Image ImageImage Image

Bears 2019/20; George McCaskey is on the clock

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

chicagoballer
Sixth Man
And1: 210

Re: Bears 2019/20; George McCaskey is on the clock 

Post#861 » by chicagoballer » Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:11 am

I hope the bears do not score at all the rest of the game.

There are rumors Pace is extended till 2022. Nagy is contracted till 2022. Given the loss of revenue from the pandemic, I doubt either is fired unless they disappoint dramatically.
Kurt Heimlich
Head Coach
And1: 5,303

Post#862 » by Kurt Heimlich » Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:24 am

Imagine Pace drafting our 1st two rounds again. Take a signal from your brothers on the westside McCaskeys. Cut out the problem root and stem and get fresh, competent eyes making our personnel decisions ASAP.
Chi town
RealGM
And1: 6,978

Post#863 » by Chi town » Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:33 am

This could not be more ugly for Mitch and the offense. This says everything about Nagy and Pace's future. If all 3 aren't shown the door I will be convinced its GarPax all over again.
Kurt Heimlich
Head Coach

Post#864 » by Kurt Heimlich » Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:43 am

Jim Nantz getting cringey AF in pointless garbage time lol. But cringe aside I love that they're both just trolling how inept this team is.
MisterRoy
Veteran
And1: 1,001

Bears 2019/20; George McCaskey is on the clock 

Post#865 » by MisterRoy » Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:45 am

Get rid of Nagy and Pace, go get Watson and everything will be as right as rain.

C'mon Bears, prove me wrong.

Sent from somewhere you've never been.
Kurt Heimlich
Head Coach

Post#866 » by Kurt Heimlich » Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:49 am

I take back what I said. Romo is clueless lol. We want Pace gone for sure. Nagy seems kind of pointless but lets let an actual competent GM decide our Coaches fate.
Brothaman33
Senior
And1: 443

Post#867 » by Brothaman33 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:50 am

What I think will happen:

Nagy stays
Pace is fired
Mitch is let go
QB in the first round
Try again
"Thibs and Deng make Skiles and Duhon look like a one night stand" - Red Larrivee
chicagoballer
Sixth Man

Post#868 » by chicagoballer » Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:54 am

in the post game conference, I want mitch to say "I am angry we lost, period. I want to win and going to do what it takes to make it happen." Every question should have that premise for the answer. If he says any of the usual nagy fluff "we did some things well, but not enough. credit to defense. credit to saints.", he should not be the QB next year.
dice
RealGM
And1: 12,518

Post#869 » by dice » Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:56 am

Brothaman33 wrote:What I think will happen:

Nagy stays
Pace is fired
Mitch is let go
QB in the first round
Try again

a new GM would probably want a new coach. of course, if management doesn't expect the team to do much better next season (and there's no reason they should), letting nagy play out next season as a lame duck rather than put a new coach in a bad situation might make sense
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged
Chi town
RealGM

Post#870 » by Chi town » Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:56 am

Mitch is just a mental midget. Guy doesn't understand the game. No IQ. Doesn't know how to use his greatest asset which is his legs let alone manipulate defenses.

A real QB and a new D coordinator and could be better next season. Cohen and Daniels will help the offense. AROB will be gone IMO.
Chi town
RealGM

Post#871 » by Chi town » Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:57 am

chicagoballer wrote:in the post game conference, I want mitch to say "I am angry we lost, period. I want to win and going to do what it takes to make it happen." Every question should have that premise for the answer. If he says any of the usual nagy fluff "we did some things well, but not enough. credit to defense. credit to saints.", he should not be the QB next year.

I don't care what he says. There is no way he should be the QB anywhere in the NFL next season. He sucks.
dice
RealGM

Post#872 » by dice » Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:58 am

Kurt Heimlich wrote:I take back what I said. Romo is clueless lol. We want Pace gone for sure. Nagy seems kind of pointless but lets let an actual competent GM decide our Coaches fate.

why would tony romo be tracking the mood of bears fans? and did he even mention ryan pace?
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged
dice
RealGM

Post#873 » by dice » Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:00 am

Kurt Heimlich wrote:Imagine Pace drafting our 1st two rounds again. Take a signal from your brothers on the westside McCaskeys. Cut out the problem root and stem and get fresh, competent eyes making our personnel decisions ASAP.

it doesn't make much sense that a GM would be excellent at drafting the middle rounds but not the first 2 rounds. i think it's just random variation. to simplify, his overall drafting record is good, his overall free agent record is not
Payt10
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 9,200

Post#874 » by Payt10 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:01 am

Bears got predictably outclassed in that game, but they missed out on some incredible opportunities early on that could have changed the game, or at the very least would have made things a whole lot more interesting.

