ImageImageImage

Welcome Tyrese Maxey!

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Foshan, sixers hoops, Sixerscan

Skates
Head Coach
And1: 3,770

Re: Welcome Tyrese Maxey! 

Post#401 » by Skates » Fri Jan 8, 2021 4:39 am

I really enjoy watching this kid play, he is a pure scorer, more athletic than I hoped, strong anc s stronger work ethic on both ends of the floor. He’s going to be special.
sodmoraes
Pro Prospect
And1: 533

Post#402 » by sodmoraes » Fri Jan 8, 2021 4:55 am

He´s way faster/athletic that i thought he would be and can score easily with that floater. He´s displaying some nice pullup jumpers too. If his jumper improves more he will be an hell of a player...
When i see him being already a better pg than Ben i think we should trade Simmons asap for Harden( with picks) before they notice how limited Simmons is...
[quote:bba5df4c1f="hornetstime"]jr smith will be out of this league in 2 years, book it.[/quote]
stormi
General Manager
And1: 7,649

Post#403 » by stormi » Fri Jan 8, 2021 5:03 am

Can pretty much get to wherever he wants on the floor at all times and his floater is instant offense. Once he develops a confident 3 pointer he'll be an absolute weapon.
Lou_23
Bench Warmer
And1: 723

Post#404 » by Lou_23 » Fri Jan 8, 2021 10:39 am

And he isnt a terrible defender. He does a decent work there .
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,343

Post#405 » by 76ciology » Fri Jan 8, 2021 1:45 pm

Maxey’s floater brings me back to when floater was the hottest move that CP3 made popular back then. For some reason, players starts taking floaters less.

I could be wrong but I think analytics doesnt like the floater because it’s like a mid range jumper given it’s low FTr.

I also remember how Nerlens said that if the player has to take a floater to shoot against him, he considers that as a win defensively.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Iverson Armband
Starter
And1: 1,576

Post#406 » by Iverson Armband » Fri Jan 8, 2021 1:51 pm

76ciology wrote:Maxey’s floater brings me back to when floater was the hottest move that CP3 made popular back then. For some reason, players starts taking floaters less.

I could be wrong but I think analytics doesnt like the floater because it’s like a mid range jumper given it’s low FTr.

I also remember how Nerlens said that if the player has to take a floater to shoot against him, he considers that as a win defensively.

Yeah but when you’ve mastered something, all of that goes out the window.
always a jump shot away.
Skates
Head Coach
And1: 3,770

Post#407 » by Skates » Fri Jan 8, 2021 5:20 pm

If Simmons had that floater Maxey does he would average 25 ppg at his size. Maxey’s floater is the best I’ve seen in a Sixers uniform since Jeff Hornacek.
Sportfan73
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,315

Post#408 » by Sportfan73 » Fri Jan 8, 2021 7:17 pm

stormi wrote:Can pretty much get to wherever he wants on the floor at all times and his floater is instant offense. Once he develops a confident 3 pointer he'll be an absolute weapon.

Couple years in the weight room he will have a deadly 3
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,343

Post#409 » by 76ciology » Fri Jan 8, 2021 7:23 pm

There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
elchengue20
Sixth Man
And1: 1,461

Post#410 » by elchengue20 » Fri Jan 8, 2021 9:16 pm

76ciology wrote:Maxey’s floater brings me back to when floater was the hottest move that CP3 made popular back then. For some reason, players starts taking floaters less.

Yep, and don't forget about Tony Parker, the floater master.

Maxey play has been very promising so far, i think we got at least a very good 6th man for the future.
PhillyPhilly
Bench Warmer
And1: 522

Post#411 » by PhillyPhilly » Sat Jan 9, 2021 9:58 am

I wonder if many of the "drafts experts" who spoke on Maxey before the season started are still sticking to their views about him? :D
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,063

Post#412 » by Kobblehead » Sat Jan 9, 2021 2:08 pm

PhillyPhilly wrote:I wonder if many of the "drafts experts" who spoke on Maxey before the season started are still sticking to their views about him? :D

Maxey is literally everything we thought he was.

