ImageImageImage

OT: Art, Music, Literature, Media, and More! Part 2

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Fencer reregistered
RealGM
And1: 25,671

Re: OT: Art, Music, Literature, Media, and More! Part 2 

Post#1201 » by Fencer reregistered » Sat Jan 9, 2021 6:50 am

And of course the classic of classics of the goofy classics genre. Fairly new-to-me version, actually; the recorded version is actually a little better, as its baseball metaphor is a slightly better fit.

Banned temporarily for, among other sins, being "Extremely Deviant".
Pacino62
Analyst
And1: 2,436

Post#1202 » by Pacino62 » Sat Jan 9, 2021 11:19 am

MagicBagley18 wrote:
Pacino62 wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:
I saw it also...it was good. Carey was good in it and I did not know it was only shot in a month.

Both of you. What was the cinema experience like?

I’m someone who loves going to the movies, I just love the whole experience ; getting to the theatre, grabbing some popcorn, getting my seats and the excitement of a buzzing theatre when I walk in followed by my anticipation of the film to start. I’ll literally see anything if I’m bored (not so much now with a new born lol).

I’ll say that one movie I saw at a large chain and this movie at a smaller family owned place. Been back 2x. Both were not the same as before. The staffs at both places did great jobs of having it feel safe and sanitized but in my state you can’t get concessions which was weird not smelling that popcorn and even if you could, the theatre’s were a dead zone and it was so eerily quiet inside.

That’s just my experience, I can’t make blanket statements for everyone else but yeah it wasn’t the same for me. my biggest fear out of all of this is the movie industry uses this experiment to basically cut out the theatre chains and just does simultaneous releases in theatre and home to stream. A friend of mine owns a projection company who provides screens for many chains and he’s been taking about this for years.

I’ll def keep going to the movies and hopefully things go back to some resemblance of normalcy but we shall see.

Yeah. It’s literally the only thing I enjoy outside of time with friends and family. It’s my personal time. I prefer going alone. It’s my golf. Lol. I haven’t had that fill since last March (saw my last one the first week of March). This was a 1-2 time per week thing for me. So, I miss it immensely. I still don’t feel safe enough to go, for fear of exposing my 75 year old parents, but I envy the fact that you can. Keep going if you feel safe. I need someone to give them a reason to stay open. Lol. I’ll be crushed if the cinema going experience as we know it is gone forever.
“All due respect and I’m generally curious but who tf is cousin steez” ~ MagicBagley18

"i see celtics fans here are nothing but a s s holes so good bye not going to waste my time with you lowlifes." ~ HornetsFan29
jmr07019
General Manager
And1: 7,755

Post#1203 » by jmr07019 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:25 pm

Happy Monday. Go get that bag

Show Love Spread Love
CeltsfanSinceBirth
RealGM
And1: 34,836

Post#1204 » by CeltsfanSinceBirth » Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:00 pm

Sorry for dumbing down the thread with this.....but I really enjoyed season 3 of Cobra Kai.

Spoiler:
Sam LaRusso is the real villain of the series when you really think about it.
MagicBagley18
RealGM
And1: 20,332

Post#1205 » by MagicBagley18 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:09 pm

jmr07019 wrote:Happy Monday. Go get that bag

Cant forget the remix either!

CeltsfanSinceBirth
    RealGM
    And1: 34,836

Post#1206 » by CeltsfanSinceBirth » Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:17 pm

MagicBagley18 wrote:

Work has been a vital part of my workout playlist for years, and did not realize that there was a remix until today. Thanks for this.
      MagicBagley18
      RealGM

Post#1207 » by MagicBagley18 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:30 pm

CeltsfanSinceBirth wrote:
      MagicBagley18 wrote:

Work has been a vital part of my workout playlist for years, and did not realize that there was a remix until today. Thanks for this.

