ImageImageImageImageImage

Wolves season watch thread for the 2021 pick

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,656

Re: Wolves season watch thread for the 2021 pick 

Post#201 » by Coxy » Fri Jan 8, 2021 7:04 am

Quazza wrote:unsurprisingly, Dame lit D-Lo UP!

29 mins, for 39 points on 13/21 shooting, 7 3s, 7 boards, 7 assists, 3 steals, 1 TO

never change D-Lo <3

I sort of feel bad for Minny fans, with the Warriors offloading Dlo on them. I wish we could have given him to the Cavs, Houston, Lakers or Clippers or something.

He’s the Maggette of PG’s.
mos_def
Sixth Man
And1: 277

Post#202 » by mos_def » Fri Jan 8, 2021 6:08 pm

29 mins, for 39 points on 13/21 shooting, 7 3s, 7 boards, 7 assists, 3 steals, 1 TO

never change D-Lo <3

pair that with what Wiggins did vs Kawhi, and we got the better part of the deal
Tjstangeland
Freshman
And1: 24

Post#203 » by Tjstangeland » Sat Jan 9, 2021 3:49 am

Coxy wrote:

never change D-Lo <3

I sort of feel bad for Minny fans, with the Warriors offloading Dlo on them. I wish we could have given him to the Cavs, Houston, Lakers or Clippers or something.

I'd rather have Dlo but the draft pick is the most important part of the trade. Losing Kat gives you a guys a chance at a good draft pick from us. If we get a lotto pick in the top 3, you guys lost the trade. If Kat comes back and go on a winning streak and you guys get a draft pick outside the top 10 you guys lost the trade. You gambled, we gambled lets see who won.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,656

Post#204 » by Coxy » Sat Jan 9, 2021 3:53 am

Tjstangeland wrote:
Coxy wrote:

never change D-Lo <3

I'd rather have Dlo but the draft pick is the most important part of the trade. Losing Kat gives you a guys a chance at a good draft pick from us. If we get a lotto pick in the top 3, you guys lost the trade. If Kat comes back and go on a winning streak and you guys get a draft pick outside the top 10 you guys lost the trade. You gambled, we gambled lets see who won.

Lol, spin it anyway you need to dude.
azwfan
RealGM
And1: 3,743

Post#205 » by azwfan » Sat Jan 9, 2021 3:56 am

Tjstangeland wrote:
Coxy wrote:

never change D-Lo <3

We won the trade for the simple fact that we get over a year of excitement and anticipation out of that pick. You just get D'lo. hahaha
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
Quazza
Head Coach
And1: 1,727

Post#206 » by Quazza » Sat Jan 9, 2021 3:58 am

Tjstangeland wrote:
Coxy wrote:

never change D-Lo <3

:lol: :lol:

KevinMcreynolds wrote:BIG DICK BOB DOIN WORK

KGdaBom wrote:You can go back and read every post I made. Never said one bad thing about one person until Coxy came up with his Vagiclean comment
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,006

Post#207 » by FNQ » Sat Jan 9, 2021 5:45 am

Tjstangeland wrote:
Coxy wrote:

never change D-Lo <3

Man I know Wiggins was doodoo in Minnesota but I think no matter where the picks lands, its a win for us
killmongrel
Veteran
And1: 1,291

Post#208 » by killmongrel » Sat Jan 9, 2021 5:53 am

FNQ wrote:
Tjstangeland wrote:
Coxy wrote:

Man I know Wiggins was doodoo in Minnesota but I think no matter where the picks lands, its a win for us
Agreed. If this is the Wiggins we get, with a few bad games here and there, then we won that trade big time. If we get a lottery pick out of it, it's just gravy.
Tjstangeland
Freshman
And1: 24

Post#209 » by Tjstangeland » Sat Jan 9, 2021 6:46 am

Lol, ugh you guys are right, we got lucky once with Garnett and after passing on Curry twice we have been bottom dwellers, with Bad luck on Kats Injury and picking 1st on one of the worst drafts in recent history I only hope for a pick in the top three picks of this year's draft or trade Kat for top picks in future picks. Being a small market team, wish you all the best.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#210 » by Mylie10 » Sat Jan 9, 2021 8:11 am

And we get the pick out right in 2022 if it doesn’t convey this year lol.

