Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

EvanZ
RealGM
And1: 3,182

Bennedict Mathurin 

Post#1 » by EvanZ » Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:26 pm

Might be too good to wait to '22.

Read on Twitter
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,126

Re: Bennedict Mathurin 

Post#2 » by clyde21 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:45 am

he's Arizona's most promising prospect but I haven't heard anything about him even thinking about coming out this year, and really no point to come out this year with how stacked the guard class is tbh.
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#3 » by EvanZ » Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:50 am

clyde21 wrote:he's Arizona's most promising prospect but I haven't heard anything about him even thinking about coming out this year, and really no point to come out this year with how stacked the guard class is tbh.

This is where I point out you said the same thing about Terry this time last year. Let's see.
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,126

Post#4 » by clyde21 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:54 am

EvanZ wrote:
clyde21 wrote:he's Arizona's most promising prospect but I haven't heard anything about him even thinking about coming out this year, and really no point to come out this year with how stacked the guard class is tbh.

This is where I point out you said the same thing about Terry this time last year. Let's see.

Terry shouldn't have come out really, had he stayed back on this Stanford team he could've easily maneuvered to be #3 or #4 PG in this entire class after Cade/Suggs

and I'm not saying Mathurin won't come out, who the hell knows, just haven't heard nothing on it at this point even from people close to Arizona program.
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#5 » by EvanZ » Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:00 am

clyde21 wrote:
and I'm not saying Mathurin won't come out, who the hell knows, just haven't heard nothing on it at this point even from people close to Arizona program.

He doesn't know he's a prospect this year. But he is.

Terry definitely made the right decision to come out. Plenty of guys return and either get injured or their stock drops. Not worth the risk when you are a first or early second round pick. Signed a 4-year deal guaranteed $4.6M. I don't think he'll regret it one bit.
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 16,880

Post#6 » by GimmeDat » Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:49 am

I actually haven't watched him at Arizona yet, but I did watch him play for the NBA Global Academy and the guy is talented. At that time reminded me of Antonio Blakeney in terms of athleticism/shot-making, but obviously if he was taller and had a brain.

From the looks of his college production so far, all that has translated.
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#7 » by EvanZ » Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:23 am

31 :nod:
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#8 » by EvanZ » Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:04 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#9 » by EvanZ » Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:06 am

Givony has him 67 which is criminal neglect. Don't be surprised when he's a lottery pick.
jman3134
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 1,308

Post#10 » by jman3134 » Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:32 am

That rating makes 0 sense. I don't even bother with NBA draft outlets until a couple of weeks before the draft.
pcbothwel
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,561

Post#11 » by pcbothwel » Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:42 pm

Big fan. Reminds me of Bouknight this year.
Catchall
RealGM
And1: 10,191

Post#12 » by Catchall » Sun Mar 28, 2021 11:35 pm

He's a 1st-round talent. Good measurables and athleticism, solid 3pt% & FT%. Projects into a 3D wing role with some on-ball potential. Plays with maturity and is still only 18. You can question his ceiling, but his floor makes him an NBA rotation player.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
azcatz11
RealGM
And1: 25,833

Post#13 » by azcatz11 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:55 am

Do you all still think he's a lotto guy this year?
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,200

Post#14 » by babyjax13 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:17 pm

azcatz11 wrote:Do you all still think he's a lotto guy this year?

I do not. I think he is a mid-first (15-24 range) but if he gets picked 11-14 I would not be shocked.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
SNPA
Head Coach
And1: 7,142

Post#15 » by SNPA » Sat Nov 20, 2021 1:38 am

Easy first rounder and that’s based solely on what I saw before last draft. He is an NBA player, low risk.
Bruin
RealGM
And1: 38,490

Post#16 » by Bruin » Thu Dec 9, 2021 7:46 pm

DCasey91
General Manager
And1: 5,261

Post#17 » by DCasey91 » Thu Dec 9, 2021 9:45 pm

Real classy prospect. Not the tallest nor is much of a facilitator but he uses every inch of that fantastic wingspan. Whatever it is it’s a big advantage. Does rebound for a wing above the rim which is exciting. Should be an auto 1st rounder moreso in the top 20 range.

Smooth mover, work on the handle, shooting and shiftyness side to side and he’s a long term NBA no doubt about it. And all three aspects anyway are easier to improve upon at the next level.

Is he underrated compared to all the other prospects in that 10-20 range? Possibly.
azcatz11
RealGM

Post#18 » by azcatz11 » Fri Dec 10, 2021 1:47 am

DCasey91 wrote:Real classy prospect. Not the tallest nor is much of a facilitator but he uses every inch of that fantastic wingspan. Whatever it is it’s a big advantage. Does rebound for a wing above the rim which is exciting. Should be an auto 1st rounder moreso in the top 20 range.

Smooth mover, work on the handle, shooting and shiftyness side to side and he’s a long term NBA no doubt about it. And all three aspects anyway are easier to improve upon at the next level.

Is he underrated compared to all the other prospects in that 10-20 range? Possibly.

I agree - his height is going to hold him back a bit. Not sure what his wingspan is but it looks long. I think he's realistically around the 6'4 height range.
DCasey91
General Manager
And1: 5,261

Post#19 » by DCasey91 » Fri Dec 10, 2021 2:10 am

azcatz11 wrote:
DCasey91 wrote:Real classy prospect. Not the tallest nor is much of a facilitator but he uses every inch of that fantastic wingspan. Whatever it is it’s a big advantage. Does rebound for a wing above the rim which is exciting. Should be an auto 1st rounder moreso in the top 20 range.

I agree - his height is going to hold him back a bit. Not sure what his wingspan is but it looks long. I think he's realistically around the 6'4 height range.

Yeah the 6”7 is reaching (alluded to this on the draft thread). I use the umps as a nifty side guide as a lot played ball lol same with Cade if your not big in College you are going to look smaller in the NBA.

But he can play taller because of the wingspan offset. He’s a safe bet at the next level, can pop athletically when need be.
azcatz11
RealGM

Post#20 » by azcatz11 » Fri Dec 10, 2021 2:13 am

DCasey91 wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:

Yeah the 6”7 is reaching (alluded to this on the draft thread). I use the umps as a nifty side guide as a lot played ball lol same with Cade if your not big in College you are going to look smaller in the NBA.

But he can play taller because of the wingspan offset. He’s a safe bet at the next level, can pop athletically when need be.

No, he's not anywhere close to 6'7. You can view him next to his teammate Dalen Terry who is probably that height. He's considerably shorter.

Return to NBA Draft