No problem...it’s basically the original with 1 verse from big L added but it’s a nice little change up, especially if it’s new to you & since were on big L this wonderful Monday

Pacino62
        Analyst
        And1: 2,436

Post#1208 » by Pacino62 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:51 am

CeltsfanSinceBirth wrote:Sorry for dumbing down the thread with this.....but I really enjoyed season 3 of Cobra Kai.

Spoiler:
        Sam LaRusso is the real villain of the series when you really think about it.

Oh man. Show is so good. I’m not suppose to like it. Ha.
        “All due respect and I’m generally curious but who tf is cousin steez” ~ MagicBagley18

"i see celtics fans here are nothing but a s s holes so good bye not going to waste my time with you lowlifes." ~ HornetsFan29
        MagicBagley18
        RealGM

Post#1209 » by MagicBagley18 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:58 am

One night in Miami was really good imo....about a fictional Malcolm x Muhammad Ali Sam Cooke and Jim brown meeting. Directed by Regina king. Guy who played Sam Cooke nailed his voice. All the actors did great jobs, Ali’s cadence was done really well.

Cameo by Michael imperioli as Angelo Dundee
        SichtingLives
        RealGM
        And1: 25,446

Post#1210 » by SichtingLives » Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:00 am

Sup celtics fam. Apologies and stuff, my landlord is selling our home out from under us as of a week ago with this inflated market bubbling up home values and we are trying to buy our first home under less than ideal circumstances all while I've been nearing the end stages of finalizing the album that I've been working on all year, so I am more of a bitch than usual lately. :dontknow:

I finally soft released my solo debut album, it's my third full length but first completely on my own. Some of these songs I began creating back in 2017 and took years to finish while others I wrote during quarantine season this spring. The ongoing process of evolving as an instrumentalist while conceptualizing, writing and executing these songs and learning from scratch how to record and engineer them since February was an odyssey that doesn't translate to a mere 6 tracks but I am thrilled (and exhausted) that most of the legwork is done (still have a lot of marketing to do) and that I can finally put this out there and move on with my life, job, writing and various artforms.

I plan to stream this on all major platforms soon enough but I am testing out some ads with just my website and bandcamp for the time being. There are free previews on both and of course if you like, they are available to purchase for a modest fee :D. Realgm and the Celtics forum continues to be a second home even as the world is constantly (d)evolving into an alien planet. Always good to be around even if it's lurking in the shadows like a weirdo. Peace unto all yall, we could all use it right now. :meditate:

https://joesaywardaugust.bandcamp.com/

https://joeaugustmusic.com/

10 miles through the snow uphill both ways
        jmr07019
        General Manager
        And1: 7,755

Post#1211 » by jmr07019 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:01 pm

SichtingLives wrote:Sup celtics fam. Apologies and stuff, my landlord is selling our home out from under us as of a week ago with this inflated market bubbling up home values and we are trying to buy our first home under less than ideal circumstances all while I've been nearing the end stages of finalizing the album that I've been working on all year, so I am more of a bitch than usual lately. :dontknow:

I finally soft released my solo debut album, it's my third full length but first completely on my own. Some of these songs I began creating back in 2017 and took years to finish while others I wrote during quarantine season this spring. The ongoing process of evolving as an instrumentalist while conceptualizing, writing and executing these songs and learning from scratch how to record and engineer them since February was an odyssey that doesn't translate to a mere 6 tracks but I am thrilled (and exhausted) that most of the legwork is done (still have a lot of marketing to do) and that I can finally put this out there and move on with my life, job, writing and various artforms.

