PhillyPhilly
Bench Warmer
And1: 522

Re: Welcome Tyrese Maxey! 

Post#441 » by PhillyPhilly » Sat Jan 9, 2021 11:50 pm

Negrodamus wrote:
PhillyPhilly wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:
No one. Cal has given all his bluechip recruits the opportunity to run the show, to a fault, this year. BJ Boston needs another year, Terrence Clarke is a good player but not much of a shooter, Askew needs more time too.

I'm not sure Maxey was even misused at UK. He just happened to join the same year that Quickley (who has been balling out for the Knicks) and Hagans were running the show. You have to play all three and 2 of them were upperclassmen. He has the most FGA and second most 3FGA. That's also with Nick Richards and EJ Montgomery, two more upperclassmen, getting their shots.

"Quickley's been balling out"? He's played in five games, averages 6 points with a career high 16...are you sure he's balling out? :lol:

Classic post! Total gotcha moment! :emoji: :emoji:

Pat yourself on the back, I'll never recover from this ultimate takedown (that has nothing to do with my point about Maxey) !

Wasn't trying to "take you down"..just responding to a comment that was inaccurate, that's all.
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,746

Post#442 » by Negrodamus » Sat Jan 9, 2021 11:58 pm

PhillyPhilly wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:
PhillyPhilly wrote:
"Quickley's been balling out"? He's played in five games, averages 6 points with a career high 16...are you sure he's balling out? :lol:

Pat yourself on the back, I'll never recover from this ultimate takedown (that has nothing to do with my point about Maxey) !

Wasn't trying to "take you down"..just responding to a comment that was inaccurate, that's all.

Your reputation precedes you. You have shown don't know how to have normal discourse and are only combative, whether you mean to or not.

Anyway, he's top 5 in VORP as the 25th player in the draft. In games where he played meaningful minutes (15 or more) he put up efficient scoring stats. Yes, he's balling out for his position in the draft.
sodmoraes
Pro Prospect
And1: 535

Post#443 » by sodmoraes » Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:08 am

If Maxey keeps getting better and gaining Doc's trust do you guys think it's possible that he gets the starting job until the end of the season?

A lineup of :
Maxey/Curry/Simmons/Tobias/Embiid seems really good if Morey doesnt want to trade Ben( he should tho). We would have a pg who can create and shoot of the dribble . The problem would be that our backcourt would be small.

Sent from my SM-G920I using RealGM mobile app
[quote:bba5df4c1f="hornetstime"]jr smith will be out of this league in 2 years, book it.[/quote]
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,046

Post#444 » by Sixerscan » Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:11 am

sodmoraes wrote:If Maxey keeps getting better and gaining Doc's trust do you guys think it's possible that he gets the starting job until the end of the season?

A lineup of :
Maxey/Curry/Simmons/Tobias/Embiid seems really good if Morey doesnt want to trade Ben( he should tho). We would have a pg who can create and shoot of the dribble . The problem would be that our backcourt would be small.

It's certainly possible. Also possible Green starts but ends up playing less than both him and Shake.
Iverson Armband
Starter
And1: 1,588

Post#445 » by Iverson Armband » Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:27 am

Ben annoys me less if Maxey is starting.
always a jump shot away.
PhillyPhilly
Bench Warmer
And1: 522

Post#446 » by PhillyPhilly » Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:35 am

Negrodamus wrote:
PhillyPhilly wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:

Your reputation precedes you. You have shown don't know how to have normal discourse and are only combative, whether you mean to or not.

Anyway, he's top 5 in VORP as the 25th player in the draft. In games where he played meaningful minutes (15 or more) he put up efficient scoring stats. Yes, he's balling out for his position in the draft.

5, 9, 3, 16, 0 are his scores in the five games he's played in and he's averaging 6 ppg. Could you explain to me and everyone else how these numbers are seen as "balling" in your eyes please? Because apparently I'm missing something :-? .
ivysixer2000
General Manager
And1: 2,016

Post#447 » by ivysixer2000 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:24 am

Sixerscan wrote:
sodmoraes wrote:If Maxey keeps getting better and gaining Doc's trust do you guys think it's possible that he gets the starting job until the end of the season?

A lineup of :

It's certainly possible. Also possible Green starts but ends up playing less than both him and Shake.

Yeah I have to agree with that, while Maxey and Shake have had their moments, we can't depend on either of them to be a consistent starter right now. I know some think Green shouldn't even be on the floor over these 2, but he does have value to start the game and 3rd quarter for spacing and D. I do hope Doc will look at whichever is hot to finish games and halves between Maxey and Shake though once we are healthy (if that ever happens).
Black Mage
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,580

Post#448 » by Black Mage » Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:46 am

I truly love this kid. I think his goal, besides refining his shooting mechanics a bit, is to get the Shake Milton 10-15 lbs of muscle put on his frame.
bball4life
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,262

Post#449 » by bball4life » Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:38 am

Boston took that stiff nesmith over this stud. Thank you Danny Ainge.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,422

Post#450 » by 76ciology » Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:53 am

A lineup of :

Possible but very likely no.

