ImageImageImageImageImage

Around the NBA IV

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Re: Around the NBA IV 

Post#1461 » by Mylie10 » Sat Jan 9, 2021 9:10 pm

As I look at where the Warriors sit in the West...currently in the 5th spot, none of the teams below us scare me at all.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Little Digger
Head Coach
And1: 2,710

Post#1462 » by Little Digger » Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:48 pm

Mylie10 wrote:As I look at where the Warriors sit in the West...currently in the 5th spot, none of the teams below us scare me at all.

When I looked at the schedule after game 2..I thought oh man it’s going to be tough..Now that we’re more than hanging tough with Portland and LAC’s full squad? The next few weeks looks very doable ..
ILOVEIT—Good 'ol Bob. Two things that will survive the next apocalypse - Cockroaches and Fitz.
Little Digger
Head Coach

Post#1463 » by Little Digger » Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:55 pm

Wizard fans can’t ever catch a break..How many decades must they suffer?

Bryant was playing well the last few games
ILOVEIT—Good 'ol Bob. Two things that will survive the next apocalypse - Cockroaches and Fitz.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#1464 » by Mylie10 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:36 pm

Kyrie’s an idiot
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Little Digger
Head Coach

Post#1465 » by Little Digger » Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:06 pm

KD realizing what he’s done and starting to think about how to get out of it in 10, 9, 8, 7
jason bourne
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,602

Post#1466 » by jason bourne » Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:16 pm

Was scouting how good the Pacers are and whether they'll be tired tonight vs Warriors. What opened my eyes were how good the Kings are. Tyrese (should be starting soon), De'Aaron, Richaun, Buddy, Bags, and even Barnes looked good. Their bench looks solid, too. They saved Walton's job.
“The most contrarian thing of all is not to oppose the crowd but to think for yourself.” Peter Thiel

ImageImage
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,137

Post#1467 » by wco81 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:55 pm

Little Digger wrote:KD realizing what he’s done and starting to think about how to get out of it in 10, 9, 8, 7

Yeah he chose Kyrie over Steph, Klay and Draymond knowing Kyrie bailed on Lebron, spouted the flat earth nonsense, bailed on the Celtics.

When the Nets got off to a good start, Kyrie was hogging the shots, taking most of the big ones in the 4th quarter. It looked good when they were winning but it's going to be similar to the Westbrook situation at OKC again when Kyrie keeps calling his own number in crucial possessions.

Kyrie is a lot better shooter than Westbrook but he is likely to take some heat check shots. But he's not a better shooter than KD.
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM
And1: 3,326

Post#1468 » by KevinMcreynolds » Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:17 pm

KD probably on the phone with Myers as we speak :lol:
floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett
watch1958
General Manager
And1: 1,138

Post#1469 » by watch1958 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:52 pm

jason bourne wrote:Was scouting how good the Pacers are and whether they'll be tired tonight vs Warriors. What opened my eyes were how good the Kings are. Tyrese (should be starting soon), De'Aaron, Richaun, Buddy, Bags, and even Barnes looked good. Their bench looks solid, too. They saved Walton's job.
I wonder if Dumars will screw it up so that he can fire Walton. Maybe he'd gives us some one-sided deal to mess their roster up.
This movie is like the Rocky Horror Picture Show where everyone knows all the lines.
marthafokker
General Manager
And1: 828

Post#1470 » by marthafokker » Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:00 pm

LAL willing to pay poison pill to keep their bench player in THT? Saw the 4 year contract to be worth about $84/4yr. Ouch.

So glad at least Myers was dumb enough to give EP 3 year contract to avoid some of this mess.
TB wrote:
We finally have a team for Nellie.... bring the old drunk back.
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,375

Post#1471 » by ILOVEIT » Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:43 pm

Mylie10 wrote:Kyrie’s an idiot

How much would Durant prefer to be back on the Warriors now? I thought they would struggle....blow up...but I had no idea that Kyrie would be that much of a flake.

