ImageImageImage

Tatum to enter quarantine, miss 10 to 14 days

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

jmr07019
General Manager
And1: 7,755

Re: Tatum to enter quarantine, miss 10 to 14 days 

Post#101 » by jmr07019 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:58 am

4 regional bubbles, 2 per conference for a month then whole league gets vaccinated
Show Love Spread Love
Taget
Analyst
And1: 2,628

Post#102 » by Taget » Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:00 am

Parliament10 wrote:
SmartWentCrazy wrote:Adam Silver: We havent scheduled the second half of the season so we can be flexible in case of an outbreak on a team

Also Adam Silver: the 76ers and Celtics have to play, even if they have 5-7 people out due to COVID protocols.

It's just Crazy. Literally.

GoCeltics123 wrote:For context

Read on Twitter

This makes no sense.
One more Out, and we can't play.

76ers are in a similar boat.

I thought there was some rule where you can suit up the coach in a pinch. Let Brad play!
[quote:545636310b="Darth Celtic"]man, these refs need to stop giving us the benefit of the doubt and start screwing us.[/quote]

floyd
Bench Warmer
And1: 648

Post#103 » by floyd » Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:05 am

There’s not enough vaccine available to give it to lower risk populations like NBA players. Health care workers and the elderly are first in line.
tlee324
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,366

Post#104 » by tlee324 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:00 am

Ain't that a b-tch
Ernest
Sixth Man
And1: 1,271

Post#105 » by Ernest » Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:14 am

How did it work in Hou? Didn't they get to postpone a game after Harden went out partying ;)? Is there a number where if that many people are out because of Covid we can just delay those games?

I guess at the end of the day it doesn't matter. We will make the playoffs and the rankings should be all over the place as other teams will have these issues too. nd home court advantage could end up meaning nothing if there are no fans still.
The_Ghost_of_JB
RealGM
And1: 17,681

Post#106 » by The_Ghost_of_JB » Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:16 am

celticfan42487 wrote:
The_Ghost_of_JB wrote:
bisme37 wrote:Might be time for the league to go on a 2 week lockdown honestly. Give it a rest for a minute with all these players dropping like flies.

I don't disagree but the season started 2 weeks ago. If they cannot get through two weeks without shutting down not much hope for the rest of the season. This is going to be an ongoing battle all year.

The vaccines are being rolled out for phase 1 in MA.

Honestly, a sports league is probably only a month away from the relatively small number of vaccines needed for their players and staff.

But yeah the NBA cares more about money than the health of their players so it won't happen.

Hopefully Tatum doesn't suffer long term implications down the road in his 40s because of this. But it doesn't seem too much of an ask to just shut it down a month or so and restart it.

True but the general population won't get it until the last phase which is hopefully summer. If the NBA players get it before the general population it will be a PR nightmare IMO.
*Insert witty signature here.*
Green89
RealGM
And1: 26,621

Post#107 » by Green89 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:24 am

It's time for this man to suit up. He never officially retired.

Spoiler:
celticfan42487
RealGM
And1: 15,277

Post#108 » by celticfan42487 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:25 am

The_Ghost_of_JB wrote:
celticfan42487 wrote:
The_Ghost_of_JB wrote:
I don't disagree but the season started 2 weeks ago. If they cannot get through two weeks without shutting down not much hope for the rest of the season. This is going to be an ongoing battle all year.

Honestly, a sports league is probably only a month away from the relatively small number of vaccines needed for their players and staff.

But yeah the NBA cares more about money than the health of their players so it won't happen.

Hopefully Tatum doesn't suffer long term implications down the road in his 40s because of this. But it doesn't seem too much of an ask to just shut it down a month or so and restart it.

True but the general population won't get it until the last phase which is hopefully summer. If the NBA players get it before the general population it will be a PR nightmare IMO.

I think they'll understand as long as it's not before those in Phase 1 (medical professionals and such) get a chance.

People don't want their sports interrupted and the idea of higher priority before the last stage is pretty well received. And the only counterargument is just releasing in a first come first serve manner which is a Libertarian approach so those people wouldn't mind a rich gets it first as a result of that because that's the only way that ever ends.
GreenBloodedC
RealGM
And1: 14,436

Post#109 » by GreenBloodedC » Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:35 am

NBA must do something about this. Not just because teams are missing players and games may be cancelled, but to put the health of the players first.
Ernest
Sixth Man
And1: 1,271

Post#110 » by Ernest » Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:51 am

GreenBloodedC wrote:NBA must do something about this. Not just because teams are missing players and games may be cancelled, but to put the health of the players first.

