that scorer for a long time now.

But i dont agree with saying they arent contenders and they arent the primary options. The ball goes through Jokic and Embiid
MagicMatic
RealGM

Post#1924 » by MagicMatic » Sat Jan 9, 2021 2:32 am

RookieStar wrote:
MagicMatic wrote:

I agree about trying to replace their production with someone else. I nean we have been looking for that scorer for a long time now.

But i dont agree with saying they arent contenders and they arent the primary options. The ball goes through Jokic and Embiid

Yeah, I think Philly is inherently flawed offensively. Jokic is in the best situation possible, with his skill set and roster, and it’s still not really enough to be considered “favorites”. With Denver we are also talking about a team with a crazy amount of options on offense.
RookieStar
RealGM

Post#1925 » by RookieStar » Sat Jan 9, 2021 2:49 am

MagicMatic wrote:
RookieStar wrote:
MagicMatic wrote:

Yeah, I think Philly is inherently flawed offensively. Jokic is in the best situation possible, with his skill set and roster, and it’s still not really enough to be considered “favorites”. With Denver we are also talking about a team with a crazy amount of options on offense.

For me Philly is gonna be there in the ECF against MIL while DEN.. top 3 team in the west
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,223

Post#1926 » by pepe1991 » Sat Jan 9, 2021 7:11 am

RookieStar wrote:
MagicMatic wrote:
RookieStar wrote:

For me Philly is gonna be there in the ECF against MIL while DEN.. top 3 team in the west

imo playoffs will shape into Nets vs 76ers with Celtics having some outside shot at being ECF team.
Bucks only hope to get actually elite again is to find cheap, vets minimum bench. Their starting 5 is not winning them games, and their bench has no depth nor quality.

West is Lakers, i don't see anybody even close. Clippers will still be good once they figure out rotations, Jazz, Nuggets but that's it.

My prediction for finals is Nets- Lakers.
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
MagicMatic
RealGM

Post#1927 » by MagicMatic » Sat Jan 9, 2021 7:52 am

Philadelphia is not a better team than fully healthy Boston. The Nets just crushed them by 20 without Durant or Kyrie.

76ers should be leveraging their future for Harden tbh. Simmons and Embiid make no sense together considering their supporting cast. Which reinforces the point that you can’t have a non-floor spacing led offense in 2021.

I’m not even saying to go “full Houston”, but 4/5 of your starting lineup can’t be inept from outside. This echos Orlando’s problem and specifically why it doesn’t matter that you have a Center that can score “more often than not”.
pepe1991
RealGM

Post#1928 » by pepe1991 » Sat Jan 9, 2021 8:01 am

MagicMatic wrote:Philadelphia is not a better team than fully healthy Boston. The Nets just crushed them by 20 without Durant or Kyrie.

76ers should be leveraging their future for Harden tbh. Simmons and Embiid make no sense together considering their supporting cast. Which reinforces the point that you can’t have a non-floor spacing led offense in 2021.

I’m not even saying to go “full Houston”, but 4/5 of your starting lineup can’t be inept from outside... which echos Orlando’s problem on most nights.

If there is a way they get Harden without shipping Simmons, than they are freaking elite. Simmons and Embiid cover enough of defense, Harden improves offense by just existing.
And it's not there is no path toward that trade, Harris and Mike Scott (+ future army of picks, ofc ) is enough to to even salaries up :dontknow:

If that trade is possible and Houston accepts it, than damn, 76ers are top 3 team in nba.
MagicMatic
RealGM

Post#1929 » by MagicMatic » Sat Jan 9, 2021 8:06 am

pepe1991 wrote:
MagicMatic wrote:Philadelphia is not a better team than fully healthy Boston. The Nets just crushed them by 20 without Durant or Kyrie.

I’m not even saying to go “full Houston”, but 4/5 of your starting lineup can’t be inept from outside... which echos Orlando’s problem on most nights.

If there is a way they get Harden without shipping Simmons, than they are freaking elite. Simmons and Embiid cover enough of defense, Harden improves offense by just existing.
And it's not there is no path toward that trade, Harris and Mike Scott (+ future army of picks, ofc ) is enough to to even salaries up :dontknow:

If that trade is possible and Houston accepts it, than damn, 76ers are top 3 team in nba.

I don’t believe there is a world where Philadelphia doesn’t have to give up Simmons, Thybulle, and 2+ future firsts for Harden.
pepe1991
RealGM

Post#1930 » by pepe1991 » Sat Jan 9, 2021 8:51 am

MagicMatic wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:

I don’t believe there is a world where Philadelphia doesn’t have to give up Simmons, Thybulle, and 2+ future firsts for Harden.