Excellent off-dribble scorer with no defense or jumpshot.
blargh
Pro Prospect
And1: 580

Post#413 » by blargh » Sat Jan 9, 2021 2:37 pm

Kobblehead wrote:
PhillyPhilly wrote:I wonder if many of the "drafts experts" who spoke on Maxey before the season started are still sticking to their views about him? :D

Maxey is literally everything we thought he was.

Excellent off-dribble scorer with no defense or jumpshot.

I don’t watch much college ball, so I don’t know what he was like before, but the jumpshot looks farther along than I expected (small sample size of course). He’s shooting a decent percentage, and he’s able to get his shot off in catch-and-shoot, around screens, and off the dribble. It’s not the prettiest stroke in the world, but it’s compact and consistent.

The defense is a work in progress, but it’s not terrible. You compare Maxey’s d to Shake’s from last year, and it’s a world apart. The energy is there, he’s fighting through screens, and he has enough strength to compete. He just needs to understand footwork and placement: if he can make the step forward Milton made this year, he’ll be good.
Kobblehead
RealGM

Post#414 » by Kobblehead » Sat Jan 9, 2021 2:41 pm

Just to clarify, I mean he has no jumpshot range (aka three point range). The free throw percentage in college points to his shooting potential, but both his three point shooting and mid-range shooting were very bad at Kentucky. He has a long way to go with the jumper.

But like I always say, scoring off the dribble is the only thing that matters offensively. So he can just keep doing what he does best while he gradually improves on his some of less-refined parts (shooting, passing).
PhillyPhilly
Bench Warmer

Post#415 » by PhillyPhilly » Sat Jan 9, 2021 3:03 pm

Kobblehead wrote:Just to clarify, I mean he has no jumpshot range (aka three point range). The free throw percentage in college points to his shooting potential, but both his three point shooting and mid-range shooting were very bad at Kentucky. He has a long way to go with the jumper.

But like I always say, scoring off the dribble is the only thing that matters offensively. So he can just keep doing what he does best while he gradually improves on his some of less-refined parts (shooting, passing).

"He can't shoot a jumper" yet he's shooting 36% from three point range and has also landed several jumpers from mid-range? :-? His defense has also been quite good too with him sticking to his man well and recording almost a steal a game. It's Ok to get things wrong KH!!..no need to stick with notions that are clearly overblown or flat out inaccurate my friend.
Kobblehead
RealGM

Post#416 » by Kobblehead » Sat Jan 9, 2021 3:12 pm

All his defensive metrics are bad, he's shooting 25% from 16-25feet and he's barely even attempting threes. My scouting reports has been 100% spot on, so far.

And as I predicted, he would have no problem scoring off the dribble despite his ordinary athleticism because his handle is so elite and he's crafty.
PhillyPhilly
Bench Warmer

Post#417 » by PhillyPhilly » Sat Jan 9, 2021 4:00 pm

Kobblehead wrote:All his defensive metrics are bad, he's shooting 25% from 16-25feet and he's barely even attempting threes. My scouting reports has been 100% spot on, so far.

And as I predicted, he would have no problem scoring off the dribble despite his ordinary athleticism because his handle is so elite and he's crafty.

Er he's attempted 14 threes and landed 5 of them...two or three were quite deep too so that sample alone undermines your notion that "he has no jumper". His first step is also elite and he's getting rebounds and assists as well. The facts are the facts..your opinion of him has been proven to be wrong thus far..it's just that simple.
Kobblehead
RealGM

Post#418 » by Kobblehead » Sat Jan 9, 2021 4:27 pm

Maxey needs that 20+ mpg role. We cannot have Payton Pritchard outscore him as a rookie.
Lou_23
Bench Warmer
And1: 723

Post#419 » by Lou_23 » Sat Jan 9, 2021 5:38 pm

Kobblehead wrote:All his defensive metrics are bad, he's shooting 25% from 16-25feet and he's barely even attempting threes. My scouting reports has been 100% spot on, so far.

What ? What is all his defensive metris are bad? Please, explain this
kriss73
Analyst
And1: 1,803

Post#420 » by kriss73 » Sat Jan 9, 2021 6:52 pm

Come on kid, tear up the NBA today!
Adam Silver wrote:"Gross incompetence is acceptable; strategic gaming of a flawed system is not."

Return to Philadelphia 76ers