Moore
No votes
Other
No votes

Total votes: 17

King4Day
RealGM
And1: 9,203

Re: Game 9: Phoenix Suns (6-2) @ Detroit Pistons (1-7) l Friday l 5:00pm l FSNAZ 

Post#461 » by King4Day » Sat Jan 9, 2021 2:28 pm

No need to tank on the defense tonight. We held them to under 100pts (pre OT) and forced them into many tough shots.

A few things got us but it wasn't our defense.

1. Missed shots/FT's
2. Not much rhythm on offense
3. Inconsistent energy. (We saw some plays where guys played hard and others where they're just standing around)

Looking back, we didn't seem to be interested. Maybe we thought we could skate by. Maybe it was travelling to a cold weather city.
None the less, I still believe in this team and expect them to come out focused tonight.
"Sometimes, the dragon wins" #RallyTheValley
Maze
Bench Warmer
And1: 960

Re: Game 9: Phoenix Suns (6-2) @ Detroit Pistons (1-7) l Friday l 5:00pm l FSNAZ 

Post#462 » by Maze » Sat Jan 9, 2021 4:42 pm

Didn't see the game, but I just went over to the Pistons board.Saw a fe of their fans complaining about the refs giving them a favorable whistle.Guess they're in full tank mode lol.The reffing must've been pretty bad for the Suns.You rarely see fans going "Geez we're really getting a favorable whistle tonight!"
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,157

Post#463 » by Revived » Sat Jan 9, 2021 5:52 pm

No team should ever attempt 52 threes in a game. Period.
SlovenianDragon
Head Coach
And1: 11,051

Post#464 » by SlovenianDragon » Sat Jan 9, 2021 6:13 pm

Revived wrote:No team should ever attempt 52 threes in a game. Period.

58% of our shots were threes

Booker and Galloway 10/20 - 50%

Rest of team 7/32 - 22%

ridiculous
ImNotMcDiSwear
General Manager
And1: 6,087

Post#465 » by ImNotMcDiSwear » Sat Jan 9, 2021 6:26 pm

Just came here to say that I was wrong about Jerami Grant. Thought Oubre was better. Woops!

... And Saddiq Bey. A few on this board were pretty high on him. I wasn't. I was wrong. That kid's for real.

Happy to see the Pistons making some strides. They've been irrelevant for far too long. At least this squad's entertaining and has some young talent worth developing.
Fo-Real
General Manager
And1: 4,911

Post#466 » by Fo-Real » Sat Jan 9, 2021 7:58 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
King4Day wrote:The positive is, there's no way we'll shoot this poorly again right?
The FT misses by our best shooters. 1 of 7 in the first half. Book only to the line twice. Ayton twice. Paul, 0 times.
The missed 3's, 17 of 52

What's amazing is we started out 12 of 17 from 3.

That means after that we went 5-35.

It was bad.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,367

Post#467 » by bwgood77 » Sat Jan 9, 2021 9:25 pm

Moses ShamMoses wrote:Curious what you all think of this Pistons team? A lot of folks think they will end up with the worst record but they've been playing teams tough so far this year. Thoughts on Pistons rookies Bey or Stewart? I love an outsider perspective thanks :)

Good luck to your team, I was surprised and impressed by Suns recent success.

I really like Saddiq Bey. I hope Killian Hayes is good since I drafted him in fantasy. Jerami Grant looks for real. I don't know if you had an option to keep Christian Wood (if he would have stayed with a good contract offer), but I read Pistons only offered him $8 million a year. I would have tried to keep him. Galloway is good for us, but you probably know more about him than we do...not sure if you would have wanted to keep him...looks well worth the minimum.

I like Delon Wright a bit...sometimes I'm surprised he doesn't try to score more though. You have a lot of good young players..just probably need to move on from Griffin and Rose. I don't know much about Stewart.
Flying Colors
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,489

Post#468 » by Flying Colors » Sat Jan 9, 2021 9:45 pm

Revived wrote:
Read on Twitter

This has become a pattern all season wrong. Why does Monty not play Galloway in the 2nd half of games? Seriously he shoots lights out in the first half and the Pistons do a zone defense all 2nd half and we don’t play our top 3 shooter on the team?

In other games as well Galloway plays 1st half and never the 2nd half. I don’t understand why not.

This is honestly the big thing for me, Monty being real stubborn with Galloway’s minutes, even when it was thanks to him that we got such a high lead to begin with.
Keith_myath
Pro Prospect
And1: 589

Post#469 » by Keith_myath » Sat Jan 9, 2021 11:11 pm

Moses ShamMoses wrote:Curious what you all think of this Pistons team? A lot of folks think they will end up with the worst record but they've been playing teams tough so far this year. Thoughts on Pistons rookies Bey or Stewart? I love an outsider perspective thanks :)

Good luck to your team, I was surprised and impressed by Suns recent success.

List is trash. When you're starting Josh Jackson and letting him take **** shots, then you know your list is trash. Happened when he was at Phx, and it's no different now he's at Detroit.

Griffin has lost his explosiveness, so he's just a plodder now. Plumlee and Griffin won't be up against a pea heart in Ayton every night to make them look good.

Grant is good, but not a franchise player.

Bey is solid, but needs more strings to his bow. If the 3's aren't falling, he's limited.
Stewart is a role player. Decent for an off-the-bench player.

Never seen Hayes play. He may be a franchise player to base your redevelopment around.
King4Day
RealGM
And1: 9,203

Post#470 » by King4Day » Sat Jan 9, 2021 11:35 pm

Fo-Real wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
King4Day wrote:The positive is, there's no way we'll shoot this poorly again right?
The FT misses by our best shooters. 1 of 7 in the first half. Book only to the line twice. Ayton twice. Paul, 0 times.
The missed 3's, 17 of 52

What's amazing is we started out 12 of 17 from 3.

That means after that we went 5-35.

It was bad.

I realize all of this and the pain of blowing a big lead is hard enough. But because of the team we played, THAT is why everyone is so upset. Myself included.
But remember, it's early in the season, the team is still figuring things out, and these things happen. Even the Clips blew a huge lead again last night.

Imagine feeling this way 5 years ago? It's been a decade + since I've been so incensed after a loss. That's a good thing! We're getting better and stumbled after a promising start o the season. All teams struggle at times.
Hell, the Wizards record doesn't truly reflect how good they actually are.
"Sometimes, the dragon wins" #RallyTheValley

Return to Phoenix Suns