Just gets better and better!
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Magoose
Junior
And1: 136

Post#211 » by Magoose » Sat Jan 9, 2021 10:03 am

From this Wolves fan perspective you guys clearly won the trade. If I was in charge I would have never given up a FRP with that little protection to get rid of a player (as horrible as he might have been for us, seems like he's doing ok for the Warriors) while getting another player back who's similarly overpaid in the first place. :crazy:

Especially if the team is so dependent on one player's health both talentwise and because we have absolutely literally no body to replace him. Just horrible decision making by our GM.
The best way out of this misery would be if we somehow manage to get our sh+++ together and sneak back into playoff contention when/if KAT comes back this year. Otherwise it is very very likely you guys end up with a pick in the 4-8 range this year.

But even if we somehow manage to retain our pick this season you guys will get at worst a middling FRP in one of the deepest drafts of the last decade. So its a win for GS either way.

The Wolves should rather have invested that pick to pry away Presti, that Denver guy or some other small market genius GM from their organization so we could just for once enjoy a franchise that is well led. But I highly doubt that is going to happen at one point. :noway:
azwfan
RealGM

Post#212 » by azwfan » Sat Jan 9, 2021 3:41 pm

Magoose wrote:From this Wolves fan perspective you guys clearly won the trade. If I was in charge I would have never given up a FRP with that little protection to get rid of a player (as horrible as he might have been for us, seems like he's doing ok for the Warriors) while getting another player back who's similarly overpaid in the first place. :crazy:

Especially if the team is so dependent on one player's health both talentwise and because we have absolutely literally no body to replace him. Just horrible decision making by our GM.
The best way out of this misery would be if we somehow manage to get our sh+++ together and sneak back into playoff contention when/if KAT comes back this year. Otherwise it is very very likely you guys end up with a pick in the 4-8 range this year.

But even if we somehow manage to retain our pick this season you guys will get at worst a middling FRP in one of the deepest drafts of the last decade. So its a win for GS either way.

The Wolves should rather have invested that pick to pry away Presti, that Denver guy or some other small market genius GM from their organization so we could just for once enjoy a franchise that is well led. But I highly doubt that is going to happen at one point. :noway:

Y'all have suffered for awhile, some of us Warriors fans know what thats like. It doesn't really matter who won the trade. Hope Wiggins continues to work out for us and D'lo works out for y'all (after the pick conveys).
Rudruff
Junior
And1: 120

Post#213 » by Rudruff » Sat Jan 9, 2021 4:09 pm

When you win a bet for a couple bucks off a buddy you can take a victory lap and everyone thinks it's funny. If you take a grand off him and take that same lap you are liable to catch a chair in the back of the head.

I'm getting pretty reluctant to take a victory lap with Wolves fans over this trade.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#214 » by Mylie10 » Sat Jan 9, 2021 6:09 pm

I don’t live near Minnesota.....I’m on a year long lap
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Hopper15
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 274

Post#215 » by Hopper15 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:41 am

KAT is back!@
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#216 » by FNQ » Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:24 am

Hopper15 wrote:KAT is back!@

Spurs Wolves game has been very entertaining.. Spurs not very good and DLo was struggling until he buried a 3 to give them a 2pt lead. But then they fouled Derozan and now its tied with 12s to go.. I'm kinda rooting for them, they need this win. And their backup C went bonkers tonight
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#217 » by FNQ » Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:24 am

FNQ wrote:
Hopper15 wrote:KAT is back!@

Spurs Wolves game has been very entertaining.. Spurs not very good and DLo was struggling until he buried a 3 to give them a 2pt lead. But then they fouled Derozan and now its tied with 12s to go.. I'm kinda rooting for them, they need this win. And their backup C went bonkers tonight

DLo misses game winner, going to OT
Hopper15
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 274

Post#218 » by Hopper15 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:28 am

Overtime.

They have Edwards out there in crunch time and he hit a big 3.
azwfan
RealGM

Post#219 » by azwfan » Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:37 am

My god how was that not a foul... haha
WESCO
Head Coach
And1: 977

Post#220 » by WESCO » Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:38 am

Patty with the dagger.

Return to Golden State Warriors