ImageImageImage

Tatum to enter quarantine, miss 10 to 14 days

Moderators: bisme37, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob

playa-hater
RealGM
And1: 18,141

Re: Tatum to enter quarantine, miss 10 to 14 days 

Post#121 » by playa-hater » Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:27 am

Green89 wrote:It's time for this man to suit up. He never officially retired.

Spoiler:

HELLLL NOOOO!!

Brad Stevens would probably play him over Nesmith.. Probably knows the D rotations Better :o :noway: :nonono: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
SHOOTERS SHOOTER SHOOTERS
Ill News
General Manager
And1: 16,306

Post#122 » by Ill News » Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:16 am

No Tatum for 2 weeks is just terrible for this team. Even Brown is being listed as questionable, and even with just him out there, he'll have a tough time doing what he does because opposing teams will be zooming in on him.

The timing just sucks because we're at the top of the East now at 7-3, and we've just won four straight games. However, looking at it long-term, I hope this doesn't cause serious complications in Tatum's health down the line. I know he's young and got a strong body as an athlete, but you never know.
FlatearthZorro
RealGM
And1: 11,886

Post#123 » by FlatearthZorro » Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:30 am

Okay, yea, I'm warming to the idea of Turner siuting up. I guess there is value to having basically an active player as a coach.
Good assessment:

PLO wrote:Tatum played OK - took advantage of a few mismatches - decent on the defensive end. He is what we thought he was going into the season - a technically very proficient player operating close to his career ceiling as a rookie.
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Veteran
And1: 6,344

Post#124 » by Mr_Mojo_Risin » Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:28 am

Time to move the NBA to Australia and play games here in front of covid free crowds at 10am (for US prime time) lol. I nominate Melbourne as Boston’s home away from home for no selfish reason whatsoever.
LewisnotMiller
Analyst
And1: 3,199

Post#125 » by LewisnotMiller » Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:49 pm

Spin Move wrote:We will lose a couple more then we would have but some of the 1st and 2nd year players will get some run and we will be better for it long term. You need real PT to generate confidence without GH getting heart Tatum's development is much slower. Without Kyrie Getting Hurt Rozier and JB might never have fully bloomed into what they have become (JB is Much better then Terry). Someone will come out of these 10 days with a new found confidence, hopefully it is Nesmith, maybe it is semi, but someone will get shots and PT and hopefullly make the most of it.

Hypnotise Carsen into thinking it's Summer League, and enjoy the fireworks.
dans1230
Rookie
And1: 1,141

Post#126 » by dans1230 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:09 pm

celticfan42487 wrote:
The_Ghost_of_JB wrote:
celticfan42487 wrote:
The vaccines are being rolled out for phase 1 in MA.

Honestly, a sports league is probably only a month away from the relatively small number of vaccines needed for their players and staff.

But yeah the NBA cares more about money than the health of their players so it won't happen.

Hopefully Tatum doesn't suffer long term implications down the road in his 40s because of this. But it doesn't seem too much of an ask to just shut it down a month or so and restart it.

True but the general population won't get it until the last phase which is hopefully summer. If the NBA players get it before the general population it will be a PR nightmare IMO.

I think they'll understand as long as it's not before those in Phase 1 (medical professionals and such) get a chance.

People don't want their sports interrupted and the idea of higher priority before the last stage is pretty well received. And the only counterargument is just releasing in a first come first serve manner which is a Libertarian approach so those people wouldn't mind a rich gets it first as a result of that because that's the only way that ever ends.

I know some may find this hard to believe, but most people would prefer to see all of their at risk loved ones get it before some incredibly healthy and in shape athletes.
SmartWentCrazy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,847

Post#127 » by SmartWentCrazy » Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:14 pm

Ernest wrote:
GreenBloodedC wrote:NBA must do something about this. Not just because teams are missing players and games may be cancelled, but to put the health of the players first.

