Is Jarred Vanderbilt Bam Abedayo?

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

moonpie
General Manager
And1: 2,684

Re: Is Jarred Vanderbilt Bam Abedayo? 

Post#61 » by moonpie » Sat Jan 9, 2021 6:35 pm

Read on Twitter
?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1347937359661301760%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.redditmedia.com%2Fmediaembed%2Fktvqsu%3Fresponsive%3Dtrueis_nightmode%3Dfalse
UnFadeable21
Veteran
And1: 837

Post#62 » by UnFadeable21 » Sat Jan 9, 2021 11:56 pm

Been watching Vanderbilt for the last few games now and have noticed some things.

Great box out guy and very solid rebounder. His best skill set.

Not that explosive of a leaper. He doesn’t jump out of the gym. His missed dunk was because he didn’t get that high. Had two alley oop attempts, barely got enough air on the first one. Second got it in but not an elite level.

Pretty poor shooter. Zero threat from 3 or mid range. Below average free throw shooter.

Has decent vision and can find the open guy on an outlet pass. Upper body is pretty built but his legs are way skinny like tree sticks.

Not sure if he’s long term potential for starting 4. He is the reason why they thought they didn’t need RHJ.
brutalitops
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,164

Post#63 » by brutalitops » Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:44 am

UnFadeable21 wrote:Been watching Vanderbilt for the last few games now and have noticed some things.

Great box out guy and very solid rebounder. His best skill set.

Not that explosive of a leaper. He doesn’t jump out of the gym. His missed dunk was because he didn’t get that high. Had two alley oop attempts, barely got enough air on the first one. Second got it in but not an elite level.

Pretty poor shooter. Zero threat from 3 or mid range. Below average free throw shooter.

Has decent vision and can find the open guy on an outlet pass. Upper body is pretty built but his legs are way skinny like tree sticks.

Not sure if he’s long term potential for starting 4. He is the reason why they thought they didn’t need RHJ.

Yeah he's no way a 5, Cant really stretch but i think he can absolutely be a 4
packforfreedom
Analyst
And1: 4,020

Post#64 » by packforfreedom » Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:45 am

he's more a 5 than Naz is a 4. That said, I think his best position is next to KAT. I hope Ryan will finally start Vando next game.
TheZachAttack
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,087

Post#65 » by TheZachAttack » Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:18 pm

packforfreedom wrote:he's more a 5 than Naz is a 4. That said, I think his best position is next to KAT. I hope Ryan will finally start Vando next game.

The benefit of this is that if you play next to KAT, Vanderbilt can play next to KAT in the spaces a traditional 5 plays on the offense. Vanderbilt can also be the main screener and do a lot of the dirty work that KAT doesn’t love to do/and or allows KAT to operate more at the top of the key in a traditional threat/playmaker position and take advantage of his biggest strengths.

Vanderbilt can also help KAT out defensively at the rim in a way the other PF options can’t while also being able to tag and guard on the perimeter.
jscott
Veteran
And1: 916

Post#66 » by jscott » Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:55 pm

I like what I’ve seen from him so far and I hope he continues to get minutes.
gandlogo
Junior
And1: 367

Post#67 » by gandlogo » Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:57 pm

Vanderbilt is nearing Gino Torretta status.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves