ImageImageImageImage

2020-2021 Regular Season Game 10: Orlando Magic (6-3) at Dallas Mavericks (4-4)

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,100

Re: 2020-2021 Regular Season Game 10: Orlando Magic (6-3) at Dallas Mavericks (4-4) 

Post#221 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:25 am

Last Guardian wrote:Here's the thing though...we all want to tank but at the same time if we play nothing but young players and look terrible we will still complain. We actually want to acquire and play youth in preparation for the next couple of seasons, they have to look and play well, but also lose every game possible lol

If we play young dudes and let them run n gun I think more people would be excited for the “highlights”. No ones turning in to watch Vuc lead offense + TRoss & AG jack up shots etc et.
A scoring guard.. never heard of one. :roll:
Last Guardian
RealGM
And1: 3,874

Re: 2020-2021 Regular Season Game 10: Orlando Magic (6-3) at Dallas Mavericks (4-4) 

Post#222 » by Last Guardian » Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:25 am

ChosenSavior wrote:
Last Guardian wrote:
jonbob17 wrote:
I would have said zero chance before this year, but man Vuc Is turning it on. I don’t think he would work as well as with Doncic, but at least he is healthy.

You know who would be perfect next to KP is JI, but of course would be two of the biggest injury risks.

Interesting I think Vuc would be fantastic with Doncic, which is what made me think of it. Vuc would help them win now and is less of an injury concern.

I agree. I think Vuc's game meshes beautifully with Doncic and Vuc fits Rick Carlisle's offense as well. I would imagine that Porzingis would hate it here in Orlando though.

Maybe but damn if we get a top pick and god help us have Isaac, Fultz and KP next season...it would be a direction
ChosenSavior
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 12,671

Post#223 » by ChosenSavior » Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:27 am

Last Guardian wrote:
ChosenSavior wrote:
Last Guardian wrote:
Interesting I think Vuc would be fantastic with Doncic, which is what made me think of it. Vuc would help them win now and is less of an injury concern.

I agree. I think Vuc's game meshes beautifully with Doncic and Vuc fits Rick Carlisle's offense as well. I would imagine that Porzingis would hate it here in Orlando though.

Maybe but damn if we get a top pick and god help us have Isaac, Fultz and KP next season...it would be a direction

I would be down for the risk. At least Orlando would be trying something here. Isaac and KP together would solidify that rim protection for sure.
ChosenSavior
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 12,671

Post#224 » by ChosenSavior » Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:30 am

Weltman and Hammond have their work cut out for them honestly. Our assets aren't really that great. Need to find a way to acquire young talent that is not being used by other teams without having to use our draft picks. We will definitely need those in the coming years.
Rainwater
General Manager
And1: 5,530

Post#225 » by Rainwater » Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:31 am

Last Guardian wrote:Here's the thing though...we all want to tank but at the same time if we play nothing but young players and look terrible we will still complain. We actually want to acquire and play youth in preparation for the next couple of seasons, they have to look and play well, but also lose every game possible lol

If you are playing the young guys, you should expect to lose. Losing is part of the rebuilding process, lol. Fans just like to complain regardless of situation so I wouldn't look too deeply into that.
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,788

Post#226 » by RookieStar » Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:05 am

[list=][/list]
KillMonger wrote:
RookieStar wrote:Sooo...... we need another PG. Cole is the only one left unless we are going with AG as the point forward lol

what's the injury with bone?

Wes doing us a solid by elbow/shoulder hit Bone's face.
PrimeThyme
RealGM
And1: 14,333

Post#227 » by PrimeThyme » Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:08 am

Our games are essentially unwatchable atm. At least for me. The absolutely anemic offense combined with the fact that Isaac/Fultz are hurt, Bamba is racking up DNP's, and Cole is struggling mightily offensively makes it a really tough product to watch and get excited about.