I guess, but is anyone really getting sick? I know a lot of guys got it, but have any got really sick from it? Not trying to start a whole thing, just wondering.

Other than the 4,000+ people now dying daily from it?
Ernest
Sixth Man
And1: 1,271

Post#128 » by Ernest » Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:32 pm

SmartWentCrazy wrote:
Ernest wrote:
GreenBloodedC wrote:NBA must do something about this. Not just because teams are missing players and games may be cancelled, but to put the health of the players first.

I guess, but is anyone really getting sick? I know a lot of guys got it, but have any got really sick from it? Not trying to start a whole thing, just wondering.

The players dude. We were talking about the players. Your act is getting old.
LarryBirdsFingr
RealGM
And1: 18,455

Post#129 » by LarryBirdsFingr » Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:49 pm

Here's some science:

-if you're in a small enclosed space less than 800 sqft for a large period of time with people who have the virus, you will breath the same air as them, and you will most likely get the virus if you are unmasked. This is fact not opinion

- if Tatum has the virus, and comes out mostly healthy, that's a good thing seeing as he'll have at least 6-12 months of immunity afterwards. Unfortunately, in some cases, it can be much lower than that. (I've seen someone test positive with symptoms twice within 6 months)

-young people are developing cardiac issues from.this virus, and other long term health issues that we cannot truly quantify yet. This is the big "uh oh" we should be worried about.
I don't believe in statistics. There are too many factors that can't be measured. You can't measure a ballplayer's heart. -Red Auerbach

Marcus Smart is an underrated shooter
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
SmartWentCrazy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#130 » by SmartWentCrazy » Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:12 pm

Ernest wrote:
SmartWentCrazy wrote:
Ernest wrote:

They have families. Jaylen Browns grandfather, whom he lived with in the first part of quarantine, has cancer. Why is this hard to understand. Like, look at anything related to KAT before your spout that ignorant **** BS.

Further, I’m assuming youre local and know who Eduardo Rodrgiuez is— perhaps you could tell me how he pitched last year after getting COVID?
jfs1000d
RealGM
And1: 13,963

Post#131 » by jfs1000d » Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:00 pm

reload141 wrote:Seeing Maxey and Stewart play well I hope to god that Nesmith can finally show out and do some things.

Aggravating. Nesmith can’t get in a game, but Maxey scored 39 yesterday.

That is a monster miss. Nesmith is the last player on the roster. Luckily that hit an hr with Pritchard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PtruthP34
Senior
And1: 78

Post#132 » by PtruthP34 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:34 pm

I don't think the PCR test should ever be used for diagnosis of a virus or any illness. Prove me wrong.

https://off-guardian.org/2020/06/27/covid19-pcr-tests-are-scientifically-meaningless/
SuperDeluxe
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,757

Post#133 » by SuperDeluxe » Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:51 pm

SmartWentCrazy wrote:
Ernest wrote:
SmartWentCrazy wrote:

They have families. Jaylen Browns grandfather, whom he lived with in the first part of quarantine, has cancer. Why is this hard to understand. Like, look at anything related to KAT before your spout that ignorant **** BS.

Further, I’m assuming youre local and know who Eduardo Rodrgiuez is— perhaps you could tell me how he pitched last year after getting COVID?

Aside from the human side of things, there's also a business to take care of. Each and every NBA player is an irreplaceable money-making machine for the league, its franchises and the players themselves. Everything is going to be done to keep players healthy, minimizing the chances of anything bad happening (see exhibit A, Eduardo Rodriguez).
Ernest
Sixth Man
And1: 1,271

Post#134 » by Ernest » Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:15 pm

SmartWentCrazy wrote:
Ernest wrote:
SmartWentCrazy wrote:

Dude. We were talking about the players health. Not their grandparents. I asked a question if any players were really getting sick from it as I was wondering- All I have heard was they get it but have no symptoms. No, I'm not local, where I am has just about no cases now so I really don't know and that's why I asked.

