Image ImageImage Image

NBA Trade Thread #2

Moderators: HomoSapien, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat

Mk0
RealGM
And1: 14,835

Re: NBA Trade Thread #2 

Post#1601 » by Mk0 » Sat Jan 9, 2021 9:42 am

Kukoc-Lauri wrote:Otto Porter for James Johnson and Tyler Terry. Terry is unproven, but imo this is best for Porter you can get, maybe Dallas throw second rounder.

I don't think Karate Man is going anywhere. He is supposed to protect Luka. Dallas broadcast talks about that a lot.
NBA officiating bought to you by FanDuel
Andi Obst
General Manager
And1: 6,504

Post#1602 » by Andi Obst » Sat Jan 9, 2021 10:56 am

gobullschi wrote:Are there other players you prefer in free agency? Or what should the Bulls do with all that cap? Save it for next year? But for who?

Too early to tell for me. How does the team look at the deadline? What's our direction? Who's available via trade? There's just so much that can and will change until free agency starts.

I just know for sure that I don't want to overpay mediocre players and trading for Drummond almost certainly means this is going to happen.
...formerly known as Little Nathan.

jc23 wrote:the fate of humanity rides on Chicago winning this game.
gobullschi
Veteran
And1: 899

Post#1603 » by gobullschi » Sat Jan 9, 2021 2:13 pm

Little Nathan wrote:
gobullschi wrote:Are there other players you prefer in free agency? Or what should the Bulls do with all that cap? Save it for next year? But for who?

Too early to tell for me. How does the team look at the deadline? What's our direction? Who's available via trade? There's just so much that can and will change until free agency starts.

I just know for sure that I don't want to overpay mediocre players and trading for Drummond almost certainly means this is going to happen.

100%. Obviously things can change greatly and additional players could become available, but let’s just say the FA market is what it is. What’s your plan?

Is Andre Drummond one of those players like Zach LaVine, who has only played on bad teams, therefore gets labeled as a ‘mediocre’ player? It’s not really his fault he got teamed up with an old Blake Griffin and Reggie Jackson on the Pistons and an old Kevin Love on the Cavs. He might have gotten overpaid, but that might not happen again...What am I missing? His stats seem pretty good.
MisterRoy
Veteran
And1: 994

NBA Trade Thread #2 

Post#1604 » by MisterRoy » Sat Jan 9, 2021 3:17 pm

I find it interesting that some still want to take on back contracts for draft assets. Aren't we past that point now? We aren't rebuilding, we are trying to get better and compete, no? Shouldn't we be after vet free agents or trading draft assets for vets to help this team mature?

Sent from somewhere you've never been.
Andi Obst
General Manager
And1: 6,504

Post#1605 » by Andi Obst » Sat Jan 9, 2021 3:48 pm

gobullschi wrote:100%. Obviously things can change greatly and additional players could become available, but let’s just say the FA market is what it is. What’s your plan?

Like I said, it's too early for me. Also haven't really looked into the FA class. Drummond just isn't part of any plan I could possibly come up with, I know that.

gobullschi wrote:Is Andre Drummond one of those players like Zach LaVine, who has only played on bad teams, therefore gets labeled as a ‘mediocre’ player?

What, other than defensive rebounding, is Andre Drummond really good at? He's solid at best on both ends. Can't shoot (one of the worst free throw shooters in the league too), can't create for himself, not an elite post up big, can't defend away from the basket (people who hate WCJ in the drop coverage are going to HATE Andre Drummond) and isn't an elite shot blocker either. He's an okay center to have, but his stats make him look way better than he actually he is and are the reason why I think he will get overpaid again. He might not, who knows, but there are always desperate teams out there and stats are an easy sell to owners and fans. Let's just not be that desperate team.
...formerly known as Little Nathan.

jc23 wrote:the fate of humanity rides on Chicago winning this game.
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,616

Post#1606 » by sco » Sat Jan 9, 2021 3:49 pm

MisterRoy wrote:I find it interesting that some still want to take on back contracts for draft assets. Aren't we past that point now? We aren't rebuilding, we are trying to get better and compete, no? Shouldn't we be after vet free agents or trading draft assets for vets to help this team mature?

A point to consider is that there aren't any great FA's next offseason...I mean Otto is at or near the top of the list. As such, the FO will need to find talent in other ways, taking bad contracts to get guys on rookie deals or picks is another way to do that...it also helps postpone cap space a year or two when next batch of stars become FA's.
:clap:
gobullschi
Veteran
And1: 899

Post#1607 » by gobullschi » Sat Jan 9, 2021 4:28 pm

Little Nathan wrote:
gobullschi wrote:100%. Obviously things can change greatly and additional players could become available, but let’s just say the FA market is what it is. What’s your plan?

Like I said, it's too early for me. Also haven't really looked into the FA class. Drummond just isn't part of any plan I could possibly come up with, I know that.

gobullschi wrote:Is Andre Drummond one of those players like Zach LaVine, who has only played on bad teams, therefore gets labeled as a ‘mediocre’ player?

What, other than defensive rebounding, is Andre Drummond really good at? He's solid at best on both ends. Can't shoot (one of the worst free throw shooters in the league too), can't create for himself, not an elite post up big, can't defend away from the basket (people who hate WCJ in the drop coverage are going to HATE Andre Drummond) and isn't an elite shot blocker either. He's an okay center to have, but his stats make him look way better than he actually he is and are the reason why I think he will get overpaid again. He might not, who knows, but there are always desperate teams out there and stats are an easy sell to owners and fans. Let's just not be that desperate team.