We desperately need an influx of talent on this roster. It's going to be interesting to see our record at the 30 game mark. If we are 7 plus games under .500 I don't see how we don't sell off AG/Fournier and play for lottery odds.
IllMagic04
Analyst
And1: 1,799

Post#228 » by IllMagic04 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:31 am

Last Guardian wrote:
IllMagic04 wrote:
Last Guardian wrote:So in all seriousness, would Dallas even consider Porzingus for Vuc?
Im sure they would. I wouldnt do that though

Sent from my SM-G970U using RealGM mobile app

Because he's injury prone?
Yes. We got enough injury prone players

Sent from my SM-G970U using RealGM mobile app
Husky1
Senior
And1: 310

Post#229 » by Husky1 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:20 am

Knightro wrote:
Husky1 wrote:If Bamba was passed fit to play and it was clifford's decision to not play. Then Clifford needs to fired.

Let's be totally 100% transparent here.

Fair or unfair, right or wrong - Mo Bamba is the Orlando Magic's third string center.

That's what he is.

The only reason he played last night is because Gordon was out and Clifford was forced to shift Birch over to backup PF and needed a backup C.

That's the only reason he played last night and with Gordon back, that's why he didn't play tonight.

Ill be transparent, he scored 12 points and took 7 rebounds in one quarter. How do we know he's third string? I mean yes im disappointed with what he's showed so far but by christ we are a middle of the road team going nowhere. The least we can do is give our number 6 draft pick so legit minutes and see what he can do? He has as high a ceiling as anyone on our roster. Were gonna have to extend or cut him after his rookie contract so now is the perfect time. I think its just madness. Thats my personal opinion though.
Husky1
Senior

Post#230 » by Husky1 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:22 am

RookieStar wrote:[list=][/list]
KillMonger wrote:
RookieStar wrote:Sooo...... we need another PG. Cole is the only one left unless we are going with AG as the point forward lol

what's the injury with bone?

Wes doing us a solid by elbow/shoulder hit Bone's face.

lol
Husky1
Senior

Post#231 » by Husky1 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:25 am

MartinsIzAfraud wrote:

If we play young dudes and let them run n gun I think more people would be excited for the “highlights”. No ones turning in to watch Vuc lead offense + TRoss & AG jack up shots etc et.

The problem kids we don't have any young dudes, we have Cole who struggles and Bamba is getting DNPs. The rest are injured. Agree with a poster before, we are essentially unwatchable. Hell give Karim Mane 30 mins a night. Thats where I'm at. Love Vooch but im at my wits end watching him and T ross jack 30 shots a game. We need a complete reset. I we could trade Vooch for KP i'd be ecstatic. no way in the world Dallas do that though.

AHHHHH im so frustrated ha
thelead
RealGM
And1: 25,501

Post#232 » by thelead » Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:27 am

PrimeThyme wrote:Our games are essentially unwatchable atm. At least for me. The absolutely anemic offense combined with the fact that Isaac/Fultz are hurt, Bamba is racking up DNP's, and Cole is struggling mightily offensively makes it a really tough product to watch and get excited about.

We desperately need an influx of talent on this roster. It's going to be interesting to see our record at the 30 game mark. If we are 7 plus games under .500 I don't see how we don't sell off AG/Fournier and play for lottery odds.

It is now just background noise that I turn to watch ~25% of the game. Who the hell wants to see Ennis, Bacon, Clark, and Bone rack up tons of minutes and shots? This is terrible basketball...

And how the F' is Bamba racking up DNP-CD's on this terrible team? Someone should be fired alone for that. Either the coach for not wanting to develop him or the FO for drafting a bust that the coach has determined not worthy of playing time on a lotto-destined team.
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,224

Post#233 » by pepe1991 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:14 am

Bamba didn't play because of injury, knee in back or whatever.
Cole plays and is flat out unplayable. There is nothing about him even close to be at nba level. 10 games in and grade for 2019 and 2020 picks are F-

Okeke looked like g league callup, Cole proves every single scout and critical comment before draft to be right. Not playmaker, trigger happy, small, crappy efficiency and now he even looks like somebody who does not even have any sort of jumpshot. Guy shoots 5-29 for 3. Ffs street ballers roll off bed and make more. Imagine going 1-5 for 3 and improving your shooting percentage. Smh
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
Husky1
Senior

Post#234 » by Husky1 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:09 am

We need to tank but how can we have any confidence in Weltham picking the right player? As it looks now ( it can change) they have picked three absolute stinkers last three drafts when studs were available. We’re in all sorts
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,366

Post#235 » by Bensational » Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:41 am

MartinsIzAfraud wrote:

Yeah. Give Bamba 30mpg (if he can even handle it) and he'll give plenty of social media highlight clips in blocks.

