ImageImageImage

OT: Art, Music, Literature, Media, and More! Part 2

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

canman1971
Senior Mod - Celtics
Senior Mod - Celtics
And1: 8,502

Re: OT: Art, Music, Literature, Media, and More! Part 2 

Post#1181 » by canman1971 » Sat Jan 2, 2021 6:33 pm

jmr07019 wrote:One of my favorite Pearl Jam songs is porch! So much emotion in it. The unplugged version is excellent. Peep Eddie's crazy eyes around the 5:03 mark lol

threrf23
RealGM
And1: 4,393

Post#1182 » by threrf23 » Sat Jan 2, 2021 10:27 pm

Read on Twitter
MagicBagley18
RealGM
And1: 20,332

Post#1183 » by MagicBagley18 » Mon Jan 4, 2021 2:07 pm

Came on during my run this morning so f it I’ll share

Captain_Caveman
RealGM
And1: 38,412

Post#1184 » by Captain_Caveman » Tue Jan 5, 2021 2:00 pm

We doing Mandalorian? Gangs of London?
CeltsfanSinceBirth
RealGM
And1: 34,836

Post#1185 » by CeltsfanSinceBirth » Tue Jan 5, 2021 2:03 pm

Captain_Caveman wrote:We doing Mandalorian? Gangs of London?

Mandalorian was fantastic, and is contrary to JJ Abram’s claim that it is impossible to please new generation Star Wars fans while trying to pay fan service to the older fans. Favreau and Filoni are doing a great job.

Spoiler:
If Boba Fett’s show is anywhere near as good as the Mandalorian, I would be thrilled.
zoyathedestroya
RealGM
And1: 89,211

Post#1186 » by zoyathedestroya » Tue Jan 5, 2021 2:18 pm

Promising Young Woman is must-see. Always been a fan of Carey Mulligan. This was one of her finest performances. Considering they shot the entire movie in less than a month, the attention to detail in the production was exquisite. There's an added bonus of Alison Brie (for me) being in the movie.
sam_I_am
RealGM
And1: 8,968

Post#1187 » by sam_I_am » Tue Jan 5, 2021 2:29 pm

canman1971 wrote:
jmr07019 wrote:One of my favorite Pearl Jam songs is porch! So much emotion in it. The unplugged version is excellent. Peep Eddie's crazy eyes around the 5:03 mark lol

y

I loved Ten when it came out and overplayed it for 6-12 months and then really haven’t been able to get into a Pearl Jam album since. My roommates at the time played all of their followup albums and there are plenty of great songs for sure. However, their new album Gigatron is outstanding - I think it is their best since Ten. Very different sound for them and more modern sounding for them. I’ll be first “in line” for tickets when they can do their tour.

canman1971
Senior Mod - Celtics
Senior Mod - Celtics

Post#1188 » by canman1971 » Tue Jan 5, 2021 7:48 pm

sam_I_am wrote:
canman1971 wrote:

y

I loved Ten when it came out and overplayed it for 6-12 months and then really haven’t been able to get into a Pearl Jam album since. My roommates at the time played all of their followup albums and there are plenty of great songs for sure. However, their new album Gigatron is outstanding - I think it is their best since Ten. Very different sound for them and more modern sounding for them. I’ll be first “in line” for tickets when they can do their tour.

Nice. Eddie Veddar's solo stuff is fantastic.
BostonCouchGM
Head Coach
And1: 4,857

Post#1189 » by BostonCouchGM » Wed Jan 6, 2021 11:23 pm

I've been a huge fan of Pink Floyd since I was young and they played them on the radio all the time and that love increased when I saw "The Wall" as a teenager. I listened to 'Wish You Were Here' and 'Dark Side of the Moon' and have owned these three albums for years. For whatever reason, I never listened to much else from them but a couple of weeks ago I "discovered" 'Meddle' and this song "Fearless". It's pretty damn incredible and is now one of my favorites. This whole album is great except for a couple questionable songs that many consider to be among their worst. Listening to "Fearless" and it's hard to imagine being in a bad mood while this is playing.
BostonCouchGM
Head Coach
And1: 4,857

Post#1190 » by BostonCouchGM » Wed Jan 6, 2021 11:44 pm

I remember years ago there was a poll asking what's the most annoying song ever and "What's Up" by 4-Non Blondes "won".

I personally liked it a lot but I know it was overplayed on the radio and could see why people could grow tired of it or just plain hate it. I bought the album when I saw that video and it's cover to cover strong and I doubt too many have heard it which is a shame. They only made the one album but their lead singer Linda Perry went on to get Grammy nominations for songwriting. She wrote "Beautiful" by Christina Aguilera and wrote and co-produced "Missundaztood" by Pink. Here's a few more of my favorite songs from that lone 4-Non Blondes album

Drifting

'Spaceman

Dear Mr. President

canman1971
Senior Mod - Celtics
Senior Mod - Celtics

Post#1191 » by canman1971 » Thu Jan 7, 2021 12:14 am

BostonCouchGM wrote:

I've been a huge fan of Pink Floyd since I was young and they played them on the radio all the time and that love increased when I saw "The Wall" as a teenager. I listened to 'Wish You Were Here' and 'Dark Side of the Moon' and have owned these three albums for years. For whatever reason, I never listened to much else from them but a couple of weeks ago I "discovered" 'Meddle' and this song "Fearless". It's pretty damn incredible and is now one of my favorites. This whole album is great except for a couple questionable songs that many consider to be among their worst. Listening to "Fearless" and it's hard to imagine being in a bad mood while this is playing.