I don't wish ill for Durant....I'd be more upset if Green hadn't said what he said....of COURSE that's going to make a Superstar think about leaving.

But I wouldn't mind the Warriors having a great year and Net's completely falling apart :)
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,375

Post#1472 » by ILOVEIT » Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:44 pm

KevinMcreynolds wrote:KD probably on the phone with Myers as we speak :lol:

LOL...posted something similar before seeing this.

Warriors chemistry...wow.
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
wco81
RealGM

Post#1473 » by wco81 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:49 pm

KD said championships aren't important to him so if the Nets don't win titles, he has that out. He also said if his best chance for more championships would have been to remain with the Warriors.

But he's not playing just to "hone his craft" or whatever. At this stage in his career, it's about using the high-level skills he already has to win.

If the Nets don't win big, his off-court endorsements and other business opportunities won't do as well. They don't have to win championships but they have to be in contention, be a big draw in national games and playoffs.
jason bourne
Lead Assistant

Post#1474 » by jason bourne » Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:56 pm

ILOVEIT wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:Kyrie’s an idiot

How much would Durant prefer to be back on the Warriors now? I thought they would struggle....blow up...but I had no idea that Kyrie would be that much of a flake.

I don't wish ill for Durant....I'd be more upset if Green hadn't said what he said....of COURSE that's going to make a Superstar think about leaving.

But I wouldn't mind the Warriors having a great year and Net's completely falling apart :)

I was waiting for the other shoe to drop and this is it lol...

Read on Twitter

Still have to see the Sherwob Holmes vid.
“The most contrarian thing of all is not to oppose the crowd but to think for yourself.” Peter Thiel

ImageImage
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM
And1: 3,326

Post#1475 » by KevinMcreynolds » Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:04 pm

dude gets 460,000 a game and doesn't even bother to fight through screens
floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett
jason bourne
Lead Assistant

Post#1476 » by jason bourne » Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:08 pm

Read on Twitter

Here's Sherwob's investigation video if you haven't seen it yet...

ImageImage
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,635

Post#1477 » by Coxy » Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:27 pm

jason bourne wrote:Was scouting how good the Pacers are and whether they'll be tired tonight vs Warriors. What opened my eyes were how good the Kings are. Tyrese (should be starting soon), De'Aaron, Richaun, Buddy, Bags, and even Barnes looked good. Their bench looks solid, too. They saved Walton's job.

Domantis Sabonis could be turning into a top 10 player in the league. That dude is putting up MONSTER numbers.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,635

Post#1478 » by Coxy » Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:36 pm

jason bourne wrote:
Read on Twitter

I don't really have an issue with this. I understand Covid proticols, but he should be allowed to celebrate his families birthday's no matter what is going on with his job.
jason bourne
Lead Assistant

Post#1479 » by jason bourne » Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:46 pm

Coxy wrote:
jason bourne wrote:
Read on Twitter

I don't really have an issue with this. I understand Covid proticols, but he should be allowed to celebrate his families birthday's no matter what is going on with his job.

I don't see what is so wrong for such big penalties, but maybe I don't understand how one gets Covid-19. My take is, it appears to be transmitted thru the air when someone who has it breathes, talks, sneezes, or coughs and the risk is higher indoors than outdoors. I'm not positive and could be wrong.

That said, we are getting into a new era in terms of playing pro sports now as the teams aren't in one bubble, but several bubbles and the NBA may not understand yet what parts of their protocols are working and not working. Thus, they err on the side of caution and handing out huge penalties for not following or paying attention to their protocols.

Also, this is Kyrie we are talking about lol. Would he pay attention to any protocols?

ImageImage
wco81
RealGM

Post#1480 » by wco81 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:58 pm

There's been plenty of cases of birthday parties and simple family gatherings leading to a fairly big outbreak.

Even people who live in the same household, if several of them are repeatedly going out, going to churches, clubs, etc, they have a good chance of infecting other family members.

Return to Golden State Warriors