It's time to clean house.
"All I want to do is grab somebody and bang nowadays" -Brad Miller
mack2354
Pro Prospect
And1: 526

Post#875 » by mack2354 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:07 am

No Cohen, no Mooney, no Miller, terrible offensive tackles, and Wims dropping touchdown passes that hit him in the chest. Could Mitch and Nagy be better, of course they can. I'm not going to put the entire burden on them. They are just the easiest targets. I need a new gm, new defensive coordinator, and an offseason plugging up our weak spots. 2 playoff appearances in 3 years is a good stretch. Ask the Browns or some other franchises how long you can go without making the playoffs. People have a Super Bowl or bust attitude and it's not realistic. I think Nagy and Mitch earned another year.
Kurt Heimlich
Head Coach

Post#876 » by Kurt Heimlich » Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:07 am

dice wrote:
Kurt Heimlich wrote:Imagine Pace drafting our 1st two rounds again. Take a signal from your brothers on the westside McCaskeys. Cut out the problem root and stem and get fresh, competent eyes making our personnel decisions ASAP.

it doesn't make much sense that a GM would be excellent at drafting the middle rounds but not the first 2 rounds. i think it's just random variation. to simplify, his overall drafting record is good, his overall free agent record is not

I disagree. This speaks to me that Pace can't out compete his peers at the top the draft (where most value is placed). From Kevin White to Leonard Floyd to Adam Shaheen to the worst blunder in modern NFL football trading up for Mitch Trubisky over Pat Mahomes or Deshaun Watson. Where he shines is down in the weeds. Where attention and variability increases drastically, then he has found steals.

Pace would be a solid scout on any staff for sure. But as a C-Level decision determining GM, he's just brutal.
Brothaman33
Senior
And1: 443

Post#877 » by Brothaman33 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:09 am

dice wrote:

He actually has been getting better, draft wise, over the last 3 years...he has been improving. But he missed on the most important one, and then has been about 50/50 on the others. He doesn't suck. He was bad the first few years, drafted mitch, and then has been very good recently.
"Thibs and Deng make Skiles and Duhon look like a one night stand" - Red Larrivee
chicagoballer
Sixth Man

Post#878 » by chicagoballer » Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:09 am

Chi town wrote:
I don't care what he says. There is no way he should be the QB anywhere in the NFL next season. He sucks.

As tony romo put it (and I said something similar a few weeks ago), it depends on if you have a better option. If we have a better option, he should not be QB. you dont just draft a QB you dont regard highly for the sake of trying out a new QB. It has to be an option you think has the chance to be much better than what you currently have and want to go through growing pains with.

The bears are a dumpster fire right now. GM/coach/QB are all questionable at best at their jobs. bad contracts on the team. its going to take years to build a true contender. Or you keep the team/coaches and at best you salvage winning records next few years without any real noise in the playoffs.
dice
RealGM

Post#879 » by dice » Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:20 am

Kurt Heimlich wrote:
dice wrote:

I disagree. This speaks to me that Pace can't out compete his peers at the top the draft (where most value is placed). From Kevin White to Leonard Floyd to Adam Shaheen to the worst blunder in modern NFL football trading up for Mitch Trubisky over Pat Mahomes or Deshaun Watson. Where he shines is down in the weeds. Where attention and variability increases drastically, then he has found steals.

Pace would be a solid scout on any staff for sure. But as a C-Level decision determining GM, he's just brutal.

isn't it HIS scouts that are down in the weeds? i sincerely doubt that he's spending a lot of his time watching game tape on small school prospects
Kurt Heimlich
Head Coach

Post#880 » by Kurt Heimlich » Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:27 am

dice wrote:
Kurt Heimlich wrote:
dice wrote:it doesn't make much sense that a GM would be excellent at drafting the middle rounds but not the first 2 rounds. i think it's just random variation. to simplify, his overall drafting record is good, his overall free agent record is not

isn't it HIS scouts that are down in the weeds? i sincerely doubt that he's spending a lot of his time watching game tape on small school prospects

I mean if thats the case then Pace's value is even further deteriorated. I guess I was giving him the benefit of the doubt. But my stance is still pretty clear and obvious. Pace is a net negative.

Return to Chicago Bulls