It's hard to act tough in nogotations from Houston perspective with Harden being exp. contract next year.
Also Simmons is great building block, but guy is 25 and expensive and they won't go anywhere in next 2,3 years anyway.
Picks and guys like Matisse Thybulle and Maxey are more interesting to target.
MagicMatic
RealGM

Post#1931 » by MagicMatic » Sat Jan 9, 2021 8:59 am

pepe1991 wrote:
MagicMatic wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:

It's hard to act tough in nogotations from Houston perspective with Harden being exp. contract next year.
Also Simmons is great building block, but guy is 25 and expensive and they won't go anywhere in next 2,3 years anyway.
Picks and guys like Matisse Thybulle and Maxey are more interesting to target.

It’s not like Philly has many other options either. Their window is shrinking and they’ve locked themselves in cap hell with that Tobias contract. Harden is basically the perfect fit next to Embiid given the situation. The other issue is salary. They’d have to trade Simmons in that scenario regardless.
MagicStarwipe
RealGM
And1: 12,041

Post#1932 » by MagicStarwipe » Sat Jan 9, 2021 9:08 am

MagicMatic wrote:
RookieStar wrote:
MagicMatic wrote:

Not to mention that Jokic is a superstar level talent, while Vuc is a fringe all-star level talent.
RealGM Classics - Oladipo's "rude" celebration comes back to bite him: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1358414
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,891

Post#1933 » by drsd » Sat Jan 9, 2021 9:18 pm

MagicStarwipe wrote:Not to mention that Jokic is a superstar level talent, while Vuc is a fringe all-star level talent.

Jokić is currently averaging 10.9 assists per game; and of course he is averaging a triple-double. Friggen ridiculous !

MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,100

Post#1934 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Sat Jan 9, 2021 11:48 pm

Sheeeesh Maxey went Offff today so sad watching other rookies who can shoot the ball while we get EP’s
A scoring guard.. never heard of one. :roll:
MoMM
RealGM
And1: 1,715

Post#1935 » by MoMM » Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:04 am

MagicMatic wrote:

Replacing his production elsewhere should be really easy as our FO is trying to add a 2nd option to play along with Vuc for almost 10 years and couldn't find anyone yet.
MoMM
RealGM
And1: 1,715

Post#1936 » by MoMM » Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:05 am

drsd wrote:
MagicStarwipe wrote:Not to mention that Jokic is a superstar level talent, while Vuc is a fringe all-star level talent.

Jokić is currently averaging 10.9 assists per game; and of course he is averaging a triple-double. Friggen ridiculous !

25/11/11, wtf, but Denver is 4-5, so if Jokic played for us, some people around here would be thinking about trading him for a TPE or 2 2nd round picks as he is "overpaid" and can't take us anywhere.
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM
And1: 9,233

Post#1937 » by Blue_and_Whte » Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:26 pm

Vooch was already the most underrated center in the league, and currently he’s approaching one of the most underrated players.
Faith, Family, Basketball
#2A
#Adopt
Rick Rolled
General Manager
And1: 3,705

Post#1938 » by Rick Rolled » Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:54 pm

Maxi Kleber just had to enter isolation for two weeks, I’d imagine this will cause a few of our guys to as well.

This season sucks.
3Pac wrote:sorry for bad english am from pennsylvania
MagicMatic
RealGM

Post#1939 » by MagicMatic » Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:27 pm

MoMM wrote:
MagicMatic wrote:

Replacing his production elsewhere should be really easy as our FO is trying to add a 2nd option to play along with Vuc for almost 10 years and couldn't find anyone yet.

Yeah, so instead we should keep Vucevic until he retires. That’ll solve our issues of being a dynamic offense.

But seriously... using lottery picks on “long bois”, picking 16th, and holding onto Hennigan’s core doesn’t really say “trying”.
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,588

Post#1940 » by Skybox » Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:32 pm

MagicMatic wrote:
MoMM wrote:
MagicMatic wrote:

Yeah, so instead we should keep Vucevic until he retires. That’ll solve our issues of being a dynamic offense.

But seriously... using lottery picks on “long bois”, picking 16th, and holding onto Hennigan’s core doesn’t really say “trying”.

They haven't moved anybody of significance since Vic...They definitely SHOULD make a move but that doesn't necessarily have to signal "blow it up" and "tank"...Vucevic is a solid piece-doesn't mean his supporters think he's the savior to build around.

Return to Orlando Magic