ImageImageImage

Maverick Test Positive For Covid

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

arkuo
General Manager
And1: 1,917

Re: Maverick Test Positive For Covid 

Post#21 » by arkuo » Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:19 pm

ejs78 wrote: I'm sure it will be a carousel of teams all year.

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app

It's going to be a Russian Roulette of this thing until the playoffs. and if you're missing half your team in a 7 game playoff series that wraps up in a week or two, you're essentially headed towards the exit.
ejs78
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,091

Post#22 » by ejs78 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:27 pm

What the NBA does is up to them, but I would say give it 2 more weeks before jumping to all sorts of conclusions on what to do.

As of now one 76er has tested positive (still 1 too many) The rest are in the protocol which could lead to more positives or could do what the league intended it to do which is keep others safe.

The situation was never going to be easy

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app
Bob8
General Manager
And1: 3,465

Post#23 » by Bob8 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:29 pm

Archx wrote:
Bob8 wrote:
Archx wrote:This could quickly derail their entire season. We don't know when Mavs will have the entire team back together on the court because this could just go on and on and on. One player goes into isolation for 10 days, next day other guy etc... Health comes first but still, at the end of this week it could as well be Luka +4 janitors.

It really is difficult decision for Nba. If they stop season now, it will be months before they can come back. This season won't be regular for sure. There will be big differences between clubs. It's not only about your players, but when you play infected teams. Some will be very lucky, some not.

I think best thing to do right now would be to stop for like 14 days, let players "heal" and teams regroup and then continue. But obviously same thing could just be happening over and over again. I have no clue how they will handle this.

Maxi tested positive means that any number of personel can be infected. So in theory, Mavs won't even have enough eligible players in 2 days.

Is it sure that Maxi tested positive or he was just in contact with infected?
Apz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,927

Post#24 » by Apz » Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:36 pm

Read 2 positvie and 2 in q so that says he is positive. Unlesd there been a change in 1 of the others status
Archx
General Manager
And1: 7,767

Post#25 » by Archx » Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:42 pm

Bob8 wrote:
Archx wrote:
Bob8 wrote:
It really is difficult decision for Nba. If they stop season now, it will be months before they can come back. This season won't be regular for sure. There will be big differences between clubs. It's not only about your players, but when you play infected teams. Some will be very lucky, some not.

I think best thing to do right now would be to stop for like 14 days, let players "heal" and teams regroup and then continue. But obviously same thing could just be happening over and over again. I have no clue how they will handle this.

Maxi tested positive means that any number of personel can be infected. So in theory, Mavs won't even have enough eligible players in 2 days.

Yea updated ESPN page says he tested positive.
Bob8
General Manager

Post#26 » by Bob8 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:45 pm

Archx wrote:
Bob8 wrote:
Archx wrote:

Yea updated ESPN page says he tested positive.

In that case he for sure won't be the only one out. We should expect multiple new absences. Although it's funny we don't know who's first infected and we know for Maxi.
leolozon
General Manager
And1: 7,724

Post#27 » by leolozon » Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:47 pm

So the guys who don't have covid will miss how many games?

How long will the facility be closed? Is the team expected not to practice for 1-2 weeks?

How do they decide who enters the protocol? It's a team, they all spend a lot of time in close proximity.
Jasen777
Head Coach
And1: 1,826

Post#28 » by Jasen777 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:57 pm

Archx wrote:I think best thing to do right now would be to stop for like 14 days, let players "heal" and teams regroup and then continue. But obviously same thing could just be happening over and over again. I have no clue how they will handle this.

They should cancel games for teams when they have an outbreak like MLB did.

It typically takes a few days after infection before you test positive, I don't see how they can say Mavs are subject to trace and others aren't...
Apz
Lead Assistant

Post#29 » by Apz » Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:04 pm

Its if u been in a small room with someone infected for more then 15min. Luka actually talked about this before the season started, that players would need to handle it and do what they can to not get it. They need to take this seriously. No team dinners, no poker games at hotel rooms. Dont see how it can be an issue with todays communications to each just stay at their room so if 1 get infected it doesnt take out non infected players
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 3,957

Post#30 » by Mr B » Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:56 am

arkuo wrote:With the Mavs Practice Facility officially being shut down (hopefully not for 14 days), ya'll better hope Luka has a treadmill at home or he's coming back next game 10 lbs heavier. LMAO. Lying on his couch playing video games without working out will be a bummer.

The practice facility can be cleaned so it won’t be closed for 10-14 days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 3,957

Post#31 » by Mr B » Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:57 am

Bob8 wrote:
Archx wrote:
Bob8 wrote:

I read he was just exposed to someone infected (likely one of his teammates). He’s not sick but has to quarantine for 10-14 days.

aggerrard
Sixth Man
And1: 948

Post#32 » by aggerrard » Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:33 am

The next two-three months are likely much of the same as we see right now. Russian roulette, gonna hit most teams.

Unless they start vaccinating players and staff, it will first start to slow down when we reach the spring - March/April hopefully.
Apz
Lead Assistant

Post#33 » by Apz » Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:48 am

Latest is that Kleber might play tonight. Would mean he had a false positive. Think they need 2 or 3 negatives before cleared
Archx
General Manager
And1: 7,767

Post#34 » by Archx » Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:50 am

Mr B wrote:
Bob8 wrote:
Archx wrote:

I read he was just exposed to someone infected (likely one of his teammates). He’s not sick but has to quarantine for 10-14 days.

It literally said on front ESPN page that Maxi tested positive, now things have changed and everyone is surprised. Mavs even listed KP as a potential starter lol

Read on Twitter
aggerrard
Sixth Man

Post#35 » by aggerrard » Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:47 pm

Read on Twitter
Apz
Lead Assistant

Post#36 » by Apz » Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:56 pm

Wtf? That must mean a lot more been in the protocol? It was 4, should been like 13 left with the 2ways? Must been a giant outbreak if 6 on top of the ones we know get in q
aggerrard
Sixth Man

Post#37 » by aggerrard » Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:02 pm

Apz wrote:Wtf? That must mean a lot more been in the protocol? It was 4, should been like 13 left with the 2ways? Must been a giant outbreak if 6 on top of the ones we know get in q

Read on Twitter
Bob8
General Manager

Post#38 » by Bob8 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:06 pm

aggerrard wrote:
Apz wrote:Wtf? That must mean a lot more been in the protocol? It was 4, should been like 13 left with the 2ways? Must been a giant outbreak if 6 on top of the ones we know get in q

Read on Twitter

It looks like Nba will change protocol tonight. My guess, less or none tracing contacts, just infected being quarantined.
Apz
Lead Assistant

Post#39 » by Apz » Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:11 pm

Ye, as it should be. Contact tracing is just ridiculous when they are with eachother on planes and such but it doesnt count. Also think Carlisle and Cuban used brain to slow down the contact tracing to get less games without DFS Kleber and Richardson. Smart move. Just sucks I slept all day so I could be awake for the game tonight
JD45
General Manager
And1: 261

Post#40 » by JD45 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:15 pm

Could be a coach or other staff has it and was in contact with several players.
"Government is the great fiction through which everyone endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else"

Frederic Bastiat

Return to Dallas Mavericks