Dragic/Barbosa/Amundson
No votes
Booker/CP3/Ayton
No votes

Total votes: 46

King4Day
RealGM
And1: 9,205

Re: Game 10: Phoenix Suns (6-3) @ Indiana Pacers (6-2) l Saturday l 5:00pm l FSNAZ 

Post#281 » by King4Day » Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:13 am

I missed most of the second half. Why didn't Paul finish the game? I heard there was a lot of point Book
"Sometimes, the dragon wins" #RallyTheValley
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,809

Re: Game 10: Phoenix Suns (6-3) @ Indiana Pacers (6-2) l Saturday l 5:00pm l FSNAZ 

Post#282 » by Saberestar » Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:17 am

King4Day wrote:I missed most of the second half. Why didn't Paul finish the game? I heard there was a lot of point Book

Paul finished the game. He entered with 3 mins left.

Book played as a PG around 6 minutes in the fourth quarter.
SuperSunsFan
Sixth Man
And1: 1,364

Post#283 » by SuperSunsFan » Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:18 am

cberry78 wrote:
SuperSunsFan wrote:does anyone else also gets upset the whole night when suns not win the games they were supposed to win? i was mad as hell last night.

my emotions also swing more severely since the lockdown in march and never recovered, i think i have some sort of depression.

From an internet stranger but take care of yourself. If you have the opportunity to talk to someone about what you're going through, do it. Ain't nothing wrong with reaching out to professionals when you need someone, ESPECIALLY in this climate and what we've been through as a society and as humans over the last year (plus).

As I said, I'm just an internet stranger, but if you need help finding resources you might not know you have (in the US at least) - let me know.

nothing serious i think, just i used to love going out to dinner or going to movies and bars to watch games now even there is no lockdown here we still try to avoid going out as much as possible and i hated that. I miss the sweat stink of people in a crowded theater, i want to go to disney land.
grumpysaddle
RealGM
And1: 13,923

Post#284 » by grumpysaddle » Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:21 am

bigfoot wrote:
KLEON wrote:
GoranTragic wrote:
Why do you have to bring him down?

Ayton is getting better defensively.

He's bringing down himself. Just a reminder that he was the #1 pick and this is year 3,you people need to stop pampering him. I wish we had a big like Sabonis

His offensive game is just not refined enough ... yet. He's developing just fine with his defense and rebounding. He's on Gobert-like trajectory on defense and will be way better on offense in a few more years.

https://stathead.com/tiny/3NF0i

I'd still swap him for Sabonis in a heartbeat.
SuperSunsFan
Sixth Man

Post#285 » by SuperSunsFan » Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:32 am

for the record i am also extremely mad over Jones not picking Haliburton, he is this draft's Devin Booker and we passed on him, our backcourt would be set for the decade, Jalen Smith better be good.
NapoleonII
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,420

Post#286 » by NapoleonII » Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:35 am

Nice to see 7 assists on 0 turnovers from Book.

This was the game where I was like damn, we are a good team aren't we?
SlovenianDragon
Head Coach
And1: 11,061

Post#288 » by SlovenianDragon » Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:49 am

SuperSunsFan wrote:does anyone else also gets upset the whole night when suns not win the games they were supposed to win? i was mad as hell last night.

my emotions also swing more severely since the lockdown in march and never recovered, i think i have some sort of depression.

NO and YES and no and yes...

When the suns lost last night vs the pistons i was pissed off. But not in like a bad way I just didn't like what i saw and didnt want to talk about it.

So when they lost i signed off on the msg board that i was going to have a big glass of wine and cry myself to sleep.

So what i ended up doing is pouring myself a big glass of wine and watched the grand tour. Had fun and forgot about the game.

Then went to bed and slept like a baby.

I can overreact in the present. But can then take a step back and relax.

Balance.
Golanator
Sixth Man
And1: 1,376

Post#289 » by Golanator » Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:49 am

SuperSunsFan wrote:for the record i am also extremely mad over Jones not picking Haliburton, he is this draft's Devin Booker and we passed on him, our backcourt would be set for the decade, Jalen Smith better be good.

That one is going to haunt us...ugh
SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,426

Post#290 » by SunsRback4Good » Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:16 am

Golanator wrote:
SuperSunsFan wrote:for the record i am also extremely mad over Jones not picking Haliburton, he is this draft's Devin Booker and we passed on him, our backcourt would be set for the decade, Jalen Smith better be good.

Add in Luka instead of Ayton as well.
Golanator
Sixth Man
And1: 1,376

Post#291 » by Golanator » Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:36 am

SunsRback4Good wrote:
Golanator wrote:

Sure, but I expected us to take Ayton all along. That wasn't really a surprise.

Jalen Smith was out of nowhere. I want to buy in, and he's been okay at times (opening game vs DAL), but Tyrese is a rising star and was clearly a higher rated player on most draft boards. Just pain.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,622

Post#292 » by lilfishi22 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:36 am

Huge win for us early in the season. Ayton rebounded well but the guy had a handful of shot attempts that we're blocked or altered because he just didn't take it in strong and that's super frustrating
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
Blackification
Head Coach
And1: 2,229

Post#293 » by Blackification » Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:38 am

bwgood77 wrote:
NTB wrote:
Read on Twitter

CP3 looked stoked. I wonder who he'd vote for as better 3rd year player, SGA or Bridges.

