ImageImageImageImageImage

Trade Thread (EPISODE VI: Can't we just put EVERYTHING in the TE?)

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

donkeylips
Veteran
And1: 1,305

Re: Trade Thread (EPISODE VI: Can't we just put EVERYTHING in the TE?) 

Post#441 » by donkeylips » Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:00 am

I forgot to include picks
I can hawk a loogie eight feet in the air and catch it with my tongue.
YogurtProducer
RealGM
And1: 26,895

Post#442 » by YogurtProducer » Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:13 am

How interested would you guys be in Lowry? Something like Wiggins/Paschall or Wiggins/pick? Since Oubre is hit garbage maybe him as well for Powell?
What an absolute failure and disaster this franchise is, ran by one of the most incompetent front offices in the league.
- Raptors RealGM Forum re: Masai Ujiri - June 2023
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,006

Post#443 » by FNQ » Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:18 am

YogurtProducer wrote:How interested would you guys be in Lowry? Something like Wiggins/Paschall or Wiggins/pick? Since Oubre is hit garbage maybe him as well for Powell?

Not particularly interested in adding assets to shed Wiggins' salary with the way he's playing. We're so far over the cap that cap savings just doesnt have much value, and Lowry does not seem like a long-term fit. If you are looking to absorb a bad contract and find a team that needs a PG, Wiggins' former team probably a better bet.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,635

Post#444 » by Coxy » Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:21 am

YogurtProducer wrote:How interested would you guys be in Lowry? Something like Wiggins/Paschall or Wiggins/pick? Since Oubre is hit garbage maybe him as well for Powell?

Absolutely zero interest in Lowry, unless it is for Oubre + Looney or something. Kyle is turning 35 in March and is expiring, and he likely does not resign with us in a backup role.
azwfan
RealGM
And1: 3,742

Post#445 » by azwfan » Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:25 am

I'm not interested right now. Maybe check back in around the trade deadline. In general i'm not in favor of using assets to shed salary unless there is a specific followup move that utilizes the added salary flexibility.
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
YogurtProducer
RealGM

Post#446 » by YogurtProducer » Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:31 am

Coxy wrote:

Absolutely zero interest in Lowry, unless it is for Oubre + Looney or something. Kyle is turning 35 in March and is expiring, and he likely does not resign with us in a backup role.

Surprised by the negativity in this. Lowry would likely start for you guys with a starting lineup of Lowry/Curry/Oubre/Dray/Wiseman ans I think immediately makes you guys way way better. The dudes been still a top 25 player this year and next year when Klay comes back I think you’d immediately be championship favourites again

The dude has it in him still. I think he would be a good piece for a championship run
What an absolute failure and disaster this franchise is, ran by one of the most incompetent front offices in the league.
YogurtProducer
RealGM

Post#447 » by YogurtProducer » Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:33 am

FNQ wrote:

Not particularly interested in adding assets to shed Wiggins' salary with the way he's playing. We're so far over the cap that cap savings just doesnt have much value, and Lowry does not seem like a long-term fit. If you are looking to absorb a bad contract and find a team that needs a PG, Wiggins' former team probably a better bet.

Wasn’t viewing it as a salary shedding opportunity, was thinking he would be a legitimate upgrade and be a fantastic player as your 3rd/4th option once Klay returns next year. Lowry/Curry/Klay/Dray/Wiseman seems like an incredible lineup. Could include Powell for Oubre as well who would be a great sixth man
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#448 » by FNQ » Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:46 am

YogurtProducer wrote:
FNQ wrote:

Wasn’t viewing it as a salary shedding opportunity, was thinking he would be a legitimate upgrade and be a fantastic player as your 3rd/4th option once Klay returns next year. Lowry/Curry/Klay/Dray/Wiseman seems like an incredible lineup. Could include Powell for Oubre as well who would be a great sixth man

We cant have someone smaller than Curry out there on the court with him starting.. Lowry would be relegated to a 20mpg bench role if we got him. And we'd have to retain him.. and since it would cost additional assets to Wiggins, just dont see it having legs as a fit for us. Value wise its of course fine from our side, but doesnt seem to jive with how we play.