I plan to stream this on all major platforms soon enough but I am testing out some ads with just my website and bandcamp for the time being. There are free previews on both and of course if you like, they are available to purchase for a modest fee :D. Realgm and the Celtics forum continues to be a second home even as the world is constantly (d)evolving into an alien planet. Always good to be around even if it's lurking in the shadows like a weirdo. Peace unto all yall, we could all use it right now. :meditate:

Congrats man! I've played guitar my whole life and had some interest in writing, recording and producing. I bought ableton and some hardware so I could record guitar. Once I started trying to write and record my own stuff I realized there is SOOOO MUCH more to the recording / producing / mixing / mastering side of things than I could have ever imagined. This is a long winded way of saying I can appreciate how much effort goes into something like this. I eventually decided it was too much effort for a hobby. I've got about 20 half finished songs :banghead: Good for you for following through and making a finished product.

You've got a nice voice. Love the tone on the lead guitar on "the killer". The album art is sick as well. I'm listening at work (so low volume) from my laptop speakers so not the best listening environment but everything sounds really good. Did you mix and master yourself? Pretty good for someone who's been at it less than a year.
        Show Love Spread Love
        canman1971
        Senior Mod - Celtics
        Senior Mod - Celtics
        And1: 8,502

Post#1212 » by canman1971 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:24 pm

Recently started watching "The Flight Attendant". Crazy stuff.
        canman1971
        Senior Mod - Celtics
        Senior Mod - Celtics
        And1: 8,502

Post#1213 » by canman1971 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:26 pm

SichtingLives wrote:Sup celtics fam. Apologies and stuff, my landlord is selling our home out from under us as of a week ago with this inflated market bubbling up home values and we are trying to buy our first home under less than ideal circumstances all while I've been nearing the end stages of finalizing the album that I've been working on all year, so I am more of a bitch than usual lately. :dontknow:

Really cool sound. Well done. I'll share with my music friends and non-music ones as well, haha.
        Disinformation
        Starter
        And1: 3,076

Post#1214 » by Disinformation » Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:05 pm

canman1971 wrote:Recently started watching "The Flight Attendant". Crazy stuff.

Great show. Kaley Cuoco's performance as an alcoholic, especially how they talk and think, was spot on and really hit me as I have some experience with alcoholics.
        Disinformation's Manifesto for the 2021 Offseason

It's a brave new world. No one knows what's going to happen, least of all me.
        StojkoVrankovic
        RealGM
        And1: 9,600

Post#1215 » by StojkoVrankovic » Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:49 pm

absolutely brutal, do not watch with kids
        RIP texas celtic, 12/10/14 - 12/10/14
        Feed Your Head
        RealGM
        And1: 69,465

Post#1216 » by Feed Your Head » Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:03 pm

StojkoVrankovic wrote:Image

absolutely brutal, do not watch with kids

The cover alone is a nightmare.
        ConstableGeneva
        RealGM
        And1: 87,192

Post#1217 » by ConstableGeneva » Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:27 pm

In showbiz news that shocked absolutely no one, Ben Affleck and Ana de Armas have now split. (Some, not me, are calling it the BenAna Split.) If we weren't in the middle of the pandemic, I'd make my move on Ana.
        ░N░0░0░D░S░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░
        SuperDeluxe
        Retired Mod
        Retired Mod
        And1: 20,904

Post#1218 » by SuperDeluxe » Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:33 pm

ConstableGeneva wrote:In showbiz news that shocked absolutely no one, Ben Affleck and Ana de Armas have now split. (Some, not me, are calling it the BenAna Split.) If we weren't in the middle of the pandemic, I'd make my move on Ana.

Yes, this pandemic has derailed a lot of plans.
        exculpatory
        RealGM
        And1: 11,019

Post#1219 » by exculpatory » Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:48 am

SamIam 2010: Truth's ability to play so incredibly efficiently is so UNDERAPPRECIATED. Bballcool 2012: Amazing how great Pierce has been for so long. Continues to defy age! KG 2013: P is original Celtic. Wherever he goes, we go. This is The Truth's house.
        Captain_Caveman
        RealGM
        And1: 38,412

Post#1220 » by Captain_Caveman » Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:31 am

When I said Gangs of London, what I really meant to say was Zerozerozero.

Return to Boston Celtics