ImageImageImageImageImage

Trade Oubre PRONTO.

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,661

Trade Oubre PRONTO. 

Post#1 » by Coxy » Sat Jan 9, 2021 5:59 am

I like to think I'm a pretty patient person. I believe in being patient financially and budgeting wisely, I've been through years of long term health recovery, and I waited 3 dates before suggesting a hand job from my now wife. However, Kelly Oubre has done gone and sent me shooting towards the insane asylum in 9 quick games. There are moments during these games where I start to wonder if I am in fact, a homocidal maniac, only to calm down enough to put down the machette and realise, it's just Kelly Oubre that is making me want to butcher human flesh.

He's got to go. He has no place on either the starting unit, nor the bench, ever.

I'm not giving up the Warriors 1st this season, nor the Minnesota pick either, but we have to shed this clown off the roster somehow. Therefore, how can we do this? I want to see some idea's here people, maybe we can swindle the Knicks into taking his ass? Perhaps Myers can get some dirt on Masi Ujuri's love life to get him to take him off our hands? How can we shoft this dude off the payroll, immediately.
Coxy
RealGM

Re: Trade Oubre PRONTO. 

Post#2 » by Coxy » Sat Jan 9, 2021 6:00 am

I can't fathom Lacob and the Warrior partners watching him play and thinking, "This a really prudent $80 million dollars we are paying for Oubre here, great work Bob".
Samurai
General Manager
And1: 2,892

Post#3 » by Samurai » Sat Jan 9, 2021 6:03 am

Have you watched Oubre play so far? If so, it is likely that other GM's have as well. End of discussion.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Post#4 » by FNQ » Sat Jan 9, 2021 6:04 am

We're not getting anything for him if we deal him, and FO is not gonna trade him for a GIGO trade after spending all that coin on him (unless they can dump his entire salary too).. I think we've gotta ride this one out. Maybe something at the deadline, but I'm not holding my breath. Think we've gotta hope Kerr figures something out
Bob BaSura
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#5 » by Bob BaSura » Sat Jan 9, 2021 6:04 am

Kerr's commitment to giving Oubre a starting role - let alone playing him in crucial minutes is bothersome. I know he was getting praise for his defense, but is it really any better than Baez or Lee? Anyone with any basketball sense could see how much better the Warriors are without him.
cpower
RealGM
And1: 7,150

Post#6 » by cpower » Sat Jan 9, 2021 6:06 am

He is playing like the worst offensive player in the league right now. No gm in the right mind would want him. You have to give up wiseman or a 1st for getting rid of him at least
killmongrel
Veteran
And1: 1,291

Post#7 » by killmongrel » Sat Jan 9, 2021 6:08 am

Well, I'm still waiting to give it a few months, but we definitely need to attach a few second rounds for another team to take his contract. Trevor Ariza from the Thunder would probably help us a lot more at the moment.
InWestWeTrust
Sixth Man
And1: 657

Post#8 » by InWestWeTrust » Sat Jan 9, 2021 6:08 am

Great win, he sucked. That's good, he has incentive to play better. His value right now is dog poo, terrible time to try to trade him. Not patient.
azwfan
RealGM
And1: 3,745

Post#9 » by azwfan » Sat Jan 9, 2021 6:08 am

I'd be willing to send Oubre to the bench. He can't play with Draymond though.

Minny fans can't stand Layman and Hernangomez (last time i checked).

Oubre + Smiley for Layman and Hernangomez

This gets Minnesota out of the multi-year deals they gave both of them. Also gives them a look at a Oubre in a pretty much lost season.

Gives us an extra semi-big guy (hernangomez) who shoots... well not good this year but a LOT better than Oubre is. Layman sucks, but he's healthy and better than Smiley.
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
killmongrel
Veteran

Post#10 » by killmongrel » Sat Jan 9, 2021 6:08 am

cpower wrote:He is playing like the worst offensive player in the league right now. No gm in the right mind would want him. You have to give up wiseman or a 1st for getting rid of him at least
No we don't. He's an expiring.
Coxy
RealGM

Post#11 » by Coxy » Sat Jan 9, 2021 6:08 am

Samurai wrote:Have you watched Oubre play so far? If so, it is likely that other GM's have as well. End of discussion.