He posted on his IG story from his angle, their reaction to the collateral damage was hilarious
SuperSunsFan
Sixth Man

Post#294 » by SuperSunsFan » Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:07 am

Golanator wrote:
SunsRback4Good wrote:
Golanator wrote:

Jalen Smith was out of nowhere. I want to buy in, and he's been okay at times (opening game vs DAL), but Tyrese is a rising star and was clearly a higher rated player on most draft boards. Just pain.

Ayton involved less risk, Luka could have very easily became Saric, they profiled very similarly. I understand the pick of Ayton, how many big men with his skills, even when we all claim he is halfazzing out there he still gives you all star stats. Haliburton is the best player available playing the position of need with very few red flags aside his shooting form, just like michael porter jr when these players fall you got to buy the dip like tsla at $380
spanishninja
General Manager
And1: 6,137

Post#295 » by spanishninja » Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:41 am

SuperSunsFan wrote:
Golanator wrote:
SunsRback4Good wrote:

Ayton involved less risk, Luka could have very easily became Saric, they profiled very similarly. I understand the pick of Ayton, how many big men with his skills, even when we all claim he is halfazzing out there he still gives you all star stats. Haliburton is the best player available playing the position of need with very few red flags aside his shooting form, just like michael porter jr when these players fall you got to buy the dip like tsla at $380

the way Ayton is shaping up, he is becoming almost as unique a commodity as somebody like Luka in this league. Good defensive anchors are very rare these days, and the few that are out there (like Gobert, Adebayo and Turner) are not even close to being available to the Suns. if we did not draft Ayton, I'm pretty sure we would never be able to get somebody like that anytime soon. And I'm still not convinced that Luka would have been able to share the ball with Booker effectively, seeing how much usage he demands.

I dunno about you, but I'd sooner slit my wrists than have Alex Len be all we have in the middle.
Flying Colors
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,489

Post#296 » by Flying Colors » Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:50 am

At this point, we’ll find more peace accepting Ayton for who he is, then getting angry at who he isn’t. Yeah, sure he is a 1st overall pick, blah blah whatever, but its best to just get over it.
SuperSunsFan
Sixth Man

Post#297 » by SuperSunsFan » Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:09 am

remember there used to be a big man camp in the summer that young bigs were sent there to learn post skills and footwork, it later became private lessons with the Dream. Ayton is someone i never thought needed to go to the big man camp or taking lessons from the Dream, the skills are already all there. I actually think the game has not slowed down to him, he is still learning and maturing and its quite scary that he is putting up these numbers based entirely on raw talent.
matt131
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,758

Post#298 » by matt131 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:23 am

Just watched the highlights. A few things popped out.

First, the pacers commentators were hating hard core on Ayton talking about how soft he is and how he doesn't want any type of contact. Scouting report is out, "Big" fella.

Pacers 5 out offense is really nice. Shows two things. One, without a big in the middle of the paint, cuts and drives to the basket are so much more effective (we always look so dang crowded on offense with Ayton in the game). Two, it shows how vital Deandre is to our defense. Without him in the middle to guard the basket, our perimeter players get blown by with no backup.

Bridges and Cam are legit our best players. I know Paul is super smart and Booker is a scorer, but Paul is a bit old and Booker is a bit boneheaded at times. Cam and Bridges are super high IQ, make few mistakes, and are playing their roles perfectly. Bridges is amazing. Always in the right place at the right time.

I like the whole Saric as a backup 5 thing, but we are really small.We still lack athleticism in the front court outside of Ayton (some might say even including Ayton). Maybe Jalen was meant to fill this role. Not sure. Would love for him to get better soon (both ankle and COVID) so he can start practicing and getting some spot minutes. If he turns into a true 3 point threat who can guard the paint, he will be extremely useful off the bench.

And not to harp on it, but there was a play in which Ayton tries to float/roll in a shot that got blocked by Turner and turned into an immediate 3 for the Pacers. I honestly wonder if Ayton is afraid of getting hurt or something. If he would just go up kinda strong with two hands (not even saying he should dunk it), he would at least get fouled. Yes, he's barely played one game in his career and I know he didn't start playing basketball until he was 45 years old, but he is SO coachable on the defensive end that it's confusing to me why he doesn't implement changes on the offensive end. It can't be that the coaching staff isn't telling him this stuff.
SuperSunsFan
Sixth Man

Post#299 » by SuperSunsFan » Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:44 am

whether Ayton is afraid to get hurt is a very legit question, if his goal is all about getting that second and third contract then preserving his health should be the utmost priority to him and everything about his softness suddenly makes sense.
Adrao
Junior
And1: 195

Post#300 » by Adrao » Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:50 am

Flying Colors wrote:At this point, we’ll find more peace accepting Ayton for who he is, then getting angry at who he isn’t. Yeah, sure he is a 1st overall pick, blah blah whatever, but its best to just get over it.
Exactly, it's not Aytons fault to be 1st picked so let's go with it and just ask him to improve his game.

Return to Phoenix Suns