ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: Knicks-Thunder

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Nazrmohamed
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,997

Re: PG: Knicks-Thunder 

Post#361 » by Nazrmohamed » Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:48 pm

CharlesOakley wrote:We need more warm bodies. I don't think RJ should be immune from getting the hook from time to time. If you look at his shot chart, he cannot shoot when strait on the basket. 1 make and 16 misses this season so far. I have been underwhelmed with his playmaking since he came into the league and he doesn't look improved from last season in that area. His per 36 is nearly identical as last season except he is shooting worse from everywhere but the line.

I downgrading his ceiling from Jimmy Butler to Caron Butler.

Since you brought it up. Could you post that shot chart. Im just curious where his good shots are vs his bad shots. And I'd love to see his assisted vs iso numbers come out. Its probably a mess.

On a side note Caron Butler was nice. He shouldn't really be used as the low point for a player. In fact right now we'd be lucky to get Caron Butler out of RJ. Im concerned we're looking at the next Harrison Barnes. Now that may sound hot take but just imagine if even this yr it was Haliburton instead of Toppin. F it, let's say Toppin comes back yr 2 and really starts looking like an Amare. Is RJ still your prized go to player? Now then add maybe a Jalen Smith or some FAs.

At some point RJ is gonna have to clearly start outperforming guys like that. First of all he should be good enough that he'd never allow us to be in the lottery but lets just say half the team gets I Jared and he finds himself there....that he could be like no sweat. There are like 4 guys this draft that could take that responsibility from RJ. Right now this would be Lamelos team. Wiseman is a longer project but hes already more talented. And Edwards is a bit of a nucklehead but on pure raw talent he's better right now.

RJ doesn't have Jimmy Butler time folks. He was drafted 3rd. You draft a guy 3rd you should have Carmelo Anthony level expectations of potential and immediate impact. Right? And Carmelo talked about like his class disappointment. But yeah, rookie yr putting up 20+ points, clearly more skilled and athletic than most of his peers and vets alike, playoff birth.

Not everybody develops that way and RJ still got a long career but its definitely concerning for sure. Hes below midtier right now. Hes competing and just barely with Alex Burks right now, Austin Rivers. He should be leading that caliber of player. Bossing them around.
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,913

Post#362 » by god shammgod » Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:04 pm

Nazrmohamed wrote:
CharlesOakley wrote:We need more warm bodies. I don't think RJ should be immune from getting the hook from time to time. If you look at his shot chart, he cannot shoot when strait on the basket. 1 make and 16 misses this season so far. I have been underwhelmed with his playmaking since he came into the league and he doesn't look improved from last season in that area. His per 36 is nearly identical as last season except he is shooting worse from everywhere but the line.

Since you brought it up. Could you post that shot chart. Im just curious where his good shots are vs his bad shots. And I'd love to see his assisted vs iso numbers come out. Its probably a mess.

On a side note Caron Butler was nice. He shouldn't really be used as the low point for a player. In fact right now we'd be lucky to get Caron Butler out of RJ. Im concerned we're looking at the next Harrison Barnes. Now that may sound hot take but just imagine if even this yr it was Haliburton instead of Toppin. F it, let's say Toppin comes back yr 2 and really starts looking like an Amare. Is RJ still your prized go to player? Now then add maybe a Jalen Smith or some FAs.

At some point RJ is gonna have to clearly start outperforming guys like that. First of all he should be good enough that he'd never allow us to be in the lottery but lets just say half the team gets I Jared and he finds himself there....that he could be like no sweat. There are like 4 guys this draft that could take that responsibility from RJ. Right now this would be Lamelos team. Wiseman is a longer project but hes already more talented. And Edwards is a bit of a nucklehead but on pure raw talent he's better right now.

RJ doesn't have Jimmy Butler time folks. He was drafted 3rd. You draft a guy 3rd you should have Carmelo Anthony level expectations of potential and immediate impact. Right? And Carmelo talked about like his class disappointment. But yeah, rookie yr putting up 20+ points, clearly more skilled and athletic than most of his peers and vets alike, playoff birth.

Not everybody develops that way and RJ still got a long career but its definitely concerning for sure. Hes below midtier right now. Hes competing and just barely with Alex Burks right now, Austin Rivers. He should be leading that caliber of player. Bossing them around.

harrison barnes is a way better shooter. he's a career 37.5 percent from 3. he was at 35.9 in year 1.
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 43,893

Post#363 » by DaGawd » Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:15 pm

god shammgod wrote:
Nazrmohamed wrote:

harrison barnes is a way better shooter. he's a career 37.5 percent from 3. he was at 35.9 in year 1.

