ImageImageImage

RS 20/21 - Mavs @ Nuggets (10PM EST)

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

Bob8
General Manager
And1: 3,549

Re: RS 20/21 - Mavs @ Nuggets (10PM EST) 

Post#61 » by Bob8 » Fri Jan 8, 2021 11:55 pm

Anybody knows who is Covid positive and which other 2 players have to be in quarantine 7 days?
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,032

Post#62 » by daoneandonly » Sat Jan 9, 2021 3:02 am

Bob8 wrote:Anybody knows who is Covid positive and which other 2 players have to be in quarantine 7 days?

Not sure who tested positive, but the 3 in quarantine are Richardson, DFS, and Brunson
arkuo
General Manager
And1: 1,917

Post#63 » by arkuo » Sat Jan 9, 2021 4:33 am

DFS and Richardson are our two best wing defenders. If they will be out for 1 to 2 weeks for quarantine, then we need Hinton, Iwundu and Green to bring their A game on D. Carlisle will have to dig deep in his bench. Maybe even Bey.
Bob8
General Manager

Post#64 » by Bob8 » Sat Jan 9, 2021 7:30 am

daoneandonly wrote:
Bob8 wrote:Anybody knows who is Covid positive and which other 2 players have to be in quarantine 7 days?

Not sure who tested positive, but the 3 in quarantine are Richardson, DFS, and Brunson

Players who play a lot. Bad luck. I hope this will stop here, not very likely though.
arkuo
General Manager

Post#65 » by arkuo » Sat Jan 9, 2021 8:00 am

Its always good to have depth for Covid or injuries. Covid quarantines will happen throughout the season and players will miss games.
Bob8
General Manager

Post#66 » by Bob8 » Sat Jan 9, 2021 10:05 am

arkuo wrote:Its always good to have depth for Covid or injuries. Covid quarantines will happen throughout the season and players will miss games.

1 player is not a problem, but missing 3+KP is a lot. Basically 3 starters + Pg, who runs second unit. First unit might still somehow play, but who will run second unit, there're no guards left. Rookies?
Archx
RealGM
And1: 7,933

Post#67 » by Archx » Sat Jan 9, 2021 11:27 am

Bob8 wrote:
arkuo wrote:Its always good to have depth for Covid or injuries. Covid quarantines will happen throughout the season and players will miss games.

1 player is not a problem, but missing 3+KP is a lot. Basically 3 starters + Pg, who runs second unit. First unit might still somehow play, but who will run second unit, there're no guards left. Rookies?

Is Burke still out? If not, then problem will be with scoring options. You put THJ in to the starting lineup and suddenly bench has no firepower left. Luka will have to go absolutely balistic for them to have a chance at winning. 3 defensive players+scorers are out. If Burke is out as well, i don't know where Mavs will find enough points.
Teffer10
Head Coach
And1: 845

Post#68 » by Teffer10 » Sat Jan 9, 2021 11:32 am

Archx wrote:
Bob8 wrote:

Is Burke still out? If not, then problem will be with scoring options. You put THJ in to the starting lineup and suddenly bench has no firepower left. Luka will have to go absolutely balistic for them to have a chance at winning. 3 defensive players+scorers are out. If Burke is out as well, i don't know where Mavs will find enough points.

Great opportunity for the rookies and Iwundu.
Bob8
General Manager

Post#69 » by Bob8 » Sat Jan 9, 2021 11:33 am

Archx wrote:
Bob8 wrote:

Burke's illness looks suspicious too. Apart Luka, the wrong players are in quarantine. If would have been much easier if someone from bigs would have been out. In Europe clubs had almost always multiple COVID cases, so I expect situation to become even worse.
Bob8
General Manager

Post#70 » by Bob8 » Sat Jan 9, 2021 11:34 am

Teffer10 wrote:
Archx wrote:
Bob8 wrote:

Which rookie can run offense?
Archx
RealGM
And1: 7,933

Post#71 » by Archx » Sat Jan 9, 2021 11:40 am

Bob8 wrote:
Archx wrote:
Bob8 wrote:

Burke's illness looks suspicious too. Apart Luka, the wrong players are in quarantine. If would have been much easier if someone from bigs would have been out. In Europe clubs had almost always multiple COVID cases, so I expect situation to become even worse.

Yeah indeed. This could quickly go from bad to worse. Orlando has a ton of problems as well, so that might help Mavs a bit, it will be an incredibly interesting match lol. If Luka wasn't playing it would probably look like 2 G-league teams.

Teffer10 wrote:Great opportunity for the rookies and Iwundu.

To be honest, i don't see anything in these rookies. Terry looks like a very long time project and Green needs more confidence and experience to even start playing like DFS. Hopefully they'll prove me wrong soon but i doubt it.

Boban on the other hand could have a great game.
arkuo
General Manager

Post#72 » by arkuo » Sat Jan 9, 2021 6:48 pm

Bob8 wrote:
Teffer10 wrote:
Archx wrote:

If they neer a point guard they can always sign Barea to a 10 day contract.

If they lack a big man, Ersan Ilyasova still doesnt have a team. Thats another 10 day contract.
Bob8
General Manager

Post#73 » by Bob8 » Sat Jan 9, 2021 7:01 pm

This season will be a lot about luck. Covid cases will happen to most teams, but the big difference will be, with how many Covid hit teams you will play and how many players will they miss. Just look at Philly situation. Denver is gifted a win. In the end those easy wins can be a difference in standings.
Teffer10
Head Coach
And1: 845

Post#74 » by Teffer10 » Sat Jan 9, 2021 7:23 pm

Bob8 wrote:
Teffer10 wrote:
Archx wrote:

Terry might get the opportunity but it doesn't mean he will succeed.
Green has some playmaking skills but is limited.

We drafted them so at some point they need to show what they got and now is as good as any time to do it.
Bob8
General Manager

Post#75 » by Bob8 » Sat Jan 9, 2021 8:07 pm

Teffer10 wrote:
Bob8 wrote:
Teffer10 wrote:Great opportunity for the rookies and Iwundu.

We drafted them so at some point they need to show what they got and now is as good as any time to do it.

To be honest even Johnson looks better than those 2.
arkuo
General Manager

Post#76 » by arkuo » Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:28 pm

Bob8 wrote:
Teffer10 wrote:
Bob8 wrote:

Hence why I dont get why Donnie still invests and puts weight on the draft. Everyone including his mother knows he doesnt have the talent or skill to draft good players. And Carlisle is a coach that cant develop youth either. So why bother even spending time to draft and not just trade those assets is beyond me. Green and Terry will just end up like Isaiah Roby and the plethora of failed picks before him. Yes, including that 7'6 guy from India we drafted. :lol:
Bob8
General Manager

Post#77 » by Bob8 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:35 pm

arkuo wrote:
Bob8 wrote:
Teffer10 wrote:Terry might get the opportunity but it doesn't mean he will succeed.

Hence why I dont get why Donnie still invests and puts weight on the draft. Everyone including his mother knows he doesnt have the talent or skill to draft good players. And Carlisle is a coach that cant develop youth either. So why bother even spending time to draft and not just trade those assets is beyond me. Green and Terry will just end up like Isaiah Roby and the plethora of failed picks before him. Yes, including that 7'6 guy from India we drafted. :lol:

I guess we have seen yesterday, what RC thinks or expects from rookies. Not much. Difficult to blame him. The only one I like a little is Hinton. Green can run, but I really don’t see basketball player in him. Terry maybe can shoot, but he’s unplayable with his body.

I would pack Brunson, Powell and all rookies to get decent starter.

Return to Dallas Mavericks