I guess, but is anyone really getting sick? I know a lot of guys got it, but have any got really sick from it? Not trying to start a whole thing, just wondering.
return2glory
RealGM
And1: 9,687

Post#111 » by return2glory » Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:52 am

This was expected. I’m surprised more players from more teams aren’t testing positive for it.

F it. Hope everyone else on the team is ok. Play Nesmith even if he isn’t ready.
sunshinekids99
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 228

Post#112 » by sunshinekids99 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:54 am

floyd wrote:There’s not enough vaccine available to give it to lower risk populations like NBA players. Health care workers and the elderly are first in line.

Exactly. Too many at risk people need it right now. Seems NBA is going with the NFL model of just pushing through.
return2glory
RealGM
And1: 9,687

Post#113 » by return2glory » Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:55 am

At this pace, NBA might go back to the bubble.
SMTBSI
RealGM
And1: 25,281

Post#114 » by SMTBSI » Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:06 am

floyd wrote:There’s not enough vaccine available to give it to lower risk populations like NBA players. Health care workers and the elderly are first in line.

Yup, and that's the way it should be. Got to keep things in perspective.
SMTBSI
RealGM

Post#115 » by SMTBSI » Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:09 am

sunshinekids99 wrote:

Exactly. Too many at risk people need it right now. Seems NBA is going with the NFL model of just pushing through.

Welcome back from the dead!
sunshinekids99
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 228

Post#116 » by sunshinekids99 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:21 am

SMTBSI wrote:
sunshinekids99 wrote:

Thanks! Not sure what made me check out the boards.
SMTBSI
RealGM

Post#117 » by SMTBSI » Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:29 am

sunshinekids99 wrote:
SMTBSI wrote:
sunshinekids99 wrote:Exactly. Too many at risk people need it right now. Seems NBA is going with the NFL model of just pushing through.

Thanks! Not sure what made me check out the boards.

A gut instinct that things are going to start to get interesting around these parts, I'd guess.
The_Ghost_of_JB
RealGM
And1: 17,681

Post#118 » by The_Ghost_of_JB » Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:40 am

celticfan42487 wrote:
The_Ghost_of_JB wrote:
celticfan42487 wrote:

I think they'll understand as long as it's not before those in Phase 1 (medical professionals and such) get a chance.

People don't want their sports interrupted and the idea of higher priority before the last stage is pretty well received. And the only counterargument is just releasing in a first come first serve manner which is a Libertarian approach so those people wouldn't mind a rich gets it first as a result of that because that's the only way that ever ends.

When this whole thing started and tests were hard to come by and the NBA players were getting tested there was a little bit of controversy.

There will absolutely be people that will be upset if NBA players get special preference and get the vaccines before , or at the same time, as older people, teachers, health workers and public workers. I know I would be very upset if my parents or in laws couldn't get a shot because some healthy rich millionaire NBA player received one first.

There's only a limited amount of shots and if if they get it in phase 2, and start taking it away from people that need it nore than them, it will be an absolute nightmare for the NBA and its not a road they want to go down . The players can't wait until phase 3 like most of us.
*Insert witty signature here.*
LewisnotMiller
Analyst
And1: 3,232

Post#119 » by LewisnotMiller » Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:42 am

Taget wrote:
Parliament10 wrote:
SmartWentCrazy wrote:Adam Silver: We havent scheduled the second half of the season so we can be flexible in case of an outbreak on a team

Also Adam Silver: the 76ers and Celtics have to play, even if they have 5-7 people out due to COVID protocols.

It's just Crazy. Literally.

GoCeltics123 wrote:For context

Read on Twitter

This makes no sense.
One more Out, and we can't play.

76ers are in a similar boat.

I thought there was some rule where you can suit up the coach in a pinch. Let Brad play!

As funny as that would be, ET would be first in line I think
Spin Move
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,037

Post#120 » by Spin Move » Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:13 am

We will lose a couple more then we would have but some of the 1st and 2nd year players will get some run and we will be better for it long term. You need real PT to generate confidence without GH getting heart Tatum's development is much slower. Without Kyrie Getting Hurt Rozier and JB might never have fully bloomed into what they have become (JB is Much better then Terry). Someone will come out of these 10 days with a new found confidence, hopefully it is Nesmith, maybe it is semi, but someone will get shots and PT and hopefullly make the most of it.

Return to Boston Celtics