Nothing from Pink Floyd should ever be considered "questionable" or "worst".
truth18
RealGM
And1: 42,830

Post#1192 » by truth18 » Thu Jan 7, 2021 4:40 am

YOU LOSE
Pacino62
Analyst
And1: 2,436

Post#1193 » by Pacino62 » Thu Jan 7, 2021 10:56 am

zoyathedestroya wrote:Promising Young Woman is must-see. Always been a fan of Carey Mulligan. This was one of her finest performances. Considering they shot the entire movie in less than a month, the attention to detail in the production was exquisite. There's an added bonus of Alison Brie (for me) being in the movie.

Man. Can’t wait to see this. Not quite up to heading to the cinema yet. Lol. But they just announced an early on demand drop of 1/15. So, I’ll see it soon.
“All due respect and I’m generally curious but who tf is cousin steez” ~ MagicBagley18

"i see celtics fans here are nothing but a s s holes so good bye not going to waste my time with you lowlifes." ~ HornetsFan29
Pacino62
Analyst

Post#1194 » by Pacino62 » Thu Jan 7, 2021 10:57 am

truth18 wrote:

What’s happening my man
“All due respect and I’m generally curious but who tf is cousin steez” ~ MagicBagley18

"i see celtics fans here are nothing but a s s holes so good bye not going to waste my time with you lowlifes." ~ HornetsFan29
MagicBagley18
RealGM

Post#1195 » by MagicBagley18 » Thu Jan 7, 2021 4:31 pm

Pacino62 wrote:
zoyathedestroya wrote:Promising Young Woman is must-see. Always been a fan of Carey Mulligan. This was one of her finest performances. Considering they shot the entire movie in less than a month, the attention to detail in the production was exquisite. There's an added bonus of Alison Brie (for me) being in the movie.

Man. Can’t wait to see this. Not quite up to heading to the cinema yet. Lol. But they just announced an early on demand drop of 1/15. So, I’ll see it soon.

I saw it also...it was good. Carey was good in it and I did not know it was only shot in a month.
bisme37
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 56,210

Post#1196 » by bisme37 » Thu Jan 7, 2021 7:00 pm

This is not entertainment related but it's Boston related and off-topic to basketball so I'm putting it here...

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Pacino62
Analyst

Post#1197 » by Pacino62 » Fri Jan 8, 2021 10:49 am

MagicBagley18 wrote:
Pacino62 wrote:

I saw it also...it was good. Carey was good in it and I did not know it was only shot in a month.

Both of you. What was the cinema experience like?

MagicBagley18
RealGM

Post#1198 » by MagicBagley18 » Fri Jan 8, 2021 1:17 pm

Pacino62 wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:
Pacino62 wrote:

Both of you. What was the cinema experience like?

I’m someone who loves going to the movies, I just love the whole experience ; getting to the theatre, grabbing some popcorn, getting my seats and the excitement of a buzzing theatre when I walk in followed by my anticipation of the film to start. I’ll literally see anything if I’m bored (not so much now with a new born lol).

I’ll say that one movie I saw at a large chain and this movie at a smaller family owned place. Been back 2x. Both were not the same as before. The staffs at both places did great jobs of having it feel safe and sanitized but in my state you can’t get concessions which was weird not smelling that popcorn and even if you could, the theatre’s were a dead zone and it was so eerily quiet inside.

That’s just my experience, I can’t make blanket statements for everyone else but yeah it wasn’t the same for me. my biggest fear out of all of this is the movie industry uses this experiment to basically cut out the theatre chains and just does simultaneous releases in theatre and home to stream. A friend of mine owns a projection company who provides screens for many chains and he’s been taking about this for years.

I’ll def keep going to the movies and hopefully things go back to some resemblance of normalcy but we shall see.
Tatumfor2
Starter
And1: 4,673

Post#1199 » by Tatumfor2 » Sat Jan 9, 2021 12:05 am

If you haven't heard of Harry Mack check this out. I can't even fathom how much practice it must take to do this. I find it addicting to watch, so consider yourself warned!
Win it for Al!!! :pray:
Fencer reregistered
RealGM
And1: 25,625

Post#1200 » by Fencer reregistered » Sat Jan 9, 2021 6:46 am

One of my favorite goofy classical music videos ever.

The same thing played straight, and I love the sheet music enhancement.

Banned temporarily for, among other sins, being "Extremely Deviant".

Return to Boston Celtics