Facts. People forget Harrison was a step child splash bro with the warriors at the beginning of their lil dynasty lol
BaF
Washington Wizards
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,378

Post#364 » by 3toheadmelo » Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:19 pm

j4remi wrote:https://knicksfantv.com/knicks-89-vs-thunder-101-recap-and-player-reviews/

I had running around today, so I didn’t get to post sooner but recap for the this round. Mitch and Randle get love, everyone else was pretty bad.

Let’s go sham! :lol:
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
vallen
RealGM
And1: 3,058

Post#365 » by vallen » Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:00 pm

spree2kawhi wrote:
vallen wrote:

The Jimmy Butler comparisons were always a stretch.

Not a stretch, wrong. Butler is a one on one nightmare end a terrifying defender. RJ is still Tyreke Evans Turner.

A huge stretch.
There's something about an underdog that really inspires the unexceptional.
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 61,248

Post#366 » by Clyde_Style » Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:09 pm

FYI

GAME TONIGHT

is at 6 p.m.

No game thread yet
ImageImageImage
CharlesOakley
Veteran
And1: 2,486

Post#367 » by CharlesOakley » Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:18 pm

Nazrmohamed wrote:
Since you brought it up. Could you post that shot chart.

https://www.statmuse.com/nba/ask/rj-barrett-shot-chart-this-season
Phish Tank
RealGM
And1: 12,340

Post#368 » by Phish Tank » Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:04 pm

CharlesOakley wrote:
Nazrmohamed wrote:

i took a look at RJ's shot chart against OKC on Twitter - if anyone hasn't found it yet
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,282

Post#369 » by thebuzzardman » Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:07 pm

Nazrmohamed wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:Haven't really been reading the thread. What's the general consensus now? That Thibs will coach us to what would be a 32 win record in an 82 game season - so, about 26 wins, and enough to destroy draft position?

Sounds about Knicks.

So who you got in the 2024 draft. Point being Buzzard. When? When is it the right time to stop this cycle?

There will be a yr when you'll have to get 36 wins. No rookie is gonna carry you from the worst pick to a title. In fact you'll know when you got a good rookie when you go from whatever is needed to have good draft position to just about 36 wins anyway so again I ask you, when?

When is it OK? You do realize that if we are even in the running for the to pick them by default it must mean RJ and Mitch suck as prospects and everything we've been building up to this point is trash. And then let's say we got Cade Cunningham and we somehow are even in position to land Chet Holgrem the yr after that....... that that mere fact proves that Cade ain't **** either.

We gotta win 36 games just to prove that the players we've already been drafting in the lottery aren't total trash. And unfortunately some are proving they are in spite of the wins which is even more conserning

I'd say one more year of tank.
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,913

Post#370 » by god shammgod » Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:43 pm

CharlesOakley wrote:
Nazrmohamed wrote:

even in his good spots he's still below league average :nonono:
prophet_of_rage
RealGM
And1: 6,650

Post#371 » by prophet_of_rage » Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:17 pm

god shammgod wrote:
CharlesOakley wrote:
Nazrmohamed wrote:

You'd think he'd be at least good at the rim.

Sent from my SM-N970W using Tapatalk
CharlesOakley
Veteran
And1: 2,486

Post#372 » by CharlesOakley » Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:30 pm

god shammgod wrote:
CharlesOakley wrote:
Nazrmohamed wrote:

That's why I don't believe he should be getting 42 minutes a night when everyone is healthy. I don't think he has earned those minutes on either side of the ball. He is rarely in a pick and roll situation and that seems like the best part of his game. Stagger him some with Randle so we can see him in the pnr against the other team's bench. He should be limited to 25 minutes a night until he knows what his spots are.
Spree2Houston
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,854

Post#373 » by Spree2Houston » Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:45 pm

I think Barrett will settle into a solid starter. He’ll never be an all-star
TheGreenArrow
RealGM
And1: 33,225

Post#374 » by TheGreenArrow » Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:51 pm

Spree2Houston wrote:I think Barrett will settle into a solid starter. He’ll never be an all-star

I fear you may be right.
NewYorkOrNoWhere!!!!!!!!!!!!
prophet_of_rage
RealGM
And1: 6,650

Post#375 » by prophet_of_rage » Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:59 pm

TheGreenArrow wrote:
Spree2Houston wrote:I think Barrett will settle into a solid starter. He’ll never be an all-star

I fear you may be right.

That's still something.
TheGreenArrow
RealGM
And1: 33,225

Post#376 » by TheGreenArrow » Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:26 pm

prophet_of_rage wrote:
TheGreenArrow wrote:

I fear you may be right.

That's still something.

Not for the #3pick
NewYorkOrNoWhere!!!!!!!!!!!!
vallen
RealGM
And1: 3,058

Post#377 » by vallen » Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:44 pm

Noel is weak.
There's something about an underdog that really inspires the unexceptional.

Return to New York Knicks