To wit, look at our smaller guards not named Curry (Mulder, Wannamaker, Poole) - those would be the minutes we'd have available for Lowry, and it seems wasteful considering his talent
YogurtProducer
RealGM

Post#449 » by YogurtProducer » Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:55 am

FNQ wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:
FNQ wrote:

We cant have someone smaller than Curry out there on the court with him starting.. Lowry would be relegated to a 20mpg bench role if we got him. And we'd have to retain him.. and since it would cost additional assets to Wiggins, just dont see it having legs as a fit for us. Value wise its of course fine from our side, but doesnt seem to jive with how we play.

To wit, look at our smaller guards not named Curry (Mulder, Wannamaker, Poole) - those would be the minutes we'd have available for Lowry, and it seems wasteful considering his talent

Lowry has been playing the 2 here in TO, I assume he could do it in GS as well.
Quazza
Head Coach
And1: 1,727

Post#450 » by Quazza » Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:59 am

yeah he might be short, but Lowry is a dog. Strong
KevinMcreynolds wrote:BIG DICK BOB DOIN WORK

KGdaBom wrote:You can go back and read every post I made. Never said one bad thing about one person until Coxy came up with his Vagiclean comment
azwfan
RealGM
And1: 3,742

Post#451 » by azwfan » Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:09 am

YogurtProducer wrote:
FNQ wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:Wasn’t viewing it as a salary shedding opportunity, was thinking he would be a legitimate upgrade and be a fantastic player as your 3rd/4th option once Klay returns next year. Lowry/Curry/Klay/Dray/Wiseman seems like an incredible lineup. Could include Powell for Oubre as well who would be a great sixth man

What would you want for Terrance Davis?
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#452 » by FNQ » Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:21 am

YogurtProducer wrote:
FNQ wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:Wasn’t viewing it as a salary shedding opportunity, was thinking he would be a legitimate upgrade and be a fantastic player as your 3rd/4th option once Klay returns next year. Lowry/Curry/Klay/Dray/Wiseman seems like an incredible lineup. Could include Powell for Oubre as well who would be a great sixth man

He couldn't, but it merits more of an explanation than just that

Wiggins, currently our 2, is in the Klay role defensively when we go man to man. That means its his job to stifle the primary wing player (sometimes including PG) whos likely the most ball-dominant. This is because Curry plays better off-ball, so whenever we get that chance, we take it. And this is a big reason why Wiggins' defense is being celebrated this year as opposed to maligned

Conversely when there's a small, PG-sized ball-dominant guard, we tend to fall back into a zone more. And the wings of that zone (Wiggins/Oubre) are super long, because our over-help style defense needs them to recover extremely fast to challenge 3pt shooters.

So is it possible we could make something work with Lowry? Of course - but we'd have to pivot from a strategy that's working pretty well right now, and I dont think the upside is there to make it worth it for us, especially at the expense of our most dependable bench scorer, or future assets that can really help us next offseason
killmongrel
Veteran
And1: 1,276

Post#453 » by killmongrel » Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:44 am

I think Excremento is going to just tank this year. What do you guys think about Oubre/Looney for Barnes?
YogurtProducer
RealGM

Post#454 » by YogurtProducer » Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:52 am

azwfan wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:
FNQ wrote:

What would you want for Terrance Davis?
personally wouldn’t trade Him. Powell is the target
YogurtProducer
RealGM

Post#455 » by YogurtProducer » Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:53 am

FNQ wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:
FNQ wrote:

Wiggins, currently our 2, is in the Klay role defensively when we go man to man. That means its his job to stifle the primary wing player (sometimes including PG) whos likely the most ball-dominant. This is because Curry plays better off-ball, so whenever we get that chance, we take it. And this is a big reason why Wiggins' defense is being celebrated this year as opposed to maligned

Conversely when there's a small, PG-sized ball-dominant guard, we tend to fall back into a zone more. And the wings of that zone (Wiggins/Oubre) are super long, because our over-help style defense needs them to recover extremely fast to challenge 3pt shooters.

So is it possible we could make something work with Lowry? Of course - but we'd have to pivot from a strategy that's working pretty well right now, and I dont think the upside is there to make it worth it for us, especially at the expense of our most dependable bench scorer, or future assets that can really help us next offseason

Ah see I think you guys would be smarter to be thinking for next year, and I don’t see Wiggins having a role once Klay returns.