Thanks. I really haven’t followed Drummond too much, so I didn’t know why people were so down on a guy who is listed as one of the top free agents in 2021. His rebounding and size to set screens looked appealing, but I didn’t realize he wasn’t great on defense. His defensive rating is elite - but like all stats, they can be flawed.
sco
RealGM

Post#1608 » by sco » Sat Jan 9, 2021 6:25 pm

What about Lauri/Hutch for Rubio/Culver?
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 10,762

Post#1609 » by WindyCityBorn » Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:58 am

sco wrote:What about Lauri/Hutch for Rubio/Culver?

Hell no why would we want those players for Lauri?
Kukoc-Lauri
Bench Warmer
And1: 414

Post#1610 » by Kukoc-Lauri » Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:32 am

Zach Lavine for Danny Green, Tyreese Maxey, Mattisse Thybulle and first round pick 2023 unprotected from Philadelphia.
Dez
Head Coach
And1: 7,572

Post#1611 » by Dez » Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:44 am

Kukoc-Lauri wrote:Zach Lavine for Danny Green, Tyreese Maxey, Mattisse Thybulle and first round pick 2023 unprotected from Philadelphia.

Horrible for Chicago, none of that is worth LaVine.
ZOMG
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,267

Post#1612 » by ZOMG » Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:47 pm

LOL.

You never trade a shooter for a non-shooter. Not these days. As much as I'm a Rubio fan, neither he or Culver can hit the broad side of the barn. Those two playing with Wendell or Gafford would be a sight to see.
sco
RealGM

Post#1613 » by sco » Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:00 pm

ZOMG wrote:

LOL.

You never trade a shooter for a non-shooter. Not these days. As much as I'm a Rubio fan, neither he or Culver can hit the broad side of the barn. Those two playing with Wendell or Gafford would be a sight to see.

I look at it as trading two non-keepers for two guys who could be useful next season. I'd start Rubio, move White to the bench.

I think your cousin Lauri would like Minny...more of his northern euro folks to be found there.
ChettheJet
Head Coach
And1: 1,902

Post#1614 » by ChettheJet » Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:44 pm

What I'm against is making a trade for more cap space, the same cap space plus an unproven guy on a rookie contract or draft picks and bad contracts.

I'm looking for teams that have rookie or second year players who have looked really good, so much so that they might be willing to trade the higher priced longer term veteran that their kid could displace. What I'm still looking for are other teams that suffer long term injuries who wold look at Porter, Young, Hutchison, Valentine even Markkanen or Gafford to help them and getting assets in return. At this point I don't see how we can trade Satoransky because Temple and Valentine fill in for a few minutes at PG next to Lavine but that's no answer.

MisterRoy wrote:I find it interesting that some still want to take on back contracts for draft assets. Aren't we past that point now? We aren't rebuilding, we are trying to get better and compete, no? Shouldn't we be after vet free agents or trading draft assets for vets to help this team mature?

With so many players at the top of the FA list resigning the pool of difference makers is shrinking and with the history of player finding excuses why they don''t want to come to Chicago I'm leaning against waiting for free agency and getting into a bidding war or settling for second tier talent.

I would prefer to look at players like Andrew Wiggins, even Tobias Harris who may be on the block who are signed for the big FA money so long as we're not giving up picks and the future to get them. If there are teams that look at the business side and want to trade the 3 years remaining guy for an expiring Otto or a buyout candidate like Young that's the deal to use that cap space on.

It looks like AK has a good eye for adding/keeping veterans for the short term, Temple, Valentine, Young who fill a role off the bench and aren't complaining that starting or minutes, so far anyway, to stabilize the rotation.
DroseReturnChi
RealGM
And1: 3,142

Post#1615 » by DroseReturnChi » Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:50 pm

Kukoc-Lauri wrote:Zach Lavine for Danny Green, Tyreese Maxey, Mattisse Thybulle and first round pick 2023 unprotected from Philadelphia.

After watching maxey, im all in for this guy. i want youtube superstar mattisse too.
I would demand another late pick or offer White for Maxey.
Doncic will be goat. Lauri will be his sidekick.
TheSuzerain
RealGM
And1: 10,727

Post#1616 » by TheSuzerain » Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:07 pm

Mk0 wrote:
Kukoc-Lauri wrote:Otto Porter for James Johnson and Tyler Terry. Terry is unproven, but imo this is best for Porter you can get, maybe Dallas throw second rounder.

I don't think Karate Man is going anywhere. He is supposed to protect Luka. Dallas broadcast talks about that a lot.

Lol this isn't the NHL.

James Johnson seems vastly overpaid for his contributions. They will definitely look to deal him for a better piece.
Mk0
RealGM
And1: 14,835

Post#1617 » by Mk0 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:56 pm

TheSuzerain wrote:
Mk0 wrote:

Lol this isn't the NHL.

James Johnson seems vastly overpaid for his contributions. They will definitely look to deal him for a better piece.

This was my reaction when they said it the first time. Then I watched another Mavs game and when he checked in they said it again.

So while I am shrugging at it like "what the hell is he supposed to do?" That is obviously the company line.

Also they love to talk about how he would win in any hypothetical fight.
NBA officiating bought to you by FanDuel
pylb
General Manager
And1: 3,679

Post#1618 » by pylb » Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:28 pm

I like Coby, he's young with potential, but I'd trade him if an opportunity came up. Can't get assets without giving up assets, and falling in love with their own players has cost the Bulls in the past.
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 10,762

Post#1619 » by WindyCityBorn » Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:19 am

Stop trying to trade Zach. He is legit all-star talent this year.
Clocian
RealGM
And1: 2,574

Post#1620 » by Clocian » Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:23 am

Dez wrote:

Horrible for Chicago, none of that is worth LaVine.

:lol: Good thing he ain't GM. Goodness...
Damn I love Hip Hop!

Return to Chicago Bulls