The 1 plus with Oubre is that he is expiring.

If there is a 2 year deal out there that a team would like to move, we become buyers of it, so we can control said player for next season as well.
Coxy
RealGM

Post#12 » by Coxy » Sat Jan 9, 2021 6:10 am

azwfan wrote:I'd be willing to send Oubre to the bench. He can't play with Draymond though.

This gets Minnesota out of the multi-year deals they gave both of them. Also gives them a look at a Oubre in a pretty much lost season.

Gives us an extra semi-big guy (hernangomez) who shoots... well not good this year but a LOT better than Oubre is. Layman sucks, but he's healthy and better than Smiley.

Sending Oubre to Minnesota. You had me at hello.

Coxy
RealGM

Post#13 » by Coxy » Sat Jan 9, 2021 6:11 am

He's expiring as well, but I wonder if Dallas might want to get a look at how Oubre might fit in their system for a season, for James Johnson.
Chupchup
Junior
And1: 96

Post#14 » by Chupchup » Sat Jan 9, 2021 6:14 am

Just play him off the bench. Less pressure. Plays against bench players. Rebuild his value. There will be more space too for him as him and draymond together doesn't work on offense right now.
Samurai
General Manager
And1: 2,892

Post#15 » by Samurai » Sat Jan 9, 2021 6:15 am

Bob BaSura wrote:Kerr's commitment to giving Oubre a starting role - let alone playing him in crucial minutes is bothersome. I know he was getting praise for his defense, but is it really any better than Baez or Lee? Anyone with any basketball sense could see how much better the Warriors are without him.

Kerr is intent on continuing to start Oubre (for now) but it is encouraging that he did play him in crucial minutes during our comeback tonight. I do think Oubre is a little better than Bazemore or Lee on defense, but the gap isn't big enough to offset the negative Oubre provides on offense.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#16 » by Mylie10 » Sat Jan 9, 2021 6:17 am

For right now you have to move him to the bench. He could be good as a energy four next to Paschall at the five off the bench.

Let Bazemore start because he knows Steph and Draymond well. Wanamaker, Lee, and Mulder can hold down that second unit, with Oubre and Paschall.

It puts another outside threat and passer on the floor it’s Steph. He can’t have all of these non shooters on the floor with him. Oubre off the bench is the move.

Problem is, Kerr just stated after the game that he’s not changing his role. So loyal Kerr is sticking with square peg and round hole.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
killmongrel
Veteran

Post#17 » by killmongrel » Sat Jan 9, 2021 6:18 am

So who are the realistic options? We'd want somebody we can maybe have for more than a year since we want to keep that salary slot alive. Or somebody that would possibly have their bird rights.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#18 » by FNQ » Sat Jan 9, 2021 6:25 am

azwfan wrote:I'd be willing to send Oubre to the bench. He can't play with Draymond though.

Juancho had a really good game the other night, and I kinda like him as a player. I'd imagine the Wolves fans wont be on board with letting him go

I'd just try and do what OKC did - find a team thats middle of the road thats looking to evaluate a high potential player for the future. Not sure who'd fit - normally Id just say Orlando or Knicks or Hornets.. but I think they're starting to get wise about that kinda ****.. maybe the Rockets? Spurs? I mean the Spurs did willingly take Rudy Gay and Demar Derozan
Coxy
RealGM

Post#19 » by Coxy » Sat Jan 9, 2021 6:28 am

Read on Twitter
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#20 » by FNQ » Sat Jan 9, 2021 6:33 am

Coxy wrote:
Read on Twitter

Takes a lot for Curry to be that demonstrative to his own teammate in game

Its not a hard concept.. if Curry is within your wingspan, you hit his man. Period. If I saw Curry walking down the street I'm screening anyone near him. It's gotta be a reflex

Return to Golden State Warriors