The offense of the starting revolves around Biid. If you put Maxey on that 5 man unit, you will be forced to either waste Maxey by letting him be a spot up shooter/close out attacker role or you force Ben into the dunker spot.

What you may likely see is Milton starting. Still having a Biid centric offense. Then have Maxey and Milton run havoc with the second unit.

But what is very likely is we stick to the starting unit and just be content with really good defense and Biid centric offense then have Milton and Maxey run offense of the second unit.

Maxey’s emergence should give Doc option to either have Milton, Maxey, Seth or Green to end the game with Ben, Tobi or Biid though.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
elchengue20
Sixth Man
And1: 1,484

Post#451 » by elchengue20 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:52 am

Its a huge positive sign watching him being able to carry an offense this early. Also he made 3's wich is his biggest weakness.Like i sayed, at least hes going to end up being a very good 6th man for multiple years.He may even be one this season.

We probably got the steal of the draft.Its nice to finally hit a homerun there after the Fultz and Zhaire busts.We deserve it.
LeTimmAy
Freshman
And1: 41

Post#452 » by LeTimmAy » Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:18 am

Well I'd say Milton was good value.
Jhawk03
Pro Prospect
And1: 338

Post#453 » by Jhawk03 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:06 am

I like what I see from Maxey, he's not afraid to put the ball on the court and get to the rim. His lack of contact and getting to the line not withstanding... although that should and can be improved upon. Him being a UK guard, if his ceiling is even that of John Wall pre-injury, we absolutely must keep him.
phillynative
General Manager
And1: 2,714

Post#454 » by phillynative » Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:27 am

He plays with alot of energy and high motor which is fun to watch but he will be even better once the game slows down for him.
BoomBap
Bench Warmer
And1: 401

Post#455 » by BoomBap » Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:23 pm

Man, I love this kid. He is a baller.
Skates
Head Coach
And1: 3,773

Post#456 » by Skates » Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:37 pm

Incredible irony that the pick was the one we traded Fultz to get (a second time).
6ers83
Senior
And1: 195

Post#457 » by 6ers83 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:46 pm

I’m honesty not sure what to make of him yet. He’s only 6-3 or but can finish at the tin - that floater is awesome. His D is horrible right now but he’s young. He had the rock in hands a lot yesterday but did not have a lot of assist. For me his game is very hard to evaluate whether it will translate to winning basketball. I love the fact the kid is not afraid of anything though he’s a complete opposite of Markelle Fultz to say the least he’s not afraid of anything.
sixers hoops
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 3,057

Post#458 » by sixers hoops » Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:09 pm

LeTimmAy wrote:Well I'd say Milton was good value.

Milton was great value. Shamet as well. Getting rotational players in the 20s is very good. However, Shake was amazing value. I thought Thybulle was good value for where he was drafted, but his trajectory is less clear now.

In sports you really need a good owner, GM, and coach to regularly succeed, or the process will break down. Ultimately, in almost every sport, having a guy that can draft is a game changer. You see what the Flyers did with with consistently good drafts. You see where the Phillies and Eagles are with consistently bad drafts. You see where Sam Presti ends up with ownership limitations. Draft picks are the currency of the NBA rosters, and when spent wisely, you can quickly increase your talent pool.

Having guys like Zhaire and Fultz come in an contribute nothing is a killer. Then having a guy like Maxey, who you knew after that first preseason game was a rotational player, is a huge addition to the roster.
sixers hoops
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 3,057

Post#459 » by sixers hoops » Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:16 pm

6ers83 wrote:I’m honesty not sure what to make of him yet. He’s only 6-3 or but can finish at the tin - that floater is awesome. His D is horrible right now but he’s young. He had the rock in hands a lot yesterday but did not have a lot of assist. For me his game is very hard to evaluate whether it will translate to winning basketball. I love the fact the kid is not afraid of anything though he’s a complete opposite of Markelle Fultz to say the least he’s not afraid of anything.

I don’t fault him for the assists yesterday. He only had six teammates, and several of them where seeing their first NBA minutes. He was running a summer league team for the most part. He prob has barely played with most of them.

His ultimate ceiling I can’t predict right now. I think he will at least be a Lou Williams high-end bench player. Whether he will be a starter in this league remains to be seen, but looks promising. Not sure how much his defense improves.
Iverson Armband
Starter
And1: 1,588

Post#460 » by Iverson Armband » Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:32 pm

6ers83 wrote:I’m honesty not sure what to make of him yet. He’s only 6-3 or but can finish at the tin - that floater is awesome. His D is horrible right now but he’s young. He had the rock in hands a lot yesterday but did not have a lot of assist. For me his game is very hard to evaluate whether it will translate to winning basketball. I love the fact the kid is not afraid of anything though he’s a complete opposite of Markelle Fultz to say the least he’s not afraid of anything.

His defense isn’t horrible. Doc said he’s great on the ball but needs work navigating screens. I’d say the eye test matches that. He’s only a rook too.
always a jump shot away.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers