ImageImageImage

Game 10: Denver Nuggets (4-5) @New York Knicks (5-4)

Moderator: THE J0KER

THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
And1: 6,513

Game 10: Denver Nuggets (4-5) @New York Knicks (5-4) 

Post#1 » by THE J0KER » Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:18 am

Denver finally outclassed on halftime an opponent that is clearly worse than Nuggets even without MPJ and even with Knicks have somehow better records.

Jokic is still in MVP mode, and the bench is much better with no more than 3-guards in rotation, and Harris and Millsap's offense is good, so Knicks which early success this season depending on very good defense (#3 in the league so far) just don't have a chance

With a 5-5 record after an awful 1-4 start Nuggets finally can start this season for real :lol:
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,253

Re: Game 10: Denver Nuggets (4-5) @New York Knicks (5-4) 

Post#2 » by skywalker33 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:44 am

Nice game, thorough domination/ineptitude of NYK. Gary has now had back-to-back good scoring games while still maintaining his defensive dominance. NYK is a one-trick pony in Randle, who just happens to be coming up on a contract year, but he does look pretty convincing. Glad to see young guys getting a few mins, should help down the road, hopefully those mins can increase as the season goes on.
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Post#3 » by The Rebel » Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:05 am

About time. This was the best our bench has looked in a long time, going back to last season.

Is Harris really back? This is the 2nd game in a row he has looked really good.

If so we need to trade barton, Dozier in the right matchup is very effective and he is a solid all around bench defender for the 1-3, with Campazzo, Morris, and Dozier I think our bench perimeter defense will be fine, and with Hartenstein and 1 of them handling the ball I think our pick and roll offense will be fine.

I think Hartenstein is a great fit as our backup C. He has to cut back on the fouls, but I think you can play Hartnestein 12 mpg with Green and Millsap, with his rough physical/hustle game Hartenstein can be our enforcer type. Then you can play MPJ at PF and Green at Center 5-8 minutes a game getting some extra backup minutes at SF.

There is something about Hampton that makes me think he needs minutes sooner rather than later. Despite his lack of outside shot attempts he can seem to get into the paint at will and his defense looks pretty solid.

Tonight Bol showed why so many love his potential and why so many believe he will not get there. Great help defender, but his man defense is terrible. Offense we know he can shoot, but sometimes he tries to hard.
Mickey8
Head Coach
And1: 5,168

Post#4 » by Mickey8 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:03 pm

Read on Twitter

Ok bro , 20,10,5 in three quarters even though Jokic half ass-ed through another game, could have dropped 40 on Mitchell if he took more shots in the game .
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Post#5 » by NuggetsWY » Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:19 pm

As long as Jokic is on the team, I'll probably complain "we need more motion in our offense". :cheesygrin:

I don't mind Murray taking it easy in some games, but it's a bad habit to develop! :meditate:

Gary Harris is looking like he used to -and that makes him a perfect SG alongside Jokic-Murray. If he can keep that up and Porter becomes even close to what we dream of; Jokic, Murray, Porter, Harris would be a formidable starting combination.

Speaking of a starting lineup: I'm hopeful Green will develop into that fifth starter. I'm really liking his game.

Bench is shaping up. I see a lot of similarities between Dozier & Barton; but I believe Dozier will fit the Nuggets style even better.

Change-of-pace Campazzo still impresses me.

Hartenstein looks to be a solid backup center.
Mickey8
Head Coach
And1: 5,168

Post#6 » by Mickey8 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:04 pm

Denver have played couple of bad teams, Sixers were without 4,5 players in that game, Its hard to draw anything out of the last two games , except Denver one those games as they were supposed to.
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,253

Post#7 » by skywalker33 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:20 pm

Looking at the Knicks, if Randle wasn't playing so well, they'd easily be the worst team in the league.
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
king1389
Ballboy
And1: 6

Post#8 » by king1389 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:17 am

Another good game for Jokić, although he still don't get enough respect from the refs.

Looks like Dozier is adjusting to SF role, he forces too much in offense sometimes, but he is playing good so far this season.

Also, I realy like Hartenstein signing - good, cheap back up center and he makes free throws :lol:

Return to Denver Nuggets