Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Re: The Washington Football Team Thread 

Post#241 » by Ruzious » Thu Jan 7, 2021 5:41 pm

mzaretsk wrote:
Ruzious wrote:
queridiculo wrote:
Eh, I am not sure what kind of message it sends when you start this sacred cow business.

Washington has a chance to send Brady packing, but they will have to put up somewhere around 20 points to do it and I am not sure that's going to be possible with a sitting duck at QB going up against that blitzing Tampa defense.

Matsko's done a terrific job with this offensive line, but when you have a pass rush that doesn't have to respect the QB as a mobile threat it's tough to block those extra guys consistently.

Heinicke is going to continue to get 1st team snaps so that works in Washington's favor and gives them flexibility going into this matchup.

I'd expect Smith to start the game and how long he plays is going to come down to how well the defense holds up against Brady.

And TB is 4th in the NFL in sacks and 2nd in QB hits. Given the extra physicality of a playoff game, Alex' health should be considered.

its potentially his last playoff start and you want to sit smith for a guy with 8 nfl games under his belt? thats such a redskins thing to do.

Reading comprehension isn't your strong suit, right?
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Wizardspride
RealGM
And1: 9,866

Post#242 » by Wizardspride » Fri Jan 8, 2021 12:28 am

Read on Twitter
?s=19
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
tontoz
RealGM
And1: 3,925

Post#243 » by tontoz » Fri Jan 8, 2021 12:34 am

Pretty big culture change in one year thanks to Young and Rivera.
"bulky agile perimeter bone crunch pick setting draymond green" WizD
WashWiz54
Veteran
And1: 434

Post#244 » by WashWiz54 » Fri Jan 8, 2021 1:03 am

The narrative that Washington sports has to suck is done. I don’t know if ya’ll realize it, but the Nats and Capitals are good and have won championships recently! Why do some of you dream of losing!? This is magnificent regardless of the outcome. The culture has changed and we won the division. Celebrate! I promise you, its okay. Yes, we are ahead of schedule and there are holes, but we are respectable and a up and coming squad. That means 10x more than having a higher pick. It makes our good players happy, makes FAs consider us, and shows Dan that keeping his nose away results in W’s.

Also we have Kyle Smith in the draft room. This guy is amazing. I don’t think we need the higher pick because this guy finds talent in every draft. Honestly, we need to promote him to GM before another team identifies him and plucks him away...
gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,730

Post#245 » by gambitx777 » Fri Jan 8, 2021 3:06 am

Does any one think we have the draft capital and is it worth it to trade for watson. ?

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using RealGM mobile app
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#246 » by Ruzious » Fri Jan 8, 2021 2:38 pm

gambitx777 wrote:Does any one think we have the draft capital and is it worth it to trade for watson. ?

From what I've heard, it would cost them significantly more in cap space to trade him rather than to keep him, because the contract he signed before the season included a $27 million bonus, and his base salary for 2021 is only 10.5 million - but then goes to 35 million in 2022. And besides that, he's their best player and probably has his best years ahead of him. So, I'd guess the chances that he'll be traded are slim and none. If they do trade him, they'll need a fortune in draft picks and players to justify it - more than RG3 cost. Don't do it.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Wizardspride
RealGM
And1: 9,866

Post#247 » by Wizardspride » Fri Jan 8, 2021 11:38 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
gambitx777
General Manager

Post#248 » by gambitx777 » Sat Jan 9, 2021 12:10 am

Yeah nfl trades are weird but I was just currious about it. Like would it be worth it and would anyone pay the price? What teams even could? I've heard maybe miami?
Ruzious wrote:
gambitx777 wrote:Does any one think we have the draft capital and is it worth it to trade for watson. ?

From what I've heard, it would cost them significantly more in cap space to trade him rather than to keep him, because the contract he signed before the season included a $27 million bonus, and his base salary for 2021 is only 10.5 million - but then goes to 35 million in 2022. And besides that, he's their best player and probably has his best years ahead of him. So, I'd guess the chances that he'll be traded are slim and none. If they do trade him, they'll need a fortune in draft picks and players to justify it - more than RG3 cost. Don't do it.

Kanyewest
General Manager
And1: 2,350

Post#249 » by Kanyewest » Sat Jan 9, 2021 4:02 pm

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:
Ruzious wrote:Now that Washington is in the playoffs, it's their responsibility to appreciate that fact and try to win against Tampa Bay. They need to make another decision on Alex Smith. With TB's pass rush, is it even safe for him to play? My thinking is - unless he's significantly more mobile than he was last night, he should not play. It's too much of a risk for his long-term health, and the team stands a better chance with Taylor Heinicke.

I believe Heinicke would have performed better than Alex did in just barely getting past Philadelphia. Smith is pressing his luck and risking his health every snap he takes.

My friend said because Alex Smith coming off his comeback player of the year could gut out a win. But at thhis point I am taking what's in the mystery bag with Heinicke based on what I saw in the 2nd half (I missed most of the first half except for the 2 minute drive where Smith lead Washington down the field) where it seemed like Smith was so bad that Washington's best offense was to just hand the ball off to the running back.
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,885

Post#250 » by TGW » Sat Jan 9, 2021 10:10 pm

Alex Smith is out. Heinike to start.

I'm happy for Heinike and I'm also happy for Smith because I didn't want to see him get hurt. I had front row seats when he suffered that injury and it was horrific to see in real time.
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 780

Post#251 » by LyricalRico » Sat Jan 9, 2021 10:17 pm

This is all I wanna see all night...Heinike(n) for 6! Let's go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :clap:

tontoz
RealGM
And1: 3,925

Post#252 » by tontoz » Sat Jan 9, 2021 11:39 pm

I definitely think Heinike gives them a better chance to win.
"bulky agile perimeter bone crunch pick setting draymond green" WizD
gambitx777
General Manager

Post#253 » by gambitx777 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:52 am

We are one bad sack away from seeing an undrafted rookie play in a play off game against tom **** brady lol . What a year

Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#254 » by Ruzious » Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:59 am

Heinicke played real well in the first half. He had 3 dropa from wide receivers - including a beautiful long one to Cam Simms on the first drive. His int was caused by a tip from a blitzer that McKissic totally whiffed on (as usual, btw), there was 1 promising drive ended by an official totally whiffing on an obvious pass interference not called, and Cam Simms caught one out of bounds that he should have been able to keep his feet in. Every decision looked correct.

Skins got way too little pressure on Brady.

We really need to get a punt returner. Simms Jr not fielding that last punt of the half was ridiculous.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#255 » by Ruzious » Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:21 am

And a complete bs holding call against Scherff ends another good-looking drive by Heinicke.
WashWiz54
Veteran
And1: 434

Post#256 » by WashWiz54 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:37 am

Dude... That touchdown was all gas by Heinicke. I’m sold.
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,992

Post#257 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:45 am

Defense is not getting to Brady.
Bye bye Beal.
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,992

Post#258 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:45 am

Now they get a sack by Payne.
Bye bye Beal.
gambitx777
General Manager

Post#259 » by gambitx777 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:33 am

Do you bring back tyler? Dude played well .

long suffrin' boulez fan
General Manager
And1: 3,464

Post#260 » by long suffrin' boulez fan » Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:34 am

Do we have our QB?
In Rizzo we trust

Return to Washington Wizards