Wiggins who at this point is a role player for Lowry who is an all star seemed like a no brainer to me. As a Toronto fan I know our team would get 15 wins worse making that move, which is kind of why I want it haha
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#456 » by FNQ » Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:03 am

YogurtProducer wrote:
FNQ wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:Lowry has been playing the 2 here in TO, I assume he could do it in GS as well.

Ah see I think you guys would be smarter to be thinking for next year, and I don’t see Wiggins having a role once Klay returns.

Wiggins who at this point is a role player for Lowry who is an all star seemed like a no brainer to me. As a Toronto fan I know our team would get 15 wins worse making that move, which is kind of why I want it haha

Wiggins has been running our 2nd unit really, really well. And I think he'll start at SF next year - Oubre is definitely not looking like a piece we're keeping. As it stands, I think we look like this next year:

Curry /
Klay / Wiggins / Lee / Mulder
Wiggins / Lee
Draymond / Paschall
Wiseman / Looney / Paschall

And we'd have those 2 picks to play with as well. So ideally I think we'd be looking at a deal this year where we turn either Wiggins, but preferably Oubre, and those picks into a top of the line SF. That should be our path going forward. Now if Lowry helps expedite that in a 3 way trade, I can see that, but I cannot see a scenario where we acquire Lowry with the intent of using him on our roster

But if you are interested in getting worse, we do have Oubre here.. and he's a whole hell of a lot of fun to watch.
Coxy
RealGM

Post#457 » by Coxy » Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:09 am

YogurtProducer wrote:
FNQ wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:Lowry has been playing the 2 here in TO, I assume he could do it in GS as well.

1. Would Lowry be OK coming off the bench next season?
2. Would Lowry resign with us for a cheaper, bench role.

Wiggins absolutely has a role with the Warriors, especially on defence. The lineup next season will be Curry/Klay/Wiggins/Green/Wiseman, so Lowry leading the bench unit and possibly being involved in the death lineup I can see. Wiggins for Lowry doesn't work, because Kyle Lowry will be 35 this season, 36 next season. Unless Kyle is drinking the Lebron fountain of youth, we aren't trading a 25 yr old above average wingman with great defence for a guy that will play 1, maybe 2 more seasons before his age will dramatically effect his play.

The only thing that makes sense here on our end is Oubre +/+ for Lowry, but the salaries are WAY off and we don't have the external salaries to bridge the gap.
YogurtProducer
RealGM

Post#458 » by YogurtProducer » Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:11 am

Coxy wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:
FNQ wrote:He couldn't, but it merits more of an explanation than just that

Wiggins absolutely has a role with the Warriors, especially on defence. The lineup next season will be Curry/Klay/Wiggins/Green/Wiseman, so Lowry leading the bench unit and possibly being involved in the death lineup I can see. Wiggins for Lowry doesn't work, because Kyle Lowry will be 35 this season, 36 next season. Unless Kyle is drinking the Lebron fountain of youth, we aren't trading a 25 yr old above average wingman with great defence for a guy that will play 1, maybe 2 more seasons before his age will dramatically effect his play.

The only thing that makes sense here on our end is Oubre +/+ for Lowry, but the salaries are WAY off and we don't have the external salaries to bridge the gap.

Wiggins must be playing better than he did last year and in Minny. I never thought he would be an untouchable piece haha
Coxy
RealGM

Post#459 » by Coxy » Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:20 am

YogurtProducer wrote:
Coxy wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:Ah see I think you guys would be smarter to be thinking for next year, and I don’t see Wiggins having a role once Klay returns.

Wiggins must be playing better than he did last year and in Minny. I never thought he would be an untouchable piece haha

Who said he was untouchable?

Thanks for admitting that you don't even watch games though. These offers make more sense now.
InWestWeTrust
Sixth Man
And1: 657

Post#460 » by InWestWeTrust » Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:21 am

YogurtProducer wrote:
FNQ wrote:

He couldn't, but

it merits more of an explanation than just that

I'm curious, do you have a background in sales?

Return to Golden State Warriors