MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,828

Re: GT: Thunder Vs Nets... Sunday @ 6:00 

Post#81 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:07 am

Brooklyn91 wrote:
therealbig3 wrote:
Brooklyn91 wrote:
Chiozza only played 8 minutes last game. Shamet played 22 minutes and was 3/7......

And he was 0-4 and a huge negative in those 8 minutes, and Shamet was actually solid.

And he has given it far more in time with the nets than Landry has so far, who’s currently at 0 tonight so what point are you making? This is why we losing now, make adjustments. Just because it wasn’t one guys game previously doesn’t mean you don’t split minutes between guys. Chris actually knows how to run the point, which could have actually been worth while tonight. Not even arguing him being consistently better as it wouldn’t hurt to make adjustments. Like what are you even saying. “But he was 0-4...” yea and shamet hasn’t scored a point tonight.

Cheese would be too easy for this team to exploit defensively, imo. He didn't look good last time out as is, lots of sloppy play.

Shamet needs to be benched but we aren't exactly in a position to do so with Irving out.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Brooklyn91
Pro Prospect
And1: 840

Post#82 » by Brooklyn91 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:10 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
Brooklyn91 wrote:
therealbig3 wrote:
And he was 0-4 and a huge negative in those 8 minutes, and Shamet was actually solid.

And he has given it far more in time with the nets than Landry has so far, who’s currently at 0 tonight so what point are you making? This is why we losing now, make adjustments. Just because it wasn’t one guys game previously doesn’t mean you don’t split minutes between guys. Chris actually knows how to run the point, which could have actually been worth while tonight. Not even arguing him being consistently better as it wouldn’t hurt to make adjustments. Like what are you even saying. “But he was 0-4...” yea and shamet hasn’t scored a point tonight.

Cheese would be too easy for this team to exploit defensively, imo. He didn't look good last time out as is, lots of sloppy play.

Shamet needs to be benched but we aren't exactly in a position to do so with Irving out.

They exploited us anyway. :nonono: I’m just asking to split minutes. We literally have KD out there playing PG right now.
therealbig3
RealGM
And1: 15,095

Post#83 » by therealbig3 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:11 am

We've already given up 118 points to one of the worst offensive teams in the league and y'all are fighting for Perry and Chiozza to get minutes as if they'll save us in a game we can't get a freaking stop.

And if they came in and got wrecked like they likely would have, y'all would be saying Nash sucks and why is he playing D-leaguers like them when Shamet and Prince are on the bench.
therealbig3
RealGM

Post#84 » by therealbig3 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:13 am

Are y'all seeing the "defense" right now? It's the worst I've ever seen, and it's not on Nash...nobody is helping or offering any resistance.

This is just an excuse for Durant to stat pad right now.
Sharcm1
Veteran
And1: 688

Post#85 » by Sharcm1 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:14 am

Brown should play instead of Shamet
therealbig3
RealGM

Post#86 » by therealbig3 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:18 am

129 points to the Thunder, holy crap.
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#87 » by CalamityX12 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:18 am

Not how you wanna end after the start the first two games
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

GT: Thunder Vs Nets... Sunday @ 6:00 

Post#88 » by Paradise » Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:23 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
Brooklyn91 wrote:
therealbig3 wrote:

KD: 36 / 11 / 4
Caris: 21 / 4 / 6
Allen: 15 / 10

We shouldn’t be losing to the Thunder with or without a real PG. Come on now. Enough is enough. Yes, this roster isn’t as good as advertised but neither is the coaching.
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
And1: 6,082

Post#89 » by NyCeEvO » Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:23 am

And we were up by 15 points lol.
therealbig3
RealGM

Post#90 » by therealbig3 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:23 am

Anyway, I'm taking the season as stretches of 10 games. We went 5-5 in our first 10. We've started 0-1 in our next 10.

We'll get those 7-3, 8-2, 9-1 stretches eventually, just need some continuity and need to get better on defense for sure.
therealbig3
RealGM

Post#91 » by therealbig3 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:29 am

Paradise wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Brooklyn91 wrote:And he has given it far more in time with the nets than Landry has so far, who’s currently at 0 tonight so what point are you making? This is why we losing now, make adjustments. Just because it wasn’t one guys game previously doesn’t mean you don’t split minutes between guys. Chris actually knows how to run the point, which could have actually been worth while tonight. Not even arguing him being consistently better as it wouldn’t hurt to make adjustments. Like what are you even saying. “But he was 0-4...” yea and shamet hasn’t scored a point tonight.

We shouldn’t be losing to the Thunder with or without a real PG. Come on now. Enough is enough. Yes, this roster isn’t as good as advertised but neither is the coaching.

Nah, you're just looking for a scapegoat, when the team as a whole just came out with a garbage effort on the defensive side of the ball.

Again, it's the same rotation that beat the brakes off Utah and Philadelphia. Whether we played Chiozza instead of Shamet, or Perry instead of Jordan, you really think we're gonna win a game giving up 129 points to a team like the Thunder? It's not like this was a close game either, where a contribution from a role player at the end of the bench actually mattered.

