ImageImageImage

Game 9: Denver Nuggets (3-5) @Philadelphia 7-Sixers (7-2) - "Why so serious" game thread

Moderator: THE J0KER

THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
And1: 6,515

Game 9: Denver Nuggets (3-5) @Philadelphia 7-Sixers (7-2) - "Why so serious" game thread 

Post#1 » by THE J0KER » Sat Jan 9, 2021 10:15 pm

We will beat routinely NBA leading team, so stop complaining about Malone's decisions.

Curry Harris will show he can shoot threes.

Jokic should be rested, Malone should sit Nikola 3rd time this season when he comes 1 rebound close to the triple-double, to save his energy for the next game and prevent him from eventual unnecessary injuries and NBA records.

Sixers #21 pick rookie Tyrese Maxey will show why #20-#25 picks not deserving a chance in a rookie year, so stop complaining about Hampton and Nnaji.

After this win, we are 3-1 with Barton as a starter instead of Porter. Maybe we should more to listening to his arguments?
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets

Re: Game 9: Denver Nuggets (3-5) @Philadelphia 76errs (7-2) 

Post#2 » by THE J0KER » Sat Jan 9, 2021 10:23 pm

Nuggets won, just like I predicted!
Richard Miller
Veteran
And1: 2,884

Post#3 » by Richard Miller » Sat Jan 9, 2021 10:25 pm

Gary does look better and Jokic is still averaging a triple double, so those two nothing to worry about at the moment. More worried about Murray, shooting his inefficient turnarounds and Maxey blowing past him at will, Murray looked like the rookie out there. PJ should really stop his poor man's Barton/dribbling into the crowd when he has like three player wide open.
Manolito
Senior
And1: 391

Post#4 » by Manolito » Sat Jan 9, 2021 10:38 pm

Nnaji and Bol Bol 2 minutes
Hampton 5 minutes

Useless game

Sent from my GM1913 using RealGM mobile app
Richard Miller
Veteran

Re: Game 9: Denver Nuggets (3-5) @Philadelphia 76errs (7-2) - "Why so serious" game thread 

Post#5 » by Richard Miller » Sat Jan 9, 2021 11:02 pm

Manolito wrote:
Useless game

Gary 5-8 for three, that alone was worth it. Ofc, don't expect him to continue with that sort of efficiency, but it's a progress.
FilNugsFan
Sophomore
And1: 255

Re: Game 9: Denver Nuggets (3-5) @Philadelphia 76errs (7-2) - "Why so serious" game thread 

Post#6 » by FilNugsFan » Sat Jan 9, 2021 11:07 pm

Hopefully this is where Harris' shooting slump ends.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Re: Game 9: Denver Nuggets (3-5) @Philadelphia 7-Sixers (7-2) - "Why so serious" game thread 

Post#7 » by The Rebel » Sat Jan 9, 2021 11:15 pm

Murray should have been pulled 5 minutes into the game. I love him but that lack of effort was disgusting.

Nice to see Harris finally get his outside shot going, if he can get his shooting back that we maybe able to overcome the PF issues.

It was weird seeing Hampton come in so much earlier than Nnaji, I wonder if Nnaji is one of those guys who just suck in practice? While he is obviously making mistakes he seems to be making some decent plays and is okay on defense.

HOpefully Malone continues using Green and Hartenstein together, they did a lot better than that 4 guard lineup.
Richard Miller
Veteran

Re: Game 9: Denver Nuggets (3-5) @Philadelphia 7-Sixers (7-2) - "Why so serious" game thread 

Post#8 » by Richard Miller » Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:43 am

The Rebel wrote:It was weird seeing Hampton come in so much earlier than Nnaji, I wonder if Nnaji is one of those guys who just suck in practice? While he is obviously making mistakes he seems to be making some decent plays and is okay on defense.

Hampton has played pro already, so I imagine he's more ready, and should be more skilled, iirc the reports on him used to have him in the top of the draft at some point.
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,255

Post#9 » by skywalker33 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:57 am

THE J0KER wrote:Nuggets won, just like I predicted!

With the 76ers missing so many players, you really came thru Carnac :lol: Nice patting yourself on the back there :roll:
what you should've predicted was that Gary Harris would lead us in scoring :o
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Post#10 » by The Rebel » Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:29 am

Richard Miller wrote:
The Rebel wrote:It was weird seeing Hampton come in so much earlier than Nnaji, I wonder if Nnaji is one of those guys who just suck in practice? While he is obviously making mistakes he seems to be making some decent plays and is okay on defense.