But it's not really about this. I told you to calm down or something because you were calling someone names a week or 2 ago and since then you have been replying to posts I make trying to bate me into something or whatever it is you are doing. I'm just going to block you and be done with it.
SmartWentCrazy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#135 » by SmartWentCrazy » Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:08 pm

Ernest wrote:
SmartWentCrazy wrote:
Ernest wrote: The players dude. We were talking about the players. Your act is getting old.

Dude. We were talking about the players health. Not their grandparents. I asked a question if any players were really getting sick from it as I was wondering- All I have heard was they get it but have no symptoms. No, I'm not local, where I am has just about no cases now so I really don't know and that's why I asked.

But it's not really about this. I told you to calm down or something because you were calling someone names a week or 2 ago and since then you have been replying to posts I make trying to bate me into something or whatever it is you are doing. I'm just going to block you and be done with it.

This was the first reply I’ve made to you since you made a bigoted joke. I replied because you made an incredibly ignorant statement. Stop saying dumb things that need a reply and, trust me, I wont interact with you.
The_Ghost_of_JB
RealGM
And1: 17,680

Post#136 » by The_Ghost_of_JB » Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:09 am

NBA is kind of doing this to themselves. They are absolutely not following the proper protocol. Tatum tested positive yet the wizards played the very next day Even though there was probably 15 people exposed?

Just testing guys that were exposed and letting them play if they're negative clearly isn't working.
*Insert witty signature here.*
floyd
Bench Warmer
And1: 648

Post#137 » by floyd » Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:51 am

PtruthP34 wrote:I don't think the PCR test should ever be used for diagnosis of a virus or any illness. Prove me wrong.

https://off-guardian.org/2020/06/27/covid19-pcr-tests-are-scientifically-meaningless/

I’ve worked for a diagnostic lab for 15 years. You are completely wrong. Well designed pcr tests are extremely sensitive and can detect very low copy numbers. They can also determine if an infection is active unlike antibody tests which will be positive after the infection has cleared.

PCR tests can have higher false positive rates as they are so sensitive that even small amounts of cross contamination can cause a positive signal but retesting mitigates that risk.
reload141
RealGM
And1: 22,220

Post#138 » by reload141 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:16 am

Mr_Mojo_Risin wrote:Time to move the NBA to Australia and play games here in front of covid free crowds at 10am (for US prime time) lol. I nominate Melbourne as Boston’s home away from home for no selfish reason whatsoever.

I second this.
captain green
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,664

Post#139 » by captain green » Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:53 am

reload141 wrote:
Mr_Mojo_Risin wrote:Time to move the NBA to Australia and play games here in front of covid free crowds at 10am (for US prime time) lol. I nominate Melbourne as Boston’s home away from home for no selfish reason whatsoever.

I second this.

I veto this for 8 reasons
1. Poisonous mammal
2. Poisonous reptile
3. Poisonous insects
4. Poisonous plants
5. Poisonous aquatic animals
6. A legit dinosaur called a cassowary
7. Fires yearly
8. Crappy weed
Brown's #1 fan on this forum.
Bill Bradley
RealGM
And1: 2,407

Post#140 » by Bill Bradley » Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:46 am

floyd wrote:
PtruthP34 wrote:I don't think the PCR test should ever be used for diagnosis of a virus or any illness. Prove me wrong.

I’ve worked for a diagnostic lab for 15 years. You are completely wrong. Well designed pcr tests are extremely sensitive and can detect very low copy numbers. They can also determine if an infection is active unlike antibody tests which will be positive after the infection has cleared.

PCR tests can have higher false positive rates as they are so sensitive that even small amounts of cross contamination can cause a positive signal but retesting mitigates that risk.

The inventor of the test itself disagrees with you. He said it was never intended to detect a virus and you can find anything with PCR since it’s so sensitive.

Return to Boston Celtics