And posting stat lines is the problem...none of those guys played all that well. I actually thought Caris and Allen were terrible, and KD was just ok, definitely not 36/11/4 good (a lot of that was stat padding).

And our offense again put up a lot of points. It was our defense that was the issue. I guess you can blame Nash for that...but it's the same defense that shut down Utah and Philadelphia. I saw a lot of garbage effort, that's not on the coach.
NetsJets
Starter
And1: 658

Post#92 » by NetsJets » Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:34 am

Giving up points to some of the worst scoring teams in back to back games is not a good sign.
drchaos
Rookie
And1: 409

Post#93 » by drchaos » Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:37 am

The silver lining here is that Kyrie is coming back and we do not have to rely on tonight's roster for the whole season.

Perhaps we are playing down to the level of our competition and getting more hyped up when we play the likes of Boston or Philly.
Stone
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,466

Post#94 » by Stone » Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:46 am

I missed most of the game. But from what I saw in the forth quarter. The Thunder just wanted it more. Going for steals, putting on the pressure and it worked getting them transition buckets, then the got what seemed like every 50 50 ball. They also shot lights out, they got a lot of snipers that can kill you from behind the arc.So....hats off to them, they deserved the win.

I just don't get how beat two good teams like the Sixers and Jazz and we are laying eggs against team we should be winning against. Where is the consistency?
The man who sleeps on the floor can never fall out of bed........Martin Lawrence
OneZilion
Sophomore
And1: 139

Post#95 » by OneZilion » Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:55 am

This was shame effort on defence... I am little bit frustrated... after all those big expections grest start this hot and cold started to frustrate me

We did not play deffence at all... 71 point in second half againt Thunder with one very bad roster just look those names its discusting... I almost broke my tv...

This team now looks that has two stars, two good players in Levert and Allen and maybe one more in Harris... but rest of the team is trash...

This is like a bunch of KD friedns that sometimes was a good players like Jordan and Green, Shamet is worst of all, TLC is very low basketball IQ but he supposed to be like 11th man... Prince is no near player worth of that contract, same for Jordan and I am aftaid to say cause I like Joe but he is very weak link on deffence...

KD is not at his top, maybe somewhere in his head he miss those splash brothers and is was lived playing next to deffencevise beasts like green iguadala and klay... now he and Allen is almost only guys that play deffence... some others are just bad on deffence and some dont even try

Levert should start at sg and we need to make hat chemistry with KD and KY... we dont have elite depth lime we was thinking... Dinwiddie is huge lost for team

I just dont get it why team that was looking like easy win or blowout in first 1/4 later just stopped playing I just dont understand

Nash I loved as a player but I am not impressed at all with how he run things... coach has to force his team to play deffence ... rotations are not set yet... this team lstarts to look like a mess with some great talents...
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#96 » by CalamityX12 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:01 am

Call me out...

I sympathize and downright outraged by current events, enough so that I'm distracted at work.. nevertheless I show up to work.

To each their own and respect is given but Kyrie can't be taking off games whenever he pleases.. thats bs for my personal opinion.

It jeopardizes the team especially with KD absent(today not)....

If its beyond personal like a life lost or endangered, I accept the callous but two years in, I aint for his mood swings... God bless his teammates for that patience of virture
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
OneZilion
Sophomore
And1: 139

Post#97 » by OneZilion » Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:08 am

I would like if somehow can pull a trade fot George Hill that guy is what we need most now that is somewhere realistic
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#98 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:13 am

Taking Brown out of the rotation tonight was a terrible idea.

Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,237

Post#99 » by Papi_swav » Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:14 am

I fell asleep in the 1st quarter, good thing I did, I won't be watching the replay on this one. I can tell by the box score Thunder had our way with us and our defense was trash. By the numbers KD/Levert/ Allen and others put up we should of won but we let them drop 129 on us. We are too inconsistent right now.

Also , with all these guys around the NBA quarantining etc.. I expect alot of bad records or mediocre records. I don't see any team going 58-14 if this corona thing keeps up. its going to be alot of .500 records and 42-30 records by the seasons end so I guess its not horrible right now. Just look around the league and most good teams are around .500 right now.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#100 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:15 am

therealbig3 wrote:
Paradise wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

Nah, you're just looking for a scapegoat, when the team as a whole just came out with a garbage effort on the defensive side of the ball.

Again, it's the same rotation that beat the brakes off Utah and Philadelphia. Whether we played Chiozza instead of Shamet, or Perry instead of Jordan, you really think we're gonna win a game giving up 129 points to a team like the Thunder? It's not like this was a close game either, where a contribution from a role player at the end of the bench actually mattered.

And posting stat lines is the problem...none of those guys played all that well. I actually thought Caris and Allen were terrible, and KD was just ok, definitely not 36/11/4 good (a lot of that was stat padding).

And our offense again put up a lot of points. It was our defense that was the issue. I guess you can blame Nash for that...but it's the same defense that shut down Utah and Philadelphia. I saw a lot of garbage effort, that's not on the coach.

This. Nash can't get out there and play defense and hustle for them. The Nets got outworked.

Return to Brooklyn Nets