Hampton has played pro already, so I imagine he's more ready, and should be more skilled, iirc the reports on him used to have him in the top of the draft at some point.

At 1 point he was the 2nd highest rated prospect out of this class. I have actually followed him for years. His issue is his shooting more than it is anything else.

1 big difference that I have heard Malone talk about was that Hampton knows how to be a pro, which Malone has always seemed more focused on than anything.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Post#11 » by NuggetsWY » Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:42 am

Just finished the game - early for me 8-)

My thoughts:
Jokic - love his consistent effort this year!
Millsap - playing like a solid, aging veteran bench player
Barton - nice shooting, poor rebounding - sounds like he needs to play guard not forward
Harris - movement! Hope he continues moving on offense and home others see how easy it is to score when you move while Jokic has the ball
Murray - He played like he had a pulled muscle and a fever: 11 shots, 1 rebound, 4 assists, 1 steal, 2 turnovers - 29 minutes should never produce a stat line like that (except for a deep bench player pushed into the starting lineup due to covid)

Bench - Malone used 15 players - probably should have given more minutes to the five at the end of the bench. The game wasn't as close as the final score indicated.

Green - playing like a very nice PF that is the 4th or 5th option on offense - defense & boards are fine
Hartenstein - still looking good, still deserves more minutes IMO
Campazzo - perhaps his worst game so far, but nothing wrong with it - was he a little unmotivated based on being used like a deep bench player tonight and recently?
Morris - The Ultimate Teammate: plays both ends of the floor, is consistent, looks to make everyone look good (except himself), positive attitude
Dozier - The Nuggets are a hard team to break into the rotation at guard, but he's impressing people - tonight he had 8 rebounds - sounds like more than just a guard
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#12 » by NuggetsWY » Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:47 am

The Rebel wrote:
Richard Miller wrote:

At 1 point he was the 2nd highest rated prospect out of this class. I have actually followed him for years. His issue is his shooting more than it is anything else.

1 big difference that I have heard Malone talk about was that Hampton knows how to be a pro, which Malone has always seemed more focused on than anything.

Isn't that why he plays Campazzo as a rookie? He's older and has played professionally. Granted, Hampton is younger, but he's played professionally.

We've always heard that shooters have trouble being consistent without consistent minutes. Hampton's shooting 50% from the field but I believe that's on just four shots.
Alatan
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,543

Post#13 » by Alatan » Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:05 am

Anyone know whats wrong with Murray? Is he hurt? Dude looks like a bench player that occasionally gets hot.
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets

Post#14 » by THE J0KER » Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:48 am

Alatan wrote:Anyone know whats wrong with Murray? Is he hurt? Dude looks like a bench player that occasionally gets hot.

This is the last game I would complain against anybody's efforts.

This game is literally a practice workout session for Nuggets and #4 win before it started, and I still not understand the NBA board why this game is not delayed. Murray has a slow start and problem with fatigue early this season, so this was a perfect opportunity for Malone to rest him. After missing the 2nd Kings game Murray was "bubble-Murray" good in the next two games (31p and 36p), so I hope after this "ghost" game he will be that good in the next two games in New York against the Knicks and Nets.
Alatan
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,543

Post#15 » by Alatan » Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:57 am

THE J0KER wrote:
Alatan wrote:Anyone know whats wrong with Murray? Is he hurt? Dude looks like a bench player that occasionally gets hot.

This is the last game I would complain against anybody's efforts.

This game is literally a practice workout session for Nuggets and #4 win before it started, and I still not understand the NBA board why this game is not delayed. Murray has a slow start and problem with fatigue early this season, so this was a perfect opportunity for Malone to rest him. After missing the 2nd Kings game Murray was "bubble-Murray" good in the next two games (31p and 36p), so I hope after this "ghost" game he will be that good in the next two games in New York against the Knicks and Nets.

Problem is Murray wasnt resting, he was playing almost 30 minutes and looked terrible. If he is hurt or nursing a nagging injury he should not be playing at all. If he is in a slump then he should be going at it with effort to get his game back.

He is playing just to be there. Doesnt contribute, doesnt give effort, looks bad and isnt resting/recovering. Total waste of playtime.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#16 » by NuggetsWY » Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:52 pm

THE J0KER wrote:I still not understand the NBA board why this game is not delayed.

The whole game was a joke; especially if you consider the NBA requires teams to suit up at least eight players. The Sixers brought in an eighth player out of nowhere (injured) and made no secret that he wouldn't be playing. They might as well have picked guy off the street and had him suit up.

Return to Denver Nuggets