The long and short is most of all we need an injection of ballhandlers and shooters on the wings.

With the way events have unfolded for the team so far I would feel a lot better with some high risk, high reward moves rather than trying to grind out wins behind Vuc, Ross, Gordon and Fournier again. Even if we made the playoffs it would feel empty.

Hopefully Fournier is forcing a trade and helping accelerate the tank.
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,893

Post#236 » by drsd » Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:26 am

The starting five is nearly what we can expect for the rest of the season, with Fournier replacing Ennis, and Bacon shifting from the 2 to the 3. But this game exposed the bench.

Ross will be double teamed every time he touches the ball if Orlando does not get more bench scoring. This game proved that Bone cannot be the primary 3rd-string PG and that the Magic need Isaiah Thomas or Shabazz Napier. Or maybe Orlando can reinvent Linsanity.
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,893

Post#237 » by drsd » Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:48 am

Orlando surrendered 20 three-balls. That must be close to a team record.
Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 24,153

Post#238 » by Knightro » Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:30 pm

Husky1 wrote:
Knightro wrote:
Husky1 wrote:Ill be transparent, he scored 12 points and took 7 rebounds in one quarter. How do we know he's third string? I mean yes im disappointed with what he's showed so far but by christ we are a middle of the road team going nowhere. The least we can do is give our number 6 draft pick so legit minutes and see what he can do? He has as high a ceiling as anyone on our roster. Were gonna have to extend or cut him after his rookie contract so now is the perfect time. I think its just madness. Thats my personal opinion though.

Just to be clear, I don’t think Bamba *should* be third string. I think he should be playing every night.

But Clifford clearly has his rotation and Bamba just flat out isn’t in it.

The only game the Bamba played non-garbage minutes this entire season, the Magic had four bigs out with injury.
jonbob17
Analyst
And1: 1,317

Post#239 » by jonbob17 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:44 pm

Last Guardian wrote:
jonbob17 wrote:
Last Guardian wrote:So in all seriousness, would Dallas even consider Porzingus for Vuc?

I would have said zero chance before this year, but man Vuc Is turning it on. I don’t think he would work as well as with Doncic, but at least he is healthy.

You know who would be perfect next to KP is JI, but of course would be two of the biggest injury risks.

I guess it is just a matter that I think a healthy KP is a much better player than Vuc. I think Vuc is great, but he doesn't demand double teams, the way KP does. In my eyes, KP/Doncic is a tier below Lebron/AD. Luka/KP are not the Pick'n'roll combo of Lebron/AD, but KP is a very skilled big like Davis. Vuc is very skilled as well. Again, Vuc's health would be the reason Dallas would prefer Vuc in my eyes, which is an extremely important attribute. Dallas surely doesn't want to waste any more of Doncic on a max salary out for year
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,224

Post#240 » by pepe1991 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:07 pm

jonbob17 wrote:
Last Guardian wrote:
jonbob17 wrote:

I guess it is just a matter that I think a healthy KP is a much better player than Vuc. I think Vuc is great, but he doesn't demand double teams, the way KP does. In my eyes, KP/Doncic is a tier below Lebron/AD. Luka/KP are not the Pick'n'roll combo of Lebron/AD, but KP is a very skilled big like Davis. Vuc is very skilled as well. Again, Vuc's health would be the reason Dallas would prefer Vuc in my eyes, which is an extremely important attribute. Dallas surely doesn't want to waste any more of Doncic on a max salary out for year

Zingis is good but not that much better, once you add max contract and crappy health, hard pass
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon

Return to Orlando Magic